YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26152 Topics
323375 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#299513 - 09/12/16 04:11 AM Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Prepare yourselves for the price tag, folks:
$129.95
Beauty and the Beast Deluxe Sketchbook Set

But, you get 12 ornaments. It's limited to 1200 sets. I'm loving the details in the sculpts since you can see fabric texture and it's a better Gaston than the one I have. I also like that the yellow ball gown is nowhere to be seen. It's not an "Art of Belle" collection like I thought it would be, but I'm pleased with it. I would be a bit more pleased to have a few less for a smaller price tag. Being my favorite Disney movie, I have to have it (luckily, it qualifies easily for free shipping). Sadly, the only new character for me is the footstool. Darn it, I need LeFou, Disney!

Edit: lol, I said the yellow dress was nowhere to be seen, then I notice on the box, Belle's in the yellow ball gown.

Edited by luckdragon (09/12/16 04:30 AM)

#299515 - 09/12/16 09:38 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I ordered mine~! Yay. A little spendy but an excellent set. I'd love to see similar for Snow White and Cinderella in the future.

Aggravated with my Chase Disney Visa, couldn't use the 10% off code. It has gotten to the point you can't use it for anything.

Thanks, luckdragon~!!!!

#299516 - 09/12/16 09:40 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Tempting. So tempting. Must resist. Must resist.

#299519 - 09/12/16 11:04 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
WOW looks like a great set. But since we have the Belle in blue dress from the recent limited edition, I can hold out. I'm going to wait and see if I can get it on a sale day. Won't cry if I don't. I like that the horse Philippe is by himself. Also like that they added the feather duster Fifi.
This brings up a question, have they done the three bimbettes as an ornament before?

#299535 - 09/14/16 07:52 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I saw the "save 20%" for today only and was ticked, then I tried to use it on the Beauty and the Beast Deluxe set. Doesn't work. Whew. That would have really aggravated me if it worked on the set. They must be using the true "limited edition" restrictions on this. I say that because, in the past, the Family and Friends Day code has worked on the monthly ornament, even though it's a limited edition.

Still holding out for a sale on the Sketchbook ornaments. Still waiting on Vanessa's ornament and the Frozen singing ornament. Come on, Disney! At least next week once "Beauty and the Beast" comes out, I'll have a $10 off $40 code and will definitely use it on an order with Sketchbooks. I don't think I'll be brave enough to risk it on Pecos Bill though...

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
I ordered mine~! Yay. A little spendy but an excellent set. I'd love to see similar for Snow White and Cinderella in the future.

Hmm...not sure if I want to have such large sets every time, but it's a shame they didn't do anything for Snow White's Signature Blu-Ray release. They did the Pinocchio set around that time with no release of that movie from the vault. It was the only Platinum release that didn't get a Diamond release, so maybe it'll be the next Signature release? And the Pinocchio set is awesome!

I wonder what the next movie will be in this Signature series... I had heard rumors it would be "Alice in Wonderland," but all of the pages with that rumor have been edited to not have it anymore.

Originally Posted By: Diana*
This brings up a question, have they done the three bimbettes as an ornament before?

Hmm...I've never seen them nor LeFou. I've seen Fifi (and have her from Enesco paired with Lumiere). The Wardrobe's had a couple of ornaments. The Footstool is actually on one ornament that I know of from the Disney Store in the early 2000s (maybe late 1990s). I was tempted to seek it out just for that character. But, since I'm getting this, I'll happily skip over that one.

The bimbettes would make a good ornament, maybe Gaston holding them up on the bench during the song "Gaston."

Oh, and I really hope the Disney Store does some live action movie ornaments for the live action "Beauty and the Beast" like they did for the live action "Cinderella." I'm so psyched for that movie! laugh

#299542 - 09/14/16 10:59 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I was about to make a phone call when I saw the 20% since I couldn't even use my DRVCMEMBER code for 10% . . . but like you tried and it wasn't valid for the set.

I'd like the Snow White set to get her, all the dwarfs, Prince, horse, Evil Queen, Hag, Woodsman and ?

I'd like the Cinderella set for sisters, Wicked Stepmother, Prince, Carriage, Fairy Godmother and a few others.

Not EVERY Princess but Snow White would be hard to do just a usual 5-7 ornament set.

But spaced out . . . for the ole wallet.

Somehow with my two orders at end of August first of September . . . I missed ordering Up. I must have thought it was on one order and deleted it from second . . . as I edited my cart on both orders multiple times before submitting order(s). I've received at least 1 of most of the designs I plan to order this year . . . went ahead and ordered my usual 2 of a couple of must have's that I didn't want to sell out before getting 2 like Belle & the Fountain and seems like one other, maybe Si & Am which I have 2 of already.

#299597 - 09/17/16 12:20 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I have to run . . . but my package just arrived and it is HUGE. It is the only thing in my order. I'd venture to say the box is 20" x 20" or maybe even 24" x 24" . . . I'll report back later when I get home and get it opened and inspected.

#299607 - 09/17/16 05:26 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Monday. I'm looking forward to your report! laugh

#299609 - 09/17/16 05:32 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
Nice set of ornaments and really not a bad price considering you're getting twelve ornaments. I think I'll pass on it though. I have so many Beauty and the Beast ornaments that I really don't need any more.

#299615 - 09/18/16 10:15 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Mine is scheduled to arrive on Monday. I'm looking forward to your report! laugh

luckdragon . . . got the box opened but haven't taken out each ornament to inspect. Very NICE.

Large shipping box. Inside the white box and inside that the limited set. Says Limited 1200 on box lid below name. Did the others say that? Don't recall.

Very nice. So glad I ordered. In the grand scheme of things, 12 ornaments for 129.00 is NOT BAD.

Will inspect and post later after I get back from running more errands this a.m.

I'm thinking . . . I might try putting them on one of my extra Mickey Icon metal/wrought iron looking display pieces. Or ???? And enjoy them on display between now and Christmas instead of hidden in their box.

They are still available . . . but on my pop up home page on eBay yesterday . . . things you might be interested in sorta page . . . was set for 210.00 and so I searched and one more set for 199.00. Surprisingly lots of WATCHERS on the one. Also surprising lots of watchers on this years current Sketchbook ornaments and some at double and almost triple the original MSRP.

#299640 - 09/19/16 03:24 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Glad to hear they look good! laugh

#299649 - 09/19/16 11:30 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Ooops bad news.

Belle's hand is broken off, the one with the bird on her hand in the pink/burgundy dress.

They are sending a replacement. But only 11 left in stock and sending call tag for pick up of this set by UPS tomorrow . . .vs. waiting for new set so IF a different one was broken I could swap out and send bad back with one set and keep a good set.

Love the Beast. And Several others are nice, the Armoire, Cogsworth and I think the Horse, Phillipe is my next favorite next to the Beast, better than the Hallmark version. Blue dress is very nice too as are Mrs. Pott's and Chip and Lumiere.

Well, crossing fingers Set 2 arrives intact. Or else by then they'll definitely be SOLD OUT . . . and I'll have to return another broken set..

At quick glance yesterday I didn't notice they missing hand . . . but one of those unclean breaks that will be difficult to repair vs. a joint/mold/type unglued break.

So will have to box back up and set on my porch tomorrow for UPS to pick up. frown

Thinking afterward . . . I should have just ordered another set with my Monthly ornament . . . hoped for the best and then return bad set.

#299661 - 09/19/16 01:40 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh phooey. FedEx didn't get it to my local post office until 9:48 AM. My mail deliverer arrives before 9 AM, so now it says it'll come tomorrow.

I sure hope none of mine arrive broken beyond repair since they have such a limited supply left. I miss when UPS delivered.

And then I get an email from UPS saying I have a package to be delivered tomorrow. I couldn't think what it could be. Clicked on the link, and it's from the Disney Store. Must be the "Beauty and the Beast" blu-ray. I never got an email from the Disney Store saying they had shipped it. I was going to contact them this Friday if I didn't hear from them. I did see that they had charged my card last week for it, so I was surprised not to get a shipping notice. I'll have to be diligent about the $10 off $40 code. I'll be saving my $10 off $40 to the last day unless the Sketchbook ornaments go on sale or there is a free shipping promo.

#299666 - 09/19/16 03:31 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I ordered the Beauty and the Beast set as well. I hope that it all arrives in good shape. There are a lot of ornaments in the set, so it's easy to see how something might not arrive perfectly.

#299677 - 09/20/16 04:05 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

*sighs* It's now showing as Sold Out, so we're going to be stuck with what we get, Angela.

I really hope everything turns out good on the ornaments. *crosses fingers*

#299681 - 09/20/16 11:38 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

well, here's hoping that nothing is broken. Otherwise, I guess I will be returning for a refund if the breakage is not repairable.

Angela

#299694 - 09/20/16 04:53 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got mine! Luckily nothing was broken. I love the expression on the Beast's face as well as how they painted/sculpted the Wardrobe. Gaston's a bit cross-eyed and doesn't look as much like the character as I was hoping for, and the top of Belle's book is the same color as her hands, but overall I'm very happy with the set.

#299696 - 09/20/16 04:56 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Yay. Nothing broken. Here's hoping my replacement set arrives in mint condition.

#299717 - 09/21/16 01:44 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

I will definitely check mine as soon as it arrives!

#299720 - 09/21/16 04:49 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, it's back in stock now, and I was able to add it to my bag and start the checkout process, so it seems legit. I was also able to submit a review for it. wink

And my Pecos Bill ornament shipped! But, it has the same problem that my Beauty and the Beast set had: the email they sent with the hyperlink doesn't work. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm going to check it tomorrow, and if it's still not working, I'll contact Disney again to get the tracking info. I miss when they used to put the tracking information on the order page on the site. I hate relying on the emails.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator