YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (btowndude, ajfargo), 62 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26157 Topics
323420 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#297515 - 07/11/16 04:12 AM 2016 Sketchbook ornaments!
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Changed this from the other topic so folks who were trying to avoid the spoilers would see that they're starting to get put up. New something was up when the ornament count suddenly spiked up by over 20 this morning.

https://www.disneystore.com/sketchbook-ornaments/mn/1014405/

Love what we're seeing so far! Prices went up, so I'm definitely waiting for a sale.

Alice with the Cheshire Cat in front of the doorknob
Doc McStuffins & Lambie
Donald Duck in "Out of Scale"
Elliott on the lighthouse
Mickey Mouse as an animator
Mickey balloon with Mickey & friends
Miles from Tomorrowland
Peter Pan, Wendy, John, & Michael on Big Ben (repeat 2010)
Quasimodo & Esmeralda
Rafiki
Si and Am (repeat 2010)
Sofia the First

The Miles & Sofia ornaments are very similar to their 2015 releases.

I have the 2010 Peter Pan and highly recommend it. So excited to finally get that Si & Am ornament! I love, love, love the Donald Duck ornament! Have to have it and the Esmeralda and Quasimodo. I'll pick up the Alice to get the doorknob character, but I wish they'd used the White Rabbit so it fit the scene.

The personalization has changed this year to let you add more lines and messages via a clip instead of the oval, and it's a surcharge, so it can be done to any of the ornaments. This is nice in case you want to give something as a gift.

There is also a new service to sign up for an annual subscription to the ear hat ornaments. One monthly in a blind box. They start on August 15th (third Monday of the month). I wonder if this is replacing the monthly series. Well, if it is, it saves me money since I'm not interested in these.

#297516 - 07/11/16 08:01 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I like the Elliot from Pete's Dragon & the Peter Pan ornaments. Hope they have more.

#297536 - 07/11/16 05:29 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Loc: Texas
So, wait, are we thinking that is the new price that all of the sketchbook ornaments will be priced at? How much were they last year? This seems a lot higher than I remember? Maybe because I only buy during the sales?

Also, maybe Disney is teaching me to not go crazy on the secondary market because they might just bring designs back. I spent forever tracking down that Peter Pan ornament at a price I didn't cringe at, and now I wish I hadn't. laugh But as Luckdragon said, I would definitely recommend this ornament! It is one of my favorites.

I am very excited to see some of these designs using characters that normally don't get much love and attention! I will definitely be picking up:
-Esmerelda and Quasimodo (I was freaking out about this one, heavy breathing and grabby hands.)
-Rafiki (Love the pose, please give me a hyena ornament at some point!)
-Elliot on the Lighthouse (Yes, it's the old design!)
-Si and Am (I am so excited to finally own this one! And they are flocked!)
-Alice with the Doorknob (I agree, why is the Cheshire here? I have so many of him, but I need that door!)
-Donald (I have many representations of him, but this one is too great to pass up.)
-Mickey as an Animator (I'm on the fence, I definitely don't need it, but I also know if there is a sale I will probably buy it.)

Does anyone else get the ones they absolutely can't live without during the first sale and then slowly end up getting more during other sales or because the more you look at it the cuter it gets?

#297537 - 07/11/16 05:37 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They were $12.95 for a regular last year, $16.95 for a light-up, and $16.95 (I think or maybe $19.95) for a musical.

I can't remember the prices for a personalize ornament, but I think it was somewhere between a regular and a light-up. Then, they did the $10 each if you buy 2 or more sale. I'm guessing this year, it'll be 2 for $25.

Some of the older designs get crazy expensive. I've wanted the Si and Am for so long, but it rarely ever shows up on ebay, and the two times I saw it last Christmas season, it was over $100.

I agree with you about the hyenas. It would be nice to have them.

Originally Posted By: DDCakes

Does anyone else get the ones they absolutely can't live without during the first sale and then slowly end up getting more during other sales or because the more you look at it the cuter it gets?

I've bought musical ornaments in the past since I figured they wouldn't count them for a sale. Last year, they counted, so now I'm hesitant. If they do an Art of Belle set, it'll probably cost around $60, so I'll definitely add an ornament on there to get the free shipping.

#297538 - 07/11/16 07:05 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Vixen Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Chicago, IL
I was greeted by Fix-it Felix when I checked the DS website yesterday. I was hoping the site was under construction for this reason:)

Yay! I'm thrilled to see Peter Pan and the Darling Chrildren for 2016!! Hoping to see The Enchanted Rose, too. These ornaments are 2 of 11 that I have on my Disney back-collect list. So rare and expensive in secondary market (not sure I've ever come across the rose).

#297548 - 07/11/16 09:46 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Elliot and Mickey as an animator will be mine. I'm on the fence about one or two others, but those are must haves.

#297560 - 07/12/16 09:21 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

There are several that I really "need". :-) But I will definitely wait for the sale as these prices seem high.

Angela

#297561 - 07/12/16 09:25 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

Elliot is the only one I'm tempted to purchase right now. The rest of them, unfortunately, don't do much for me.

#297563 - 07/12/16 09:38 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: oddsbodkins]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Friends & Family should be coming SOON. 25% off.

Starts tomorrow for Disney Visa Card holders. Yay.

I'll probably go ahead and get Elliot, Peter Pan & the Darling Children and Si & Am. And Donald on the train.

Not sure what else at this time. But definitely those.

#297622 - 07/14/16 09:03 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

The Friends and Family sale starts today for non-Disney card holders as well. I am going to consider a couple of these. However, I prefer the non-personalized ones. Even with the 25% discount, the ornaments are $12.71 each.

Angela

#297623 - 07/14/16 09:11 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Not sure what I want yet. I'll probably wait till they add more ornaments and then have a two-fer sale.

#297631 - 07/14/16 01:18 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Was tempted by Elliot, but like others, decided to wait for the non-personalized ones.

Lady and the Tramp Art of Disney sold out. I tried to order one yesterday but although it wasn't sold out, it also wouldn't load the page when hitting the shop now button, so I figured it would be sold out. Couldn't find the parachuting army guy from Toy Story, so that may have sold out as well.

I picked up a few others. I like the 25% off sale. Hopefully they'll extend it one more day and let us use it Monday!

#297632 - 07/14/16 01:35 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*
Was tempted by Elliot, but like others, decided to wait for the non-personalized ones.

They're actually all non-personalized with optional personalization for an extra $5.95 an ornament.

Very sad the army man's gone. If the Jungle Book pre-sale was offering $10 off $40 for pre-ordering it, I'd go ahead and order it along with a few ornaments. But, they're not offering the $10 off $40. I can get the movie cheaper in a store.

I did forget that they had Loungefly, and I was looking at an Alice purse that Loungefly makes a few days ago. The one the Disney Store website has is cuter, and it qualified for the 25% off. Which is great, so I bought that along with the Donald Duck ornament (so cute) and the Si and Am.

It would be awesome if they'd extend the sale through Monday though.

#297769 - 07/18/16 08:14 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, it's after midnight in the UK, so it's Tuesday there, and Tuesday is when they put up new products on their Disney Store website (fun fact, since in the US, it's Monday).

So, they got way more ornaments put up then we did. We have 13 of the Sketchbook line up, they have more than 50.

They have some things we haven't seen including the new online exclusive! I have to have this one:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/belle-village-outfit-christmas-decoration-465064315840.html

I added pictures to my Sketchbook album if you don't want to go to the website and navigate it:
Sketchbook Album

#297784 - 07/19/16 07:33 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I like the Nemo/Dory in the coffee pot ornament. Hope they update the US site soon.

#297851 - 07/22/16 07:34 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got my first order today from last Friday with Si and Am and the Donald Duck ornament!

Very pleased! I love that the fish in the fish bowl on the Si & Am ornament is on a spring. Sculpt's are great and both have flocking. My Donald has two small paint chip problems. Not sure if I'll fix it. Not going to bother going through returning it though since they're minimal. Just check your ornaments carefully if this matters to you.

#297878 - 07/23/16 04:05 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
I think I will hold off on ordering any until they have more up on their site. I may just hold off and get them at the Disney Store since they always have them on sale. Shouldn't be too long.

#298015 - 07/25/16 02:30 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Elliot from Pete's Dragon is really cool. The lower part of him (tail) is pretty transparent and the upper part is very opaque. It does a subtle blending between the two throughout his body.

The Peter Pan with the Darling Children at Big Ben is a disappointment. In general it looks like a great ornament but I just got a cruddy version of it. I'm going to look for these when they hit the store and see about trading it in for a better paint/mold job. Peter Pan is seriously crosseyed and Michael's face is badly molded - he is pretty deformed.

I like Cinderella waking up much better than I anticipated. I think the angle of the photo on the site isn't very flattering.

Love the flocking on Si and Am, but wish the base wasn't covered in glitter. Glitter and flocking don't go great together, the glitter will flake off and end up where you don't want it on the flocking. Nice sculpt though, and I like getting readily identifiable characters that are more obscure.

#298017 - 07/25/16 02:53 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I like Cinderella waking up much better than I anticipated. I think the angle of the photo on the site isn't very flattering.

I just got mine today, and she was bigger than I thought. Very nice to see something "different" for Cinderella.

Oh, and I got the Alice ornament today too. Alice looks a bit weird. Not as weird as she does in the picture. Doorknob looks fab, which is the reason I bought it, so I'm happy. Cheshire Cat looks good too (should have been the White Rabbit). Overall, I'm happy with it. It's something different. Though, if they ever want to reissue the tumbling Alice, I'm all for that. Can't find it on ebay.

The Big Ben ornament is very low on details for the Darling children. I tried to mention that in my review on the Disney Store website. They're tiny and not as detailed as they would be if larger. Now, the Peter Pan on mine wasn't cross-eyed (that I can remember). The major draw of the ornament for me was getting all three of the Darling children together with Peter Pan, and it looks lovely on a tree since the ornament's mostly gold.

Wish they had put more ornaments up today. frown But, the UK site took all of their ornaments down (I checked a few links).

