YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (snowangel, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1532 Members
15 Forums
26198 Topics
323861 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#2938 - 05/12/02 07:46 PM Buying from Hallmark.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

This must be something new this year? or has it been around before. Anyone buy from them and how does it work? I guess it's easier to order from them and have the ornaments set to your door step then fight the crowds and search all over for ornament sell outs.

#2939 - 05/12/02 09:38 PM Re: Buying from Hallmark.com
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
I believe they've had product available from the website for the last couple of years. I remember the first year you could buy ornaments at hallmark.com for 50% after Christmas surprised me because it seemed to make it harder for retailers to get rid of their leftover stock if they had to compete with hallmark.com. But it IS very convenient. I bought from the website after Christmas when I couldn't find ornaments from my local stores - you could click on the ones you want, enter your information, including your GC number so you can get points, and they ship it right out. The only drawbacks are sometimes the items aren't packaged very well or the website will show items "temporarily out of stock" but they never come in. In general though, I've had a pretty good experience with their online ordering.

------------------
Princess, having experience with princes, seeks frog.

#2940 - 05/13/02 10:19 AM Re: Buying from Hallmark.com
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
I think Hallmark started selling ornaments on line after they took a poll.

Some people do not have a Hallmark Store close to them. I think some have to drive 25 or more just to visit a Store. This way, they can order their ornaments without the long drive.

#2941 - 05/13/02 10:37 AM Re: Buying from Hallmark.com
Richard Gehrke Offline

Loc: Mahtowa, MN
I think the same way as what Carol and Mary think about this subject.

I am one of those who have to drive a good distance (There is a local hallmark about 12.5minutes away from me;however, they don't get a lot of stuff in at times.). So to go to a good hallmark, I have to drive about 30 minutes or so. So in this aspect I can appreciate hallmark.com

However, I also believe in supporting the local hallmarks that I do shop at. I have seen three of my hallmarks in particular have large surpluses of ornaments after Christmas the last couple of years. This is good for me on the one hand since they have to discount these ornaments pretty heavily, but is bad for the retailer itself. In that aspect, I don't like the 1/2 off ornaments after Christmas on hallmark.com. So I only purchase those ornaments on the web site that are sold out here.

Moderator:  Moderator