YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 61 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26131 Topics
322908 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#300243 - 10/05/16 12:33 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Do the stores also have the two for $12 each sale? If so, I may need to go back and pick up Vanessa from Little Mermaid. They only had one last week - it seems to be going fast and I'm worried it'll never make the site.

I needn't have been so worried about all the other sketchbook ornaments. I should have waited for the sale, as it is a significant savings (from $17 to $12 PER ornament). I think they are all still available, except for the Walt and Mickey statue, which weren't technically sketchbook but a parks exclusive.

This is a very expensive Disney ornament year for me. I'm really thrilled they are doing so many non-traditional characters, but it's going to hurt my pocket in the end.

#300285 - 10/07/16 04:21 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Alright folks, we have a really nice sale today! The Sketchbook ornaments are on sale for $10 this weekend. And you get an extra 20% off purchases of $75 or more, making them $8 each! That's more than 50% off retail!

I was going to save a bunch for my Pecos Bill order, but not anymore. I'm also buying the Moana classic doll since the doll looks good. Picked out: Gus/Jaq ball, Scrooge McDuck, Buzz/Woody/RC, Elliott, Elena of Avalor, Mowgli/Kaa, Chip/Dale, and Quasimodo/Esmeralda. I wasn't originally planning on buying Elliott, but your reviews have been great on the ornament. Chip/Dale was one that grew on me.

Now, if only Vanessa/Ursula would show up, I'd be a happy camper.

#300287 - 10/07/16 09:00 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
That is a great sale if you can get your total over $75. I will have to look to see if there are 8 ornaments I want to get.

#300297 - 10/07/16 10:26 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Wow. Didn't expect prices this low first week of October.

May have to finish up my 2016 Disney Sketchbook collection this weekend. Already have many . . . time to finish it up for the year unless a surprise release or two later down the road.

#300306 - 10/07/16 01:38 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Wow. Didn't expect prices this low first week of October.

Tell me about it. I'm going to try next year to wait for a Columbus Day sale, but I think I only paid full price on Si & Am and the "Out of Scale" Donald Duck ornament. And the limited Belle, but she doesn't count for the $10 sale (counted for the $12) though. Si & Am was still good for me at $16.95 because if I had found the original for that price, I would have snatched it up. Out of Scale's cute, no regrets!

Still waiting on Vanessa...and hopefully a Moana ornament in November. "The Good Dinosaur" got its ornament in November last year, so there is hope.

#300349 - 10/09/16 11:10 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
Woo hoo.. love the sale! I ordered a few of them tonight.

Angela

#300391 - 10/11/16 07:49 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I received my Belle(signing) and Death Trooper ornaments yesterday. Both look great.

I like the current sale, just don't have any available funds to buy more.

#300406 - 10/12/16 01:44 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Gee, I didn't know Belle knew ASL, JV!! smile

I went to the site last night and got the following for 20% off and FREE SHIPPING:
Enchanted Rose Light-Up Sketchbook Ornament
Belle Singing Sketchbook Ornament
Robin Hood and Marian Sketchbook Ornament
Basil and Dawson Sketchbook Ornament
Alice in Wonderland Sketchbook Ornament
Up House Sketchbook Ornament
Peter Pan and Darling Children Sketchbook Ornament
Rapunzel Singing Sketchbook Ornament
Edna Mode Talking Sketchbook Ornament
Pecos Bill Limited Release Sketchbook Ornament
Quasimodo and Esmeralda Sketchbook Ornament

Alice in Wonderland Figure Play Set (To make other orns of)
Minnie Mouse Ear Headband - Leopard Print
Sorcerer Mickey Mouse Ear Headband (For D23 Expo 2017)
Ariel Tee for Women

We lost our local Disney Store (10 mins away) without any advance warning! We took the elevator up, turned the corner and the store space was totally empty! So now I'll have to order things online more, unfortunately!

