YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26131 Topics
322908 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#297055 - 06/26/16 03:45 PM 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert***
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Loc: Texas
I ran across something posted on the Radio Disney Club page, a French site that has previews of upcoming merchandise. I follow them for their info on upcoming Disney dolls and they are right on the money with their information nine and a half out of ten times. It was an article detailing ornaments already for sale in Paris and what to expect in the US Disney store as far as ornaments this year. I used google chrome to translate the page.

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/decorations-noel-france-2016/

#297057 - 06/26/16 04:21 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Elliot and lighthouse? Will that be the real Pete's Dragon or the remake? (Yeah, I'm not keep as much of an open mind as I'd like for the remake.)

Thanks for sharing.

#297061 - 06/26/16 04:50 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Here's a breakdown of the list, translated into English:

Princess ornaments (same sculpts as last year but different embellishments on the skirts since these are pictured)

Spiderman
Captain America
Black Widow
Black Panther
Hulk
Mickey & Minnie
Chip n Dale
Pooh
Alice and the Cheshire Cat (repeat if it's the one pictured)
Tinker Bell on mirror (repeat if it's the one pictured)
Tinker Bell with maybe a spool of thread? (translator says sewing and coil)
Dopey
Rafiki in meditation
Kion (Lion Guard)
Doc McStuffins
Sofia the First
Mickey balloon (again? seriously?)
Stitch (glows in the dark)
Scrooge (maybe Mickey's Christmas Carol?)
Jack Skellington (best guess as to who Mr. Jack is)
Goofy in a sports short (translator calls it Roman sports)
Mowgli and Kaa
Buzz and Woody strapped to a rocket (I'm thinking it's the scene in Toy Story before the famous flying pose)
Si & Am
Elliott from Pete's Dragon
Bambi & Thumper (Baby's First Christmas)
Edna Mode
Up (French=La Haut)
Peter Pan with Wendy on Big Ben
Vanessa looking back at Ursula's reflection
Esmeralda
Robin Hood & Maid Marian marrying
Basil and Dawson
Dory in a coffee maker
Olaf and the Snowgies

Globe ornaments:
Winnie the Pooh (it's a repeat if it's the one pictured)
Pluto
Dory
Gus with Jaq

Light up ornaments:
Lightning McQueen
Stitch
Mickey as Sorcerer's Apprentice
Beauty and the Beast enchanted rose

Singing ornaments:
Rapunzel with guitar
Ariel
Anna and Elsa as children, one on each side of a door (Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?)
Belle at the fountain with sheep (Belle)

Sets:
Toy Story
Steamboat Willie
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

I am definitely excited about several of these! The potential to get that Enchanted Rose ornament from several years ago is enough to make me happy, but I love the idea of Belle at the fountain! Also want Basil and Dawson, Robin Hood & Maid Marian, Vanessa, Mowgli & Kaa, Scrooge, Esmeralda, Up, and I'm crossing my fingers that Si & Am is the one with the fish bowl. Every time it's been on ebay, it's cost over $110. Maybe Elliott. I have the Parks one, and I love that one. Sets are a maybe. Depends on how they look and if they're limited.

Thank you for finding the list! I love the Sketchbook series so much! They do such a good job picking characters you don't see as much as well as other characters that are crowd-pleasers.

Now, we just need none of these to be European exclusives. Unless they want to make the Mickey balloon an exclusive. wink

#297062 - 06/26/16 05:24 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I am very excited to see this list. It will give us a lot to look forward to when they finally show up on the website for purchase.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very expensive Disney Store year for my purchases~!

It seems, just a wild guess on my part, but if the person that had access to this info . . . would have had access to info about the possibility of an upcoming new monthly series too. Although I admit I am worn out by the monthly series and 3rd Monday of the month and many times no order over 75.00 and shipping every month. I for one would welcome a break and to just have a FANTASTIC 2016 Christmas Season offering this time around. Plus we'll be going to Disney in December so I must save for that too . . . hopefully it will be early enough in the month for stock to be plentiful in both MK and Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) Christmas Stores.

#297068 - 06/26/16 11:46 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Thanks for the info.

I really hope it is true about the Enchanted Rose! If this list is right, I'm going to be pretty poor.

I'd like some of the Disney Paris ornaments as well. The Fox and Hound was really nifty.

#297069 - 06/27/16 05:05 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Ooh! Today the Disney Store website added a lot more Disney Parks ornaments. Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, one of the army men from "Toy Story," etc. They also added the Parks trash can ornaments. I'm curious why they bothered making those. Make more character ornaments, not ornaments of trash cans or coffee containers (have you seen those on ebay? Leaves me scratching my head).

Exciting, but I got my hopes up when it returned 136 results for ornament (yesterday, it returned around 96). Kind of was hoping the Sketchbooks would be on there. Oh well, at least I have good Disney Parks fodder for free Parks shipping days.

"Beauty and the Beast" 25th anniversary Blu-ray is up for pre-order! I'll wait for a free shipping promo. But, I'm excited!

#297070 - 06/27/16 08:20 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I like the Toy Story Green Army man and the Peter Pan.

#297079 - 06/27/16 10:32 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow that is a lot of Trash Can ornaments and at 19.95 a pop would add up quickly. I'll definitely pass on those.

While the kids, when they were really young, got a kick out of the first time running into the talking trashcan in Tomorrowland . . . I don't need a whole collection of them.

Peter Pan looks like a repeat as does Belle & Beast.

#297081 - 06/27/16 07:53 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I kind of like the trashcans. They are rather iconic for designating what land you are in. But I don't like them at $19.95 a pop. Probably not even at $10 a pop.

#297082 - 06/27/16 09:09 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Yeah, I would absolutely love to have the trashcan ornaments...at $5 each. So I'll be passing.

As much as I love the Disney Store ornaments, they are getting very pricey.

#297086 - 06/28/16 06:07 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: carstairs38
As much as I love the Disney Store ornaments, they are getting very pricey.

The Parks ones definitely are too high. The light up Lumiere ornament is only $2 cheaper than Hallmark's 25th anniversary Beauty and the Beast ornament, and Hallmark's sculpt is better, the material is better, and it plays music. Hallmark's Lumiere is cheaper and cuter too. I'm kind of disturbed that the Disney Parks ornaments are resin with metal rods in them (at least if they have separate legs). I bought the Sven ornament last year from ebay, and the seller sent it in an envelope. All four legs cracked, two of the four also chipped, showing metal rods. My Mr. Toad ornament arrived with both feet bent up, cracking, and exposing metal rods. They're supposed to be sending me a replacement.

Disney Store Sketchbook ornaments are a much more reasonable price at $12.95 each or $10 each for two or more. Unless they go up this year, which I hope they don't.

But, I like when Parks stuff is on sale for 25% off with free shipping. I'd like to have the army man. He's great for a Disney tree and a toy tree.

Today through Wednesday, you get free shipping with new arrivals. I went ahead and pre-ordered "Beauty and the Beast." It counts for the free shipping. The lithographs look nice, it's the 25th anniversary for my favorite Disney movie, I only have the DVD for it (I'm not going to replace every movie with Blu-ray), and the $10 off $40 will be nice for that time of year with the Sketchbook ornaments being out by then. wink

#297087 - 06/28/16 07:55 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

The Lady and the Tramp monthly sketchbook ornament is in the new arrivals free shipping offer. There are a some parks ornaments also, like Mr. Toad, Ariel, Captain Hook, Diamond Mickey or Minnie. Enter Code: SHIPNEW Now that I can get Lady and the Tramp with free shipping, without having to get a load of stuff to hit the $75 free shipping offer, I think I'll order this monthly sketchbook ornament. Glad I waited.

