YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (AshleyC), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26240 Topics
324382 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#29591 - 05/10/02 10:39 AM SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Barbara Harris Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Miami County, Kansas, USA
I was so sad to read about Sue Duello. She had such a great personality! I always got such a kick out of her dry sense of humor, and love of life. It won't be the same without her.

Smile down on us, Sue!

#29592 - 05/10/02 10:54 AM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
CorvetteElaine Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Ohio
Sue was such a wonderful lady. The chats were always so much fun when "Wabbit" would show up. She always made me laugh! At Jubilee in "Kansas" she called my room late one night demanding I return a beanie baby she said she accidently gave me! I had NO clue what she was talking about! Here, it was the other Elaine!! We laughed SO hard the next day about that!!
Bye bye bye Chat Girl!
Elaine

------------------

#29593 - 05/10/02 10:59 AM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
BluOrchid2 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Lee's Summit, MO

We love you, Sue. It will be wonderful to see you again someday.

In this picture from KC Jubilee, Sue is on the far right in the back, with short dark hair.

#29594 - 05/10/02 11:08 AM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the pleasure of meeting Sue during the KC Convention a few years back. Knowing I had a soft spot for candy, she even brought me some Salt Water Taffy and some great candy bars from Tenn.

She would always give me a call on the phone to chat about Hallmark, her ornaments and her kids.

You will be missed Sue!!

------------------
Jeff
Roadrunner Hallmark
www.theroadrunner.com

#29595 - 05/10/02 12:17 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Dee Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Raytown, MO USA
The icon is in celebration of Sue.

Lora, thanks for posting the picture!

Elaine, I had forgotten all about that! Thanks for the grin.

Sue will always be remembered as fun and giving. I will miss her, but feel privileged to have had the chance to meet and know her. I hope I will always remember to carry on that ray of sunshine she gave me.

#29596 - 05/10/02 12:29 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
sueinBC Offline
Elf VP

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Sue in person but was fortunate to chat with her many times, her humour and upbeat attitude were infectious.

We'll miss you, Sue!

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly."
-G.K. Chesterton

#29597 - 05/10/02 02:08 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Mark Offline
YuleLoggers Club Board Moderator
Santa's Helper

Loc: The City of Decatur, Georgia
First the tragic news about Terri's father, and now this sad news about our friend, Sue Duello.

I had the pleasure of meeting Sue at a show here in Atlanta, where I had set up a table to sell or trade a few things. She had a great personality, and was the consummate collector, a real pistol!

I remember her asking me if I had the 1998 Spring ornament, "Victorian Cross". I thought I might have had one, so while I was crawling around on the floor, scrambling through boxes to find it, she said, "I'll be back! I'm got shopping to do!".

We love you, Sue, and you will always be with us - in our minds, hearts, and prayers, especially at Christmastime. And thank you, Lora and Cathy, for the wonderful pictures.

P.S. If anyone wants to send cards or flowers to Sue Duello's family, please email me.

[This message has been edited by Mark (edited 05-13-2002).]

#29598 - 05/10/02 06:41 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
FordCountryLinda Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Michigan
This was such sad news. Lora, it was so nice of you to share a picture of Sue at a happy time.

Let's all keep Sue's family in our prayers as they deal with their loss.

#29599 - 05/10/02 09:10 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is so terribly sad to hear. I never met Sue in person, but I felt as though I knew her well. She was so much fun to talk with at chat, Sue always had a good story or joke to share. She made me feel proud to speak my mind, and she truly encouraged it! She once told me she admired my straight forwardness, it's something we both had in common... she told me I had ba**s, and I will always think of her when it comes to standing up for myself. I will miss her.

My condolences got out to her family and friends.

#29600 - 05/10/02 10:26 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
I have not met Sue personally, nor have I been on the Chat.

The only way I knew Sue, was from her posts on the Board. I will miss them.

#29601 - 05/11/02 12:23 AM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't know Sue's name, but I remember her from roomhopping at the conventions. Really a nice person.

#29602 - 05/11/02 09:17 AM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Cathy_Tex Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Houston TX
I posted this message on the clubmembers' forum, but I thought I'd share it also with everyone else...

Sue was definitely one of a kind and a wonderful person to call your friend. I'll miss her Instant Messages... she always seemed to be awake and online late at night, the same as I was. She'd always say Hi and ask how things were going. I know her Bridge playing friends will miss her too! I thought I'd share the picture below, taken at one of the happiest times in her life. She's even wearing the dress we "helped" her find!

------------------
Cathy Metcalf - Houston, Texas
Friends are the BEST collectibles!
Visit my home on the web!

#29603 - 05/11/02 10:16 AM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
cnichols Offline
Elf VP

Loc: LP, TX ... USA
I haven't been to chat in quite some time; however, I agree with the others. Sue will be greatly missed. My prayers and thoughts are with her family.

Cindy

#29604 - 05/11/02 12:01 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Lil Ms Muff Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: TN
Sue will be missed terribly by all of those who knew her - I have had the opportunity to meet with her at several events - A lovely lady who had an enormous amount of energy and friends. Shine down on us, Sue. Prayers to her family and friends that are left behind give them strength and comfort to know that she is not in any more pain.

#29605 - 05/11/02 01:55 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am so sorry to hear about Sue. She always had a smile on her face and I am glad to have called her a friend.
She will be deeply missed.

Doye

#29606 - 05/11/02 06:46 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sue was a loving, caring, generous person who will be very sorely missed. My deepest regret is never having met her.

My deepest sympathies to her Husband and children. May God be with them at this time.

Sorry, this is CaroleY, I didn't realize that Alan had been the last one on and it won't let me remove to post under my own name.

------------------

[This message has been edited by AlanY (edited 05-11-2002).]

#29607 - 05/11/02 09:25 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't believe it! It has been so long since I have been to chat, but I prayed and thought that she was beating the illness. Everytime I saw a rabbit I thought of her.

I remember her so vividly when we were at chat.

I am so sad to hear this. My condolences to her family and to everyone here who thought of her as family.

God's speed RAAAABBBBBITTTTT!
Maria

#29608 - 05/12/02 09:25 PM Re: SueinTenn--She Will Be Missed...
violet Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Punta Gorda, Fl
I am so sorry to hear the news about Sue. My thought and prays are with her husband and family. Will miss seeing her post on the board. Cathy-Tx, thank you for posting such a great picture!!

Moderator:  Moderator