YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 61 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26131 Topics
322913 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#297515 - 07/11/16 04:12 AM 2016 Sketchbook ornaments!
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Changed this from the other topic so folks who were trying to avoid the spoilers would see that they're starting to get put up. New something was up when the ornament count suddenly spiked up by over 20 this morning.

https://www.disneystore.com/sketchbook-ornaments/mn/1014405/

Love what we're seeing so far! Prices went up, so I'm definitely waiting for a sale.

Alice with the Cheshire Cat in front of the doorknob
Doc McStuffins & Lambie
Donald Duck in "Out of Scale"
Elliott on the lighthouse
Mickey Mouse as an animator
Mickey balloon with Mickey & friends
Miles from Tomorrowland
Peter Pan, Wendy, John, & Michael on Big Ben (repeat 2010)
Quasimodo & Esmeralda
Rafiki
Si and Am (repeat 2010)
Sofia the First

The Miles & Sofia ornaments are very similar to their 2015 releases.

I have the 2010 Peter Pan and highly recommend it. So excited to finally get that Si & Am ornament! I love, love, love the Donald Duck ornament! Have to have it and the Esmeralda and Quasimodo. I'll pick up the Alice to get the doorknob character, but I wish they'd used the White Rabbit so it fit the scene.

The personalization has changed this year to let you add more lines and messages via a clip instead of the oval, and it's a surcharge, so it can be done to any of the ornaments. This is nice in case you want to give something as a gift.

There is also a new service to sign up for an annual subscription to the ear hat ornaments. One monthly in a blind box. They start on August 15th (third Monday of the month). I wonder if this is replacing the monthly series. Well, if it is, it saves me money since I'm not interested in these.

#297516 - 07/11/16 08:01 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I like the Elliot from Pete's Dragon & the Peter Pan ornaments. Hope they have more.

#297536 - 07/11/16 05:29 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Loc: Texas
So, wait, are we thinking that is the new price that all of the sketchbook ornaments will be priced at? How much were they last year? This seems a lot higher than I remember? Maybe because I only buy during the sales?

Also, maybe Disney is teaching me to not go crazy on the secondary market because they might just bring designs back. I spent forever tracking down that Peter Pan ornament at a price I didn't cringe at, and now I wish I hadn't. laugh But as Luckdragon said, I would definitely recommend this ornament! It is one of my favorites.

I am very excited to see some of these designs using characters that normally don't get much love and attention! I will definitely be picking up:
-Esmerelda and Quasimodo (I was freaking out about this one, heavy breathing and grabby hands.)
-Rafiki (Love the pose, please give me a hyena ornament at some point!)
-Elliot on the Lighthouse (Yes, it's the old design!)
-Si and Am (I am so excited to finally own this one! And they are flocked!)
-Alice with the Doorknob (I agree, why is the Cheshire here? I have so many of him, but I need that door!)
-Donald (I have many representations of him, but this one is too great to pass up.)
-Mickey as an Animator (I'm on the fence, I definitely don't need it, but I also know if there is a sale I will probably buy it.)

Does anyone else get the ones they absolutely can't live without during the first sale and then slowly end up getting more during other sales or because the more you look at it the cuter it gets?

#297537 - 07/11/16 05:37 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They were $12.95 for a regular last year, $16.95 for a light-up, and $16.95 (I think or maybe $19.95) for a musical.

I can't remember the prices for a personalize ornament, but I think it was somewhere between a regular and a light-up. Then, they did the $10 each if you buy 2 or more sale. I'm guessing this year, it'll be 2 for $25.

Some of the older designs get crazy expensive. I've wanted the Si and Am for so long, but it rarely ever shows up on ebay, and the two times I saw it last Christmas season, it was over $100.

I agree with you about the hyenas. It would be nice to have them.

Originally Posted By: DDCakes

Does anyone else get the ones they absolutely can't live without during the first sale and then slowly end up getting more during other sales or because the more you look at it the cuter it gets?

I've bought musical ornaments in the past since I figured they wouldn't count them for a sale. Last year, they counted, so now I'm hesitant. If they do an Art of Belle set, it'll probably cost around $60, so I'll definitely add an ornament on there to get the free shipping.

#297538 - 07/11/16 07:05 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Vixen Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Chicago, IL
I was greeted by Fix-it Felix when I checked the DS website yesterday. I was hoping the site was under construction for this reason:)

Yay! I'm thrilled to see Peter Pan and the Darling Chrildren for 2016!! Hoping to see The Enchanted Rose, too. These ornaments are 2 of 11 that I have on my Disney back-collect list. So rare and expensive in secondary market (not sure I've ever come across the rose).

#297548 - 07/11/16 09:46 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Elliot and Mickey as an animator will be mine. I'm on the fence about one or two others, but those are must haves.

#297560 - 07/12/16 09:21 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

There are several that I really "need". :-) But I will definitely wait for the sale as these prices seem high.

Angela

#297561 - 07/12/16 09:25 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

Elliot is the only one I'm tempted to purchase right now. The rest of them, unfortunately, don't do much for me.

#297563 - 07/12/16 09:38 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: oddsbodkins]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Friends & Family should be coming SOON. 25% off.

Starts tomorrow for Disney Visa Card holders. Yay.

I'll probably go ahead and get Elliot, Peter Pan & the Darling Children and Si & Am. And Donald on the train.

Not sure what else at this time. But definitely those.

#297622 - 07/14/16 09:03 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

The Friends and Family sale starts today for non-Disney card holders as well. I am going to consider a couple of these. However, I prefer the non-personalized ones. Even with the 25% discount, the ornaments are $12.71 each.

Angela

#297623 - 07/14/16 09:11 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Not sure what I want yet. I'll probably wait till they add more ornaments and then have a two-fer sale.

#297631 - 07/14/16 01:18 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Was tempted by Elliot, but like others, decided to wait for the non-personalized ones.

Lady and the Tramp Art of Disney sold out. I tried to order one yesterday but although it wasn't sold out, it also wouldn't load the page when hitting the shop now button, so I figured it would be sold out. Couldn't find the parachuting army guy from Toy Story, so that may have sold out as well.

I picked up a few others. I like the 25% off sale. Hopefully they'll extend it one more day and let us use it Monday!

#297632 - 07/14/16 01:35 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*
Was tempted by Elliot, but like others, decided to wait for the non-personalized ones.

They're actually all non-personalized with optional personalization for an extra $5.95 an ornament.

Very sad the army man's gone. If the Jungle Book pre-sale was offering $10 off $40 for pre-ordering it, I'd go ahead and order it along with a few ornaments. But, they're not offering the $10 off $40. I can get the movie cheaper in a store.

I did forget that they had Loungefly, and I was looking at an Alice purse that Loungefly makes a few days ago. The one the Disney Store website has is cuter, and it qualified for the 25% off. Which is great, so I bought that along with the Donald Duck ornament (so cute) and the Si and Am.

It would be awesome if they'd extend the sale through Monday though.

#297769 - 07/18/16 08:14 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, it's after midnight in the UK, so it's Tuesday there, and Tuesday is when they put up new products on their Disney Store website (fun fact, since in the US, it's Monday).

So, they got way more ornaments put up then we did. We have 13 of the Sketchbook line up, they have more than 50.

They have some things we haven't seen including the new online exclusive! I have to have this one:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/belle-village-outfit-christmas-decoration-465064315840.html

I added pictures to my Sketchbook album if you don't want to go to the website and navigate it:
Sketchbook Album

#297784 - 07/19/16 07:33 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I like the Nemo/Dory in the coffee pot ornament. Hope they update the US site soon.

#297851 - 07/22/16 07:34 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got my first order today from last Friday with Si and Am and the Donald Duck ornament!

Very pleased! I love that the fish in the fish bowl on the Si & Am ornament is on a spring. Sculpt's are great and both have flocking. My Donald has two small paint chip problems. Not sure if I'll fix it. Not going to bother going through returning it though since they're minimal. Just check your ornaments carefully if this matters to you.

#297878 - 07/23/16 04:05 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
I think I will hold off on ordering any until they have more up on their site. I may just hold off and get them at the Disney Store since they always have them on sale. Shouldn't be too long.

#298015 - 07/25/16 02:30 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Elliot from Pete's Dragon is really cool. The lower part of him (tail) is pretty transparent and the upper part is very opaque. It does a subtle blending between the two throughout his body.

The Peter Pan with the Darling Children at Big Ben is a disappointment. In general it looks like a great ornament but I just got a cruddy version of it. I'm going to look for these when they hit the store and see about trading it in for a better paint/mold job. Peter Pan is seriously crosseyed and Michael's face is badly molded - he is pretty deformed.

I like Cinderella waking up much better than I anticipated. I think the angle of the photo on the site isn't very flattering.

Love the flocking on Si and Am, but wish the base wasn't covered in glitter. Glitter and flocking don't go great together, the glitter will flake off and end up where you don't want it on the flocking. Nice sculpt though, and I like getting readily identifiable characters that are more obscure.

#298017 - 07/25/16 02:53 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*
I like Cinderella waking up much better than I anticipated. I think the angle of the photo on the site isn't very flattering.

I just got mine today, and she was bigger than I thought. Very nice to see something "different" for Cinderella.

Oh, and I got the Alice ornament today too. Alice looks a bit weird. Not as weird as she does in the picture. Doorknob looks fab, which is the reason I bought it, so I'm happy. Cheshire Cat looks good too (should have been the White Rabbit). Overall, I'm happy with it. It's something different. Though, if they ever want to reissue the tumbling Alice, I'm all for that. Can't find it on ebay.

The Big Ben ornament is very low on details for the Darling children. I tried to mention that in my review on the Disney Store website. They're tiny and not as detailed as they would be if larger. Now, the Peter Pan on mine wasn't cross-eyed (that I can remember). The major draw of the ornament for me was getting all three of the Darling children together with Peter Pan, and it looks lovely on a tree since the ornament's mostly gold.

Wish they had put more ornaments up today. frown But, the UK site took all of their ornaments down (I checked a few links).

Oh, and I love my Tigger & Piglet mugs! Now, I have the whole set, and their prices went up, so I'm happy with my sale. Glad I thought to check them last Monday.

#298022 - 07/25/16 05:25 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

Had to call Disney to see what was up with my order since the Generic Error prompt is still popping up when I attempt to track my shipment. I was told it went out today UPS. I feel fortunate to get my order since, on their FB page, there are many who receive the same alert and have to get credit card charges reversed because their charges cleared but they didn't have the inventory. Yeesh!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Moderator