YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (AshleyC), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26240 Topics
324382 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#291621 - 01/21/16 07:01 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
grahamcracker72 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Michigan
That's a bunch of ****!!

#291622 - 01/21/16 07:03 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
grahamcracker72 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Michigan
I won't be buying anymore...anybody need the first 5?

#291623 - 01/21/16 07:18 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Lillame Offline
Elf in Training

I am really disappointed. This is the one I have been waiting for and I have been checking before work everyday. It was not even 6am and it is sold out.

I sincerely hope there was a purchase restriction, it's hard fighting against ebayers.

#291627 - 01/21/16 09:45 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
mtwnmk Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

I suggest calling 1-866-902-2798 as I did and expressing one's disappointment/frustration.
I found out that updates are made at Midnight Pacific Time. I also mentioned that previous releases in the series were issued on Mondays. The woman retorted that there is a disclaimer that they are not bound to any release date pattern.
I explained to the representative that for those of us on the East Coast that would necessitate getting up everyday at an hour that would conflict with our need for sleep if we are gainfully employed.
I asked about the possibility of an additional run of 1 per customer for those who have ordered previous ornaments from the collection. She took my name, phone number and e-mail address and assured me that someone higher up will contact me in 1 or 2 business days.
If many people call, perhaps they might consider a higher production run of more popular characters, lessening the chance of faithful supporters missing out.

#291628 - 01/21/16 09:49 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
oh wow - I won't be buying one at that price either. I can't believe they released it mid-week when all of the others have been released on a Monday. And this was one of the ones I was really hoping to be able to purchase.

Angela

#291629 - 01/21/16 09:53 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

I tried calling the number listed above, but only got a recording asking me to leave my name and number. I will try again later. This is very disappointing.

#291635 - 01/21/16 10:37 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
What? Geez. So wrong. I'm hoping it's a glitch with their inventory and more will be available later.

#291641 - 01/21/16 11:25 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

It just came up with an Add to Bag link, but when I tried to add it to my bag, it said it was sold out. I wonder if there is a technical glitch somewhere.

#291642 - 01/21/16 11:34 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

oh for crying out loud - I had 2 in my cart and was ready to check out and they said they only had one left and then they made me go out of the cart and edit it again and then I lost the other one. This is a very difficult way to get an ornament

Has anyone else been lucky enough to get one of these?

#291645 - 01/21/16 12:07 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

I did speak to someone at Disney and they are saying that they are sold out even though the button to Add to Bag is still there. I had this ornament in my cart 3 times and before I could enter my cc info, it was yanked out saying - sorry, this is now sold out. Argh.

#291647 - 01/21/16 12:13 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

wow - I finally was able to order one. I will keep trying to get another one in case one of you aren't able to get one and still want it. Please let me know if you want one.

Angela

#291653 - 01/21/16 01:05 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Wow !!! I missed the boat on that one. This is the first chance I've had to log in and it sold out.

#291656 - 01/21/16 01:10 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Angela, if you are able to get an extra I'd like one. Will keep trying, too.

#291658 - 01/21/16 01:14 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

It is now showing sold out again - but I will keep trying. I think there is a glitch somewhere. Diana, if I am able to get an extra one, it's yours.

And I am still waiting for Disney to send me an email telling me that the order can't go thru because they really don't have one available for my order. :-)

#291664 - 01/21/16 02:32 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks, Angela.

#291666 - 01/21/16 02:59 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: Marilyn K]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
This is so wrong. This is what 17 Monday's between the two series and they DO THIS?

I won't pay eBay prices either. I'll do without first.

#291669 - 01/21/16 03:21 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I did a "chat" with a cast member. Waste of time.

Even Olaf didn't sell out in one day, I don't think. Several in this series have lasted several days.

Very odd.

And upsetting to keep up with two series so far for this and I even checked Tuesday with Monday being a holiday.

#291672 - 01/21/16 03:36 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Cast member chatting didn't help me either. They said they don't announce dates ahead, that they update every night at midnight PST. I pointed out that they do because the limited edition dolls always give release dates on the website and that the UK site gives releases for the ornaments. She just said the UK site was run differently (completely ignoring the comment about the doll release dates). Thanks, Trina.

I don't understand how they could screw this up so badly. I checked every day, including yesterday before I went offline for the day. Nada.

I'm happy for those that got them. Ticked off at the ebay seller who sold two of them for $94.95. I wish those two had gone to two of us who actually collect them instead of a greedy hog who spent all night on the websites buying limited pieces to sell. Boy, I kind of hope their order gets cancelled, the items get lost in the mail, or they come damaged. I know that's mean, but this person only bought them to sell them. If it was where they were selling one, I wouldn't complain (as much), but they sold two. They had no interest in the piece except to pad their wallet.

Disgusting. I don't understand why the dolls get release dates and these don't. What is the big deal of putting up a release date? Yeah, it's more likely resellers will buy them, but at least we won't get screwed like we are today.

#291678 - 01/21/16 04:30 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

And how would the eBay seller know so fast to put them up for 94.95?

This is all just so weird.

Most of the others go for well below 50.00. There might be a few higher but nobody is buying.

Very strange turn of events. It is like Disney put in 10 in the inventory field for these or 100 . . . instead of 1000.

Weird.

#291681 - 01/21/16 04:40 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
And how would the eBay seller know so fast to put them up for 94.95?

No idea. All I can figure is that some people see that they're the first to list on ebay and tend to put up a ridiculous high price. And it was the only listing for them on ebay. No other seller had them, which is odd. And, no offense if anyone here bought them, but I want to shake the two people that did. It rewards the scalper behavior and will make other scalpers who check "sold" listings choose to list for high prices. Making it even harder for others to buy them on the secondary market if in the very unlikely event that these sold out. I wouldn't mind buying from ebay for a reasonable price. $94.95 is certainly not a reasonable price.

I'm crossing my fingers that Monday is the real release date and somebody put it up by mistake on Thursday. I was kind of hoping for an Art of Snow White limited edition ornament set releasing that Monday to go with it. I thought, maybe that's why they didn't release it on Monday the 19th. I don't like the Cast Members skirting evidence. I'd rather them write, "I really don't know how they choose to put these up." That would be more appreciative than a canned answer.

I'm going to be livid if this happens again next month. I always thought Disney was a good company and knew what they were doing and had excellent customer service. The customer service received through the "chat" feature and through email (reply was "the item you are inquiring about has sold out, person didn't even address my questions. Duh, it's sold out. That wasn't what I asked). It's like contacting Hallmark's customer service. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. Not only by the bad way this ornament was handled. I'm more ticked off at the horrible customer service. I just want an acknowledgement of "yes, this release was handled badly on our part." Instead of "we update the site at midnight PST, and cannot help if something sells out."

There is absolutely no way that Dopey and Sneezy sold out in under six hours while Olaf lasted for at least twice that. BULL! No offense to Dopey and Sneezy fans, but come on! Walt Disney's ornaments didn't even sell out like that.

Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  Moderator