I agree with Marc on the prices on the parks ornaments. I prefer the Sketchbook price range.

#297090 - 06/28/16 08:20 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Interest list of ornaments. I don't think its the complete list, as there is no Star Wars ornaments. Also wonder if some will only be available in Europe, i.e. Sword and the Stone from a couple years ago.

#297091 - 06/28/16 08:21 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: Diana*]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks for the SHIPNEW code.

I ordered the Lady & the Tramp ornament along with the Green Army man ornament using the code.

#297092 - 06/28/16 02:44 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Oh yes, I agree - this should be a great year for ornaments.

Angela

#297093 - 06/28/16 04:20 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: JerseyVike]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
Interest list of ornaments. I don't think its the complete list, as there is no Star Wars ornaments. Also wonder if some will only be available in Europe, i.e. Sword and the Stone from a couple years ago.

I hope there aren't any exclusives for Europe. "The Sword in the Stone" being an exclusive there still stings.

I thought it was weird seeing no "Zootopia" ornaments, but then, I remembered, they never did a Sketchbook ornament for "Wreck-It Ralph."

I feel fairly certain they'll do something for "Moana" released closer to when the movie hits theaters.

But, the Disney Store US site offers more ornaments than the European Disney Store, so there may be more than listed.

#297114 - 06/30/16 12:10 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Ooh! Today the Disney Store website added a lot more Disney Parks ornaments. Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, one of the army men from "Toy Story," etc. They also added the Parks trash can ornaments. I'm curious why they bothered making those. Make more character ornaments, not ornaments of trash cans or coffee containers (have you seen those on ebay? Leaves me scratching my head).

Exciting, but I got my hopes up when it returned 136 results for ornament (yesterday, it returned around 96). Kind of was hoping the Sketchbooks would be on there. Oh well, at least I have good Disney Parks fodder for free Parks shipping days.

"Beauty and the Beast" 25th anniversary Blu-ray is up for pre-order! I'll wait for a free shipping promo. But, I'm excited!

I pre-ordered B&B blu-ray.

I'm hoping and wishing for an Art of Belle limited & boxed Sketchbook Set this year!!!

Crossing fingers~!

#297115 - 06/30/16 05:23 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I'd love, love, love an Art of Belle set!

I think there is a high possibility. Checking this French website, they have a page talking about the Art of Belle collection, following Art of Jasmine in 2015, Art of Aurora in 2014, and Art of Ariel in 2013 (guess Ariel didn't get an ornament set).

Between this and Amazon highlighting all the cool books for the 30th anniversary of "Labyrinth," I'll be broke. wink Amazon's recommendations are a very dangerous thing...

#297116 - 06/30/16 07:19 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

CHECK the page again! There are pictures!!!! laugh laugh laugh

Love the Mowgli with Kaa!

The pictures include:
Mickey balloon, Alice with the Cheshire Cat in a tree (repeat from...2014 I think), Tinker Bell on the mirror (repeat from 2015), Mickey holding a stack of presents, flat Mickey shaped ornament with Mickey's picture in the center (think DMR ornaments but without the spinning), flat Minnie shaped ornament with Minnie's picture in the center, Minnie with a snowman, Chip with Dale on his shoulders both wearing scarves (Chip's wearing earmuffs & Dale's wearing a Santa hat), Hulk, Captain America's shield, Kion crouched on a rock (looks flocked), Mowgli wrapped up in Kaa while being hypnotized, Dopey holding some gems, Pooh stuck in Rabbit's house, Bambi/Thumper Baby's First Christmas, Tinker Bell (think Hallmark 2013 Tink Takes a Tumble), and Olaf holding the Snowgies, Stitch wrapped in Christmas lights (lights up), Enchanted Rose, Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey (repeat 2015), Pluto in a glass globe with a wreath around his neck, Pooh/Piglet in a glass globe (repeat 2015), as well as the princesses.

Worth it to see Mowgli & Kaa.

