YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26131 Topics
322908 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#299568 - 09/15/16 10:54 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
There will be at least one Star Wars Rogue One sketchbook ornament released on 9/30, which is this years Star Wars Force Friday.

There goes not buying anything until November !!!

#299569 - 09/15/16 11:07 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
There will be at least one Star Wars Rogue One sketchbook ornament released on 9/30, which is this years Star Wars Force Friday.

The Rogue One ornament is a Death Trooper.

#299646 - 09/19/16 09:00 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
oddsbodkins Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

The Rogue One ornament is a Death Trooper.

Oh yeah!

#299794 - 09/26/16 07:55 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
They added more ornaments! Still no Vanessa/Ursula*, Mickey/Minnie in the car, or Frozen singing. But for the Sketchbook line, they added the annual Mickey/Minnie in a glass dome, the frilly princess collection (where you can buy the ten Disney princesses excluding Merida in a collection; Disney doesn't consider Elsa/Anna as part of the Disney Princess line btw), and some ball ornament sets including "The Nightmare Before Christmas" for those that love Halloween ornaments.

Sadly, no sale. I was hopeful since they went on sale on the last Monday in September last year.

Also, they finally added the official Christmas page to where you can browse through the Christmas items! They call it "holiday," but it's Christmas, let's face facts here:
https://www.disneystore.com/holiday/mn/1000882/

I love the new Disney Parks plush ornaments they added! I love the Eeyore one, but $16.99...that seems really high for what they are, so I checked to see if it mentioned organic material or something. Nope. It does say that's a tweed print. No, that's called houndstooth. Thumper does have a tweed print.

There are also some jumping jack ornaments. These plush and jumping jack ornaments must be new for 2016 since I've seen zero on ebay. So, they must be releasing new items to the Christmas stores in the Parks. But, I wish our Parks got the ornaments that Disneyland Paris got. Their woodland collection's gorgeous and has "Brother Bear," "The Fox and the Hound," "Brave," "Bambi," and "Frozen." I really want the Copper/Todd ornament, but the prices people are asking on ebay are turning me away. Especially combined with the shipping.

*I have seen ebay sellers in America selling this ornament, so it must be in the stores and may eventually show up online.

#299797 - 09/26/16 08:30 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Lot's of new items this a.m. I added a few to my cart but won't order until the next "deal".

I did place an order last night with the save20 code. A pair of the Magic Kingdom lounge pants (pj bottoms) for Sarah & I . . . and another of the Mickey with the quote sweatshirts with the hidden pockets (so soft) and love the hidden pockets. For a few little surprise "gifts" on our trip. I have to come up with something for Steven though, at 19 he is harder to buy for . . . maybe something Super Hero/Marvel???

#299860 - 09/29/16 07:14 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

The 4 Star Wars Sketchbook ornaments are on sale...probably since tomorrow is The Force Friday...

Anyway, they're 25% off.

You can also see a preview of the Death Trooper ornament on the UK site:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/rogue-one-full-range.html

I went ahead and ordered Rey, Belle singing Sketchbook, Enchanted Rose sketchbook, a Sadness nightshirt (on sale too), and pre-ordered Finding Dory so I could use my $10 off $40 since I don't think the Sketchbook ornaments will go on sale before the 2nd is over. frown But at least Rey was on sale! That was one I was planning to buy, and I don't mind paying the higher prices for the music ornament and I've wanted the rose for so long, that that doesn't bother me either. Hopefully by the time Peter and the Wolf comes out, the ornaments will be on sale.

BTW, the "Finding Dory" $10 off $40 code is going to be in the range for the expected release date for Lambert the Lion. So, if you need are planning on buying the blu-ray anyway as well as Lambert the Lion's ornament and/or pin, it might be worth pre-ordering it.

#299877 - 09/29/16 11:44 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

The Imperial Death Trooper ornament is up:
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...410360/1000344/

It's not 25% off. The other Star Wars Sketchbook ornaments are 25% off though, and you get free shipping with a Star Wars item.

There is a small window right now where you can still save 25% off the Parks items too btw. I decided to go ahead and buy one of the plush ornaments (the Brave bears since I don't have those characters and the ornament looks adorable) and I popped Rey's Speeder in there since it's 70% off retail, and I can donate it to Toys for Tots. I want to see how good the plush ornaments are. I may buy more during Friends and Family weekend.

The window for the Parks 25% off will probably end at midnight PST.

If you are near a Park, it looks like a bunch of new Parks Star Wars ornaments were released too. I've seen a few new ones on ebay like this C-3PO.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Parks-3CPO-Star-Wars-Ornament-Christmas-Holiday-NEW-/172358663471
Frustrating that the seller is calling it 3CPO. I really hope that's a typo and not just someone who has no interest in these films or characters trying to just make a quick buck.

#299897 - 09/30/16 05:29 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
Went to the Disney Store today and picked up about two dozen ornaments. I was surprised to see the Mickey and Minnie in the antique car ornament.

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/mickey-and-minnie-mouse-christmas-decoration-465064243815.html

I had to pick up one of those. I'll probably head back in a few weeks to pick up some more.

#299899 - 09/30/16 05:43 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Are they full price in the store or are they on sale?

If it helps, that Mickey/Minnie ornament is from the cartoon, "The Nifty Nineties."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6yvEyfy-08

The UK site just rarely mentions what anything's from. So frustrating.

I'm hoping that one as well as the Vanessa ornament will show up soon. Did you see the singing "Frozen" ornament? If you did, is it the original track of the song that it plays? Or is it the karaoke CD version the Hallmark one plays?

#299905 - 09/30/16 08:35 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
Yep, knew it was from "The Nifty Nineties." I'm a big fan of all of the Disney cartoons. I have all of the Walt Disney Treasures sets from several years ago. I was just was keeping it kind of generic for people who don't know.

They did have the Vanessa ornament which I also picked up.

They were full price with the exception of the Star Wars ornaments which, like everything else Star Wars related, were 25% off.

They had pretty much everything that is on the Disney Store site with the exception of the ornament sets. They may have had them but I didn't look for them. I didn't pay much attention to any of the princess ornaments since I have so many versions of them already. Sorry. Someone was playing "The Little Mermaid" one while I was there. That sounded like the movie but, with people talking and the loud Disney music playing, I couldn't hear it that well.

I'll probably go back in a couple of weeks since they usually add more, if past history holds.

#299906 - 09/30/16 08:39 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I received my beauty and the beast set and belle's hand was snapped off. Really dislike having to call customer service. They told me it's now sold out and they will issue a refund once they receive it back. But they can't send me an RMA for 2 to 3 business days for some reason. Then I find the set online and call them back. I give them the number of the item which is different from the number on the order form. They put the item on my order, but I am not sure if I will actually receive it because I have to wait for the RMA and then I have to ship it back. I am afraid it will sell out before then.

#299909 - 09/30/16 09:33 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Man, it's a shame her arm was broken. Especially since they seemed to really wait to send out the ornaments. Limited items should be shipped ASAP so they can try to please as many people as possible if something does arrive broken (the customer can find out quicker and get an exchange in the works). I did find an error on one of mine. My peasant Belle is missing some of the top of her book and it was painted flesh color on top of where it was missing, so it happened in the mold process. No broken pieces in the box. It's not especially noticeable, so I'm not going to report it. Picture:

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zccwgo.jpg
Since I missed it the first inspection, I figure it's there only if you know to look for it.

Can you order another set, pick through the sets for the best ornaments (might as well) and send back the set with the broken ornament? That might be faster. But expensive on your card in the meantime.

I'm guessing most of this happened in the boxing stage for these ornaments and feel lucky mine has her arm. I'll keep the cropped book instead of having a broken arm. I can probably fix the book with a thin piece of cardboard or foam and a bit of colored paper on it. Or I can wait for someone on ebay to sell the ornaments individually. The Art of Aurora ornaments show up individually all the time, especially Maleficent and Aurora. My theory is that people with the sets had issues with the delicate fairies breaking and just sell those two ornaments.

#300132 - 10/03/16 04:06 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They're on sale! $12 each when you buy two or more. The little banner advertising the sale isn't working, but it works when you put them in the cart. You also get free shipping today with the code freeship.

The Belle variant counts too. Naturally. I can't remember if Jasmine counted last year when the sale first started or if she counted later, but the web exclusives didn't used to count.

I'm going to go ahead and order Up, Robin Hood/Maid Marian, and Basil/Dawson. Saving five for when Peter and the Wolf comes out to get free shipping then. Hoping that Vanessa/Ursula will be available by then.

#300137 - 10/03/16 07:50 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I ordered the Star Wars Death Trooper and the Belle/wishing well ornaments.

#300149 - 10/03/16 10:23 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: tiggerfan]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: tiggerfan
I received my beauty and the beast set and belle's hand was snapped off. Really dislike having to call customer service. They told me it's now sold out and they will issue a refund once they receive it back. But they can't send me an RMA for 2 to 3 business days for some reason. Then I find the set online and call them back. I give them the number of the item which is different from the number on the order form. They put the item on my order, but I am not sure if I will actually receive it because I have to wait for the RMA and then I have to ship it back. I am afraid it will sell out before then.

