YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 43 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26205 Topics
323964 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#2686 - 05/11/02 11:21 AM OT "Throught the eyes of a baby"
CorvetteElaine Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Ohio
Well, here I am talking about our almost 1yr old granddaughter Caylie. I babysat yesterday, it was nice so I took her outside. She's at the...what I call "walking like Frankenstein" age, a beginner! She had her little push toy and walked all over holding on to that. Anyway....it just melted my heart to watch this little baby explore and discover things! She has been afraid of grass, yet stopped and ever so gently brushed her hand over the top, as if to say "maybe it doesn't hurt!" She stopped to look at a dandelion(lots of those in our sons yard!) I said "flower" and picked it and smelled it. She held it, looked at it, then put it up to my nose. She later picked her very own flower for me to smell. Then she discovered a shadow! She bent over and tried to touch it! And every car that went by, she'd wave to, some people even got a kiss blown to them! That time with her was so special, I had her all to myself to enjoy. I often write in my Hallmark (had to put THAT!) Grandma journal. This Mother's Day as a new grandma is so very special--nothing like it!!
Elaine

Well I tried to change the spelling of the topic to "through" but it won't let me, sorry I goofed!
------------------

[This message has been edited by CorvetteElaine (edited 05-11-2002).]

#2687 - 05/11/02 11:59 AM Re: OT "Throught the eyes of a baby"
Lil Ms Muff Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: TN
Oh Elaine, cherish these times with Caylie... she will be grown-up before you know it and you will be baking cookies with her and such. Thank you for sharing - I could just invision your precious day with her. I miss those times with my own. They still share with me special times in their lives, but it is so sweet and innocent when they are just learning about things instead of when "they KNOW everything"

#2688 - 05/11/02 01:23 PM Re: OT "Throught the eyes of a baby"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re-exploring the world through the eyes of a grandchild can't be beat. I know how you feel Elaine.
Jo-Ann

#2689 - 05/11/02 02:54 PM Re: OT "Throught the eyes of a baby"
Cathy_Tex Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Houston TX
What a cute story, Elaine! Caylie sounds lucky to have you for a Grandma. I hope you won't mind if I share the picture you sent to me. It looks like Caylie already appreciates the finer things in life.

Love the license plate!

------------------
Cathy Metcalf - Houston, Texas
Friends are the BEST collectibles!
Visit my home on the web!

#2690 - 05/11/02 03:18 PM Re: OT "Throught the eyes of a baby"
BluOrchid2 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Lee's Summit, MO
What an awesome picture! Love it! So happy to see an updated picture of that little cutie....thanks for posting it, Cathy.

Now Elaine, ::::shaking my finger at you:::: I want you to add me right now to your emailing list of people you send out these photos to!

#2691 - 05/11/02 06:08 PM Re: OT "Throught the eyes of a baby"
Cathy_Tex Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Houston TX
 Quote:
Originally posted by BluOrchid2:

Now Elaine, ::::shaking my finger at you:::: I want you to add me right now to your emailing list of people you send out these photos to!

LOL! Lora, don't be mad at Elaine, because I'm not sure she could send a picture in an email. (Sorry, Elaine but you keep telling me that you haven't even figured out your scanner yet...) Elaine sent me that cute picture inside a birthday card that she mailed to me.

------------------
Cathy Metcalf - Houston, Texas
Friends are the BEST collectibles!
Visit my home on the web!

#2692 - 05/11/02 09:26 PM Re: OT "Throught the eyes of a baby"
Dee Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Raytown, MO USA
Ahhhh....

Love the story, Elaine! It's funny how some children aren't too sure of the grass. It so cute to see them explore everything in the summer. I remember when my niece discovered knees!

Have you taught Caylie the words to "Bye, Bye, Bye"?
I can just hear her, "Grandma can I borrow the Vette?"

#2693 - 05/11/02 10:43 PM Re: OT "Throught the eyes of a baby"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lucky you Elaine. We grandmothers who are near our little ones will have a great time tomorrow. Can't wait.

Moderator:  Moderator