Thanks again for letting us know about the sales!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#300411 - 10/12/16 08:07 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Karen W2]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Karen W2
We lost our local Disney Store (10 mins away) without any advance warning! We took the elevator up, turned the corner and the store space was totally empty! So now I'll have to order things online more, unfortunately!

Thanks again for letting us know about the sales!

That's how it was where I live. No "store closing" signs, nothing. That happened in 2008. The neighboring city lost theirs at that time too. I wish they would bring the store back.

You're welcome for the notice about the sales! If anyone's interested in personalizing the ornaments, there's free personalization right now. From what I've heard, the personalization is bad on the ornaments because the engraving is very light. Still, it's $5.95 to personalize them, so this is a good deal if you wanted to do it.

Karen, can you let me know what portion of that song the Rapunzel ornament sings? I don't understand why the singing dolls have their song clips on the website but the ornaments don't. I have the older singing Rapunzel and am curious if it plays one or both of the clips that one does. I'm also curious if it has the melody with it. The original doesn't. The Ariel singing ornament has the same clip from last year, so I'm passing on that one. The water looks neat, but I really like last year's sculpt better.

#300412 - 10/12/16 11:18 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Karen W2]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Karen W2
Gee, I didn't know Belle knew ASL, JV!! smile

grin laugh smile

#300413 - 10/12/16 11:56 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Uncle Scrooge is sold out. It is one of the few I saved to buy later . . . thinking it wouldn't sell out. Wrong.

So I didn't place an order as the few I needed with the 20% was basically the same as shipping since I didn't hit 75.00 after subtracting the 20%.

Will wait for more new items whether they be ornaments or not. We're going in December so trying to buy a few surprises for the kids who aren't kids anymore so harder to find appropriate items that they can use (household) or wear items.

Plus . . . I'm sure we'll find plenty in the Parks to splurge on . . . so except for an "extra" here or there of the Sketchbook ornaments . . . I'm done for 2016. Yay.

#300415 - 10/12/16 12:42 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Uncle Scrooge is sold out. It is one of the few I saved to buy later . . . thinking it wouldn't sell out. Wrong.

An ornament already sold out? Did any others sell out? I knew that Mickey and the Beanstalk had sold out.

I really was thinking that the Up house would sell out first...maybe the Enchanted Rose...

Definitely didn't think Scrooge McDuck would sell out. It's not even halfway through October. They must have underproduced it. Seriously, it had one maybe two reviews.

Edit: Si and Am as well as Chip 'n Dale are sold out too.

Edited by luckdragon (10/12/16 12:49 PM)

#300416 - 10/12/16 01:52 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I was hoping to buy Uncle Scrooge and SI and Am, around December when I was past all my Hallmark purchases. Oh well, might be done with Disney for this year.

#300421 - 10/12/16 03:06 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Scrooge was also one I was waiting on, partly because I already have the Hallmark version and like others, I figured it would be around longer.
I'm planning a trip to the store in the future (want to exchange my Peter Pan at Big Ben for a better paint job, and get Vanessa from Little Mermaid). I'd be willing to check to see if they have any of the sold out ornaments for those wanting them. Email me if there is something you want me to look for for you. Would be best if the shopping can be done on a day when they have a % off sale.

#300428 - 10/12/16 10:06 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
With the tie in of Scrooge to the still popular DuckTails, I'm actually not that surprised he sold out early. I don't know that I would have predicted it, but hear it, I can under stand why it happened.

#300445 - 10/14/16 05:46 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got my "big" order of Sketchbooks. Kind of disappointed that the Gus/Jaq ornament is on a plastic ball instead of a glass one like they've done in the past. It's pretty, but that was disappointing. I did submit a pretty scathing review since the site says it is made of glass and no one else has reviewed this ornament. Woody/Buzz on RC is a really cute size! I wish Woody didn't have that stupid expression, and the part of the rocket that you light was stuck through the ribbon, leaving a hole in the ribbon. The ornament though is cute. Mowgli/Kaa is great. Chip n Dale is an average Chip n Dale ornament. I still prefer the one based on "Pluto's Christmas Tree," but it is cute. I wasn't expecting the birds on the Quasimodo/Esmeralda ornament. Elena of Avalor's fine. I've never seen the show, so I can't say anything about it, but it's detailed and the sound was good. Scrooge was probably my favorite of the new ones. If someone has a Disney Store near them, definitely check him out. Elliott's great too.

