YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
3 registered (Sean Ray, beaglebabes, 88eggs), 61 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26152 Topics
323375 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#298033 - 07/26/16 08:21 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Vixen Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Chicago, IL
I received my PP & the Darling Children ornament last Friday. The paint job is less than magical, but I'm pleased to have this ornament!

#298049 - 07/26/16 12:21 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Vixen]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Peter Pan Clock Tower. One good paint job, even the children not bad. One cross-eyed Peter Pan.

The Animator Mickey. Mickey has flocking.

Si & Am. One of them has a broken tail.

Parks Exclusive Entrance to WDW with Santa Mickey and Mrs. Santa Minnie . . . Minnie broken off base and one snowball broken off base.

Don't recall IF it has been mention Donald on the train locomotive . . . Donald has flocking.

Still need to open a couple of duplicates.

I agree Alice's face is a little much/strange but facing the door it won't be overly noticeable hanging on the tree.

Pete's Dragon nice. Having trouble getting back in styrofoam, afraid off breaking it.

Also received Cinderella from the series. Yay another series completed. I'll venture to say I liked the first series better than the second but the second series does have a few special pieces.

#298052 - 07/26/16 12:41 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I, too, had trouble getting Pete's Dragon back into the styrofoam.

About your damaged ornament: the last time that happened to me I simply took a photo on my camera and emailed it to their customer service address. For one of the broken items they still had product in stock and shipped a replacement, for the other they were out of stock and issued a credit. So much easier than sending it back through the mail and awaiting their response. Just include your order number and the stock number and name of the ornament.

#298056 - 07/26/16 02:41 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
For my broken Mr. Toad, I just contacted them through the website. They got back to me within 24 hours, told me to throw it away, and sent me a new one. The Mr. Toad had wires in his body that were exposed with the breaking.

Still debating on Pete's Dragon...I have the Disney Parks one and love it...hmm... There are just so many coming up that I definitely want...

#298058 - 07/26/16 03:01 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I called. Sending replacements for Si and Am, the Entrance the WDW and the bad paint job on Peter Pan.

They told me to toss the broken/bad ones.

I told her IF they want me to send them back to send me a call tag and she said, no just toss them. I told her I could probably glue Minnie & the snowball back on but I thought for a 20+ dollar ornament I shouldn't have to and she agreed.

Bed Bath & Beyond made me go thru the sending a photo deal with a cracked Fiestware Platter, replacement was bad, next replacement was bad . . . so will return to store this time and get a refund. So they've paid shipping 5 times now, original, 1st replacement, return original, 2nd replacement, return 2nd replacement. As original order was free shipping. I still couldn't believe they had me return the 1st as it was literally cracked in half horizontal the 13 1/2" all the way across and they had a photo of it. Won't order from them again. I order online for convenience not to be hassled by customer service unpacking and repacking packages repeatedly.

#298063 - 07/26/16 06:14 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Bed Bath & Beyond made me go thru the sending a photo deal with a cracked Fiestware Platter, replacement was bad, next replacement was bad . . . so will return to store this time and get a refund. So they've paid shipping 5 times now, original, 1st replacement, return original, 2nd replacement, return 2nd replacement. As original order was free shipping. I still couldn't believe they had me return the 1st as it was literally cracked in half horizontal the 13 1/2" all the way across and they had a photo of it. Won't order from them again. I order online for convenience not to be hassled by customer service unpacking and repacking packages repeatedly.

I've never ordered from them before online. Seems stupid they'd want the broken stuff back. They can't resell it. I understand why companies want people to send back clothes that don't fit, wrong item sent, and changed your mind purchases, but broken is just stupid.

Good to know their online service is poor and returns are a hassle.

#298082 - 07/28/16 08:53 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

UPS lost my package with Humphrey and, of course, they're sold out of Humphrey again. Refund issued... GRRRRRRR

#298090 - 07/28/16 10:37 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Don't lose hope. We've been having an issue with UPS lately. They delivered a package here for a previous owner. We took it back to UPS to either return to the sender or get the proper address and deliver again. A few days later the same package shows up on our doorstep (a little more worse for wear) with big letters ADDRESSEE UNKNOWN written on it. Sigh. Back it'll go. So you never know, your Humphrey may show up.
I also had the post office lose a Hallmark box for something like seven months and then they finally found it.

#298101 - 07/28/16 11:34 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

Usually, UPS is aces for me as we're the first stop on their route. But, the Chicago depot it's lost in is like one of Dante's levels of Hell.

If it doesn't show by Monday, Disney will refund me. I opened a case with UPS and they're trying to locate it already. Fingers crossed!

#298112 - 07/28/16 04:53 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I hope they find it for you!

I had a Disney Store package stolen after UPS dropped it off. It was the Cinderella Coach ornament for the live action movie, and they had to issue me a refund since it had sold out. Just so happened, USPS dropped off a package from Amazon less than thirty minutes after UPS dropped off the Disney Store one, so my theory was that the postal worker took the Disney Store package since A. why would a thief leave the Amazon package if they were already going to steal the Disney Store one? and B. too little time in between, most likely was the postal worker.