I called on a Monday to report my broken hand ornament (Belle with bird perched on hand). They said they would send replacement and have broken set picked up by UPS but to not put out until next day. Put out and no pickup . . . so around 7, our UPS guy usually never comes that late unless it is Dec. I brought back in the house. Put back out on Wed. He finally came around 7. Gave me receipt as I left door open and had set back inside since it was getting late and I was afraid he wasn't going to show up that day either.

In meantime, I called back the Disney Store on Wed during the day asking for tracking number of replacement. Said oh no, we won't ship until we see broken set is on way back then replacement will automatically ship. The item arrived back @ Disney on Thurs. FAST. By Monday, a week later from initial call, still no shipping email or status online . . . so I called yet again . . . put on hold while she called shipping department to get it released. Argh. So this is like the 3rd phone call. On the second call when told "oh no it is reserved but won't be released" line . . . I offered to pay for replacement and then they credit me upon receipt of broken set . . . oh no that isn't necessary . . . but I still had to call this time to get them to release it 5 days AFTER they had received it.

Argh. What a pain. Kinda ticks me off. As much as I order and have ordered over the years, they are NOT giving me the benefit of the doubt on handling a 129.00 order/replacement issue. Please.

I may still email customer service or call again on it as after this many phone calls and dropped balls on handling it on their end . . . they should have stepped up, last one said she would upgrade the shipping to 3 day shipping as I said I was leaving town on Friday . . . nope it still arrived Fed Ex Smart Post, slowest service around, and it arrived on Saturday while we were gone.

#300151 - 10/03/16 11:49 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Happy to report second set looks PERFECT. No flaws whatsoever. While it was a hassle . . . glad replacement set was perfect.

While some repairs are feasible . . . Belle's hand with the bird would have been darn near impossible to repair to a near flawless appearance.

Whew.

#300165 - 10/03/16 02:24 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Happy to report second set looks PERFECT. No flaws whatsoever. While it was a hassle . . . glad replacement set was perfect.

While some repairs are feasible . . . Belle's hand with the bird would have been darn near impossible to repair to a near flawless appearance.

Whew.

Yay!

This is why I'm just dealing with the messed up book on my peasant Belle. It's a mold issue, not a break, so it's just "unique."

Disney Store is so slow shipping. I placed an order on Thursday for some stuff. I did another on Friday. Another today. Nothing's shipped yet. I miss UPS delivering. Could order the monthly ornament on Monday, and it usually arrived on Thursday with the cheapest shipping option. Now, it's usually the next Monday.

Meantime, I placed an order on Hallmark's website on Saturday, and the order has shipped today.

I think for these limited sets, they should have a few extra individual ornaments on hand where they could ship out a replacement if something arrives broken. I can tell you of the most shocking replacement story for me. I do collect some dolls, and it was probably 2-3 years ago. I bought some dolls, unboxed them, discovered the ring on a doll was missing (I had a picture of them I had taken while in box, and the ring wasn't on the doll's finger, so I hadn't lost it). I couldn't return them to the store, so I emailed Mattel asking if they had replacement rings so I could purchase a ring for the doll (after explaining the doll was missing the ring). They emailed me back within...2 hours or so, saying they didn't have any spare parts for that doll since it was such a new release. They said they were going to send me a new set of dolls instead. Keep in mind, I did not buy these dolls from Mattel. I bought them from a local store. The very next evening, the dolls arrived via UPS. They paid for overnight delivery. New doll had the ring (as well as a clear rubber band wrapped around her ring/hand/purse, unlike my doll that didn't have that band, more proof). I have small enough hands that I could slip my hand inside the box, remove the rubber band, slip the ring off, and take my hand out without damaging the packaging, so the dolls got donated to Toys for Tots. I feel a little bad that the dolls donated were missing a tiny accessory, but I wouldn't have felt right keeping the dolls. I've never had a company overnight something like that when it was bought from someone else.

#300167 - 10/03/16 03:07 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow. A+++++ Customer Service from Mattel.

Happy Ending~!

#300169 - 10/03/16 06:11 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They must have done the additions after I went to work. I see now they added Mary Poppins (same sculpt as last year) as well as a Sketchbook ornament set based on the animator dolls. I wouldn't mind having the set, but I feel like it'll have problems like the Tsum Tsum set, so I don't see it selling out anytime soon. Speaking of Tsum Tsums, if you liked the Tsum Tsum set last year, you can buy a new set this year, but it's not under the Sketchbook line name.

The Mickey's Christmas Carol figurine set is back too! I have it from last year, and it's pretty cute.

#300239 - 10/05/16 11:26 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

freeship code is back today. October 5th.

Not much new at all, maybe 2 items, on the New Arrivals page. No new ornaments.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Moderator