Oh, and I love my Tigger & Piglet mugs! Now, I have the whole set, and their prices went up, so I'm happy with my sale. Glad I thought to check them last Monday.

#298022 - 07/25/16 05:25 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

Had to call Disney to see what was up with my order since the Generic Error prompt is still popping up when I attempt to track my shipment. I was told it went out today UPS. I feel fortunate to get my order since, on their FB page, there are many who receive the same alert and have to get credit card charges reversed because their charges cleared but they didn't have the inventory. Yeesh!

#298033 - 07/26/16 08:21 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Vixen Offline

I received my PP & the Darling Children ornament last Friday. The paint job is less than magical, but I'm pleased to have this ornament!

#298049 - 07/26/16 12:21 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Vixen]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Peter Pan Clock Tower. One good paint job, even the children not bad. One cross-eyed Peter Pan.

The Animator Mickey. Mickey has flocking.

Si & Am. One of them has a broken tail.

Parks Exclusive Entrance to WDW with Santa Mickey and Mrs. Santa Minnie . . . Minnie broken off base and one snowball broken off base.

Don't recall IF it has been mention Donald on the train locomotive . . . Donald has flocking.

Still need to open a couple of duplicates.

I agree Alice's face is a little much/strange but facing the door it won't be overly noticeable hanging on the tree.

Pete's Dragon nice. Having trouble getting back in styrofoam, afraid off breaking it.

Also received Cinderella from the series. Yay another series completed. I'll venture to say I liked the first series better than the second but the second series does have a few special pieces.

#298052 - 07/26/16 12:41 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I, too, had trouble getting Pete's Dragon back into the styrofoam.

About your damaged ornament: the last time that happened to me I simply took a photo on my camera and emailed it to their customer service address. For one of the broken items they still had product in stock and shipped a replacement, for the other they were out of stock and issued a credit. So much easier than sending it back through the mail and awaiting their response. Just include your order number and the stock number and name of the ornament.

#298056 - 07/26/16 02:41 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

For my broken Mr. Toad, I just contacted them through the website. They got back to me within 24 hours, told me to throw it away, and sent me a new one. The Mr. Toad had wires in his body that were exposed with the breaking.

Still debating on Pete's Dragon...I have the Disney Parks one and love it...hmm... There are just so many coming up that I definitely want...

#298058 - 07/26/16 03:01 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I called. Sending replacements for Si and Am, the Entrance the WDW and the bad paint job on Peter Pan.

They told me to toss the broken/bad ones.

I told her IF they want me to send them back to send me a call tag and she said, no just toss them. I told her I could probably glue Minnie & the snowball back on but I thought for a 20+ dollar ornament I shouldn't have to and she agreed.

Bed Bath & Beyond made me go thru the sending a photo deal with a cracked Fiestware Platter, replacement was bad, next replacement was bad . . . so will return to store this time and get a refund. So they've paid shipping 5 times now, original, 1st replacement, return original, 2nd replacement, return 2nd replacement. As original order was free shipping. I still couldn't believe they had me return the 1st as it was literally cracked in half horizontal the 13 1/2" all the way across and they had a photo of it. Won't order from them again. I order online for convenience not to be hassled by customer service unpacking and repacking packages repeatedly.

#298063 - 07/26/16 06:14 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Bed Bath & Beyond made me go thru the sending a photo deal with a cracked Fiestware Platter, replacement was bad, next replacement was bad . . . so will return to store this time and get a refund. So they've paid shipping 5 times now, original, 1st replacement, return original, 2nd replacement, return 2nd replacement. As original order was free shipping. I still couldn't believe they had me return the 1st as it was literally cracked in half horizontal the 13 1/2" all the way across and they had a photo of it. Won't order from them again. I order online for convenience not to be hassled by customer service unpacking and repacking packages repeatedly.

I've never ordered from them before online. Seems stupid they'd want the broken stuff back. They can't resell it. I understand why companies want people to send back clothes that don't fit, wrong item sent, and changed your mind purchases, but broken is just stupid.

Good to know their online service is poor and returns are a hassle.

#298082 - 07/28/16 08:53 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

UPS lost my package with Humphrey and, of course, they're sold out of Humphrey again. Refund issued... GRRRRRRR

#298090 - 07/28/16 10:37 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Don't lose hope. We've been having an issue with UPS lately. They delivered a package here for a previous owner. We took it back to UPS to either return to the sender or get the proper address and deliver again. A few days later the same package shows up on our doorstep (a little more worse for wear) with big letters ADDRESSEE UNKNOWN written on it. Sigh. Back it'll go. So you never know, your Humphrey may show up.
I also had the post office lose a Hallmark box for something like seven months and then they finally found it.

#298101 - 07/28/16 11:34 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

Usually, UPS is aces for me as we're the first stop on their route. But, the Chicago depot it's lost in is like one of Dante's levels of Hell.

If it doesn't show by Monday, Disney will refund me. I opened a case with UPS and they're trying to locate it already. Fingers crossed!

#298112 - 07/28/16 04:53 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I hope they find it for you!

I had a Disney Store package stolen after UPS dropped it off. It was the Cinderella Coach ornament for the live action movie, and they had to issue me a refund since it had sold out. Just so happened, USPS dropped off a package from Amazon less than thirty minutes after UPS dropped off the Disney Store one, so my theory was that the postal worker took the Disney Store package since A. why would a thief leave the Amazon package if they were already going to steal the Disney Store one? and B. too little time in between, most likely was the postal worker.

Needless to say after that, I used the UPS (and FedEx) package holding service. Can't get the USPS one to work since it keeps swearing I'm answering questions wrong on the "verify identity" page. Now, the Disney Store packages I order always come USPS. Great...

#298788 - 08/15/16 04:05 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Okay, we've got more Sketchbook ornaments up! They added some we didn't know about: a light up BB-8, Rey, light up Kylo Ren, and Elena of Avalor musical ornament. The newest monthly Sketchbook ornament collection launched today (separate topic if you want to check it out). And the Belle in the blue dress exclusive is limited to 3000 worldwide. We're missing the Frozen singing one. Can't remember if we're missing anything else. Wish they'd put it up since it's a two-sided ornament, and the UK site just pictures one side.

Apparently, there is no difference in price from ornaments that do nothing to light up ornaments to musical ornaments. They're all $16.95. But the Belle variant ornament is $19.95. Just like the past variant ornaments. At least this variant has a totally different sculpt. Usually they just change the colors of the ornament.

Fun fact: Elena of Avalor recently went through her princess coronation at the Parks. So, she's officially a Disney Princess. Other fun fact: Elsa and Anna are not official Disney Princesses.

Here's something to ponder: Will we see a Moana ornament closer to the release of the film like we did for "The Good Dinosaur" last year? My guess is yes.

Edited to add info about Kylo Ren ornament (it was early in the morning, and I overlooked it) as well as to add the Frozen singing ornament isn't up yet.

Edited by luckdragon (08/15/16 02:18 PM)

#298794 - 08/15/16 09:23 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

There are quite a few ornaments, but I am going to try to wait for the sale. I really like the Up ornament and the WTP as well as Olaf. Those are very adorable! I will buy the new series as I really like the first one and I like the pins.

Angela

#298795 - 08/15/16 09:33 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Ouch !!!!

Too many I want.... Don't know how I'm going to afford them.

Not sure about the current sale..... $20 off if you spend $100 with free shipping. That's around $13.50 if you buy 6.

#298807 - 08/15/16 10:56 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon

Fun fact: Elena of Avalor recently went through her princess coronation at the Parks. So, she's officially a Disney Princess. Other fun fact: Elsa and Anna are not official Disney Princesses.

I just so happened to catch that, I think it was on Twitter last week, in front of the Castle . . . I think somebody had posted a "periscope" for the ceremony.

#298808 - 08/15/16 11:31 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm no expert on Disney Princesses, but I think it's getting way out of hand. Way too many.

I only recognize four Disney Princesses: Snow White, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, & Belle/Beauty & the Beast.

#298809 - 08/15/16 11:34 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I ordered a few. 20% is 20%. Previous years when they were 12.95 and they'd have 10.00 sale was only slightly better than 20%.

There were several I don't want to miss so went ahead and ordered. Might do another order this afternoon but wanted to get that first one done just in case the new monthly sells out quicker than several in recent months have NOT sold out.

Oh p.s. on one of the Disney Parks ornaments, the entrance to WDW with Santa Mickey and Minnie . . . Three Times . . . all broken so I have given up on this ornament. Even Disney said three shipments is their limit . . . I was like good, I'm done. First Mickey's Santa hat end/white ball part broken off and Minnie unglued from base. Second, Minnie's nose broken off. Third, Mickey's nose broken off. Cute ornament but three strikes I'm done.

#298810 - 08/15/16 11:36 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike

I'm no expert on Disney Princesses, but I think it's getting way out of hand. Way too many.

I only recognize four Disney Princesses: Snow White, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, & Belle/Beauty & the Beast.

I consider the original three, "classic" Disney Princesses but now I also consider Belle and Ariel. Ariel has been around longer than Belle.

#298831 - 08/15/16 06:27 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Vixen Offline

I've been checking the Disney site on the daily...was excited to see the ornament count up today!! I ordered the Up House, Enchanted Rose and Belle variant for now. I plan to purchase more with future promotions/sales.

Incredibly happy to finally add The Enchanted Rose to my collection:) I had listed the Up House on my Hallmark hopes/wishes list...the Sketchbook ornament is exactly how I envisioned it!

#298832 - 08/15/16 06:32 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh, just a heads up with news from the UK site: The Frozen singing ornament sold out already. It hasn't made its way to the US site yet. I'm hoping it's not an exclusive overseas.

In other news, I'm super duper excited because I found a seller selling the Alice Sketchbook ornament of Alice in the chair with the Mad Hatter and March Hare for $19.95 plus shipping! laugh laugh laugh So happy to find it for that price! Just stumbled across it when I was checking to see if sellers already listed the new monthly ornament. Remember folks to check ebay every once in a while for ornaments you're looking for. I'm trying to avoid ebay now that I see we're in for another year of limited Sketchbooks. That resolve didn't even make it 24 hours...

