YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26131 Topics
322966 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#298932 - 08/18/16 04:22 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: Diana*
I wonder why the switch?

It's so tempting to ask that in a review for the ornament. But, I'm afraid to do so in case it would delay them putting up other ornaments due to having to change their background pictures. And I also don't like reviewing something I bought until I have it (which it says I will on Saturday).

It's weird since Ferdinand the Bull is actually from a storybook, so you would think it would be a perfect fit. I wonder if it's because the bull is black and they were thinking of the color black being harder to see against a tree or if they were having issues with the delicacy of the flowers... It might be the problem was the matching pin, and maybe they didn't like how the mock up for the pin looked. Maybe some exec at the Disney Store thought Casey would be a better fit for the series, wondering if his short is better known? He might submit more than twelve ideas for the series, and they pick which ones they want to do.

I'm hoping they'll put it into production eventually.

#298965 - 08/20/16 09:12 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got Mickey and the Beanstalk this year! They didn't put it in an outer box like they've done since the series started, but at least they put the purchase sticker thing on the bottom (you know, those white stickers with 2-3 Disney characters that they use to indicate an online purchase).

Love him! So pretty and detailed! I put in a review and did mention Ferdinand. I'm curious to see if they'll approve the review or not. wink

Belle's good too.

And, if you're interested, the Finding Dory ornament set is now on sale for $40.

#298975 - 08/20/16 06:12 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
I like the selection this year. I'll probably be getting several. Definitely Pecos Bill and The Three Little Pigs. I'll wait and see what the others actually look like before I decide on getting them.

#299077 - 08/28/16 01:00 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
For those who may not have noticed, the pins that are part of this series are hinged, so they open. The listing that just went up at Amazon shows what both look like pretty well.

#299084 - 08/28/16 10:01 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

That Mickey pin is pretty sweet.

#299126 - 08/30/16 01:43 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They changed Mickey's picture to take away Ferdinand. He's been replaced by a Pecos Bill sketch. lol But they did publish my review where I mentioned Ferdinand.

#299127 - 08/30/16 02:13 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I would have loved to get a Ferdinand instead of a Pecos Bill. But these ornaments are definitely some of the nicest ones yet for the monthly series from Disney!

#299289 - 09/03/16 05:14 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
I like the hinged look with the lapel pin. NEat Idea

#299560 - 09/15/16 12:26 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Beauty and the Beast comes out on Blu-Ray again on Tuesday. If you pre-order, you get a $10 off $40 coupon good in the store or on line. I'm thinking of going to take advantage of that and gamble that this next ornament and pin are still available come Tuesday when the coupon starts. (I'm loving the Star Wars poster mugs, so I will be ordering another one of those to put myself over the limit.)

#299572 - 09/15/16 08:31 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I pre-ordered the blu-ray back in June when they had a free shipping promo. I'm hoping for another free shipping promo for the "Finding Dory" blu-ray to preorder that one to get another $10 off $40 (and the movie too, naturally).

Looks like they ran out of the lithographs.

I'm too nervous to wait until Tuesday for Pecos Bill, so I'll probably go ahead and order on Monday and use the $10 off $40 on Sketchbooks. I'm hoping they will be on sale next week.

Question: Anyone know if you pre-order a blu-ray in addition to an order, will they hold the entire order until the blu-ray comes out? Or will they send the blu-ray in a separate shipment? I don't mind ordering "Finding Dory" with an ornament order to boost to free shipping, but I don't want to risk ornaments selling out and then I end up with a broken one that they can't send a replacement for.

My "Beauty and the Beast" Sketchbook ornament set is due to arrive in on Monday! laugh A fitting time to arrive since the blu-ray will hopefully not be far behind.

Edit: And give the bear a hand, Winnie the Pooh's Art of Disney Animation ornament finally sold out yesterday! About time. I'm not sure what's going on with Mickey and the Beanstalk. I would have thought the pin would have at least sold out by now. What's wrong with these folks? The Mickey and the Beanstalk ornament is better than around 75% of the Art of Disney Animation series. The UK site still doesn't have a working link to the ornament, so I wonder if they even got any in. Maybe the US got the full supply by mistake and it's taking forever to sell out? The US site did take away the quantity limitation on the pin btw.

Wish they would at least update the page to give us a color picture of the October "Peter and the Wolf" release.

Edited by luckdragon (09/15/16 08:36 PM)

#299575 - 09/16/16 01:16 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Yes, they ran out of the lithographs in stores as well. The store in my town and the next one were both out. I went ahead and bought it anyway because I have 25 years of lithographs sitting in my garage collecting dust. I would have liked to have them, but I really don't need them.

I'm gambling. I know it. But based on how slowly things have been selling out, I think it's a good gamble. Now watch, it will sell out by the end of the day on Monday and I'll miss out.

#299576 - 09/16/16 07:38 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
My guess is that Disney is tying to maximize the sales of the monthly series by increasing the number of pieces available.

#299577 - 09/16/16 08:27 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
They ship the part of the order available and then ship bluray/dvd on release date.

Which is how I wound up with TWO Inside Out. Kinda forgot about it. BUT one arrived with lithos and one without so was able to return the without and pre-paid shipping label.

I pre-ordered B&B several orders ago . . . so I should definitely be getting the lithos.

And like Mark . . . I too, probably have 25 years worth of lithos . . . except mine are in my MBR closet on a shelf. I think, but I'd have to go back and look, the older lithos were nicer more detailed scenes than than last few releases.

#299584 - 09/16/16 01:46 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
My guess is that Disney is tying to maximize the sales of the monthly series by increasing the number of pieces available.

Yeah, better if they're giving the US more since they set around for ages in the UK.

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
They ship the part of the order available and then ship bluray/dvd on release date.

Awesome! Thank you! It'll help get an order up to $75 for sure.

Hopefully, I'll get the $10 off $40. I've had about a 50% success rate at getting the code. The first few pre-orders I did, I didn't get a code and had to contact them to get it. They had to send a $10 gift card twice instead of the code, which was okay by me. Saved me on two of the monthly ornaments. I figured it was just me, but a friend also had this problem with the Star Wars blu-ray (that was one of them that had a code issue).

#299592 - 09/17/16 12:55 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Hope my code works.

Either way, that's good to know about the pre-order policy. I had avoided pre-ordering online figuring I would have to wait to get the entire order until it was all really to ship. But I might sneak in an pre-order of the next movie with my order as well (assuming it is up for pre-order.)

#299595 - 09/17/16 10:31 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Received email my B&B shipped yesterday. They aren't always good with sending the emails. And noticed ordered date was 6/24 . . . and of course received rest of order a long time ago. Haven't received my 10.00 code yet. Unfortunately the last couple I received, they expire really soon after issue, have gone to waste as I didn't have an order as one was "just placed" for monthly order or whatever limited set.

#299641 - 09/19/16 03:26 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Pecos Bill is up!

Ornament: https://www.disneystore.com/mp/1411221/1000344/
Pin: https://www.disneystore.com/mp/1411283/1000287/

You can also now see Peter and the Wolf as well as Lambert the Lion's ornaments and pins:
http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1025033/

Still no sale on the other Sketchbooks and none added. frown

#299647 - 09/19/16 09:12 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I just ordered Pecos Bill!

Angela

#299648 - 09/19/16 10:42 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Fingers crossed you guys don't buy them all up before my coupon is good.

#299676 - 09/20/16 02:13 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I'd tried the code starting around 10PM in case their time zone wasn't Pacific, and it wouldn't take the code from my pre-order. However, I still hadn't gone to bed by midnight (I'm going to pay for this tomorrow), and it let me enter the code just now!!! So I have successfully place my order for the ornament, the pin, pre-ordered Finding Dory, bought another of the Star Wars attraction post mugs, and a Star Wars mystery pin set. (I was 20 cents short of the free shipping without that set.)

Now to wait for my order to arrive.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Moderator