YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (MarkyMark, mtwnmk), 119 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1535 Members
15 Forums
26278 Topics
324857 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#289760 - 12/28/15 05:45 PM 2016 Hopes/Wishes
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Annual topic, a bit early, but I saw a few people mentioning looking forward to 2016 now. So, why not?

Please try not to mention any of what we already know since some people don't like spoilers. There is a topic that is full of spoilers here:
http://www.yulelog.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=289757

Now, my hopes/wishes/predictions:

Series
A World Within #2 - candy theme with a gingerbread man
'Tis the Seasoning - snowmen salt and pepper shakers please
Season's Treatings #8 - tray with hot cocoa
Beauty of Birds #12 - American Robin
Snowtop Lodge #12 - farmer snowman with a barn and tractor on the bottom, holding a pitchfork, wearing a straw hat, please bring back stick arms
Father Christmas #13 - I just want one with gold velvet. Gold's been an accent color here and there but hasn't been the star of the show and is a very common Christmas color.
Snowball and Tuxedo #16 - exchanging stockings
Snow Buddies #19 - turtle (running out of ideas, technically predicted the beaver correctly for 2015 and got close with Canada goose instead of goose for 2014)
Puppy Love #26 - Basset Hound
NH&S #33 - should be a house, hopefully a Victorian Painted Lady like what's in San Francisco. And I want to see a kitchen in a house instead of another living room/bedroom combo.

Unofficial Series:
Cereal - Rice Krispies
Children's books - If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
Dr. Seuss book-style - The Cat in the Hat
Kris's Penguins - drawing/coloring
Looney Tunes - I just want an ornament that's for the cartoon, "What's Opera, Doc?"
Vintage Hallmark ornaments (Bubble Lights was 2015's edition) - A tree topper in a vintage box and end the unofficial series there
That's what I can think of for now.

#289764 - 12/28/15 07:24 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: luckdragon

Series
Father Christmas #13 - I just want one with gold velvet. Gold's been an accent color here and there but hasn't been the star of the show and is a very common Christmas color.

After Joanne Eschrich did a signing event for her Faith line at my local club sponsor's store in early December, she talked to me about how she selects the fabric for the Father Christmas and is very specific about how she wants the fabric displayed on the ornament. I shared this with my local club at our meeting, and one woman told us that Joanne shops at one of the local Jo-Ann's fabric stores. The people who work at Jo-Ann's now recognize her and when she has selected the fabric for Father Christmas, they tell her that they know what Father Christmas will be wearing.

I haven't taken the time yet to think about 2016 since I've been really busy with all of my Christmas activities and some other year-end things I need to get wrapped up. But my family and I are celebrating the fact that my mom feels better so we think the procedure she had earlier this month worked and is working to clear up the problem she's been fighting since last spring. What a great gift that's been!

#289766 - 12/28/15 07:31 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
KCC Pursuit Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Albuquerque, NM, USA
Annual topic, a bit early, but I saw a few people mentioning looking forward to 2016 now. So, why not?

You have at least one right and two wrong.

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~

#289768 - 12/28/15 07:45 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
Moley Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Arkansas
That is a blessed gift indeed, Nancy. Hope she feels better with each new day. My greatest hope is good health for all our families in 2016.

Getting to luckdragon's question(you always come up with fun threads)...

I would love to see another cross in the premium line, one with cobalt blue glass or something with ruby colored crystals.

The backlit ornaments like Joy to the World and Moonlit Sleigh ride need more unofficial entries. I would love to see a nativity under a starlit sky with one really large star of Bethlehem lit up, too.

Hoping for Clark watching home movies in the attic in the Christmas Vacation unofficial series.

More ice cream cones or singing eggnog!

A church added to the magic cord selection.

#289782 - 12/28/15 11:00 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Would be fun for Tis the Seasoning to have vintage reindeer S&P shakers like Dept 56 had as ornaments/figurines this year.

I hope Christmas Belles goes back to a vintage look.

Most of my hopes are for non-series:

A pretty, stylized Peacock. Peacocks have been a huge decorating theme for several years now. My friend has a peacock tree and I want to get her an ornament for it.

Sci-fi wishes:
ETs spaceship that lights up
Close Encounters space ship with lights and sound. Must play the music.
Galaxy Quest space ship
The little robot VINCENT from Disney's Black Hole
Iron Giant

As always, will put out this wish but I don't have much hope for it as it is probably a licensing issue
Shirley Temple ornaments:
One dressed in her gear for riding a kiddie car airplane
One in her red polka-dot dress
One of her with a Shirley Temple doll in her arms

#289783 - 12/28/15 11:46 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Washington State
Just for Diana - (one of my favorite candids from Festival of Trees 2015)...

Picture in larger format

My hopes/wishes are along the lines of...

- fairy homes
- buildings with Santa, Mrs. Claus, elves, and/or animals you'd find at the north pole
- a new Halloween ornament by Jake Angell
- a Polar Express ornament that is not a black train engine or "gift of Christmas" bell
- more characters/scenes from children's literature
- vintage style ornaments
- more felt ornaments by Ruth Doniowski
- another "the nutcracker suite" ornament designed by Edythe Kegrize
- another "knit" themed ornament by Terri Steiger but in porcelain again, similar to the 2013 and 2014 ornaments.
- sculpted indoor room or outdoor scenes

Lisa

#289784 - 12/29/15 01:31 AM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Faster Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Ontario
Out of what I buy

Looney Tunes: Something with 1 of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Granny or Michael J Frog
Disney: Sven/Kristoff, Big Hero Six, Men: Eric, Prince Charming, Flynn. Venelopee, Ralph.
Peanuts: A Schroeder ornament, or a good sized Woodstock.
Beauty of Birds: an owl
Zootopia ornament; the sloths
Good ornaments of Starlord, Cap, Falcon, Superman, the Vision.
Star Trek ornaments based on the new set of movies
Poe and Maz Kanata ornaments.

#289785 - 12/29/15 04:43 AM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: Faster]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Faster

lol, I saw that preview with the DMV sloths when I saw "The Good Dinosaur." That was hilarious!

Lisa, I'd love to see a whole slew of children's literature ornaments. I'd also love to see a Nutcracker ballet series of figural ornaments. Not the minis. I have the minis, and they're cute, but I want full size. It's so frustrating that Hallmark has been doing ornaments for over forty years and still hasn't done a Nutcracker ballet series besides the mini one.

Oh, and I know some will disagree, but Hallmark, can you please cool it with Beauty of Birds? Please just do the series piece and the mini for 2016. They had 5 Beauty of Birds this year, all told.

I also forgot one!
Santas from Around the World - Portugal

#289787 - 12/29/15 08:22 AM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Not too much I'm wishing for since we know what the North Pole Tree Trimmer is, and what the Star Wars ornaments are.

Maybe for 2017 the North Pole Tree Trimmer will be an Elf with a tool belt building something. And for Star Wars, they will do a Mace Windu and/or Count Dooko.

But getting back to 2016. I'm hoping for the return of a gumdrop, and Star Wars Lego ornament.

Holiday Lighthouse - Barnegat

A Happy Birthday Jesus cupcake. Either a new design or a rerelease of the one from a few years ago.

Still hoping Hallmark does more open book style ornaments. I agree their needs to be a Cat in the Hat open book ornament. I would look to see some Christmas classics done in open book style. A Christmas Carol, The Night Before Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, etc. And Disney classics as open book style as well. Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Black Cauldron, Fun and Fancy Free, Bambi, etc.

#289798 - 12/29/15 10:55 AM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Faster

lol, I saw that preview with the DMV sloths when I saw "The Good Dinosaur." That was hilarious!

Lisa, I'd love to see a whole slew of children's literature ornaments. I'd also love to see a Nutcracker ballet series of figural ornaments. Not the minis. I have the minis, and they're cute, but I want full size. It's so frustrating that Hallmark has been doing ornaments for over forty years and still hasn't done a Nutcracker ballet series besides the mini one.

Oh, and I know some will disagree, but Hallmark, can you please cool it with Beauty of Birds? Please just do the series piece and the mini for 2016. They had 5 Beauty of Birds this year, all told.

I also forgot one!
Santas from Around the World - Portugal

Ditto on a decent Nutcracker Ballet series.

5 BOB's this year? I only have Event, Limited, Regular, don't collect the mini . . . what is the 5th one? The Premium? IF so, I did get that.

#289805 - 12/29/15 12:52 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

I know some of you prefer the book style ornaments from the pages of children's literature, but I fear too many "books" will result in seeing the shape of the books rather than the characters on the tree.

I really like the Where the Wild Things Are ornaments. They offer a nice mix of both styles...

http://www.hookedonhallmark.com/search.asp?keyword=where+the+wild+things+are

Another consideration is what we sometimes lose with the book style ornaments. Hop On Pop is one example...

The cubs on the 2003 wind up ornament actually hop up and down on Pop. It's a favorite. That's not to say the 2015 ornament isn't nice too - (I purchased it) - it's just that I really enjoy ornaments with sculpted characters or scenes too from the book or movie, ones that feature lighting effects or movement, particularly the ones that are interactive are fun too...

http://www.hookedonhallmark.com/search.asp?keyword=hop+on+pop

So while I'm okay with some ornaments in the book style, I don't want to be overwhelmed by too many. Here's another book style ornament that I really like - (it's beautiful sculpt)...

But I also like the stand alone characters from the Raggedy Ann and Andy collection too...

