YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
3 registered (tiggerfan, JerseyVike, ajfargo), 36 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1532 Members
15 Forums
26195 Topics
323775 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#283183 - 08/05/15 04:32 PM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
They added two more Sketchbook ornaments today. A glass Mickey and a glass Minnie. I like them better than the glass ornaments last year. wink

#283845 - 08/17/15 03:33 AM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Loc: Texas
There are tons of new ornaments added! Aladdin LE, Beast, Buzz and Woody, Jasmine musical, Ariel musican, Rapunzel musical, and so many others! Wall E and Eve!

#283847 - 08/17/15 04:31 AM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Love the Beast in the bathtub! Too funny. And Wall-E and Eve looks great. Dumbo is darling.
I'm going to be poor quickly. Hope the sales start soon!
(Still holding out hope for Sword in the Stone.)

#283849 - 08/17/15 06:11 AM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Can't wait for the sale they do every year!

Definitely need the Aladdin/Jasmine musical ornament, the Tangled musical ornament (that's the old Sketchbook ornament put on a base), Little Mermaid musical ornament, Peas in a Pod, Evil Queen and Magic Mirror, Lady and the Tramp, Beast, and maybe Wall-E and Eve. Hopefully Merida too.

Nice year! Looking forward to seeing the rest!

The Beast ornament reminds me of the Enesco ornament, "Beauty for the Beast," which I've owned for a few years and really love:
http://www.tias.com/stores/tsj/pictures/ehobbbba.jpg

#283851 - 08/17/15 06:22 AM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: DDCakes
There are tons of new ornaments added! Aladdin LE, Beast, Buzz and Woody, Jasmine musical, Ariel musican, Rapunzel musical, and so many others! Wall E and Eve!

UGH! I thought you meant the Jasmine recolor as the Aladdin limited edition. Until I saw what you really meant:

http://www.disneystore.com/art-of-jasmine-ornament-set-limited-edition/mp/1380850/1000344/

I just put in an order for that, the Jasmine musical ornament, and a pair of baby Halloween shoes to get the free shipping. Wasted the shipping cost on Ichabod. Oh well.

#283858 - 08/17/15 09:53 AM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Online   content
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

They have new sketchbook ornaments up and I love them! I have to get the tigger. When do they normally start their sale for the ornaments? I am not sure I will be able to wait! :-)

Angela

#283859 - 08/17/15 09:55 AM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Santa's Helper

And I just realized that others have posted that there are new ones up. I think I just got a little excited!

Angela

#283861 - 08/17/15 10:22 AM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Faster Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Ontario
Really like the Mickey ornament on the scooter. Hopefully they still have a Cap ornament in the wings. I bought last years but it didn't service the flight home from Orlando.

#283862 - 08/17/15 10:56 AM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Confused me too. Missed it early this a.m. My alarm went off at 3:30 and I turned it off and actually checked around 6:30 and apparently that was still too early as I checked the musical Jasmine and saw hmmm NOT limited but bought it anyway and the Tangled as it looked so similar to the previous non-musical one that goes for big bucks on eBay so I wasn't chancing waiting for the sale. So now I ordered the limited set. Whew.

Checked UK site and nothing new for Sketchbook that I noticed but quite a few "forest" themed ornaments and more "baubles".

#283870 - 08/17/15 04:02 PM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

4:00 central . .. Art of Jasmine SOLD OUT.

Hope everybody that wanted the set was able to get it.

#283872 - 08/17/15 04:31 PM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Santa's Helper

And it's on ebay for prices ranging from $95 to $129.

#283874 - 08/17/15 05:04 PM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I could see at work that it was listed as sold out as early as 1:15 PM EST. That set went faster than the Art of Aurora set. Speaking of Art of Aurora, there are lots of that set available on ebay for pretty good prices. I think around $30. The retail was...either $39.95 or $49.95.

The Art of Jasmine set looks pretty good, especially the Aladdin ornament. I also like the Genie, but I'm not too big on the Jasmine ornament...
Apparently it was a D23 set too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/D23-Expo-The-Art...n-/221856242630
Wish that the Frozen set sold at D23 would show up on the Disney Store website. I want that Kristoff ornament. I'm assuming D23 only got a portion of the 1000 sets and just tacked the D23 logo on the box? Surely they didn't do a 1000 for D23 and then a 1000 for the non-D23. They're identical.

Few thoughts:

As for Sword in the Stone, I'm still hoping, but seeing the reissued Rescuers instead of the Rescuers we saw last year in the UK kind of dims that hope. frown Seriously, Disney Store?

And the Mickey balloon again? *sighs* How many times has that been in the line?

The Evil Queen and Magic Mirror has lenticular movement! Awesome! smile Peas in a Pod is a flocked ornament! I have the Oswald ornament from last year, and it's flocked, and it's some of the best flocking I've seen. Oswald is flocked again this year. Must resist...too many others I like...gah. Simba is also flocked. But Simba looks off to me. The eyes are definitely weird...

Another dwarf in the unofficial dwarfs series.

Wall-E and Eve is another Disney couples ornament! That sculpt is as good as Hallmark does. Looks like it has glitter in the clear plastic.

I still think they'll do more (hoping, though they are already at more than last year unless you count personalized ornaments). I tried snooping through their image names, and there is a gap between Merida and Elsa, so I think they will do a frilly Anna ornament. I also think Inside Out will have an ornament. Maybe Good Dinosaur and Star Wars.

Light up ornaments now cost the same as musical ones. That Jiminy Cricket ornament from before was the same price as regular Sketchbook ornaments. Now, it's not.

Oops! Look at the banner for the Sketchbook series. They used the sketches from "Moments That Made Disney" as the background.

Oh, and I updated my Photobucket album of Sketchbook ornaments to add in the new ones. I also located an image of this year's hangtag (I've put the hangtag for every year in there so people can ID anything that's not in the album or was issued multiple years):

http://s754.photobucket.com/user/luckdra...rt=4&page=1

#283902 - 08/17/15 09:36 PM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Wish I'd taken the time to look at that Jasmine set this morning. Oh well. I guess I didn't need it.

#283910 - 08/18/15 06:07 AM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They added another Sketchbook ornament today. It's a reissue of the 2008 Tinker Bell.

And, of course, they gave the Disney Store UK some of the Ichabod and Katrina ornament as well as the Art of Jasmine set. That Ichabod and Katrina will just collect dust in their warehouse. I hope that they at least lowered the allotment for Europe. Again, it's nothing personal, but they still have all 12 of Moments That Made Disney. Just seems silly to not sell them in the country that actually buys them, but what do I know?

#284066 - 08/21/15 12:25 AM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Faster Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Ontario
I wish Disney would hurry up and send the ornaments to the stores because I can't order from the online store. Stupid shipping blocks on certain items.

#284085 - 08/21/15 05:20 PM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I got my two orders today! Ichabod and Katrina is an amazing ornament! Though, I had a little brown paint on the upper part of Katrina's legs. Backside, so it's not noticeable. I'm hoping that the fact that the ornament is still available indicates that they allocated more to the US than overseas.

The Art of Jasmine set's pretty. The ornaments are bigger than the Art of Aurora set. The Aladdin ornament was my favorite of the three. He looks more realistic and less cartoony, which is an interesting choice given Jasmine looks like her cartoon version.

The Aladdin and Jasmine musical ornament is great! They did the melody with the lyrics this year! So, yep, I'll have to get the other two new musical ornaments (even if it's just the lyrics). The button to turn the music on is on the bottom on the battery compartment. It's just a short, thin black button. Threw me off since I couldn't find it at first. If memory serves, the two musical ornaments from last year had switches...hmm...

#284158 - 08/24/15 03:35 PM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Finally got my recent orders opened & inspected.

Love the 2015 Sketchbook I have received so far. Not a dud among them.

Received my new monthly, Ichabod and Katrina . . . very nice and no extra brown paint on her leg. Wish you would have received a perfect one, luckdragon.

And bought the Art of Aurora on eBay and it too is wonderful. Those fairies with their little feet/shoes, hands, wands and delicate wings . . . all perfect.

I guess next time they do Cinderella or B&B or Mermaid we will see more Art of Disney sets. So I'll be caught up and ready! I don't think there have been any other sets that I know of.

#284161 - 08/24/15 05:28 PM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

It's okay that mine has that little mistake. It's not visible from the front, and factory workers in China work long and hard, so I try not to complain too much.

The Disney Store UK got a new Sketchbook ornament that isn't up on the US site:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/jaq-and-gus-key-decoration/mp/83191/1500055/

Way too much glitter for my taste. No idea if this is a non-US exclusive or not. I won't be too sad if it is. At least they're finally off the glass slipper! Now, if we could just get Mickey and the gang out of that balloon...

#284162 - 08/24/15 06:13 PM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Still no Sword and the Stone sightings !!!

#284166 - 08/24/15 10:54 PM Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Wow, they have a Copper and Todd ornament! And Ratatouille snow globe! And a Mickey and Gingerbread man cookie ornament set! Lots of cool stuff. I didn't see Jaq and Gus (the link only takes to main check in). But looks like they have most of the monthly Disney ornaments still available, and the limited edition Cinderella in her gown. Amazing.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Moderator