#298839 - 08/15/16 09:09 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

While trying to up my order today, I went ahead and ordered Pete's Dragon, the Up House, and Basil of Baker Street as well as one of the Star Wars park poster mugs.

There are some others I'm thinking about, but this was enough to hit the threshhold for the promos today.

#298849 - 08/16/16 12:53 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Just catching wind of this now and placed my order. Well, two of them. Haha.

I placed two orders as close to $100 as possible to maximize discount on each using SAVE20 for the $20 off, then SHIPMAGIC for free shipping. Picked up the Sketchbook Mickey and Beanstalk, Belle variant limited, the light up Enchanted Rose (#1 on my I want it list from the previous editions), lighted BB-8, a musical Belle, the UP house.

After getting the bill for the Hallmark comic con exclusives and now this, plus expense to attend Hallmark signing, I think I've over-extended myself. But oh, what ornament joy!

#298913 - 08/17/16 07:44 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

I'm hoping the Vanessa ornament pops up soon, I want that one badly!

#298944 - 08/18/16 05:09 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Bummed !!!
I got an email a couple days ago from Coupon Cabin that the Disney Store SAVE20 promo was extended till 8/18, so today I went to buy my Beanstalk Mickey and five of the Sketchbook ornaments, but the promo code didn't work. All the CS rep at the Disney Store would say was "I'm sorry that code is expired".

No couppy, no order !!!

#298961 - 08/19/16 05:07 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: DDCakes]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: DDCakes
I'm hoping the Vanessa ornament pops up soon, I want that one badly!

Me too! That one's high up on my list. So creative! I also want the Frozen singing ornament since I like that depiction better than Hallmark's.

Just waiting for the sale...

Tomorrow, I should get Mickey and the Beanstalk as well as the Belle variant! laugh My Alice in Wonderland ornament showed up from ebay today (a day earlier than the USPS site said). It's sooo cute! My new favorite Alice ornament.

#298976 - 08/20/16 06:17 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

I'm holding off on ordering until I head to the Disney Store in a couple of weeks. I'll see what kind of deal they have this year. And, if they don't have some that I want that are on the website, they'll order them for me and I get free shipping. I'm looking at a couple of dozen of them so I really don't want to order that many online.

#299030 - 08/23/16 08:40 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Still waiting for a new promo code. Maybe next week ...

#299031 - 08/23/16 10:25 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

The Finding Dory sketchbook boxed set is on sale 40% off with the code BONUS40 at checkout. Regularly $59.95 for the set of five, it is now $35.97. Also on sale is Lock, Shock, and Barrel from Nightmare Before Christmas. Normally $22.99, on sale for $13.79. It has a 4 star review rating, but almost every review mentions breakage, either in shipping or shortly afterwards. There are a few Disney Shoe ornaments on sale as well, but I think that's it for ornaments. Lots of other stuff (like t-shirts) in the 40% off sale.

#299037 - 08/23/16 06:40 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

My box arrived and I'm really pleased for the most part with these ornaments. The light up BB-8 from Star Wars is highly detailed. Belle singing at the fountain is really fabulous. Mickey and the Beanstalk was well done (surprised it didn't come in the outer shipping carton like these usually do). A little disappointed in the stem and leaves for the Enchanted Rose (it really looks like cheapo plastic) but LOVE everything else about that ornament. Everything was well packed and for the first time in eons I didn't have something break in shipping.

#299040 - 08/23/16 11:04 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

You're making me want to buy those ornaments. I don't need them. I don't need them. I don't need them....

#299051 - 08/25/16 12:58 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

My ornaments arrived today. I absolutely love them. I still wish they weren't quite so big, but I think these might be some of the best Disney Store ornaments yet.

#299060 - 08/26/16 08:32 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

New promo code SAVEMORE
15% off $50
20% off $75
25% off $100
Free shipping
Expires Sunday 8/28

I got my Beanstalk Mickey and 5 Sketchbook ornaments.
There a few more I want to get, but will wait for another sale later in the year.

#299435 - 09/07/16 07:38 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

On Saturday I received my order.

Mickey & the Beanstalk, Toy Story, Black Widow, Rey, BB-8 all looked great, but my Finding Dory was broken. Her tale was broken off inside the coffee pot. Not an easy fix, so I contacted the Disney Store and they are sending me a new one.

#299449 - 09/07/16 10:17 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Bummer! Hope the replacement arrives in one piece.

#299453 - 09/08/16 09:50 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

On Saturday I received my order.

Mickey & the Beanstalk, Toy Story, Black Widow, Rey, BB-8 all looked great, but my Finding Dory was broken. Her tale was broken off inside the coffee pot. Not an easy fix, so I contacted the Disney Store and they are sending me a new one.

Another broken Finding Dory here. Nemo and Marlin were just flopping around in the coffee pot and were broken off the "stem" they were suppose to be on. Disney is sending a replacement.

#299455 - 09/08/16 12:28 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I thought about trying to open up the coffee pot and glueing the fin/tale on, but decided to just get a replacement.

Replacement shipment is due middle of next week.

#299456 - 09/08/16 12:30 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: carstairs38]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: carstairs38
Bummer! Hope the replacement arrives in one piece.

Yeah, that would be a bummer if a second one arrived broken. Hope this isn't going to be one of those "always breaking" ornaments.

#299547 - 09/14/16 04:24 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

My Finding Dory arrived Monday in good shape. Yay.

After 3 strikes with the WDW Entrance Santa Mickey/Minnie ornament . . . I was very glad the replacement was a.o.k. the first try.

#299548 - 09/14/16 04:28 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

My Finding Dory arrived today and looks great. Nothing on it is broke. Yay... as well !!!

#299550 - 09/14/16 05:36 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Glad they got everyone's replacements to them okay!

It's one of the biggest downsides to having to resort to ordering from the Disney Store website instead of having a brick and mortar store: we can't pick out the best paint jobs and make sure the items aren't broken.

I'm hoping they'll have the annual sale price (even if it's not $10 this year) starting on Monday. If they'll kindly put up the ornaments they don't have yet, that would be great. Though, I read the reviews on the UK site for the Frozen singing ornament for "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" and the reviewers say that it's not the original singers. That's interesting since Disney usually will use their original voice recordings. The reviewers both say it's even different words to the song... I wonder if that's why it "sold out" within a couple of days on that site and hasn't been back and why it isn't on the US site. Maybe they're going to fix it.

Also, learning from the reviews, it seems like the Ariel singing ornament plays the same sound byte from the ornament last year. Anyone have this ornament yet and can confirm this? Anyone have the Rapunzel singing ornament who also has the 2014 Rapunzel singing ornament? I'm wondering if they are using the same clip too. I'll skip the Ariel since I like last year's sculpt much better if they're the same. I'll skip the Rapunzel too for the same reason if it's the same clip or one of the same (that 2014 ornament plays 2 clips).

#299551 - 09/14/16 05:53 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm hoping I can stay away from buying anymore Disney Store ornaments until November, but the chances of that happening are slim especially if they run a great sale.

#299568 - 09/15/16 10:54 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

There will be at least one Star Wars Rogue One sketchbook ornament released on 9/30, which is this years Star Wars Force Friday.

There goes not buying anything until November !!!

#299569 - 09/15/16 11:07 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

There will be at least one Star Wars Rogue One sketchbook ornament released on 9/30, which is this years Star Wars Force Friday.

The Rogue One ornament is a Death Trooper.

#299646 - 09/19/16 09:00 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
oddsbodkins Offline

The Rogue One ornament is a Death Trooper.

Oh yeah!

#299794 - 09/26/16 07:55 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They added more ornaments! Still no Vanessa/Ursula*, Mickey/Minnie in the car, or Frozen singing. But for the Sketchbook line, they added the annual Mickey/Minnie in a glass dome, the frilly princess collection (where you can buy the ten Disney princesses excluding Merida in a collection; Disney doesn't consider Elsa/Anna as part of the Disney Princess line btw), and some ball ornament sets including "The Nightmare Before Christmas" for those that love Halloween ornaments.

Sadly, no sale. I was hopeful since they went on sale on the last Monday in September last year.

Also, they finally added the official Christmas page to where you can browse through the Christmas items! They call it "holiday," but it's Christmas, let's face facts here:
https://www.disneystore.com/holiday/mn/1000882/

I love the new Disney Parks plush ornaments they added! I love the Eeyore one, but $16.99...that seems really high for what they are, so I checked to see if it mentioned organic material or something. Nope. It does say that's a tweed print. No, that's called houndstooth. Thumper does have a tweed print.

There are also some jumping jack ornaments. These plush and jumping jack ornaments must be new for 2016 since I've seen zero on ebay. So, they must be releasing new items to the Christmas stores in the Parks. But, I wish our Parks got the ornaments that Disneyland Paris got. Their woodland collection's gorgeous and has "Brother Bear," "The Fox and the Hound," "Brave," "Bambi," and "Frozen." I really want the Copper/Todd ornament, but the prices people are asking on ebay are turning me away. Especially combined with the shipping.

*I have seen ebay sellers in America selling this ornament, so it must be in the stores and may eventually show up online.

#299797 - 09/26/16 08:30 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Lot's of new items this a.m. I added a few to my cart but won't order until the next "deal".

I did place an order last night with the save20 code. A pair of the Magic Kingdom lounge pants (pj bottoms) for Sarah & I . . . and another of the Mickey with the quote sweatshirts with the hidden pockets (so soft) and love the hidden pockets. For a few little surprise "gifts" on our trip. I have to come up with something for Steven though, at 19 he is harder to buy for . . . maybe something Super Hero/Marvel???

#299860 - 09/29/16 07:14 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

The 4 Star Wars Sketchbook ornaments are on sale...probably since tomorrow is The Force Friday...

Anyway, they're 25% off.

You can also see a preview of the Death Trooper ornament on the UK site:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/rogue-one-full-range.html

I went ahead and ordered Rey, Belle singing Sketchbook, Enchanted Rose sketchbook, a Sadness nightshirt (on sale too), and pre-ordered Finding Dory so I could use my $10 off $40 since I don't think the Sketchbook ornaments will go on sale before the 2nd is over. frown But at least Rey was on sale! That was one I was planning to buy, and I don't mind paying the higher prices for the music ornament and I've wanted the rose for so long, that that doesn't bother me either. Hopefully by the time Peter and the Wolf comes out, the ornaments will be on sale.

BTW, the "Finding Dory" $10 off $40 code is going to be in the range for the expected release date for Lambert the Lion. So, if you need are planning on buying the blu-ray anyway as well as Lambert the Lion's ornament and/or pin, it might be worth pre-ordering it.

#299877 - 09/29/16 11:44 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

The Imperial Death Trooper ornament is up:
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...410360/1000344/

It's not 25% off. The other Star Wars Sketchbook ornaments are 25% off though, and you get free shipping with a Star Wars item.

There is a small window right now where you can still save 25% off the Parks items too btw. I decided to go ahead and buy one of the plush ornaments (the Brave bears since I don't have those characters and the ornament looks adorable) and I popped Rey's Speeder in there since it's 70% off retail, and I can donate it to Toys for Tots. I want to see how good the plush ornaments are. I may buy more during Friends and Family weekend.

The window for the Parks 25% off will probably end at midnight PST.

If you are near a Park, it looks like a bunch of new Parks Star Wars ornaments were released too. I've seen a few new ones on ebay like this C-3PO.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Parks-3CPO-Star-Wars-Ornament-Christmas-Holiday-NEW-/172358663471
Frustrating that the seller is calling it 3CPO. I really hope that's a typo and not just someone who has no interest in these films or characters trying to just make a quick buck.

#299897 - 09/30/16 05:29 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Went to the Disney Store today and picked up about two dozen ornaments. I was surprised to see the Mickey and Minnie in the antique car ornament.

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/mickey-and-minnie-mouse-christmas-decoration-465064243815.html

I had to pick up one of those. I'll probably head back in a few weeks to pick up some more.

#299899 - 09/30/16 05:43 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Are they full price in the store or are they on sale?

If it helps, that Mickey/Minnie ornament is from the cartoon, "The Nifty Nineties."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6yvEyfy-08

The UK site just rarely mentions what anything's from. So frustrating.

I'm hoping that one as well as the Vanessa ornament will show up soon. Did you see the singing "Frozen" ornament? If you did, is it the original track of the song that it plays? Or is it the karaoke CD version the Hallmark one plays?

#299905 - 09/30/16 08:35 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Yep, knew it was from "The Nifty Nineties." I'm a big fan of all of the Disney cartoons. I have all of the Walt Disney Treasures sets from several years ago. I was just was keeping it kind of generic for people who don't know.

They did have the Vanessa ornament which I also picked up.

They were full price with the exception of the Star Wars ornaments which, like everything else Star Wars related, were 25% off.

They had pretty much everything that is on the Disney Store site with the exception of the ornament sets. They may have had them but I didn't look for them. I didn't pay much attention to any of the princess ornaments since I have so many versions of them already. Sorry. Someone was playing "The Little Mermaid" one while I was there. That sounded like the movie but, with people talking and the loud Disney music playing, I couldn't hear it that well.

I'll probably go back in a couple of weeks since they usually add more, if past history holds.

#299906 - 09/30/16 08:39 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

I received my beauty and the beast set and belle's hand was snapped off. Really dislike having to call customer service. They told me it's now sold out and they will issue a refund once they receive it back. But they can't send me an RMA for 2 to 3 business days for some reason. Then I find the set online and call them back. I give them the number of the item which is different from the number on the order form. They put the item on my order, but I am not sure if I will actually receive it because I have to wait for the RMA and then I have to ship it back. I am afraid it will sell out before then.

#299909 - 09/30/16 09:33 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Man, it's a shame her arm was broken. Especially since they seemed to really wait to send out the ornaments. Limited items should be shipped ASAP so they can try to please as many people as possible if something does arrive broken (the customer can find out quicker and get an exchange in the works). I did find an error on one of mine. My peasant Belle is missing some of the top of her book and it was painted flesh color on top of where it was missing, so it happened in the mold process. No broken pieces in the box. It's not especially noticeable, so I'm not going to report it. Picture:

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zccwgo.jpg
Since I missed it the first inspection, I figure it's there only if you know to look for it.

Can you order another set, pick through the sets for the best ornaments (might as well) and send back the set with the broken ornament? That might be faster. But expensive on your card in the meantime.

I'm guessing most of this happened in the boxing stage for these ornaments and feel lucky mine has her arm. I'll keep the cropped book instead of having a broken arm. I can probably fix the book with a thin piece of cardboard or foam and a bit of colored paper on it. Or I can wait for someone on ebay to sell the ornaments individually. The Art of Aurora ornaments show up individually all the time, especially Maleficent and Aurora. My theory is that people with the sets had issues with the delicate fairies breaking and just sell those two ornaments.

#300132 - 10/03/16 04:06 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They're on sale! $12 each when you buy two or more. The little banner advertising the sale isn't working, but it works when you put them in the cart. You also get free shipping today with the code freeship.

The Belle variant counts too. Naturally. I can't remember if Jasmine counted last year when the sale first started or if she counted later, but the web exclusives didn't used to count.

I'm going to go ahead and order Up, Robin Hood/Maid Marian, and Basil/Dawson. Saving five for when Peter and the Wolf comes out to get free shipping then. Hoping that Vanessa/Ursula will be available by then.

#300137 - 10/03/16 07:50 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I ordered the Star Wars Death Trooper and the Belle/wishing well ornaments.

#300149 - 10/03/16 10:23 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: tiggerfan]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: tiggerfan
I received my beauty and the beast set and belle's hand was snapped off. Really dislike having to call customer service. They told me it's now sold out and they will issue a refund once they receive it back. But they can't send me an RMA for 2 to 3 business days for some reason. Then I find the set online and call them back. I give them the number of the item which is different from the number on the order form. They put the item on my order, but I am not sure if I will actually receive it because I have to wait for the RMA and then I have to ship it back. I am afraid it will sell out before then.

I called on a Monday to report my broken hand ornament (Belle with bird perched on hand). They said they would send replacement and have broken set picked up by UPS but to not put out until next day. Put out and no pickup . . . so around 7, our UPS guy usually never comes that late unless it is Dec. I brought back in the house. Put back out on Wed. He finally came around 7. Gave me receipt as I left door open and had set back inside since it was getting late and I was afraid he wasn't going to show up that day either.

In meantime, I called back the Disney Store on Wed during the day asking for tracking number of replacement. Said oh no, we won't ship until we see broken set is on way back then replacement will automatically ship. The item arrived back @ Disney on Thurs. FAST. By Monday, a week later from initial call, still no shipping email or status online . . . so I called yet again . . . put on hold while she called shipping department to get it released. Argh. So this is like the 3rd phone call. On the second call when told "oh no it is reserved but won't be released" line . . . I offered to pay for replacement and then they credit me upon receipt of broken set . . . oh no that isn't necessary . . . but I still had to call this time to get them to release it 5 days AFTER they had received it.

Argh. What a pain. Kinda ticks me off. As much as I order and have ordered over the years, they are NOT giving me the benefit of the doubt on handling a 129.00 order/replacement issue. Please.

I may still email customer service or call again on it as after this many phone calls and dropped balls on handling it on their end . . . they should have stepped up, last one said she would upgrade the shipping to 3 day shipping as I said I was leaving town on Friday . . . nope it still arrived Fed Ex Smart Post, slowest service around, and it arrived on Saturday while we were gone.

#300151 - 10/03/16 11:49 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Happy to report second set looks PERFECT. No flaws whatsoever. While it was a hassle . . . glad replacement set was perfect.

While some repairs are feasible . . . Belle's hand with the bird would have been darn near impossible to repair to a near flawless appearance.

Whew.

#300165 - 10/03/16 02:24 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Happy to report second set looks PERFECT. No flaws whatsoever. While it was a hassle . . . glad replacement set was perfect.

While some repairs are feasible . . . Belle's hand with the bird would have been darn near impossible to repair to a near flawless appearance.

Whew.

Yay!

This is why I'm just dealing with the messed up book on my peasant Belle. It's a mold issue, not a break, so it's just "unique."

Disney Store is so slow shipping. I placed an order on Thursday for some stuff. I did another on Friday. Another today. Nothing's shipped yet. I miss UPS delivering. Could order the monthly ornament on Monday, and it usually arrived on Thursday with the cheapest shipping option. Now, it's usually the next Monday.

Meantime, I placed an order on Hallmark's website on Saturday, and the order has shipped today.

I think for these limited sets, they should have a few extra individual ornaments on hand where they could ship out a replacement if something arrives broken. I can tell you of the most shocking replacement story for me. I do collect some dolls, and it was probably 2-3 years ago. I bought some dolls, unboxed them, discovered the ring on a doll was missing (I had a picture of them I had taken while in box, and the ring wasn't on the doll's finger, so I hadn't lost it). I couldn't return them to the store, so I emailed Mattel asking if they had replacement rings so I could purchase a ring for the doll (after explaining the doll was missing the ring). They emailed me back within...2 hours or so, saying they didn't have any spare parts for that doll since it was such a new release. They said they were going to send me a new set of dolls instead. Keep in mind, I did not buy these dolls from Mattel. I bought them from a local store. The very next evening, the dolls arrived via UPS. They paid for overnight delivery. New doll had the ring (as well as a clear rubber band wrapped around her ring/hand/purse, unlike my doll that didn't have that band, more proof). I have small enough hands that I could slip my hand inside the box, remove the rubber band, slip the ring off, and take my hand out without damaging the packaging, so the dolls got donated to Toys for Tots. I feel a little bad that the dolls donated were missing a tiny accessory, but I wouldn't have felt right keeping the dolls. I've never had a company overnight something like that when it was bought from someone else.

#300167 - 10/03/16 03:07 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow. A+++++ Customer Service from Mattel.

Happy Ending~!

#300169 - 10/03/16 06:11 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They must have done the additions after I went to work. I see now they added Mary Poppins (same sculpt as last year) as well as a Sketchbook ornament set based on the animator dolls. I wouldn't mind having the set, but I feel like it'll have problems like the Tsum Tsum set, so I don't see it selling out anytime soon. Speaking of Tsum Tsums, if you liked the Tsum Tsum set last year, you can buy a new set this year, but it's not under the Sketchbook line name.

The Mickey's Christmas Carol figurine set is back too! I have it from last year, and it's pretty cute.

#300239 - 10/05/16 11:26 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

freeship code is back today. October 5th.

Not much new at all, maybe 2 items, on the New Arrivals page. No new ornaments.

#300243 - 10/05/16 12:33 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Do the stores also have the two for $12 each sale? If so, I may need to go back and pick up Vanessa from Little Mermaid. They only had one last week - it seems to be going fast and I'm worried it'll never make the site.

I needn't have been so worried about all the other sketchbook ornaments. I should have waited for the sale, as it is a significant savings (from $17 to $12 PER ornament). I think they are all still available, except for the Walt and Mickey statue, which weren't technically sketchbook but a parks exclusive.

This is a very expensive Disney ornament year for me. I'm really thrilled they are doing so many non-traditional characters, but it's going to hurt my pocket in the end.

#300285 - 10/07/16 04:21 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Alright folks, we have a really nice sale today! The Sketchbook ornaments are on sale for $10 this weekend. And you get an extra 20% off purchases of $75 or more, making them $8 each! That's more than 50% off retail!

I was going to save a bunch for my Pecos Bill order, but not anymore. I'm also buying the Moana classic doll since the doll looks good. Picked out: Gus/Jaq ball, Scrooge McDuck, Buzz/Woody/RC, Elliott, Elena of Avalor, Mowgli/Kaa, Chip/Dale, and Quasimodo/Esmeralda. I wasn't originally planning on buying Elliott, but your reviews have been great on the ornament. Chip/Dale was one that grew on me.

Now, if only Vanessa/Ursula would show up, I'd be a happy camper.

#300287 - 10/07/16 09:00 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

That is a great sale if you can get your total over $75. I will have to look to see if there are 8 ornaments I want to get.

#300297 - 10/07/16 10:26 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow. Didn't expect prices this low first week of October.

May have to finish up my 2016 Disney Sketchbook collection this weekend. Already have many . . . time to finish it up for the year unless a surprise release or two later down the road.

#300306 - 10/07/16 01:38 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow. Didn't expect prices this low first week of October.

Tell me about it. I'm going to try next year to wait for a Columbus Day sale, but I think I only paid full price on Si & Am and the "Out of Scale" Donald Duck ornament. And the limited Belle, but she doesn't count for the $10 sale (counted for the $12) though. Si & Am was still good for me at $16.95 because if I had found the original for that price, I would have snatched it up. Out of Scale's cute, no regrets!

Still waiting on Vanessa...and hopefully a Moana ornament in November. "The Good Dinosaur" got its ornament in November last year, so there is hope.

#300349 - 10/09/16 11:10 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

Woo hoo.. love the sale! I ordered a few of them tonight.

Angela

#300391 - 10/11/16 07:49 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I received my Belle(signing) and Death Trooper ornaments yesterday. Both look great.

I like the current sale, just don't have any available funds to buy more.

#300406 - 10/12/16 01:44 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Gee, I didn't know Belle knew ASL, JV!! smile

I went to the site last night and got the following for 20% off and FREE SHIPPING:
Enchanted Rose Light-Up Sketchbook Ornament
Belle Singing Sketchbook Ornament
Robin Hood and Marian Sketchbook Ornament
Basil and Dawson Sketchbook Ornament
Alice in Wonderland Sketchbook Ornament
Up House Sketchbook Ornament
Peter Pan and Darling Children Sketchbook Ornament
Rapunzel Singing Sketchbook Ornament
Edna Mode Talking Sketchbook Ornament
Pecos Bill Limited Release Sketchbook Ornament
Quasimodo and Esmeralda Sketchbook Ornament

Alice in Wonderland Figure Play Set (To make other orns of)
Minnie Mouse Ear Headband - Leopard Print
Sorcerer Mickey Mouse Ear Headband (For D23 Expo 2017)
Ariel Tee for Women

We lost our local Disney Store (10 mins away) without any advance warning! We took the elevator up, turned the corner and the store space was totally empty! So now I'll have to order things online more, unfortunately!

Thanks again for letting us know about the sales!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#300411 - 10/12/16 08:07 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Karen W2]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Karen W2
We lost our local Disney Store (10 mins away) without any advance warning! We took the elevator up, turned the corner and the store space was totally empty! So now I'll have to order things online more, unfortunately!

Thanks again for letting us know about the sales!

That's how it was where I live. No "store closing" signs, nothing. That happened in 2008. The neighboring city lost theirs at that time too. I wish they would bring the store back.

You're welcome for the notice about the sales! If anyone's interested in personalizing the ornaments, there's free personalization right now. From what I've heard, the personalization is bad on the ornaments because the engraving is very light. Still, it's $5.95 to personalize them, so this is a good deal if you wanted to do it.

Karen, can you let me know what portion of that song the Rapunzel ornament sings? I don't understand why the singing dolls have their song clips on the website but the ornaments don't. I have the older singing Rapunzel and am curious if it plays one or both of the clips that one does. I'm also curious if it has the melody with it. The original doesn't. The Ariel singing ornament has the same clip from last year, so I'm passing on that one. The water looks neat, but I really like last year's sculpt better.

#300412 - 10/12/16 11:18 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Karen W2]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Gee, I didn't know Belle knew ASL, JV!! smile

grin laugh smile

#300413 - 10/12/16 11:56 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Uncle Scrooge is sold out. It is one of the few I saved to buy later . . . thinking it wouldn't sell out. Wrong.

So I didn't place an order as the few I needed with the 20% was basically the same as shipping since I didn't hit 75.00 after subtracting the 20%.

Will wait for more new items whether they be ornaments or not. We're going in December so trying to buy a few surprises for the kids who aren't kids anymore so harder to find appropriate items that they can use (household) or wear items.

Plus . . . I'm sure we'll find plenty in the Parks to splurge on . . . so except for an "extra" here or there of the Sketchbook ornaments . . . I'm done for 2016. Yay.

#300415 - 10/12/16 12:42 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Uncle Scrooge is sold out. It is one of the few I saved to buy later . . . thinking it wouldn't sell out. Wrong.

An ornament already sold out? Did any others sell out? I knew that Mickey and the Beanstalk had sold out.

I really was thinking that the Up house would sell out first...maybe the Enchanted Rose...

Definitely didn't think Scrooge McDuck would sell out. It's not even halfway through October. They must have underproduced it. Seriously, it had one maybe two reviews.

Edit: Si and Am as well as Chip 'n Dale are sold out too.

Edited by luckdragon (10/12/16 12:49 PM)

#300416 - 10/12/16 01:52 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I was hoping to buy Uncle Scrooge and SI and Am, around December when I was past all my Hallmark purchases. Oh well, might be done with Disney for this year.

#300421 - 10/12/16 03:06 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Scrooge was also one I was waiting on, partly because I already have the Hallmark version and like others, I figured it would be around longer.
I'm planning a trip to the store in the future (want to exchange my Peter Pan at Big Ben for a better paint job, and get Vanessa from Little Mermaid). I'd be willing to check to see if they have any of the sold out ornaments for those wanting them. Email me if there is something you want me to look for for you. Would be best if the shopping can be done on a day when they have a % off sale.

#300428 - 10/12/16 10:06 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

With the tie in of Scrooge to the still popular DuckTails, I'm actually not that surprised he sold out early. I don't know that I would have predicted it, but hear it, I can under stand why it happened.

#300445 - 10/14/16 05:46 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got my "big" order of Sketchbooks. Kind of disappointed that the Gus/Jaq ornament is on a plastic ball instead of a glass one like they've done in the past. It's pretty, but that was disappointing. I did submit a pretty scathing review since the site says it is made of glass and no one else has reviewed this ornament. Woody/Buzz on RC is a really cute size! I wish Woody didn't have that stupid expression, and the part of the rocket that you light was stuck through the ribbon, leaving a hole in the ribbon. The ornament though is cute. Mowgli/Kaa is great. Chip n Dale is an average Chip n Dale ornament. I still prefer the one based on "Pluto's Christmas Tree," but it is cute. I wasn't expecting the birds on the Quasimodo/Esmeralda ornament. Elena of Avalor's fine. I've never seen the show, so I can't say anything about it, but it's detailed and the sound was good. Scrooge was probably my favorite of the new ones. If someone has a Disney Store near them, definitely check him out. Elliott's great too.

Top 5 for the year for me (excluding the limited series): 1. Si and Am, 2. Basil/Dawson (even if I didn't need the characters, the sculpt is probably the most flawless of the year to me), 3. Enchanted Rose, 4. Belle singing, 5. Robin Hood/Maid Marian.

Come on Vanessa/Ursula! I hope it shows up on Monday with Peter and the Wolf. I also need Moana. The Moana doll is great! If anyone has a little girl to buy for this Christmas (or, you know, a doll/Disney enthusiast), I highly recommend her. I've seen the Hasbro dolls, and their face sculpt is good, but Disney's sculpt, skin tone (Hasbro is almost offensive Indian red), hair and clothing quality is much better. If history is to be repeated, future Moana dolls by the Disney Store under the classic line will not have as much attention to detail.

#300449 - 10/14/16 06:30 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Heads up folks, we have a Moana ornament spotting!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-201...s-/302107042162

Okay, Disney Store, I need this to become a reality on the website. And it sings! Yay! laugh laugh laugh

#300452 - 10/14/16 07:56 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Nice!!!

#300453 - 10/14/16 08:33 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I tell you, I could have sworn this was not on the website this morning:

https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...413987/1000344/

I even checked New Arrivals this morning. I guess they added it after 5 AM EST. I'll have to buy it when I buy Peter and the Wolf on Monday.

#300457 - 10/15/16 05:12 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
For whatever reasons, Disney split my order into 2 different packages and the tracker info showed them as coming Saturday and Tuesday. We had to do errands and when we got home, Barry said he was going to check our mail (we have one of those "Cluster Boxes" here, instead of a plain mailbox at the curb or by the front door), I asked if he could look to see if the Disney box came yet and he said he would.

About 2 seconds later, he calls out, "What in the world did you order?!", and as I already told him, I said ornaments and a couple of other things. He said I needed to see how they arrived! So I came in and there was a HUGE cardboard box, covering our doorstep area! It was gigantic and way bigger than what came inside - many of those blown-up plastic bag things, tissue paper, the invoice and the following:

1. Robin Hood and Maid Marion
2. Belle Singing at the well
3. Enchanted Rose Light-Up
4. Up House
5. Edna Mode Talking
6. Rapunzel Singing
7. Peter Pan & Darling Children
8. Alice in Wonderland

9. Alice in Wonderland Figure Play Set

I'm very happy to report all orns were in perfect shape and the singing and talking orns were VERY LOUD (wish they had a level control!).

I was surprised that Edna says 6 different things, Rapunzel sings her "schedule" from, "Polish and wax.." until, "Just wonder when will my life begin" and Belle sings about her favorite part of the story where Cinderella sees Prince Charming, but doesn't know it's him til Chapter 3!

So, now all I need to get so my order is complete is:

1. Basil and Dawson orn
2. Pecos Bill Limited Release orn
3. Quasimodo and Esmeralda orn

4. Minnie Mouse Ear Headband - Leopard
5. Sorcerer Mickey Mouse Ear Headband
6. Ariel Tee for Women

Since the tracking info said the first box would come Saturday and it came today, when do you think the other box that still shows Tuesday as the delivery date will show up?

And of course, after the order's placed, they put the Moana orn on the list! Since we got to meet and talk with the girl that plays Moana and Hyram Osmond (yes, Donny & Marie's nephew!) the Imagineer in charge of the animation for Moana, when we were at the Disney D23 Aulani Resort's 5th Anniversary Event, in Ko Olina, Oahu, we're definitely interested in the film. If all goes well, we'll be getting our Moana Reyn Spooner shirts tomorrow!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#300458 - 10/15/16 07:01 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Karen W2]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Rapunzel sings her "schedule" from, "Polish and wax.." until, "Just wonder when will my life begin"

Ah, so it's a modified version of what the original ornament sings. The original sings two song clips (no background music). First starts with: "And I'll read a book" and ends with "just wonder when will my life begin." The second clip starts with "And I'll reread the books" and ends with "and brush and brush my hair."

I'll probably buy her with the Moana singing ornament. Thanks, Karen! That was a big help for me.

#300572 - 10/19/16 07:36 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

If anyone is interested in the Vanessa ornament, there is a seller on ebay selling them for $22.70 and free shipping. I'm tired of the Disney Store dragging their feet, and I'm really not planning on another big order from them until the Lambert release. I don't want to keep waiting and hoping for it, and it is less than paying $16.95 plus tax plus $5.95 shipping on it, so I bit the bullet and bought one. It's the cheapest I've seen it on ebay, and I really want it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322299863290

I'm envious of those of you with a Disney Store. And my Monday order still hasn't shipped. *sighs*

#300576 - 10/19/16 10:14 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks, luckdragon. I was going to buy from this seller this past weekend and just didn't get around to it. Was hoping it would pop up on the Disney site Mon or Tues and here it is Wednesday, so I too, bought one from this seller tonight~! But last time I looked this weekend they were down to 1 . . . must have went to the store and bought some more inventory~!

#300620 - 10/22/16 08:54 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Sketchbook "regular" ornaments are 40% off (not the limiteds, of course) as well as the "Finding Dory" Sketchbook set. That one's 40% off. The Belle variant does count for 40% off. The ball ornament sets and the miniature ornament sets don't count. I'm not sure why the minis don't count. They should. I can't really see those as being that popular. I don't recall anyone here saying they liked them.

Chip 'n Dale is back in stock too.

Chip 'n Dale is very cute, but I still think the best ornament the Disney Store did for them was the one from "Pluto's Christmas Tree." The Santa candle scene, kind of like what Hallmark did this year.

#300629 - 10/22/16 06:18 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Looks like the only $16.95 not getting the 40% off special is Moana.

Wow, they are really tempting me, but I've placed three orders within 3 weeks. The boxes are just HUGE. But still, don't have the Dory sketchbook set and that's a pretty decent price... decisions, decisions.

#300645 - 10/23/16 08:26 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

40% is too good to pass up! Nabbed Olympic Goofy, Dopey and Chip & Dale. On the fence with Robin Hood but I'm holding out for other characters from that movie down the line.

#300647 - 10/23/16 10:18 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

updated the sell outs and back in stock on the post further below.

Edited by Diana* (11/10/16 11:02 AM)

#300649 - 10/23/16 12:07 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I think that is correct, Diana.

I had the Partners Statue ornament in my cart about a month or 6 weeks ago and poof it was gone again.

#300693 - 10/26/16 12:38 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Updating sell out list:

Removed from page and still sold out (for now) Sketchbook
Chip and Dale
Scrooge McDuck
Woody and Buzz on RC from Toy Story
Finding Dory with glass ball scene (briefly available 11/10)
Captain America shield
Jaq and Gus on the blue ball ornament
Mickey balloon
Spider-man
Up! House

Removed from page and still sold out (for now) Disney Parks
Walt and Mickey Partners Statue
Ursula from Little Mermaid

Never available online (in store only)
Mickey and Minnie in old-fashioned car
Vanessa from Little Mermaid

Was out of stock, now back online
Si and Am from Lady and the Tramp
Mary Poppins flying on umbrella

If you notice any of these coming back in stock online, please share. Also share is any get marked sold out online. Thanks!

Edited by Diana* (11/10/16 11:14 AM)
Edit Reason: updated 11/10

#300697 - 10/26/16 10:28 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

It's back - but hidden. Here's a link (and currently 25% off)

Partners Mickey and Walt statue
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...399774/1000344/

#300698 - 10/26/16 12:00 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Shows sold out for me. frown

#300701 - 10/26/16 04:37 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yep, you're right that they didn't have that Mickey/Minnie ornament online. Same for Vanessa. I do really like the Vanessa one and would have loved to have ordered it from the Disney Store website, but I was able to get it from ebay, so I'm okay. Luckily the seller had sense when packaging it. Some sellers...not so much.

I hope Si and Am's success will lead to another cat/fish bowl ornament I'd love to have: the Figaro/Cleo ornament from 2010.

#300712 - 10/27/16 02:59 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Shows sold out for me. frown

Well, that was the briefest listing ever. Drat.

#300713 - 10/27/16 03:01 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Yep, you're right that they didn't have that Mickey/Minnie ornament online. Same for Vanessa.
Do you know of any others found in store but not online?
I hope Si and Am's success will lead to another cat/fish bowl ornament I'd love to have: the Figaro/Cleo ornament from 2010.
That would be awesome.

#300717 - 10/27/16 09:52 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Yep, you're right that they didn't have that Mickey/Minnie ornament online. Same for Vanessa. I do really like the Vanessa one and would have loved to
I hope Si and Am's success will lead to another cat/fish bowl ornament I'd love to have: the Figaro/Cleo ornament have ordered it from the Disney Store website, but I was able to get it from ebay, so I'm okay. Luckily the seller had sense when packaging it. Some sellers...not so much.
from 2010.

I'm fairly certain I bought from same seller. Great packaging, fast shipping, glad to have bought.

#300719 - 10/27/16 11:13 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Do you know of any others found in store but not online?

Not that I'm aware. There was a musical Frozen ornament that sold out in one day on the Disney Store UK site. I've never seen it on ebay, and if you read the reviews, it sounds like they changed the song on it. Different singers and lyrics:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/elsa-and-anna-singing-christmas-decoration-frozen-465064229222.html

I wonder if it was yanked because of the song not being the original, and that's why it never hit US shelves.

I really hope this ornament comes out in 2017 with the correct words and the original singers. I wouldn't have bought it after reading those reviews regardless since I expect more from Disney. I haven't bought nor will I buy the Hallmark version of this ornament either since they use that weird cover from the Disney karaoke CD (according to Hallmark Consumer Care's response to a few reviews). Do it right or leave it silent.

Sketchbook ornaments are now $10 each if you buy two or more. Including the Moana singing ornament.

#300736 - 10/29/16 04:22 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Sketchbook ornaments are now $10 each if you buy two or more. Including the Moana singing ornament.
Did they change the sale price again? The site states $12 each when you buy two or more.

#300738 - 10/29/16 08:35 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I think it was part of the holiday preview sale. They went back to $12 yesterday.

#300748 - 10/29/16 02:46 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Darn, that was FAST.

#300842 - 11/02/16 06:19 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Current promo is 20% off $100 or more. Free shipping for $50 or more.

Woody and Buzz on RC has sold out on the website. Chalk that up to another I wasn't expecting to sell out early. If I had had to pick an ornament I thought would sell out first, I would have picked the Up house. I guess they produced a lot of that one maybe?

#300869 - 11/03/16 02:12 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I just received the Woody and Buzz on RC last week. It came in a HUGE box and then it was a tiny ornament! Lots of styrofoam packing on that one. It made me laugh to see the little ornament inside the giant square of foam.

My Rafiki arrived broken. Boo. But I liked the flocking on it and the ornament itself is pretty nifty, so I'm glad I ordered. I hope they can replace it.

I thought Chip 'N Dale were kind of meh. I like them as characters so was glad to get it on sale, but really nothing outstanding about that particular ornament and not worth the original price tag IMHO.

#300871 - 11/03/16 02:38 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, the box was oversized for that one. Great sculpt. Just wish Woody's face wasn't so awkward.