The Enchanted Rose is like the 2007 one, but it looks like more petals are on the bottom, and the base is shaped differently.

#297127 - 07/01/16 09:46 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, the Mowgli with Kaa ornament looks nice !!!

I like a few of what they have pics of. Wonder what the Black Widow & Black Panther will look like.

#297513 - 07/11/16 03:38 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

This is not a drill! A good handful of the ornaments are on the website! They are appearing as the ones that can be personalized for $16.95 so I won't be buying any of these now but the designs are beautiful! And there is Quasimodo and Esmerelda!

#297514 - 07/11/16 04:01 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm going to start another topic!

Very excited about these designs. Not big on personalizing, but this means we'll see "normal" versions of these soon.

#297696 - 07/16/16 01:27 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

A friend on a different forum played around with the Disney Store codes and was able to find pictures of many of these upcoming ornaments! I can try to post them if there is interest? 😀

#297698 - 07/16/16 01:41 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

YES. Please do DDCakes~! Thanks in advance~!

#297701 - 07/16/16 04:55 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: DDCakes
A friend on a different forum played around with the Disney Store codes and was able to find pictures of many of these upcoming ornaments! I can try to post them if there is interest? 😀

Oh! They finally did an upload! Great, I'll have to go play around with the codes too. One year, I found all of them. I love that the Disney Store never takes an image down. I was trying to figure out what day they do their uploading. They used to upload all of the Sketchbook ornament images the same day and just release their pages a few a week.

But, definitely post them. laugh

#297704 - 07/16/16 06:41 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They actually updated the Radio France page with lots of pictures!

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/decorations-noel-france-2016/

I need the Ariel frilly princess (since she's actually a mermaid and not in a gown and I've been trying to buy at least one of these a year), Mowgli/Kaa, Vanessa/Ursula, Buzz/Woody on RC, Basil/Dawson, Robin Hood/Maid Marian, Up house, Enchanted Rose, Anna/Elsa musical, and Belle musical. Rapunzel and Ariel musicals are a maybe. The Gus/Jaq is a maybe too. I have the Ursula ornament like that and love the quality of the glass ball, and they haven't done one in years...hmm...

Man, those "sets" of ornaments are sooo disappointing. Easy pass for all of them. That's not what I was expecting at all.

Edited to add: The sets are sets of mini ornaments. First time ever for Disney Store Sketchbooks to have mini ornaments. If they were normal versions of the characters, I wouldn't mind it. The Steamboat Willie set actually isn't too bad. The Snow White set's horrible. You have Dopey and Snow White the same size then the other two ornaments are the apple with the poison skull potion on it and the box that the Evil Queen wanted Snow White's heart in. Merry Christmas..?

Edited by luckdragon (07/16/16 08:15 PM)

#297705 - 07/16/16 06:52 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
oddsbodkins Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Robin Hood and Maid Marian as well as Scrooge McDuck are winners!

#297707 - 07/16/16 08:53 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Yes, those are them! I'm very excited this year, I'm looking at a for sure twenty-five different ones that I have to have. The Edna Mode and Up ones look fantastic! Those sets are a major pass however, they look like preschool toys.

#297712 - 07/16/16 11:22 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Oooh the Up House with Balloons! About time!!! And Belle at the Fountain! What a terrific pose for Edna Mode. Great Mouse Detective. Fox & Hound. So many great designs and fun characters.
Thanks for the heads up on these.

#297720 - 07/17/16 03:38 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I like the Toy Story and Black Widow ornaments.

#297726 - 07/17/16 08:37 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Gonna be an expensive Sketchbook year~!

#297735 - 07/18/16 03:37 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook Ornaments ***Spoiler/Rumor Alert*** [Re: DDCakes]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Deana, the Partners ornament (statue of Walt and Mickey) is back.
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...399774/1000344/

The Toy Story Army guy ornament is back for viewing, but says sold out on the page. I'm wondering if they may restock and list it again later?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator