YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 54 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26131 Topics
322967 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#300663 - 10/24/16 04:13 AM Moana limited edition ornament set
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Should have figured this was going to happen:
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...414227/1000344/

They just keep sucking me in. $69.95, but 5 nicely sculpted ornaments. Disney Store ornament sets are such an expensive habit. But, they do them so well...

Limited to 5000 sets.

Also, free shipping on all orders today. Many Sketchbook ornaments are on sale for $10 each (not the minis, Storybook Classics, limited Belle, annual glass Mickey/Minnie, light up ornaments, musical ornaments, the "Up" ornament, Elsa ornament, or Stitch in lights ornament). I wonder why Up house, Elsa, and Stitch don't count...

#300665 - 10/24/16 06:35 AM Re: Moana limited edition ornament set [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
I noticed the Moana set tonite too! I wonder if they'll drop the price closer to or after Christmas. I'm happy with all those I got for $8 the first time and then the paired discount when they added others.

I've found that by using 3 or more different words to search with, "Christmas", "Christmas ornaments", "ornaments" or "Sketchbook ornaments", they don't bring up all of the same orns each time. For instance, there's a cute Tink orn that's inside an egg! Out of those 4 sets of words, it only shows up on one of them! I've also seen them show the same orns more than once on same set of words as you page thru, which is kinda strange.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#300666 - 10/24/16 06:59 AM Re: Moana limited edition ornament set [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
It's weird what they chose to put on the $10 sale and what is excluded. Singing Belle and the light up Magic Rose are not included, but pretty princess Belle is on sale. Singing Quasimodo and Esmeralda is on sale, but not singing Rapunzel or Moana. The Ariel figure ornament is on sale, but not the singing Ariel. Stitch as alien under glass dome is on sale, but not Stitch tangled in lights. Star Wars Kylo Ren and BB-8 aren't on sale, but Rey is, as are the Storm Troopers. The "pretty princess" line (characters with fabric skirts) is almost all on sale, but not Elsa and Anna.
Maybe they are tracking to see if people prefer the sale priced ornaments over the full price? Or maybe this is just totally random?
Thanks for the heads up on the Moana set. Looks great, but I'm passing. I have only a few of the sets.

#300668 - 10/24/16 05:38 PM Re: Moana limited edition ornament set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

It might be the sales for those ornaments are higher, so they are hedging their bets that they can get more money from the more popular designs? The musical ones make sense having them at the higher prices.

Should finally get my musical Moana along with the Peter and the Wolf limited and a few more items tomorrow.

I did get my Vanessa ornament today though!

#300670 - 10/25/16 07:21 AM Re: Moana limited edition ornament set [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
It looks like the ornaments with batteries are the ones not on sale.

#300676 - 10/25/16 10:54 AM Re: Moana limited edition ornament set [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

It was mostly the battery operated ones that weren't on sale, but not universally. The singing Hunchback of Notre Dame was discounted, as was the light up Sorcerer Mickey.
In any case, looks like that particular sale is over already and now a completely different group of ornaments are 25% off (looks like mini sets, ball ornament sets, shoes, and all-fabric/plush pieces).

#300685 - 10/25/16 04:22 PM Re: Moana limited edition ornament set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Quasimodo and Esmeralda isn't a musical ornament. wink I'd love to have a musical ornament for the song "Out There." Just Quasimodo's part after Frollo leaves. I love that song! "God Hlep the Outcasts" would be nice too.

Yeah, most of the Christmas stuff is on sale for 25% off (not the Moana set, I tried it).

Finally got my order from last Monday today. Love the Peter and the Wolf ornament and the Moana singing ornament. Happy with the song clip for the musical Rapunzel ornament, and her face looks a bit weird. But other than that, it's fine.

Chip 'n Dale must have sold out again. Now, the Finding Dory glass ornament with Hank over the top of the ornament has sold out.

Edit: Pecos Bill has sold out.

Edited by luckdragon (10/25/16 07:45 PM)

#300692 - 10/25/16 11:52 PM Re: Moana limited edition ornament set [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Haha, I just assumed the Hunchback was singing - mainly because it was two characters. btw - I looked at several before finding one with a half way decent paint job on her eyes. Some were pretty messed up. (I exchanged the one I was shipped at the store.)

Also, everybody check your singing Rapunzel ornament carefully. All but one at the Disney store had damage to either the guitar neck, or her hand holding it around the wrist (or both).

I should have purchased Vanessa from Little Mermaid when I saw it in the store last month. The two stores around here have sold out and they aren't sure if they'll be getting more.

Was Mickey and Minnie in the old-fashioned car an in-store exclusive, or was it also available online? I haven't seen it online for awhile.

Moderator:  Moderator