Mary Poppins sold out now.

Edited to add to sold out list:
Captain America shield
Jaq and Gus ball ornament
Mickey balloon
Spider-man
Up house (finally)

Edited by luckdragon (11/08/16 05:42 PM)

#300893 - 11/05/16 02:10 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Many (not all of the Sketchbook) are back down to $10 each. For instance, singing Ariel is on sale, singing Moana is not.

#300894 - 11/05/16 06:39 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
mtwnmk Offline

At the Disney Store, they were $12 but willing to price-match all ornaments in stock.

#300991 - 11/05/16 09:55 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

I saw they were down to ten bucks. I'll have to make another trip to the Disney Store tomorrow to pick up a few more. If they don't have some at the store that I want and they are online, they will order them for me at the store and have them shipped to my house with no cost for shipping. I did that last year for one that I wanted.

#301215 - 11/10/16 07:57 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Back up to $12 if you buy 2, but there is a friends and family 25% off purchase code bringing them down to $9.00.

Si and Am are back and available for sale.
Mary Poppins w/umbrella is back and available for sale.
Dory in the glass teardrop with the octopus on top was back (pictured) but marked sold out again shortly thereafter.
Up House pictured but marked sold out.

Scrooge McDuck is still out of sale.
Woody and Buzz on RC is still out.

Moana singing is part of the buy 2 get for $12 each sale.
Variant limited Belle (regularly $19.95) is also listed as part of the buy 2 get for $12 each sale.

Edited by Diana* (11/10/16 11:12 AM)
Edit Reason: updated sell outs

#301221 - 11/10/16 11:15 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

They added a cute Russell and Doug ornament from UP! as part of the Disney Parks line.

#301224 - 11/10/16 01:44 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

There are more sell outs. I updated one of the posts earlier.

Here are the others:
Captain America shield
Jaq and Gus ball ornament
Mickey balloon
Spider-man
Up house (shows up but when you click, it says sold out)

Edit for Friday sell-outs:
Si and Am (again)
Finding Dory glass globe (again)
Mary Poppins (again)
Enchanted Rose
Olaf
Finding Dory set of ornaments

Edited by luckdragon (11/11/16 04:32 PM)

#301259 - 11/12/16 10:16 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow, they are going fast this time of year. That's 12 of the single-ornament line up. I'll have to remember that for next year. I bought a lot early at full price or a slight discount. Should wait for a good sale, but definitely not wait this late.

#301312 - 11/13/16 05:08 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
mtwnmk Offline

I had to run a few errands this afternoon. One of them took me near the Mall so I dropped in the Disney Store. I was surprised that the sign read $10 each (no buy 2 & save). And in addition, they were taking the Friends & Family 25% OFF- So I decided to pick up a couple more.

#301366 - 11/14/16 03:48 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Jingle dash 3 hour event where Sketchbook ornaments are $7 and there is free shipping today!

Hurry!

Couldn't resist. Bought Elsa, Ariel (not the singing one), and Winnie the Pooh.

Basil and Dawson have sold out not btw.

#301367 - 11/14/16 04:13 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Melbow31 Offline

Loc: South Florida
In reply to luckdragon, I just got the email. Check it out!

#301370 - 11/14/16 05:01 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Sale is over. frown Hope people were able to catch it!

#301371 - 11/14/16 05:06 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Tink and Stitch with the Christmas lights are now sold out. I didn't expect so many to go quickly this year. I was hoping I had a little more time to pick up a few that sold out.

#301372 - 11/14/16 05:08 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Great Sale !!!

#301418 - 11/15/16 05:13 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

The sale proved fruitful since a lot more sold out.

Current sell out list:
Alice in Wonderland
Ariel (non-singing)
Basil and Dawson
Belle singing
Captain America shield
Chip 'n Dale
Enchanted Rose
Finding Dory glass globe
Finding Dory coffee pot
Finding Dory Sketchbook set
Jaq and Gus
Kion
Mary Poppins
Mickey balloon
Mickey with presents
Minnie with snowman
Olaf
Peter Pan
Robin Hood and Maid Marian
Scrooge
Si and Am
Spider-man
Stitch with lights
Tinker Bell
Up house
Winnie the Pooh
Woody and Buzz with RC

I was also pleasantly surprised to get an email saying they shipped my order today. The day after the order was put in! I haven't had that happen in about a year. And I got my "Finding Dory" pre-order code today as well as the movie showed up. Should have no problem using it on the Lambert ornament whenever it shows up (hopefully on Monday).

Jingle Dash must be a thing this week. They did another today for medium size plush for $10.

#301429 - 11/15/16 11:15 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I got my Finding Dory code and movie today as well. Waiting for Lambert to show up so I can use them!

#301439 - 11/16/16 01:11 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow that is a long sold out list!

#301539 - 11/19/16 12:53 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

More sold out (pictured but won't add to cart):
Elliott from Pete's Dragon
Hulk Marvel
Jack Skellington (light up)
Pluto in glass globe

Walt and Mickey Partners statue is back again. I was able to add it to my cart (still worked Sunday). Hoping it'll be around when the next monthly ornament comes out for sale. I'd like to get enough in that lot to get free shipping.

Ornaments are on sale for only $8 today (still on Sunday although called a Friday deal). What a bargain! More than 1/2 off. Christmas comes early when you are friends with Mickey. I hope they extend it through Monday when the next monthly comes out. If so, I'll be stocking up.

Edited by Diana* (11/20/16 10:49 AM)
Edit Reason: more sell outs added

#301576 - 11/20/16 11:05 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Just combining sell out lists: Current sell out list as of 11/20:

Alice at door - Alice in Wonderland
Ariel (non-singing) - Little Mermaid
Basil and Dawson - Great Mouse Detective
Belle at fountain singing
Captain America shield
Chip 'n Dale (on shoulders)
Elliott - Pete's Dragon
Enchanted Rose - Beauty and the Beast
Finding Dory glass globe with octopus on top
Finding Dory coffee pot
Hulk - Marvel
Jack Skellington with Zero (light up)
Jaq and Gus on blue ball ornament
Kion - Lion King
Mary Poppins with umbrella
Mickey Clubhouse balloon glove
Mickey Mouse and Friends Sketchbook ball ornament set of 6
Mickey with presents
Minnie with snowman
Olaf - Frozen
Peter Pan at Big Ben
Pluto in glass globe
Robin Hood and Maid Marian wedding
Scrooge McDuck
Si and Am - Lady and the Tramp
Spider-man on building
Stitch with lights - Lilo and Stitch
Tinker Bell falling over thread - Peter Pan
UP! house with balloons
Winnie the Pooh - stuck in rabbit hole
Woody and Buzz with RC - Toy Story

Sold out Disney Parks
(Walt and Mickey Partners statue was sold out - back for sale now 11/20)

#301619 - 11/21/16 09:44 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Popped into a Disney store today and they had a bunch of Si and Am on the display, and one Vanessa from Little Mermaid! Hooray. Grabbed that at $8. Also, although the Moana singing ornament isn't on sale online, it was on sale in the store, so picked up one of those for $8 as well. They had a lot of the online sold out in stock: Belle at the fountain singing, Si and Am, Robin Hood and Maid Marion, Mickey Clubhouse Balloon, Kion, Elliott, and Captain America Shield. No Mickey and Minnie in the old fashioned car, no Ariel sketchbook with the long mermaid tail (in the pretty princess fabric skirt collection), no Winnie the Pooh in the rabbit hole. No Finding Dory anything. So it was an interesting mix of sold outs and also what's online. I may try another Disney store tomorrow out of curiosity.

#301638 - 11/22/16 10:48 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Peter Pan at Big Ben and Belle singing at the fountain are back on sale online.

Edited to add: Belle at the fountain has been removed again, and Peter Pan is still listed but now marked sold out again. (11/23)

Edited by Diana* (11/23/16 03:31 PM)
Edit Reason: update

#301662 - 11/23/16 12:47 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

When I placed my order yesterday, I did have one ornament in my virtual basket, the Mickey as animator ornament.

#301671 - 11/23/16 03:32 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Ornaments went back up to $10 each.
There is a new Finding Dory and Nemo jingle bell ornament set of two. The Walt and Mickey Partners statue is still listed for sale, too.

#301679 - 11/24/16 10:09 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Recent sell outs:

Mickey Mouse Icon Photo Frame
Doc McStuffins and Lambie
Minnie Mouse Icon Photo Frame
Ariel on rock singing

combining sell out lists: Current Sketchbook sell out list as of 11/24:

Alice at door - Alice in Wonderland (back for sale 11/26)
Ariel (non-singing) - Little Mermaid
Ariel on rock singing - Little Mermaid
Belle at fountain singing
Captain America shield
Elliott - Pete's Dragon
Finding Dory coffee pot
Hulk - Marvel
Jack Skellington with Zero (light up)
Jaq and Gus on blue ball ornament
Kion - Lion King
Mickey with presents
Minnie with snowman
Olaf - Frozen
Peter Pan at Big Ben
Pluto in glass globe
Scrooge McDuck
Spider-man on building
UP! house with balloons

Sold out Disney Parks
Walt and Mickey Partners statue sold out again 11/24

Edited by Diana* (11/26/16 11:30 AM)
Edit Reason: updated 11/26

#301712 - 11/26/16 06:45 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, it's topsy-turvy day. Mickey and the Beanstalk is back as well as the Lady and the Tramp ornament from the last series. There is a Cyber Monday sale of 15% off orders of $50 or more, 20% off orders of $75 or more and 25% off orders of $100 or more. Every order gets free shipping too. Code is CYBER.

I went ahead and used my $10 off $40 as well as CYBER to get free shipping on the Animator Dolls ornament set. Pocahontas is my favorite doll in that series (I have 5 of these dolls). And I really want Belle in the blue dress as an animator doll. Secondary market price for her in blue is too steep for me. I keep hoping they'll re-release her in blue especially since all of the other products for the animator series have her in blue. All said and done, I got the set for $37.41 with tax for the $59.95 set. So, I can't complain too much. Though, I wanted Lambert. Grr...

