YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (MarkyMark), 60 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26152 Topics
323375 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#273238 - 12/15/14 05:01 PM Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I decided this year to truly seek out specific ornaments from Disney Parks. They were sold around 10 years ago. I bought 5 of them in 2005/2006.

They are Disney characters with Mickey ornaments on the ornament somewhere. I know of 19 different designs, but I think there may be more and want to know if anyone here has any of these and/or can remember any of them.

Ornaments I have:

Mickey and Minnie:

Donald and Daisy:

Soooo cute! I adore Donald and Daisy!

Dopey:

He has another Mickey ornament hidden behind his back:

Snow White and Prince:

I was really starting to think I made this one up because I searched for it for years and couldn't find it until the beginning of this month.

Mickey ornament is behind her. If you'll notice, the Prince is paler than Snow White, a mistake since Snow White's skin is supposed to be white as snow. wink

Bambi and Thumper:

Cinderella and Prince Charming:

One of my originals bought in 2005.

Alice:

Phillip and Aurora:

Pongo and Perdita:
[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/23vluo0.jpg[/img]
One of my originals bought in 2006.

Ariel and Eric:
[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/voqs1y.jpg[/img]
The Mickey ornament is hanging from her hair bow:
[img]http://i59.tinypic.com/33bkbvq.jpg[/img]
I searched for this one for years and finally found it!

Belle and the Beast:
[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/334nng4.jpg[/img]
One of my original ones bought in 2005.

Aladdin and Jasmine:
[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/5e7pza.jpg[/img]
Has 4 Mickey ornaments (2 silver, 2 red) on each corner of the Magic Carpet. One of my originals bought in 2006.

Simba and Nala:
[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/s5z49j.jpg[/img]

Hercules and Megara:
[img]http://i60.tinypic.com/52f49t.jpg[/img]
When I found the Snow White ornament, I checked the seller's other items (I always do that), and I saw this one, which I didn't even know existed!

Mulan:
[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/inab79.jpg[/img]
Has 6 gold Mickey ornaments along her parasol.

Exist but I don't have them:
Dumbo (with Timothy in his hat, red Mickey ornament dangling from his trunk)
Peter Pan (flying/prancing with blue Mickey ornament in his left hand)
Aristocats (Duchess and Marie with Duchess holding a pink Mickey ornament)
Pocahontas and Meeko (Pocahontas is holding Meeko in her arms with a green Mickey dangling from her hand)

I get bid against multiple times on these and have lost a few times, so there seems to be some competition for them. Quite irritating. And they barely show up online. I know of a seller selling the Pocahontas one, but the shipping quote is too high in my opinion and there is either some chipping or paint errors on Meeko. Another seller just listed Dumbo saying it's new, but Timothy's head is clearly broken off.

Anyway, I feel like there would be a Lady and the Tramp ornament like this as well as Pinocchio, and at least one Winnie the Pooh. Maybe Goofy and/or Pluto too? Possibly something from Hunchback? Considering the sheer amount of "Lilo and Stitch" ornaments in the Christmas shops those years, I'd imagine there is one for that movie. Maybe others? Maybe Pixar too? The movie would have to be before 2004 to have an ornament in this collection.

I don't think there was a Tarzan/Jane because I asked the cast members if they had anything for that movie, and they'd never seen any. I don't think there was a Chip and Dale ornament either because I was looking for a Chip and Dale ornament and bought a bobble head ornament of them in front of a Christmas tree. But, I could be wrong.

In happy news, by searching for these, I've stumbled across good bargains. Like today, finding the Sketchbook ornament of Peter Pan, Wendy, John, and Michael in front of Big Ben BIN for $24.95 with free shipping! Last week, I had the same ornament in my Watch List, and it went for over $40, so that was a happy surprise.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I don't know why I love these so much, but I do. They're my favorite Disney ornaments.

Edit: My image coding is correct, but it's not showing all of the images for me. You can click on the links to see them.

#273248 - 12/15/14 09:19 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I think some of the pictures aren't loading as it's over the size limit for one post. Maybe if you broke them up into multiple posts?

Fun looking through all of those. I like the Beauty and the Beast one especially. Dopey is also charming. I prefer the ones where the characters seem to be focusing on the ornament somehow (instead of it just being on the carpet or parasol etc).

Wish I had some info for you, but alas, I would not have known these existed without your pointing them out. Good luck in your quest!

#273254 - 12/15/14 11:39 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I'm with Diana. You know more about these ornaments than I do by a long stretch.

#273263 - 12/16/14 11:16 AM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
luckdragon, I don't know anything about them but they are beautifully done. A couple of them, I don't know what it is, the glossy finish, they just look very beautiful . . . and I am very picky about glossy & shiny but the Donald & Daisy Duck one is a perfect example of glossy done right! Some look to have a more matte look. Seems like Disney did the perfect coloring on many of these except like you said Snow and Prince's face tones.

I can see why you really treasure these and want more IF you can find them!!!

Back then and earlier, I was being "true" to Hallmark and only buying the Hallmark Disney ornaments for my Disney collection. Bad decision. Missed out on so many of the Sketchbook and now I see I missed out on many Disney Parks ones too that I didn't give that much attention to on our many December trips to Disney in the early 2000 to 2004 or so years.

IF I come across any, now that I know more of what to look for, I will give you a shout out or a PM.

#273266 - 12/16/14 11:32 AM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Figured it was a bit of long-shot, but you never know. And I remember a Yulelogger who had a Mickey wreath had the Cinderella/Prince Charming one.

Thanks for the tip, Diana! Pictures:
Pongo and Perdita:

Ariel and Eric:

The Mickey ornament is hanging from her hair bow:

I searched for this one for years and finally found it!

Belle and the Beast:

One of my original ones bought in 2005.

Aladdin and Jasmine:

Has 4 Mickey ornaments (2 silver, 2 red) on each corner of the Magic Carpet. One of my originals bought in 2006.

Simba and Nala:

Hercules and Megara:

When I found the Snow White ornament, I checked the seller's other items (I always do that), and I saw this one, which I didn't even know existed!

Mulan:

Has 6 gold Mickey ornaments along her parasol.

The Belle/Beast one is my favorite too. Partially because it's my favorite Disney movie. It's hard to see at that angle, but it's one of the best Beast sculpts I've seen. Second favorite is the Bambi/Thumper one (looks really nice in person and is a good size) then the Donald/Daisy (especially since she's got mistletoe). I do agree that I like where they're holding the ornaments. I wish Mulan had been paired with Shang and Pocahontas with John Smith to have the couples' vibe that was going on. Oh well.

Thanks, Deana! I check fairly often, but I don't really have the gumption in me to look through pages and pages of say Winnie the Pooh ornaments to see if they did one for Pooh. I would love to go back in time and kick myself for not buying more, but I just didn't have the funds for them. They were $12.50 each, I think, and one year, it was a week before Premiere, so I was being conservative. Parks ornaments are quite hard to search for since some people can't remember where they got ornaments from and they have a range of materials/sizes/types they make, unlike the Disney Store Sketchbook line, which all have similar characteristics. Some, I've stumbled across. Like, I searched Mickey head ornament and found the Peter Pan one (didn't buy it because I was watching several auctions at the time). Like I said about Hercules/Megara, if I hadn't looked at the seller's other items, I wouldn't have found it. I honestly did not remember it like I did Snow White/Prince, Aurora/Phillip, and Ariel/Eric. Maybe I never saw it.

I actually used to have my original five hanging in my room year-round for about 5-7 years.

#273287 - 12/16/14 09:29 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

You do know I'm sitting here thinking, "I will not start collecting these ornaments. I will not start collecting these ornaments." I mean, I hardly put out much of what I have this year as it is. And I never come close to putting everything I have up every year anyway. But the collector in me is shouting that I must have them.

