YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 70 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26119 Topics
322843 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#308750 - 06/19/17 06:06 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Link:
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...431589/1000344/
Very nice looking ornament. So many good ones this series.

And, they have a free shipping promo if you buy some Cars merchandise. The cheapest is a pair of children's sunglasses for $2.99:
https://www.disneystore.com/sunglasses-g...421309/1000298/

By putting that in my cart with the ornament, I saved around $3 vs just the ornament and the shipping. I can find someone to give the sunglasses to.

#308752 - 06/19/17 07:26 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
SorcererDonald Offline
Elf in Training

This one is the real gem in this series for me, and I can't wait to receive it. I normally wait for a sale to order these, but I didn't want to risk it with her!

luckdragon, it's so cool you figured out what the pins were based on. I never would have known otherwise. They're not a typical Disney pin design at all, and it threw me off until I saw your explanation. Fun concept.

#308764 - 06/19/17 12:43 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: SorcererDonald]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Ordered mine and the Jim Shore Parks Exclusive Figment piece. Surprisingly the Disney Rewards Visa Card Member code worked on both items for 10% off. Usually Jim Shore and other items are excluded. Yay. And then used Ship50 for free shipping.

Still tempted by the It's A Small World pieces and base by Jim Shore but was in a hurry to get out the door this a.m. so didn't want to wait for either of the 2 above items to sell out . . . so will continue to deciding on the IASW pieces. I enjoy my Hallmark IASMW ornament and wished they'd have made more of the members only variety from more countries but I figured they wouldn't so that is why I didn't venture into buying those.

#308773 - 06/19/17 02:50 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: SorcererDonald]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: SorcererDonald

luckdragon, it's so cool you figured out what the pins were based on. I never would have known otherwise. They're not a typical Disney pin design at all, and it threw me off until I saw your explanation. Fun concept.

I collect Disney Storybook anthologies, and the Mary Poppins pin art looked just like the art of the title page for the Mary Poppins story in one of my storybook anthologies (one of the Classic ones...probably). That's when it clicked that these were called Classic Storybook because they were using Disney classic storybooks as inspiration. It would have been nice if they had explained it better.

Nice to meet you, SorcererDonald!

Deana, have you ever seen the WDCC Small World porcelain ornaments? I have the Japan one because I remember Marshall's had several for around $3 each around ten years ago. I left the others, wish I had bought them. They're very expensive on ebay now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Its-a-Sma...A-/282504203029
$40's around the starting price for them. They go from $40-$100. Oh well. This is why hindsight is 20/20.

#308775 - 06/19/17 06:20 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

luckdragon, no . . . I'd never seen these before. Just looked on eBay for WDCC Small World ornaments and there are soooooooooooo many different countries represented. Amazing. So pretty.

I was a member of WDCC for 3 years way back in the 90's. Back then, with a baby and then a baby & toddler . . . I just didn't have money to splurge on all their extra pieces but have always loved the WDCC pieces . . . so many pieces for every movie . . . I thought even back then IF I ever win the lottery . . . I'll have a curio cabinet full of them ASAP~!

#308782 - 06/19/17 11:06 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: SorcererDonald]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Originally Posted By: SorcererDonald
I normally wait for a sale to order these, but I didn't want to risk it with her!
Ditto. I waited on Johnny Appleseed but bought him and Snow White today. Mark and I combined orders so together we went over $50 for the 10% DRVC discount and the free shipping. I had thought I could use the 20% Deana mentioned, but I didn't have DRVC dollars available to spend. Pooh. Wish it was a simple 20% and not tied to the rewards dollars. If we would have qualified for the 20% off I would have added that Star Wars set to the basket, too. It's stuck around longer than I thought it would, so maybe it will even go on sale? I'm watching and waiting.

Luckdragon, those IASW ornaments are SO cute! But I'm resisting... I have the little music box IASW that Hallmark did several years ago (and love it!) so it will have to do until Hallmark does an official Disney Park Ride series.

#308785 - 06/20/17 02:37 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
SorcererDonald Offline
Elf in Training

Originally Posted By: luckdragon

I collect Disney Storybook anthologies, and the Mary Poppins pin art looked just like the art of the title page for the Mary Poppins story in one of my storybook anthologies (one of the Classic ones...probably). That's when it clicked that these were called Classic Storybook because they were using Disney classic storybooks as inspiration. It would have been nice if they had explained it better.

Nice to meet you, SorcererDonald!

Deana, have you ever seen the WDCC Small World porcelain ornaments? I have the Japan one because I remember Marshall's had several for around $3 each around ten years ago. I left the others, wish I had bought them. They're very expensive on ebay now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Its-a-Sma...A-/282504203029
$40's around the starting price for them. They go from $40-$100. Oh well. This is why hindsight is 20/20.

I have some Disney storybooks from childhood (somewhere... laugh ), but I never collected them. I like nods to Disney history a lot so I will appreciate the few of these pins I got more now. Nice to meet you as well! smile

I have a few of those WDCC Small World ornaments too, also from Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I was afraid to put them on my trees so I kept them in their boxes. I need to figure out a safe way to display them year round. I know I have France and the 2 ornament set featuring Glockenspiel (clock tower face) with the sailboat. I can't remember which other countries I found and bought. At least a couple more. They are so pretty. I was a huge WDCC fan and have a lot of the full sized Small World pieces too. One day I hope I will own all of that subcollection. If I won the Powerball I would buy one of every piece ever made, haha!

#308804 - 06/21/17 12:49 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Did you have to point out those small world ornaments to me? I love all things small world.

#308869 - 06/22/17 10:53 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Three Little Pigs ornament sold out.

I'm still aghast that the Ugly Duckling is available. Probably the best-looking ornament in the bunch (though the Snow White one's details look like it'll give it a run for its money). Works for a Disney themed tree, Christmas song themed tree (swans a swimmin'), storybook themed tree, springtime tree, nature tree, Baby's First Christmas, etc. Such a versatile ornament. It's a very subtle Disney ornament. Some people who see it on a tree probably won't know it's Disney (you know, the aliens out there who aren't normal like us). It's like Disney-sophisticated. Something different than your average Mickey ornament.

#308905 - 06/24/17 12:07 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

It's my favorite so far, too. But I think this series is running into the problem of lesser known characters/stories, so a smaller audience for the ornaments. I think that's the case there, which is a same.

#308938 - 06/26/17 06:15 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Snow White sold out. *sighs* I hope my ornament is okay. Still haven't received it. According to the tracking number, I won't get it until Wednesday.

These are the ornaments still left: Ugly Duckling, Reluctant Dragon, and Johnny Appleseed.

I did get an order on Saturday with an ornament. I had the $10 off $40 coupon, and one of the things I bought was the Parks Lumiere ornament. I like that the flames "flicker." It's pretty cute, but the Hallmark sculpt from last year still beats it. wink

They did add some Parks ornaments to the site today. One of them is the Sven ornament where he is wrapped in Christmas lights. If anyone gets it, check it over thoroughly. First one I bought from ebay came with at least three (if not four) legs broken/splintered with some exposed metal rods. ebay seller had to refund. Second one from ebay was fine. Cute ornament, I just wish they didn't do the metal frame inside the ornament and just did a straight up resin ornament. It seems a bad idea to have Disney character decorations with metal rods in them. Don't care if you put the warnings that they aren't toys, kids could still take them off the tree and drop them.

#308958 - 06/26/17 03:41 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Received my Snow White ornament on Saturday but didn't have time to open & inspect until today.

Very nice. But I still think 3 Little Pigs is my favorite in this series . . . also still like Pecos Bill . . . I think those are in my top 3 . . . and while The Ugly Duckling Swan ornament is very nice . . . the other 3 have more detailed sculpts.

I have many skips in this series.

I hope I don't like the next series. haha Is that a bad thing to say?

And we know there probably will be a "next" series.

#309002 - 06/28/17 08:45 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Ooh...they are making this tough to pick a favorite. Such a detailed little ornament with the water in the well, the birds, the flowers, the rope, the painting detail (and tiny painting details), wow! Someone stepped up their game.

With one left, I feel like Casey won't be my favorite. I think these are my favorites in order: Ugly Duckling, Snow White, Three Little Pigs, Mickey and the Beanstalk. I've enjoyed this series more than any other. Looking forward to seeing next year's, and I wouldn't mind either if it was a dud. Come on and do some ornaments like the Pooh ornament from the Art of Animation series! A bunch of common characters standing on their names. I think we could all avoid that one. wink

I went to see "Cars 3" yesterday, and it had a preview for Blue Sky's upcoming "Ferdinand" movie. I wonder if that is why the Ferdinand the Bull ornament was axed. I wonder if it was because they knew the movie was coming out or if Blue Sky did some kind of legal thing that prohibited Disney from doing it.

Or maybe, just maybe they're holding that ornament for the next series or even as a regular Sketchbook ornament to be more aligned with that movie's release... Heck, I would do that. The movie preview was so cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0HBfn9n1wo

I might actually go see that movie. And I really don't go to the theaters to see animated films outside of Pixar and Disney.

I am ticked off that "Coco" has been paired with a 21 minute "Frozen" short. 21 minutes. Good grief. That's the length of a 30-minute television special. It's going to make "Coco" so much longer, and it's annoying that they gave it its own trailer and showed it before "Coco." When I saw the trailers back to back in theaters, they gave the release date for "Olaf's Frozen Adventure," the actual date, but for "Coco," they just put coming in November. Seriously? "Coco" looks amazing! It does not need "Frozen" to pad the numbers. "That movie is going to win the Academy Award for Best Animated Picture, hands down. Such pandering. Pixar's good at making their own animated shorts. "Lou" was adorable with a good message. Why didn't they just make is a holiday television special for ABC or the Disney Channel? With the running time, it sounds like that was the original intention.

I'll get off my soap-box now, but I do understand why some people despise "Frozen." It's because of stunts like this.

#309014 - 06/29/17 01:48 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Mickey's Christmas Carol. Mickey as The Prince and the Pauper. This isn't the first time that Disney has put a long short in front of a film in the theater.

I wasn't aware that the Frozen story was going to be that long. I was definitely annoyed by it having it's own preview, and I'm really beginning to look forward to Coco myself.

#309247 - 07/03/17 06:53 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I really do like this ornament, but I do have one quibble. Snow White's face seems off to me. Considering how tiny it is, I'm nitpicking, and that really is my only complaint.

#309385 - 07/07/17 01:11 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Mine seemed a little off too but still overall they did a good job.

#309392 - 07/07/17 06:09 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Mine, three. I didn't like that her hair was painted so far away from her face line, so I touched it up. Also gave her rosy cheeks. I'm happier with it now. Was debating about doing her eye color (it looks a little red-brown to me), but it's so hard to reach in there that I decided against it.

#309855 - 07/17/17 07:58 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
mtwnmk Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Casey At the Bat is up now and Friends & Family is extended through tonight, but I cannot acess it to purchase. Very weird..

#309856 - 07/17/17 08:51 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: mtwnmk]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Weird indeed. Nothing new when clicking on "new arrivals". Doesn't show up when searching on "sketchbook". Doesn't show up when searching on "Casey at the Bat". Only when you look at monthly ornaments and scroll down to see it and click on "shop now" and nothing. Must be a glitch on "new" stuff today . . . sure there are Monday's when there are no new arrivals but usually there are at least a couple of things.

#309858 - 07/17/17 09:00 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

I can't believe it's still down. All I want is to give DIsney my money!

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Moderator