Top 5 for the year for me (excluding the limited series): 1. Si and Am, 2. Basil/Dawson (even if I didn't need the characters, the sculpt is probably the most flawless of the year to me), 3. Enchanted Rose, 4. Belle singing, 5. Robin Hood/Maid Marian.

Come on Vanessa/Ursula! I hope it shows up on Monday with Peter and the Wolf. I also need Moana. The Moana doll is great! If anyone has a little girl to buy for this Christmas (or, you know, a doll/Disney enthusiast), I highly recommend her. I've seen the Hasbro dolls, and their face sculpt is good, but Disney's sculpt, skin tone (Hasbro is almost offensive Indian red), hair and clothing quality is much better. If history is to be repeated, future Moana dolls by the Disney Store under the classic line will not have as much attention to detail.

#300449 - 10/14/16 06:30 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Heads up folks, we have a Moana ornament spotting!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-201...s-/302107042162

Okay, Disney Store, I need this to become a reality on the website. And it sings! Yay! laugh laugh laugh

#300452 - 10/14/16 07:56 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Nice!!!

#300453 - 10/14/16 08:33 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I tell you, I could have sworn this was not on the website this morning:

https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...413987/1000344/

I even checked New Arrivals this morning. I guess they added it after 5 AM EST. I'll have to buy it when I buy Peter and the Wolf on Monday.

#300457 - 10/15/16 05:12 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
For whatever reasons, Disney split my order into 2 different packages and the tracker info showed them as coming Saturday and Tuesday. We had to do errands and when we got home, Barry said he was going to check our mail (we have one of those "Cluster Boxes" here, instead of a plain mailbox at the curb or by the front door), I asked if he could look to see if the Disney box came yet and he said he would.

About 2 seconds later, he calls out, "What in the world did you order?!", and as I already told him, I said ornaments and a couple of other things. He said I needed to see how they arrived! So I came in and there was a HUGE cardboard box, covering our doorstep area! It was gigantic and way bigger than what came inside - many of those blown-up plastic bag things, tissue paper, the invoice and the following:

1. Robin Hood and Maid Marion
2. Belle Singing at the well
3. Enchanted Rose Light-Up
4. Up House
5. Edna Mode Talking
6. Rapunzel Singing
7. Peter Pan & Darling Children
8. Alice in Wonderland

9. Alice in Wonderland Figure Play Set

I'm very happy to report all orns were in perfect shape and the singing and talking orns were VERY LOUD (wish they had a level control!).

I was surprised that Edna says 6 different things, Rapunzel sings her "schedule" from, "Polish and wax.." until, "Just wonder when will my life begin" and Belle sings about her favorite part of the story where Cinderella sees Prince Charming, but doesn't know it's him til Chapter 3!

So, now all I need to get so my order is complete is:

1. Basil and Dawson orn
2. Pecos Bill Limited Release orn
3. Quasimodo and Esmeralda orn

4. Minnie Mouse Ear Headband - Leopard
5. Sorcerer Mickey Mouse Ear Headband
6. Ariel Tee for Women

Since the tracking info said the first box would come Saturday and it came today, when do you think the other box that still shows Tuesday as the delivery date will show up?

And of course, after the order's placed, they put the Moana orn on the list! Since we got to meet and talk with the girl that plays Moana and Hyram Osmond (yes, Donny & Marie's nephew!) the Imagineer in charge of the animation for Moana, when we were at the Disney D23 Aulani Resort's 5th Anniversary Event, in Ko Olina, Oahu, we're definitely interested in the film. If all goes well, we'll be getting our Moana Reyn Spooner shirts tomorrow!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Moderator