#273308 - 12/17/14 09:02 AM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Mark, good luck finding them. I've been peeking around on eBay and searching for a website that might have some history or even pinterest for a picture history and have come up pretty much empty handed.

#273334 - 12/17/14 06:39 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

#273345 - 12/18/14 12:30 AM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

So not helping.

#273354 - 12/18/14 09:17 AM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I really like the couple ornaments. Thanks for sharing these with us, luckdragon!

#273490 - 12/21/14 05:09 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

It's not Disney Parks, but this Figaro from Pinocchio ornament has a cat toy with what looks like a Mickey ears top.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Grolier-P...=item5b09c0930d

#274300 - 01/06/15 09:31 AM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I searched at Disneyland on Sunday but didn't see any ornaments with Mickey ear ball ornament minis on them. Sorry Luckdragon, I tried.

I asked a cast member if there was a Wall-E Christmas ornament for 2014 and she said there was, but couldn't remember what it featured besides Wall-E himself. I was amazed at the customer service. After combing the store to make sure they didn't have one hiding in a nook or cranny, she then called all the other stores in the park and downtown Disney selling ornaments to see if they had it (I didn't ask for this, she volunteered), but every store was sold out of it. I may not have gotten the ornament, but I still left feeling impressed that the folks at Disneyland tried hard to make me happy.

#274312 - 01/06/15 03:51 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, they're hardish to find. I can't even find the gingerbread castle ornaments that they used to make (I search types that were around the same year). Seems easier to find them during Christmas season when folks unpack their ornaments and thin their collections.

Anyone else have the gingerbread Cinderella castle and/or Sleeping Beauty castle? They're so cute! I only have the Cinderella one and am not looking for the Sleeping Beauty one, but they were made around the same time.

#274342 - 01/06/15 10:21 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I hadn't even heard of these, but I can already tell I want them. smile

#274344 - 01/06/15 10:29 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I can't find a picture of the Sleeping Beauty one, but I can remember it in the WDW Christmas stores.

Here's the Cinderella one:
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x135/siobhanmason/IMG_0587_zpsbd351707.jpg

It's really cute, I display mine every year, and I know I've seen this ornament in someone's decorations from years ago (as well as the Cinderella/Prince Charming ornament with the Mickey ball). I think Yulelogger who had it had it on a food tree...

#274419 - 01/07/15 11:33 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks for that. Looks nice.

#291506 - 01/19/16 07:56 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I thought I'd give a little update. So, I now have the others I mentioned. I was wrong about Peter Pan. He actually holds two Mickey ornaments.

I also discovered two more! And I got them. Last, but not least, is my little display I did. It looks better in person than the picture, but it's one of those metal trees (found at a thrift store).

Onto the ornaments!

Pinocchio and Geppetto:

Jiminy Cricket:

Dumbo:

Peter Pan:

Duchess and Marie:

Pocahontas and Meeko:

Display:

Those are all that I know exist. I'm always on the lookout for more. smile

#291509 - 01/19/16 11:28 PM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
btw - saw a post on Facebook about an Etsy shop that makes Falcor/Luckdragon plush toys, it made me think of you.

#291513 - 01/20/16 12:31 AM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Must resist trying to get the follow your example.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

#291537 - 01/20/16 07:40 AM Re: Disney Parks ornaments - mid 2000s Question [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
btw - saw a post on Facebook about an Etsy shop that makes Falcor/Luckdragon plush toys, it made me think of you.

I think I've seen those plush animals on Etsy before. I do have a bracelet from Etsy that I requested to be made that is "The Neverending Story" themed. wink

I just need Hallmark to make an ornament for the film. The fact that they're doing some 80s films gives me hope. I also need a "Labyrinth" one. Especially now that David Bowie died. frown I also have a "Labyrinth" bracelet from the same seller.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator