YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26152 Topics
323375 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#272029 - 11/18/14 12:39 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Diana*
Glad you got yours, Mark!

Thanks for the info, Deana. I have the Disney visa but would only use it for Disney online shopping. I haven't used it in awhile, and it expired, but they just sent me a new one and I was like, oh, do I still have this card?

Is it always a discount on Disney purchases, or only a random promo offer? Ditto the free shipping... always if you use the Disney Visa - or do you need to reach a certain $ amount or ??? Can you enter more than one promo code on a purchase?

Use to be always. Now I believe it is 50.00 or more purchase. Like yesterday, I was at maybe 52.00 or thereabouts . . . and it was going to be 12.95 shipping . . . so I went and added two more Sketchbook ornaments and maybe something else . .. managed to get to 75.00 so free shipping and the 10% discount. I think you can use up to 3 or maybe 4 codes . . . the 10%, the Free Ship and maybe one more . . . I'd have to go look on the DIS Budget Board for sure . . . those Disney fans know ALL the in's and out's when it comes to saving money with Disney. smile

Speaking of old expired cards . . . I went to apply for one this Spring as a few remodeling/redecorating projects I was ordering for online had savings upwards of 10% via shopdiscover . . . well I ONLY had the Sam's Club Discover and that didn't count . .. so went to apply for a new plain Discover online . . . and realized after I had to call in to verify something . .. that I had an existing Discover card, since like 1992 but I hadn't used it or activated cards in about at least TEN YEARS . . . so instead of a new account I just had them send me a new card for that dormant account . . . man oh man . . . did the shopdiscover savings rack up quick . . . just since May or early June it was over 300.00 in rebates and just last week I was able to have them do an automatic transfer of the rebate into my checking account! The 10% purchases sure beat the heck out of 3% or 4% at mrrebates or ebates . . . not all stores but it did add up quickly and made it well worth getting a new card on an old account!!!

#272030 - 11/18/14 12:48 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
I also got the 2009 Blue Fairy Sketchbook ornament in the mail today. I bought it from this seller, and it's a really good price. She has multiples. Mine was NRFB:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pinocchio...=item1e94b32ad7

It was one of the ornaments I've been admiring from the Sketchbook line. I've got over 300 pictures of the Sketchbook ornaments saved on my computer from searching the Internet. I believe they started in 2007. Maybe one day, I'll upload them into an album.

I would really love to see that album! I've been trying to find as much out about older ones as I can.

I can't believe that I forgot to check these past couple of days and go figure I missed the Snow White ornament. Grrr.

#272031 - 11/18/14 01:16 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

I would also love to see the album as I would love to get all of the sketch book ornaments (or at least as many as possible). :-)

Angela

#272032 - 11/18/14 02:35 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Check out ebay for Rapunzel and Flynn - oh man is it going for a lot. Deana pointed that one out to me.
Was White Rabbit from Alice this year? I guess I missed that one - didn't see it in the store last week.

#272033 - 11/18/14 02:42 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I think White Rabbit was last year along with the Alice in the bottle with the tag/note "Drink Me".

#272034 - 11/18/14 03:05 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
There's a really cute one of Alice and the Queen of Hearts from 2007. Alice is on one side and it says "Nice." The Queen of Hearts is on the other, and it says "Naughty."

I'll see if I can set up a Photobucket account and upload them. Except for 2013 and 2014. My 2013 pics are on another computer, and I haven't gathered the 2014 ones yet.

Check out ebay for Rapunzel and Flynn - oh man is it going for a lot. Deana pointed that one out to me.

Several of them are really high. I'd love to have the Si and Am one, but it rarely shows up. When it does, it's at least $80. Are you referring to the wedding one where Rapunzel's hair is short or the boat? Both seem to sell high. I have the wedding one since I needed Flynn for my collection, and Hallmark hasn't done him yet. It's a nicely done sculpt. The boat one...I've seen pics, and the faces are lacking detail.

#272036 - 11/18/14 03:21 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

The Wedding one. Glad you have that one for your collection luckdragon . . . especially since you try to buy so many of the characters.

#272037 - 11/18/14 03:23 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Oh, I loved the wedding one from last year. I loved that Flynn was with her in the ornament too. It was a great sculpt!

Angela

#272038 - 11/18/14 03:57 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Here's the album so far:

http://s754.photobucket.com/user/luckdra...rt=4&page=1

I need to go get the 2013 pictures and the 2014 pictures. I also have to grab my personal picture of 2007 Jiminy Cricket because I cannot find a picture of that ornament. I've tried, but it never shows up. It's like the 2009 Jiminy Cricket but no glitter.

A lot of the pictures actually came from Disney Store's website (imagine my surprise when I found an old link for an older ornament, still active on the site, and from there, I was able to go through the image links and uncover a lot). Some pictures came from a website I think I linked on here. Some came from ebay. My apologies to the folks whose pictures I lifted. It's for archival purposes, of course.

My #1 ornament I'd love to have is Si and Am from 2010. I also want 2010 Lucky and Rolly, 2008 Enchanted Rose, and a lot of others. Unfortunately, a lot of these are too expensive for me (granted, I haven't found the rose yet).

#272040 - 11/18/14 04:29 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Makes me wish I had started Sketchbook ornaments a few years ago . . . I just started buying them last year. frown

#272041 - 11/18/14 04:50 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

I remember passing on several Tangled ornaments because I hadn't seen the movie yet, boy do I regret that now. The Tangled tower is another expensive one I would love. I started collecting these in 2012 I believe, I also wish I had started sooner. Thank you for posting the album, so many I wish I had!

#272050 - 11/18/14 05:46 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Be vigilant on ebay, especially this month and next as people unpack their Christmas decorations and sell some off. After Si and Am, Pinocchio and the Blue Fairy was my next most coveted, and I was able to get it for a good price.

I've been scouring ebay for ornaments from Disney Parks in the mid 2000s. They are characters holding Mickey Mouse ball ornaments. I had 5 of them from WDW trips in 2005 and 2006. I recently obtained another one. This one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Parks-Chr...d-/261656785718
I'm in constant search for them now, and in the meantime, that means finding other deals like getting the Aladdin Storybook set for $24.95 with shipping. Even though I abhor the quality of my Beauty and the Beast set, I'm hopeful for this. It has 4 characters I don't have! laugh Like I said...I'm obsessed.

Anyway, you see that she's holding a Mickey ball ornament? The 5 ornaments I already own like that are some of my absolute favorite ornaments ever. They're lightweight, colorful, whimsical, and adorable.

Anyone know of these ornaments? Through ebay searches and questioning other people (as well as my own collection), I know of these:
-Mickey and Minnie
-Donald and Daisy
-Snow White and Prince
-Cinderella and Prince Charming
-Aurora and Phillip
-Ariel and Eric
-Belle and Beast
-Aladdin and Jasmine on flying carpet
-Pocahontas and Meeko
-Hercules and Megara
-Mulan
-Simba and Nala
-Pongo and Perdita
-Alice
-Bambi and Thumper
-Duchess and Marie
-Dumbo
-Dopey

I feel like there was a Snow White and her prince, but I may be wrong. I also could have sworn I saw a Timon and Pumbaa version. I'm mostly curious as to if Snow White and her prince was an ornament as well as Lady and the Tramp.

Oh, and if you know of more Sketchbook ornaments (minus 2013 and 2014) that I don't have here, please post! 2007 seems particularly light to me since I can remember getting a catalog in the mail from the Disney Store in 2007 announcing a sale on the ornaments with several pictured. I also feel like because there is a Bashful/Doc and a Grumpy/Happy/Sleepy ornament that they probably did a Dopey/Sneezy ornament...no proof though. Haven't seen the Bashful/Doc or Grumpy/Happy ornament on ebay either.

Edit: I FOUND the Snow White and Prince ornament that I've looked for for years! And the seller had a Hercules and Megara! I didn't even know that existed!

Edited by luckdragon (12/02/14 11:31 AM)

#272052 - 11/18/14 07:22 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm fairly certain they did a Dopey climbing the stairs, but not sure of a combo.

Lots in your album (that was a lot of work but it is REALLY appreciated) that I'd like, but the one I'm really keen on is the magic rose from Beauty and the Beast. Such a simple concept, but it is really lovely. I also like the Tangled tower.

Are these photos of ornaments from your personal collection, or just pictures you've gathered?

Could you please start a new topic with a title something like "album of Disney Sketchbook ornaments" and post the link there so it will be easy to remember/search/find? It's a great resource and I know I'll be referring back to it from time to time, I'm sure others will also.

#272070 - 11/18/14 09:46 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

OMG Wall-E with the recycling cube wrapped like a gift! I had no idea they made an ornament of that. I would have purchased two! Or more. LOVE it.
I have last year's Wall-E. It took three shipments to get one that wasn't broken.

#272075 - 11/18/14 10:16 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Thanks so much for sharing those pictures. I own a few of them, but there are others I wish I owned. Must resist....

#272077 - 11/18/14 10:44 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Are these photos of ornaments from your personal collection, or just pictures you've gathered?

Could you please start a new topic with a title something like "album of Disney Sketchbook ornaments" and post the link there so it will be easy to remember/search/find? It's a great resource and I know I'll be referring back to it from time to time, I'm sure others will also.

No, they aren't my pictures, but reading that reminded me that I forgot to upload the 2007 Jiminy Cricket picture while I was on my old computer. *sighs* Needless to say, 2013 pics are up. Thanks to tiggerfan, I found another ornament. I'll upload that pic as well as a few others with the 2014 collection once I pull them.

The Disney Store website was where a lot of them came from since they, apparently never delete pictures. You just find an old, archives page, copy the image location, change the number on the photo, and voila! you find other ornaments. What led to that was looking at a review for the 2012 Aristocats ornament on Amazon. Someone mentioned that it was made by some artist and made in lesser quantities than other Sketchbook ornaments. They said they read it on a website. I had that ornament, and I tried to find info on it, and what I did find was the 2009 Aristocats ornament on Kaboodle. It gave a direct link to the Disney Store.
Click and see:
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/disney-aristocats-ornament-disney-store
So, I used that image to find the 2009 images that I could find. Kaboodle had several that were listed as available on the Disney Store website, so I used them to get other images (using the dates on the reviews to figure out the dates of the ornaments).

Some came from ebay, not too many.

And this site was invaluable:
http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/category/christmas/
I just went through their collection and paid attention to where the ornament came from. Wonderful site to look through.

Here is the Wall-E ornament on ebay, Diana:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-with-tags-DI...=item3f40a47606
It's the only one I can find of it right now.

I'll start a new topic once I get the 2014 images up and ready.

#272173 - 11/20/14 05:06 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

If anyone is still looking for it, Disney Store's website has the singing Elsa ornament back in stock:
http://www.disneystore.com/elsa-singing-sketchbook-ornament-frozen/mp/1359897/1000344/

#272221 - 11/21/14 11:07 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

It figures they weren't in stock back a few days ago when the Snow White ornament was for sale. I would have added some in a heartbeat to get the free shipping. Oh well.

#273337 - 12/17/14 08:31 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

We never did get Sword in the Stone. Pooh!

#273347 - 12/18/14 05:29 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
When we were at the Disney Studios on Saturday, to see our Disney D23 Club sneak preview of "Into the Woods" (theatrical opening is Christmas Day), we were also allowed to shop at the Cast Members-Only Studio Store. We had been there several times over the last few months, it was always crowded and they didn't have much in the way of orns, especially those from Frozen.

Siince I didn't want to lose out on any of the ones I wanted, I bought the others I needed thru the store, with FREE delivery to our house.

So, you'll imagine my surprise when we were there, the store was empty except for CMs, another couple, my hubby and I!! But here's the frustration - we had the stores to ourselves, the displays were stocked solid with orns, including those from Frozen! As far as I can tell the $8.00 each for orns was just for the Sketchbook orns, not Frozen, but had this been last month, I would've been happy to shop!

Oh well, another time, I'm sure it'll go back to having things we want. On the other hand, we saw the movie, in their incredible theater with their amazing sound system, for absolutely FREE!!!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Moderator