YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26149 Topics
323366 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#296928 - 06/20/16 05:33 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Lady and the Tramp is up!

http://www.disneystore.com/lady-and-the-...403373/1000344/

And last week, they added this cute Mr. Toad ornament if anyone's interested:
http://www.disneystore.com/mr-toad-figural-ornament/mp/1399766/1000344/

I ordered the Mr. Toad ornament on Friday with some other stuff to use my Zootopia pre-order $10 off $40 code, which expired yesterday. I was anticipating a free shipping promo with Finding Dory's theatrical release. Disney did not disappoint me. wink

We're almost done! One more to go! If you missed out on Louis or Pooh, they're still up. I wish Louis would sell out. He's a character they rarely do, and I like when they do less popular characters. Pooh still being there is fine by me. That ornament should have had played some Pooh quotes or something to jazz it up.

#296933 - 06/20/16 08:44 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I like this one, but not sure it's worth $28(with tax & shipping).

#296945 - 06/20/16 12:06 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I am wondering if the Snow White ornament fiasco (selling at the outlet stores instead of exclusively online) has discouraged a lot of people from completing the set? A lot of ornament collectors are completists and I could see being ticked off enough to give up on the series since there was a gap.

I'm glad I waited on getting Winnie the Pooh. I think I'll wait to buy next month to buy Pooh, Lady & the Tramp, and the last Art of Disney Cinderella (I don't much care for that design but it's a different look for Cinderella) all at the same time and combine shipping. I like the Lady and Tramp design, but have several spaghetti dinner ornaments now, so I wouldn't be broken up about missing it. It's not like somebody would look at my Disney tree and go, "Oh, you're missing the Disney Monthly Lady and the Tramp." Just me. LOL.

Mr Toad is cute.

#296948 - 06/20/16 01:33 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I purchased Lady and the Tramp and the Dory sketchbook set. That is absolutely adorable! I believe I have already bought Mr. Toad since my husband loves that character.

Angela

#296953 - 06/20/16 02:50 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Yesterday, I did some browsing so I'd be ready to buy the ornament. But did I remember this morning? No. Fortunately, I just remembered and was able to order from my work computer. I also ordered Zootopia and a pin set.

#296969 - 06/21/16 04:49 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

btw - my shipment from the previous month (from the site-wide sale) had four of the ten ornaments arrive broken! Three of them were hands that broke off. I emailed photos to the guest services address and they said I didn't have to return them (thank goodness, I hate handling return shipments). They shipped replacements for three of the ornaments (2 Evil Queens and 1 101 Dalmatians) that I should get in a few days, but they had sold out of the Hitchhiking Ghosts from Haunted Mansion, so they issued a credit for that one.

#296970 - 06/21/16 05:08 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

The Disney Parks ornaments they sell aren't in boxes. They should package them better.

Last Parks ornament I bought was the Victorian Mickey & Minnie bells, and they were wrapped pretty well in bubble wrap. Very pretty ornaments btw.

I'm hoping the Mr. Toad ornament arrives without breakage. Disney is good at customer service though. When my package with the Cinderella coach ornament was stolen off the porch, they issued me a refund on my credit card since they were out of that one.

I would have bought Mr. Toad from ebay like I did the other 2015 Parks ornaments I wanted (Elliott from "Pete's Dragon" and Sven from "Frozen"). I just couldn't justify the price ebay sellers were asking. Having the promo code made it more a price I liked.

#296972 - 06/21/16 06:06 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
The Disney Parks ornaments they sell aren't in boxes. They should package them better.
They actually put each ornament in bubble wrap and then inside a little lightweight cardboard box. Problem is that the Evil Queen was bigger than the box, so they had to put her in at a diagonal to get her to fit, which meant that stresses were put on the hands on each side of her. The left hand broke completely off one ornament; the right hand was fractured on the other (staying on barely but it's just a matter of time before it comes off.)

#296974 - 06/21/16 07:32 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

That's good that they're using boxed (though they need to use the right size). I've bought Rex with the Mickey ears and Mickey ice cream before and the Victorian Mickey/Minnie bells, and they were just wrapped in bubble wrap.

My Rex with the ice cream bar did arrive with an ear snapped off the ice cream. I glued it back on rather than contact them.

#296994 - 06/22/16 10:49 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
grahamcracker72 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Michigan
Almost forgot about the newest one...ordered it yesterday! No one messaged me to remind me...lol

#297000 - 06/22/16 02:23 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I can start messaging more people if needed. I'm only used to posting on this board and messaging Deana.

Got the shipping notice that they shipped my ornament. Should be here Saturday! laugh

If everything goes correctly, the last ornament, Cinderella, should be up for sale on July 18th. Then, it'll be August before we know it and we should start seeing the beginning of the 2016 Sketchbook line! laugh Maybe a new monthly series, who knows?

#297029 - 06/23/16 11:52 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Cinderella will come out right as I start a two week vacation. I should have planned better. smile

My ornament and the rest of the order has shipped. Supposed to arrive on Wednesday, while I'm out of town for work. Fortunately, my roommate comes back to town tonight.

#297032 - 06/24/16 10:24 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Anybody have a discount code? I still haven't ordered mine.

#297034 - 06/24/16 11:36 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
only code I know of is for Disney Visa if you have one of those then it has to be a 50.00 or more order.

#297089 - 06/28/16 08:15 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: Qwackertoo]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I ordered the Lady & the Tramp ornament along with the Green Army man ornament using the SHIPNEW code. Thank you Diana for the code.

Edited by JerseyVike (06/28/16 08:16 AM)

#297128 - 07/01/16 09:48 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

My order finally shipped !!!

#297179 - 07/02/16 03:47 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Hmm...

I got my replacement Mr. Toad ornament today and am writing a review. I write reviews fairly often on the Disney Store website, and this time on the review form, it asked if I wanted to enter the "Give a Little Whistle" sweepstakes. I checked the Terms and Conditions, and it's a sweepstakes for submitting reviews. You can enter up to three times (once per review for three reviews on three different products) to win a $100 Disney Store gift card. And it sounds like they'll be doing this sweepstakes monthly.

Sweet!

https://www.disneystore.com/give-a-little-whistle-sweepstakes/mn/1031004/

This was not there a week or so ago when I wrote my review for the Lady and the Tramp ornament.

Edit: Apparently Hallmark does the exact same thing. I did a review for 'Tis the Seasoning since I've actually seen it in person in May and felt it didn't match the series, so I felt like doing a review today. I usually review ornaments after I buy them. I got an email saying the review was approved, and at the bottom of the email, it says I've been entered in a chance to win a $100 Hallmark gift card. I'd love that. I'd love the Disney Store one too. Review, review, review, folks!

Edited by luckdragon (07/02/16 04:29 PM)

#297218 - 07/02/16 10:51 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh man! The reviews on my blog are usually too long for this kind of thing, too. Must get to revising and cross posting.

#297366 - 07/08/16 04:15 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: JerseyVike]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
I ordered the Lady & the Tramp ornament along with the Green Army man ornament using the SHIPNEW code.

I received my order yesterday. The Lady & the Tramp ornament looks great. The ToyStory Green Army soldier looks good, but not at $17.95 price. $10 to $12 is more like it.

#297373 - 07/08/16 08:07 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks for the review, Stan! Maybe they'll do a 25% off Disney Parks stuff one day. I wish Hallmark would do a Toymaker Santa with army men. I have a soft spot for plastic green army men as a classic toy.

In other news, it appears that Louis sold out!

Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  Moderator