YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
3 registered (nina5999, DeniseC, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26205 Topics
323967 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#283668 - 08/14/15 06:31 AM Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series!
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1025033/

I'm screaming with delight! They aren't out yet, but LOOK AT THEM!!!!!

Robin Hood, Ichabod, Louis, Phil!

EEK! I have to go to work now! I'm literally trembling with excitement over these!

#283671 - 08/14/15 08:18 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Cool !!!

Might get a couple.

#283680 - 08/14/15 09:45 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Wow, some great characters not often seen.

I noticed in the regular line the "dress" princesses are all holding an animal. I like that Merida has a bear cub, and Mulan her dragon.

#283694 - 08/14/15 01:22 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Melbow31 Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: South Florida
Oh my goodness. I love the Ichabod ornament. I remember being scared to death of him whistle The new ornaments look great!

#283695 - 08/14/15 02:01 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
Oh wow - I will definitely be getting these!!! Thanks for the link. Another year of fun hoping to get all of these!

Angela

#283703 - 08/14/15 05:15 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

This is like a dream series for me. I enjoyed The Moments That Made Disney, but to think that they're letting the animators loose to basically pick anything they want is just amazing! I really want my favorite Disney animator, Glen Keane to one day do contributions to a series like this.

My thoughts on them (since I'm so elated):

Ichabod and Katrina - FINALLY! I've wanted an Ichabod ornament for years. Even though Ichabod and Katrina aren't an official Disney couple, it's close enough to a couples ornament to me. I love the whole look of it, and it'll probably be my favorite. I've always loved the Ichabod part of "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad" and kept harping for a long time that Hallmark should do a set of Ichabod ornaments for the Halloween line.

Phil - Happy to get Phil. Not my favorite character, but I love getting different characters, so I'm happy. It's a bit weird to mix Greek mythology with Christmas though, huh?

Rhapsody in Blue - That's my second favorite sequence for "Fantasia 2000" (after Piano Concerto No. 2, the Steadfast Tin Soldier). I love the fluidity of that ornament. It's a great sequence, and the ornament looks amazing!

Cheshire Cat - Love the pose on it. Perfectly captures the character.

Olaf - *sigh* I love Olaf's voice and the character's fine, but I've never really liked how he looked. I'm curious to see how the final piece will look though. It'll be popular for sure. And naturally, it's the December release, so people will be looking for Christmas ornaments on the site.

Dopey and Sneezy - Definitely the best by Bert Klein to me. His ornaments definitely have a sense of movement and fun.

Skippie and Robin Hood - YES! I'm hoping this is on a base and isn't two separate ornaments, but finally Disney Store does a Robin Hood ornament. I've never liked how the Grolier Robin Hood looked, so I haven't attempted to buy it since I kept hoping Disney or Hallmark would do one. Great looking sketch! Best of Hyun Min-Lee's ornaments, and she's got my favorite grouping.

Park Ranger & Humphrey Bear - Is the park ranger J. Audubon Woodlore? I can't tell. But whoa...definitely wouldn't have expected a Humphrey Bear ornament. Very happy with it!

Louis - So I get a Louis before getting a human Naveen? Beggars can't be choosers. I like Louis, and I'm guessing Hyun Min-Lee did some animation on that character.

Pooh - Umm...that's a let down. You scroll down the page, drooling over the ornaments and get a basic Winnie the Pooh standing on his name. I'm debating on if I want this. I hope it has something about it, maybe some interesting paint on the lettering. It just looks so plain compared to everything else.

Lady and the Tramp - I have two versions of the spaghetti supper. The Hallmark one, which the pull string doesn't work has always been a blah to me. The Disney Store one has a better sculpt, but the paint colors are strange on everything but the dogs. Hopefully this will finally do the scene justice. It is my favorite of Mark Henn's contributions. His name always throws me. I had a professor in college named Mark Hen. wink

Cinderella - Love the creativity. Part of me hopes it's a musical ornament that sings. I think it's neat that he's done so many princesses and chose to do an ornament for one he didn't do.

Excited! laugh

#283706 - 08/14/15 05:35 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Yay! Great news! I needed something FUN to look forward to.

#283715 - 08/14/15 11:12 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
There are several in this series that I absolutely must have. And, being a collector, that means I must get them all.

Although I serious hope they reconsider on Pooh. That is such a blah ornament, at least as teased right now.

#283768 - 08/15/15 07:21 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tassa09 Offline
Elf

Loc: Florida
Does anyone have pictures of these? The link didn't work for me.

#283769 - 08/15/15 07:32 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

#283770 - 08/15/15 07:40 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tassa09 Offline
Elf

Thank you!! Excited for Robin Hood finally! When do these come out?

#283771 - 08/15/15 07:41 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tassa09 Offline
Elf

Never mind lol saw the dates

#283782 - 08/16/15 10:14 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: carstairs38
There are several in this series that I absolutely must have. And, being a collector, that means I must get them all.

Although I serious hope they reconsider on Pooh. That is such a blah ornament, at least as teased right now.

I agree. Daughter loved WTP shows as a kid, more so than son, so will add it to the collection but they could have done more with it or at least paired him with Tigger.

Bet it starts tomorrow!!!

#283843 - 08/17/15 02:50 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

#283844 - 08/17/15 03:16 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: DDCakes]
Marilyn K Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Originally Posted By: DDCakes
Got mine!

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." --Charles Dickens

#283846 - 08/17/15 04:25 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Hooray, I got mine! Used code TREAT and bought a Nightmare Before Christmas item to get free shipping.

#283848 - 08/17/15 06:05 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got it!

I didn't do the free shipping since I didn't really want anything from the Halloween shop. I was tempted though to do that and add a couple of the musical ornaments. But, I'll save them for future orders. wink

Ichabod will finally be on my tree! *squee*

#283850 - 08/17/15 06:13 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Got mine! Picked up a few other ornaments.

Got the Haunted Mansion Playing Cards, 9.95 to get free shipping. Sarah was just saying this weekend she wanted some playing cards so these will be a perfect stocking stuffer unless I keep them for ME.

Got Beast, Musical Jasmine/Aladdin and Musical Rapunzel and the Fantasia. So I really didn't need the "treat" code after all but wanted those cards. And used my drvcmember code for 10% off.

#283855 - 08/17/15 09:40 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Got mine too! And bought a Halloween item for the free shipping. Another year of ensuring I don't forget to pick up these ornaments.

Angela

#283856 - 08/17/15 09:44 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Got mine.

I didn't do any additional shopping since I need to be getting ready for work so I can afford to buy stuff instead of shopping on my computer. Hopefully the other ornaments will be available when next month's is released so I can get free shipping then.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  Moderator