#301713 - 11/26/16 10:03 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I noticed Lady & Tramp was on the search for "ornaments" but was sold out when I clicked on it out of curiosity.

Saw a new jingle bell ornament set I hadn't seen before, Chip & Dale and maybe a Mickey and Minnie set. At one time I had a store display of a spiral metal tree with the pegs spaced around for jingle bell styled ornaments (not Disney) but got rid of it . . . otherwise I would have been tempted by all the new Jingle Bell Disney ornament pairs.

Unless something wonderful jumps in my cart . . . I think I'll just save my money until I arrive at WDW very soon.

#301715 - 11/26/16 11:29 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

It's too bad that Lady and the Tramp sold out so quickly. I think that was one of the few I missed. Oh well. Mickey and the Beanstalk also sold out again.
Alice at the Door is back up for sale. Minnie with Snowman is back up again, but is also marked out sold out when you click on it to add to your cart. Funny how some of these ornaments pop up for a day or two and then sell out again. The warehouse must be finding odd boxes here and there.
Surprised they are using Belle at the fountain singing to advertise the $10 sale as that has been sold out for awhile.

#301719 - 11/26/16 03:14 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

The only jingle bell set I have is the Victorian Mickey/Minnie set since they were so darn cute! I wish they would do a Victorian Donald/Daisy set to complement it.

#301781 - 11/28/16 12:22 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
hallmark*kid Offline
Elf VP

Loc: TX
Finally made it into a Disney store over Thanksgiving while in TX visiting family. There were so many I liked but my goodness are some of them heavy!! I passed on quite a few because of weight and or just plain bad paint jobs. There was a sign up that said they were $8 each but rang up at $10. The girl who helped me was very nice and said they were going to honor the sign price. I also used a $10 off of $50 coupon I had.

Bought:
Little Mermaid on rock (musical)
Belle on Fountain (musical)
Peter Pan Big Ben
Vanessa/Ursula Little Mermaid (they had just gotten these in and had about 6 of them)
Robin Hood
Mary Poppins
Pluto in Glass Ball

They only had one Si & Am but I had to pass on it. It has a huge bald spot on the front of one of the cats. The girl thought they had more in back but could not find any so she gave me a stack of Free Shipping codes to use online. I figure they probably wont be back in stock online but at least I now have a ton of free shipping to use on future purchases.

#301784 - 11/28/16 12:34 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

They are really running out of ornaments for sale online. I had thought they would be in stock until black Friday, but a good number disappeared way before then. They really don't want to have anything Christmas left for sale in January.

#301867 - 12/01/16 12:42 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Here are the more recent sell outs online.

Still on site but marked sold out:
Jasmine holding blue bird (skirt style) - Aladdin

Not on site anymore:
Bambi and Thumper Baby’s First
Belle Variant limited edition (reg 19.95)
Donald Duck on Train - Our of Scale
Dopey with jewels - Snow White
Elena of Avalor singing
Kylo Ren light up - SW TFA
Lock, Shock, and Barrel in glass globe - NBC
Merida (skirt) - Brave
Mickey Mouse Animator
Pocahontas (skirt)
Quasimodo and Esmeralda - Hunchback of Notre Dame
Rapunzel (skirt) - Tangled
Rey - SW TFA
Snow White (skirt)
Stormtrooper - SW

So glad that "limited edition" variant of Belle finally sold out!

#302123 - 12/05/16 10:11 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Is the Disney Parks Maleficent ornament new? I don't recall seeing it before.

Moana sold out online. Can't believe Variant Belle Limited Edition is back! I guess 3,000 isn't all that limited? It makes me wonder how many they produce of the regular sketchbook ornaments.

Quite a few are back for sale (previously marked sold out):
Belle Variant limited edition (reg 19.95)
Donald Duck on the Train (Out of Scale)
Elena of Avalor (singing)
Hulk - Marvel
Kylo Ren light up - Star Wars TFA
Lock, Shock, and Barrel in glass globe - NBC
Mickey Mouse animator
Stormtroopers - Star Wars
Rey - Star Wars TFA

Current Sketchbook sell out list as of 12/5:

Ariel (non-singing, part of Princess Collection) - Little Mermaid
Belle at fountain singing - Beauty and the Beast
Captain America shield
Elliott - Pete's Dragon
Finding Dory coffee pot
Jack Skellington with Zero (light up) - NBC
Jaq and Gus on blue ball ornament - Cinderella
Kion - Lion King
Mayor of Halloween Town - NBC
Merida (skirt) - Brave
Mickey with presents
Minnie with snowman
Moana with oar (singing)
Olaf - Frozen
Peter Pan at Big Ben
Pocahontas (skirt)
Pluto in glass globe
Scrooge McDuck - MCC
Spider-man on building
UP! house with balloons

Sold out Disney Parks

#302124 - 12/05/16 10:16 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I've been seeing the Parks Exclusive Malificent for a few weeks but never ordered. Since the Evil Queen, I think it was, had such bad reviews with lots of breakage reports. I did order and receive the Ursula Parks Exclusive.

Oh and I did finally snag the Partners Parks Exclusive ornament with Walt & Mickey one day last week. It always seemed to disappear with the 20% or 25% sales . . . so finally got 2 of them with my order total qualifying me for 15% off. eh not bad. And did get two of the Moana's for 8.00 each since many times they were still NOT on sale . . . and 15% off those too, I think, I'd have to go and look at my order history. Hopefully it will arrive this week. Shipping has been so slow lately.

#302125 - 12/05/16 10:30 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Quality seemed to be an issue with quite a few of my orders this year.

3 attempts on the Parks Exclusive Mickey & Minnie @ Entrance to WDW. Gave up. Each time it was something different broken.

1 on Si & Am. Broken tail.

1 on Finding Dory with the characters in the coffee pot.

None - due to reviews on Evil Queen Parks Exclusive.

2 - Limited Beauty and Beast Sketchbook Set. Sent 2 back. Finally did receive an acceptable set that was great.

I think that is all. But geez . . .all the returning and getting replacements. I think B&B took at least 8 phone calls and a online chat or two. Plus the others.

While they had some GREAT ornaments this year, I think with their expanded offerings and now going on 3 monthly series . . . plus all their hat and shoe ornaments which I don't collect . . . I think their quality has suffered a little bit.

With the early sell outs and quality in 2016, I'm glad I bought many early on when they were only 25% off. I don't think I paid full price for anything, exception being the Limited B&B set which was excluded from special codes & offers . . . and I will buy fairly early again in 2017.

So for now . . . the waiting begins until August or September for the 2017 line up.

It was fun participating on the Disney Board here @ Yulelog with the 2016 ornaments with all of y'all~!!!!

oops forgot . . . Vanessa/Ursala . . . I did have to buy that via eBay as there is not a Disney Store within several hundred miles of me. All in all, a great year.

#302126 - 12/05/16 10:43 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Went back to first page and peeked . . . luckdragon posted the news about ornaments appearing on July 11th.

My Visa card will appreciate the long break.

#302128 - 12/05/16 10:49 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Speaking of the Disney Store, free shipping today.

The Moana limited set is actually on sale too (nice set, still haven't seen the movie and probably won't until it's out on blu-ray). I got my animator doll ornament set today. Very cute. I also got my DMR Finding Dory ornament. Love getting the free ornament! It looks great in person too.

#302236 - 12/07/16 03:03 PM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I've had a handful of breakages: Evil Queen from Snow White (as Deana noted), but also Rafiki from Lion King, Rapunzel singing with the guitar, and one of the Partners Statue. All of these were hands breaking off. For three of those, I simply took a digital picture with the broken appendage clearly not attached and contacted Disney via the guest services email on the site. They issued either a replacement or a refund (Partners statue sold out so a refund on that one). For the Rapunzel, I took it to a Disney store to exchange because I didn't trust getting a good one shipped. I appreciated that I didn't have to do any shipping returns (my ornaments came in HUGE shipping boxes and it would have been silly having only one ornament shipped in that big box). They said to either toss the broken ornament, or to fix and donate it to a charity (that was a surprise answer).
But I can understand them wanting to get the big B&B set shipped back. They might be able to assemble a complete set from partially broken sets.

#302270 - 12/08/16 10:02 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Recent sell outs:
Tiana (skirt) - The Princess and the Frog
Miles from Tomorrowland

Back for sale (previously marked sold out). If you want any of these, I wouldn't wait, as many of the sell-outs that reappear only pop up for a couple of days before being marked sold out again:
Elliott - Pete's Dragon
Kion - Lion King
Merida (skirt) - Brave
Pocahontas (skirt)
Mayor of Halloween Town - NBC
Minnie with snowman
Pluto in glass globe

Current Sketchbook sell out list as of 12/8:
Ariel (non-singing, part of Princess Collection) - Little Mermaid
Belle at fountain singing - Beauty and the Beast
Captain America shield
Finding Dory coffee pot
Jack Skellington with Zero (light up) - NBC
Jaq and Gus on blue ball ornament - Cinderella
Mickey with presents
Miles from Tomorrowland
Moana with oar (singing)
Mowgli and Kaa - The Jungle Book
Olaf - Frozen
Peter Pan at Big Ben
Scrooge McDuck - MCC
Spider-man on building
Tina (skirt) - The Princess and the Frog
UP! house with balloons

Sold out Disney Parks

#302313 - 12/09/16 07:13 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

The singing Moana ornament is out of stock again. Probably because of the free shipping with any Moana item: use code MOANA for free shipping.

The boxed set of 6 Moana ornaments is on sale today with free shipping. 40% off (from $69.95 down to $41.97 (or just about $7 an ornament - good deal),

The Sketchbook Mini sets are also finally on sale (they've been at full price for a long time). From $19.95 down to $11.97.

#302318 - 12/09/16 11:12 AM Re: 2016 Sketchbook ornaments! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

The Moana set is quite nice! The paint job on mine is flawless. The tattoos on Maui and Moana's father are sculpted into the ornaments, which is slightly disturbing, but it made them easier to paint those tattoo details.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Moderator