YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26119 Topics
322843 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#289243 - 12/13/15 05:32 PM Sketchbook - Storage Solutions?
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
These ornaments seem to be quite space taking. I've taken to this year writing on top of the white boxes, in most cases, some not, in Sharpie the year and name, not always an "official" name of the ornament. But still, they sure do take up a lot of room.

Anybody else still keeping them in their boxes with their styrofoam packages?

Or have you tossed them and gone to wrapping and layering in tissue paper?

#289247 - 12/13/15 05:46 PM Re: Sketchbook - Storage Solutions? [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I keep the ones that need batteries in their boxes as well as more delicate ones like Inside Out and Mary Poppins. The others, I wrap in bubble wrap or tissue.

I do keep the Moments That Made Disney and Art of Disney Animation ornaments in their boxes (not the outer boxes, just the blue boxes).

#289252 - 12/13/15 07:13 PM Re: Sketchbook - Storage Solutions? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

That sounds like a good solution. I need to order some bubble wrap before mid-January.

Thanks!

#289266 - 12/14/15 08:34 AM Re: Sketchbook - Storage Solutions? [Re: Qwackertoo]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I'm looking to get smaller boxes, the original boxes are too big.

#289276 - 12/14/15 09:35 AM Re: Sketchbook - Storage Solutions? [Re: Qwackertoo]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I have been keeping them in their outer boxes, but they are taking up so much space and I could use the space. I may just keep the more fragile ones in their boxes and put the others in bubble wrap.

Angela

#289289 - 12/14/15 03:42 PM Re: Sketchbook - Storage Solutions? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I've been debating this, too. They really are in huge packaging and such space hogs. On the other hand, resin is not a very forgiving medium, so I've been keeping them in the styrofoam (when I purchased online, you don't get the boxes when you buy in-store) and boxes. I'll probably eventually toss the boxes, especially since (for the regular Sketchbook line, the non-Moments) the boxes won't be expected as lots of these were purchased by people in-store. I just feel like they'd be good extra protection for when shipping.

#289292 - 12/14/15 06:03 PM Re: Sketchbook - Storage Solutions? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Like luckdragon, I'll definitely be keeping the Monthly premium boxes.

I guess once you initially crack these open, with the outer box and the tape and the tape around the styrofoam . . . it is a bit easier next time around but not so much on the space issue. Which I need to vacuum my bedroom floor from opening the last few I received when I was out of town last month. They do make a mess. Little bits of styrofoam can't help but be left behind on the floor.

Between these and all my Hallmark, I'm feeling a tad bit overwhelmed. My collection has gotten a bit out of control since my husband mis-loaded my YuleLog in 2011 without proper backups so maybe I'll just start over.

I feel like ornaments are EVERYWHERE and in all sorts of shipping boxes and not in their right storage/group box and it is starting to drive me crazy or crazier.

Wow the Sketchbook are about sold out on Disney.com. Not much left this year. It was a VERY GOOD year.

And we're almost half way thru with our second 12 month series come next month!

#289293 - 12/14/15 06:17 PM Re: Sketchbook - Storage Solutions? [Re: Qwackertoo]
grahamcracker72 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Like luckdragon, I'll definitely be keeping the Monthly premium boxes.
Between these and all my Hallmark, I'm feeling a tad bit overwhelmed. My collection has gotten a bit out of control since my husband mis-loaded my YuleLog in 2011 without proper backups so maybe I'll just start over.

I feel like ornaments are EVERYWHERE and in all sorts of shipping boxes and not in their right storage/group box and it is starting to drive me crazy or crazier.

We are starting to feel this way too and talking about doing some thinning!

#289301 - 12/14/15 08:50 PM Re: Sketchbook - Storage Solutions? [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
If it helps, my first ones were bought in 2007 in the Disney Store (Jiminy Cricket, Mowgli and Baloo, and Pongo and Perdita) and have always been stored in tissue paper or bubble wrap since you don't get boxes with the ones from the brick and mortar stores. My first ones from .com were stored in boxes the first year, then I stopped doing that. They're too cumbersome and not very attractive boxes. Yeah, resin breaks. I dropped the Rapunzel tower last year and three pieces broke off it, leading to much searching for the small pieces. But, I was able to glue them back on. It got a storage upgrade and is now stored with the Keepsakes inside the house (the others except the musical/light up ones are stored in tubs in an outside building). Got the 2008 Aladdin/Jasmine one from ebay this year, and it arrived with the front two tassels off and had to be glued back, so it's definitely staying inside too since the glue holds better if not exposed to the elements.

Moderator:  Moderator