Needless to say after that, I used the UPS (and FedEx) package holding service. Can't get the USPS one to work since it keeps swearing I'm answering questions wrong on the "verify identity" page. Now, the Disney Store packages I order always come USPS. Great...

#298788 - 08/15/16 04:05 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Okay, we've got more Sketchbook ornaments up! They added some we didn't know about: a light up BB-8, Rey, light up Kylo Ren, and Elena of Avalor musical ornament. The newest monthly Sketchbook ornament collection launched today (separate topic if you want to check it out). And the Belle in the blue dress exclusive is limited to 3000 worldwide. We're missing the Frozen singing one. Can't remember if we're missing anything else. Wish they'd put it up since it's a two-sided ornament, and the UK site just pictures one side.

Apparently, there is no difference in price from ornaments that do nothing to light up ornaments to musical ornaments. They're all $16.95. But the Belle variant ornament is $19.95. Just like the past variant ornaments. At least this variant has a totally different sculpt. Usually they just change the colors of the ornament.

Fun fact: Elena of Avalor recently went through her princess coronation at the Parks. So, she's officially a Disney Princess. Other fun fact: Elsa and Anna are not official Disney Princesses.

Here's something to ponder: Will we see a Moana ornament closer to the release of the film like we did for "The Good Dinosaur" last year? My guess is yes.

Edited to add info about Kylo Ren ornament (it was early in the morning, and I overlooked it) as well as to add the Frozen singing ornament isn't up yet.

Edited by luckdragon (08/15/16 02:18 PM)

#298794 - 08/15/16 09:23 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
There are quite a few ornaments, but I am going to try to wait for the sale. I really like the Up ornament and the WTP as well as Olaf. Those are very adorable! I will buy the new series as I really like the first one and I like the pins.

Angela

#298795 - 08/15/16 09:33 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Ouch !!!!

Too many I want.... Don't know how I'm going to afford them.

Not sure about the current sale..... $20 off if you spend $100 with free shipping. That's around $13.50 if you buy 6.

#298807 - 08/15/16 10:56 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon

Fun fact: Elena of Avalor recently went through her princess coronation at the Parks. So, she's officially a Disney Princess. Other fun fact: Elsa and Anna are not official Disney Princesses.

I just so happened to catch that, I think it was on Twitter last week, in front of the Castle . . . I think somebody had posted a "periscope" for the ceremony.

#298808 - 08/15/16 11:31 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore

I'm no expert on Disney Princesses, but I think it's getting way out of hand. Way too many.

I only recognize four Disney Princesses: Snow White, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, & Belle/Beauty & the Beast.

#298809 - 08/15/16 11:34 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I ordered a few. 20% is 20%. Previous years when they were 12.95 and they'd have 10.00 sale was only slightly better than 20%.

There were several I don't want to miss so went ahead and ordered. Might do another order this afternoon but wanted to get that first one done just in case the new monthly sells out quicker than several in recent months have NOT sold out.

Oh p.s. on one of the Disney Parks ornaments, the entrance to WDW with Santa Mickey and Minnie . . . Three Times . . . all broken so I have given up on this ornament. Even Disney said three shipments is their limit . . . I was like good, I'm done. First Mickey's Santa hat end/white ball part broken off and Minnie unglued from base. Second, Minnie's nose broken off. Third, Mickey's nose broken off. Cute ornament but three strikes I'm done.

#298810 - 08/15/16 11:36 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike

I'm no expert on Disney Princesses, but I think it's getting way out of hand. Way too many.

I only recognize four Disney Princesses: Snow White, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, & Belle/Beauty & the Beast.

I consider the original three, "classic" Disney Princesses but now I also consider Belle and Ariel. Ariel has been around longer than Belle.

#298831 - 08/15/16 06:27 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Vixen Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I've been checking the Disney site on the daily...was excited to see the ornament count up today!! I ordered the Up House, Enchanted Rose and Belle variant for now. I plan to purchase more with future promotions/sales.

Incredibly happy to finally add The Enchanted Rose to my collection:) I had listed the Up House on my Hallmark hopes/wishes list...the Sketchbook ornament is exactly how I envisioned it!

#298832 - 08/15/16 06:32 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh, just a heads up with news from the UK site: The Frozen singing ornament sold out already. It hasn't made its way to the US site yet. I'm hoping it's not an exclusive overseas.

In other news, I'm super duper excited because I found a seller selling the Alice Sketchbook ornament of Alice in the chair with the Mad Hatter and March Hare for $19.95 plus shipping! laugh laugh laugh So happy to find it for that price! Just stumbled across it when I was checking to see if sellers already listed the new monthly ornament. Remember folks to check ebay every once in a while for ornaments you're looking for. I'm trying to avoid ebay now that I see we're in for another year of limited Sketchbooks. That resolve didn't even make it 24 hours...

#298839 - 08/15/16 09:09 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
While trying to up my order today, I went ahead and ordered Pete's Dragon, the Up House, and Basil of Baker Street as well as one of the Star Wars park poster mugs.

There are some others I'm thinking about, but this was enough to hit the threshhold for the promos today.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Moderator