See the rest of this collection here... http://www.hookedonhallmark.com/search.asp?keyword=raggedy+ann+and+andy

Which brings to mind one more hope/wish, deserving of it's own post...

#289806 - 12/29/15 01:25 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

I think one of the things that keeps drawing me to the vintage Hallmark ornaments is the mix of soft colors and bright colors, not just bright colors. Also the richness of hand sculpted detailing. A wonderful example is the new Marjolein Bastin series sculpted by Julie Forsyth...

Here's another ornament that I keep on my desk - (look at his face, the detailing of his mustache, beard, the wrinkles at the elbow in his coat sleeves, the fur on this coat and hat, the texturing of the bag)...

2012 Countdown to Christmas "Here Comes Santa Claus" by Robert Chad

And here's another favorite Santa ornament, in this case an ornament book, 2014 'Twas the Night Before Christmas by Edythe Kegrize and Robert Hurlburt

Click here for a 360 degree view.

If you click on the link and use the zoom feature, you can see the detailing of his eyes - (eye wrinkles too!) - the soft pink on his nose and cheeks. This is what I LOVE about Hallmark ornaments.

And luckdragon, I'm right there with you on a Nutcracker ballet series. Waiting, waiting, patiently waiting. smile

#289812 - 12/29/15 02:53 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
Originally Posted By: Diana*

Sci-fi wishes:

Close Encounters space ship with lights and sound. Must play the music.

I'd go for this as I bought the Hot Wheels version of Roy Neary's utility truck. I need something to go with it. smile

Originally Posted By: grandma lise

I'm glad you added the link to see the photo in a larger format as I thought that was one odd looking tree, until I saw the larger version and then I "got it".

I really don't have any hopes or wishes. I'll just take what comes ... though at some point we need an Excelsior or Enterprise B from Star Trek; and some flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.

Edited by Qui-gon Grin (12/29/15 04:05 PM)

#289813 - 12/29/15 02:55 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
I agree with Luckdragon about the birds. Why so many birds in a year. We go to signings and if it is every two years and a person does a series like the birds, how are we supposed to get them all signed. A few years ago I went to one of Edith's signing and had all I had signed. Now I am back up there in the double digits.

I would like to spend some money on other ornaments, too. I like the retro look with the bubble lights because it is something different. So instead of running 5 a year or 35 years, do a variety of items. I was glad to see the elves Tracy Larsen is doing. And Terri Steiger does a good variety of things. Ken Crow used to do so many different things and now only a few. Cookie Cutter Christmas is now my favorite. The different things that little mouse can do!

#289816 - 12/29/15 03:47 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

I agree. Too much of anything kills the anticipation and excitement. I'm assuming the 5th bird for 2015 is the Ruby Red Cardinal. It's been another record breaking year for the Beauty of Birds series.

I'm at least able to enjoy the miniature ornaments.

I'm waiting for one of the artists to become a grandparent. Perhaps that would revive interest in ornaments based on The Polar Express, or the Nutcracker ballet. Two wonderful holiday traditions.

Qui-gon Grin, what I love about that candid is the way the woman appears engaged by the peacock. It was an nice tree too. smile

Lisa

#289817 - 12/29/15 04:35 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, I meant the Ruby Red Cardinal. Another part of the reason I want the American Robin is that the male is identical to a female. Really though, they're so common in North America that they need an ornament.

While we're on the subject of books. I wish they would do Little House on the Prairie. They did Anne of Green Gables (still don't get why they were Canadian only since many Americans love those books). We need Laura Ingalls, okay? I'd love to see one based on the book illustrations, but the TV show could definitely have an ornament too.

My family would not be upset if they did an Andy Taylor ornament to go along with Barney Fife. We'll also take Gomer, Goober, Opie, Aunt Bee, Otis, Floyd, Helen, Thelma Lou, Ernest T...

#289818 - 12/29/15 04:44 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I wonder IF for Premium ornaments in 2016 they'll do a Black-Capped Chickadee?

#289819 - 12/29/15 04:47 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Deana, that's an interesting question... smile

Lisa

#289823 - 12/29/15 06:18 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
gigl2 Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Central Illinois
I would like Mary Poppins ornaments! (I know that's dating me, but lots of people like retro!) I also like the book ornaments that appear to have characters coming right out of the book, some of the Disney classics would be nice, such as Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty…I also would like to see the return of Hershey ornaments. And I love vintage toy ornaments, how about Play-Doh, Lincoln Logs for example.

#289824 - 12/29/15 06:32 PM Re: 2016 Hopes/Wishes [Re: grandma lise]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: grandma lise
Deana, that's an interesting question... smile

Lisa

Watching Hallmark from year to year for over 25 years now (YIKES) . . . I'm almost willing to bet good money on it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Moderator