YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (digitalDREAMBOOK, SandyT), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26155 Topics
323401 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#30167 - 03/13/06 01:38 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would the wire reindeer be a good size for using with my Snow Village (Dept 56) houses?
They would look cute in the yard if they are not too big.

#30168 - 03/13/06 03:03 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
Govoni Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Hagerstown,MD USA
Thanks so much Donna for sharing the pictures! You can see how desparate we all are for a glimpse! I really like the Mickey, Goofy and Donald, at the piano! Does anyone know what it plays?

My second thought, (altho I am peeved at HM) is, look at how much excitement this has caused by holding back on the Dream Book, on-line and hard copy too! Actually, it may spurr more of an interest in the ornaments if they hold out a little longer in this way.

As far as the membership thing goes, I am still ticked about that! Nancy

#30169 - 03/13/06 05:17 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ginny:
I don't remember what your tip was, but did you see a Santa Around the World in the pictures? If there was one, I missed it on my 4 times through the album. I know someone below mentioned that they thought there was one, but she wasn't entirely sure. I didn't see the mini set of Santa Around the World either in the pics ... should I have?[This message has been edited by Ginny (edited 03-13-2006).]

I was told there would be something for Santas Around the World, so I assumed upon seeing the pics, the Miniature set was it. I can't recall seeing a big one in the pictures. I just remember in December someone saying that there wouldn't be any thing else to do with them. But, if someone here said there was one, then maybe there is. The book is a prototype, right? I didn't see a bunch of the usual ornaments when I looked at the pics. Such as the train, firetruck, Star Wars, Treasures and Dreams, & Nick and Christopher. I may have missed them though. If I did, someone tell me.

Upon thinking about it when I got off, Chihuahua makes more sense to me now. Corgis have legs too short for the position of the ornament's legs. Plus, it makes sense for a Chihuahua puppy to be in a glove/mitten. Not many Chihuahua Christmas items are produced, so it'll be a nice change.

Also, I goofed in my last post. The Tinkerbell ornament I meant was from 2002, not 2001. The one with Tinkerbell on the blue hinged box and she twirls when you wind her up.

Edit: For someone who writes stuff all the time, I sure do make a bunch of stupid grammar mistakes. *sigh*

[This message has been edited by luckdragon (edited 03-13-2006).]

#30170 - 03/13/06 05:43 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Idaho
I think I saw a Nick & Christopher ornament on the same page as Frosty Friends, Cool Decade, Snowbuddies and Snowball & Tuxedo.

Thank you Donna, for letting us see your pictures!

Didn't we see those light bulbs with the faces at the Keepsake Lane sneek peek? I know I've seen them before. The 6-pack of Peanuts minatures is cute, too.

Nancy, I was just telling a collector friend that I would be more excited about the ornaments at Premiere if I won't be looking at the Dream Book for seven months in advance....

The Mickey playing the piano and the other with Mickey in the chair with his legs up on Pluto, I like! Was that a Snoopy Snowman? Too cute! The mom, dad, son, daughter reindeer look fun. Can't wait to see them in person.

Stacey

#30171 - 03/13/06 06:59 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
julia Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Oxford, PA 19363
Wow! Thanks for the pictures! Just when I was disappointed about getting the May dreambook, I was pleasantly surprised by the sneak peek!! I don't mind the pictures at all - it satisfied some of my curiosity at least! My eyes were nearly attached to my computer screen! How pathetic am I? Thanks for posting them!

#30172 - 03/13/06 07:11 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Cathy, Would you consider the he Noelville candy house, sort of a gingerbread house? If that is what you are talking about, "this" is the one I really have to have. I thought it was a gingerbread house. I do like the way it looks all lit up.

#30173 - 03/13/06 07:22 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Hi Donna,
Thanks for posting the pics! Did anyone else take photos at the Fling? Sure wish we could've been there!! Also wish the online Dream Book was up, but ohhhh wellll.

Melissa, I'm with you! There are lots of orns I'll be able to "save" money on and do without - Pooh, Barbie, Star Trek, vehicles of any kind, GWTW, Oz, etc., but some I really want to see more of and know more about!!

The Carousel Ride Reindeer, Frosty, Fairy Messengers, Mary's Angels, Sweet Tooth Treats, Mischievous Kittens, Spotlight on Snoopy, NH&S, Pony for Christmas are all series I collect, so I'll be getting those for sure. I think the only new series that interest me are The Gift of Love angel and the Noelville (sp?) house. The Christmas Bells orn looks interesting, but I've got enough series already.

Hoops and Yoyo rock!! I'll be getting that orn for sure! Also, I couldn't tell from the photo, but is that the Big Rock Candy Mountain (or whatever it was called) orn that we saw the slide of at the KLE? If, so I want to see that one for sure! Were those the magnetic tree & orns we saw slides of at the KLE too? What was the price on the orn sets and the tree?

Wasn't particularly excited about most of the Disney orns so far and I've definitely had enough of Tink!! It didn't look like the WTP book is the last in series yet. When will that one ever end? What was the orn that looked like an open book, but also had a pic of what looked like a lunchbox by it?

What kind of critter is the Jack-in-the-Box Memories orn? It was hard to tell. What is inside the Winter Wonderland snowglobe? The T&D castle definitely doesn't look like any Disney castle. I want to see this one first.

Would like to see the "unofficial series" Noah's Ark and the "unofficial series" Puzzling Penguins orn too. Need to see the gold display tree and the 3-tiered thing.

Are there no Thomas Kinkade orns this year? Pepe and Penelope are really cute, Narnia is a must-have (wish there were others!), need to see Shrek (where is the Princess Fiona orn??!!) and the Peanuts Nativity.

A couple of the family reindeer remind me of the blue and white Graceful Reindeer from 2001. What were those two red orns on that one page, lingerie orns?? What was in the box of that other orn on that page?

Thanks again for posting these pics and can't wait to see more!!

------------------
Karen W2 - Paradise - San Diego, USA!

"The sea monkey has my money"

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#30174 - 03/13/06 07:41 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
RJingle Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Bedminster, NJ, USA
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I LOVE THE NEW FAIRY! Very cute! I'm still disappointed that there won't be individual minis. I wanted an elephant or a kangaroo for the carousel. I thought the description of the series said they would be "unusual" animals??????

#30175 - 03/13/06 08:49 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
Ginny Offline
Santa's Helper

Yes, I agree that the new miniature set is probably what was meant when it was said there'd be more Santas Around the World. I still didn't see them though, and would like to. Were they in Donna's pictures? If so, please help me find them.

I doubt that there is an addition to the regular size on that collection

#30176 - 03/13/06 09:27 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
hart*attack Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Kansas City, MO
Thanks, Donna, for posting the pictures. I always reserve all editorial comment (even to myself) until I see the real Dream Book. Yes, your pictures were blurry but I was so starved for a peak that I know I'll be visiting your album again until we get the real Dream Book. There's no need to join the website either. I clicked on "create an account later" and was able to see all 55 of your wonderful photographs. Many thanks for your posting.

#30177 - 03/13/06 11:05 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
cally Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Let me thank you too, Donna, for posting the photos.....a little blur never hurt anyone, it's just as if I forgot my reading glasses. I was able to copy and email some of the pics to some of my other local club members too, so thanks from all of us!
Sandy

#30178 - 03/14/06 10:32 AM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen W2:
What kind of critter is the Jack-in-the-Box Memories orn? It was hard to tell.

To me, it looks like it could be a teddy bear. Or maybe an elf? The bottom looks like a bunch of toys possibly, that's why I think bear or elf. I was secretly hoping for an angel and hope an angel is done eventually. And a Nutcracker. A bear would be fun though, and the colors look much better than the reindeer from last year.

I'm also loving the new angel series.

For the blur thing, it does keep us in suspense, so I think it kind of adds to the excitement of trying to guess what everything is.

#30179 - 03/14/06 10:41 AM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Sorry for double posting, but I read this, and thought I'd post again.

Quote:
Originally posted by RJingle:
I wanted an elephant or a kangaroo for the carousel. I thought the description of the series said they would be "unusual" animals??????

While I wanted an elephant too, I don't think there will be one. I honestly think they are based on Dentzel carousels from the early part of the 20th century. You can see more about it here: http://www.yulelog.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/011713.html

So far, the theory is holding up well.

#30180 - 03/14/06 10:56 AM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
hmornaments Offline
Elf

Loc: Ridgeley, WV, USA
I dont think I have seen anybody talk about the Lionel Ornaments?? Did anyone see them in this advanced copy of the Dream Book?

#30181 - 03/14/06 12:19 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
marywarning Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greer, S.C.
Thank you Donna for the pictures.
It helps a lot to see some of the ornaments.
Mary

#30182 - 03/14/06 12:24 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, long time no talk! Thanks for posting the pics!!! I have to have the star trek transporter ornie, and the narnia one as well. My collecting has been drastically curtailed for lack of money, storage space, and xmas tree space, but there are a few I have to have this year.

Someone asked about the Disney ornies - looks like from the pics posted that there are two ornies from the upcoming Pixar film Cars.

#30183 - 03/14/06 12:42 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Gozzinta:
I think it is one of the penguins from the movie, Happy Feet, due out in November 2006.

Thanks, Michael! Those little dancing penguins sure look cute. I hope it's a good movie.

#30184 - 03/14/06 12:49 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
Ginny Offline
Santa's Helper

luckdragon, and anyone else like us who is interested in those mini Around the World Santas, here is the missing page (thanks to a kind YLer who sent it to me)from the Dream Book that shows them. It's the left side of this page.....

[img]http://home.swbell.net/gerhar/mini_santas_etc[/img]

#30185 - 03/14/06 12:54 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Diana*:
I'm really happy to see that new magnetic light system in the Dreambook. Is the set of Peanuts ornaments part of that new system, too? Or just the lightbulbs and snowmen? Does anybody recall the price for those?
Oh drat, a second look has answered some of my own questions. Those orns look like they have regular loops and strings holding them on the tree, so I guess that means they didn't go ahead with the magnetic light system. Unless the picture is misleading...

#30186 - 03/14/06 12:59 PM Re: I saw some of the new ornaments!!!
SamIam Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Manchester, NH
Sam's pet peeve, gold strings on ornaments, I cut them all of and replace with a pretty ribbon, please oh please, Hallmark do not go down that path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Moderator