YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26240 Topics
324382 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#292339 - 01/31/16 04:14 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
And here's the proof that they do do release dates (even though the Cast Member I chatted with ignored when I pointed that out):
http://www.disneystore.com/disney-fairytale-designer-collection/mn/1021602/

Click on Release Dates. This was from last fall.

So, if they can figure it out for dolls and pins...

I'd definitely do the subscription if it was available.

#292340 - 01/31/16 04:46 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: carstairs38
Why why why did you have to point out the pin subscription? Now I must resist signing up for that. (Although at $40 a month, that's actually not that hard to resist.

But it includes *FREE* shipping.

Sorry, Mark.

#292358 - 02/01/16 07:49 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Friday was the best shopping time this year! Since I'm a Charter Gold Member of the Disney D23 Club, we bought tix to be the first group to see the opening of Walt's Office at the Disney Studios in Burbank!! It's been years in the remaking, collecting all the various pieces that had been on displays at Disneyland, WDW, NYC, the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, etc. it was an amazing presentation and it got me a little teary, since the last time I'd seen most of the things was at Disneyland ages ago (before the RPL mini-office display. We got to see ALL of his offices, not just the personal office that had things shown on TV and the RPL. Everything that could come back DID come back. Other things that had deteriorated due to age were replaced by vintage replicas. The piano played by Richard Sherman is back and they had him come in to see and play it, once everything was ready to be seen! He and many others who worked with Walt have come in and said it feels like he's still there and just on a break or something. After all their dry cleaning, redeoderizing, repainting, etc., it was amazing to notice how much the place still reeked of cigarette smoke! There were sooo many ashtrays in all of the rooms, it was surprising, but then, that was "en Vogue" back then! All in all, it was an incredible experience for all of us!

After the tours, we got to shop at the Studios Store for Cast Members and I made a great couple of finds! Several each of 2 of the Sketchbook orns - Fantasia 2000 Rhapsody in Blue and the only one I really wanted, The CHESHIRE CAT!! In all our other stops there previously, they hadn't had of that group, so this was exciting for me!

The other finds were the D23 Expo-Exclusive, Limited Edition set of 3 Frozen orns and an amazing Frozen playset with 30 or so pieces for only $29.99! We got all these things for their sale price plus our D23 discount, Disney Visa discount and a discount for spending over $60.00!

After shopping, we all drove to the Tam O' Shanter Restaurant in Los Feliz, since that was where Walt and his staff ate over the years. They even have a gold plaque on the table that was Walt's Table and there are sketches some of the Disney artists did for the Tam owner. We've eaten there many times before knowing about the "Disney Connection", so I was surprised when they asked the group how many were there for the first time and at least 1/2 of the group raised their hands! It was a good dinner, with great time spent with our club friends.

At the end of the dinner, they gave each of us a special B&W photo of Walt in his office that was taken from the Disney Archives, made for us and presented in a special silver-matted frame! A great end to an amazing event!!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#292385 - 02/01/16 10:07 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
My Dopey and Sleepy arrived today! And it's in great shape.

#292880 - 02/11/16 06:08 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Cross your fingers that the Robin Hood ornament comes out Monday because they have a Friends & Family sale going on for 25% off. After the fiasco that was Dopey/Sneezy, I think it would be a nice treat if Robin Hood did debut on this upcoming Monday.

I'm assuming that Friends & Family is right now due to President's Day.

#292888 - 02/11/16 11:05 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I would definitely like that as well. :-)

Angela

#292907 - 02/11/16 11:56 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Monday is a holiday, but it's the third Monday of the month, when they traditionally release them. I'll be interested to see what they do.

#292924 - 02/12/16 01:16 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
Wasn't the third Monday in January a holiday as well? And they didn't release on the Monday, but waited until the following Thursday, I believe. I wonder if they will do the same thing this month.

Angela

#292926 - 02/12/16 01:41 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: tiggerfan]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Angela, I think so. I thought the same thing this a.m. but after last month didn't want to go there. haha

#292928 - 02/12/16 04:06 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm hoping what happened with Dopey/Sneezy wasn't due to the holiday but not having the product. Then, they were able to find some of the product on that Thursday (or Wednesday before) so released it that day instead.

Usually, they upload new stuff on Monday except for whatever day they do Tsum Tsums. Tuesdays? Thursdays? Not sure. I don't collect them, so I only am vaguely aware when I see the banner changes on my daily Disney Store checks.

#293005 - 02/15/16 02:02 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
grahamcracker72 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Michigan
Must be next week...

#293006 - 02/15/16 02:43 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Dang nabbit!

#293007 - 02/15/16 04:49 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

It's a bad omen because they did add things to the website. They added some Disney Parks ornaments (Simba, Ursula, 101 Dalmatians, etc). They added some Diamond Celebration stuff, a new T-shirt, some Jungle Book plush. Just not this ornament. So, it wasn't because it's Presidents Day.

I really hope they weren't stupid again and shipped Robin Hood off to the outlet stores. I think we'll all be livid.

Why can't this site be like the UK site and give a release date and actually put the product up on that day? Grr!

I really don't like waking up early in the morning everyday, hoping that they'll put it up. Some of us have jobs that start in the morning, so we don't like losing sleep for nothing. I liked the old way of it being up on the third Monday. I also don't like getting cheated out of the Friends & Family discount. It also snowed here, and my power and Wi-Fi are on, but will they be on for the rest of the week? No guarantees. It would have been nice to buy it today while everything is still working.

Way to ruin the magic, Disney.

#293008 - 02/15/16 06:00 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm really tempted by that Ursula, especially with the % off and free shipping.

I sent them an email from their customer service link. Not holding my breath I'll get anything close to accurate information, only just a canned response. I asked if they are selling their online exclusive online this month, or if it will be sold at the outlet stores again. LOL. I mentioned that excluding last month, the majority of the others were sold on the third Monday, and asked if next month they would be returning to that release schedule. Maybe if enough of us bug them they'll get the point?

#293013 - 02/15/16 09:14 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

And I actually remembered to come look this morning, too, something I can't always guarantee.

#293018 - 02/15/16 03:20 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
The new Disney Parks ornaments are all $19.95. Seems a little high for Sketchbook like ornaments.

#293030 - 02/15/16 04:57 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: JerseyVike]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
The new Disney Parks ornaments are all $19.95. Seems a little high for Sketchbook like ornaments.

Yeah, that's the price of them in the Parks. I've seen a few on ebay with that price tag.

It would have been nice to see Mr. Toad, I would have ordered him for sure. I would have ordered the Baloo and Mowgli one. I don't get why that wasn't one of them since, "The Jungle Book" live action is getting lots of stuff on the site. I do have some recent Parks ornaments, none of which they're offering (Elliott from "Pete's Dragon" and Sven from "Frozen"). Elliott might be more than $19.95 in the Parks, but if he is $19.95, trust me, he is well worth that price. Excellent Disney ornament! Still, it's nice to see Parks ornaments that aren't ear hats or shoes. I just don't like the ear hats or the shoes. They're okay, but I prefer my figurals.

Decided to go ahead and pre-order "The Good Dinosaur" (sadly doesn't give you 25% off, but you do get the free shipping), and they have series 3 for the figural keyring blind bags! So, I had to get some of those. I'm addicted to the keyrings. Anyone else buy them?
This is series 3:
http://www.disneystore.com/disney-figural-keyring-series-3/mp/1397227/1029706/
I have some from series 1, 2, 4, and 5, so I needed some series 3. If it weren't for the free shipping, I wouldn't get them.

I might turn them into ornaments someday. They're so cute and addicting (a bit pricey, that's why I wait for Hot Topic to have a sale, or in this case, the Disney Store to have a sale)! I have: Aurora, Tinker Bell, Belle (in ball gown), Winnie the Pooh (fav), Jack Skellington, Evil Queen, Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Mad Hatter (second fav), Baymax, Chip (from "Beauty and the Beast"), Crush, Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, Scrump (Lilo's doll), Dory, and Hot Topic exclusive Santa Jack Skellington.

#293035 - 02/15/16 08:20 PM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I ordered the Ursula. Thanks for the heads up on that one. Along with a few other things. Tower of Terror Clue for Family Game Night on Christmas Eve. We always have to have a new game for Christmas Eve to play.

2015 was Disney Scrabble. We only played once. Sarah came in LAST so she wasn't gung-ho on playing again over the holidays.

#293037 - 02/16/16 12:14 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Did anybody call an outlet store today?

#293038 - 02/16/16 02:42 AM Re: Presenting the Art of Disney Animation Sketchbook series! [Re: luckdragon]
Marilyn K Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
February ornament is online.

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." --Charles Dickens

Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  Moderator