YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26119 Topics
322843 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#304357 - 01/31/17 12:03 PM Official final Beauty and the Beast live action trailer dropped!
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I figured this is a more appropriate place to put this. If you haven't seen the trailer yet (I didn't until going on Youtube since I don't watch "The Bachelor" and that's supposed to be where it was launched), here is a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nl_TCQXuw

So, what do you think? I'm very excited for this film! I watched the live action "Cinderella" again a couple of nights ago, and while I think it was a step up from "Maleficent," I think this looks much better. I was kind of biased against the live action "Cinderella" since I love the Drew Barrymore movie, "Ever After" (which I watched the next night) and think it's probably one of the best live action adaptations of a fairy tale.

So, who is planning to go see it? I'll be honest that I actually teared up watching it. I remember going to the theaters to see the re-release when they did the 3D version. I didn't go to the 3D film, but they had the regular film in another theater, and I was tearing up watching it too. The reason for that was I had forgotten how beautiful hand-drawn animation is on the big screen, and I miss it. I was tearing up for this because it just looks really good (except the Beast's appearance is still a cross between 80s Vincent from the TV show "Beauty and the Beast" and a goat with dark fur, but the Beast is one of my favorite Disney characters ever, and I love Glen Keane's work and wish they had at least done his horns like the character's). I also wish Howard Ashman was around to see this. I think he would have loved it.

#304366 - 01/31/17 06:41 PM Re: Official final Beauty and the Beast live action trailer dropped! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
My hubby already booked tickets for us to see it opening weekend at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood. I can't wait! We love the original animated musical and probably know the words to every song.

btw - I know there are Disney pin collectors here... if there is going to be an El Capitan or Disney Studio Store exclusive you want let me know and I can try to pick them up for you. However, I think we are seeing the show on Saturday, which means some of the pins may be sold out already by then. They are doing a special premiere thing on the 16th.

#304371 - 01/31/17 10:41 PM Re: Official final Beauty and the Beast live action trailer dropped! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I was looking forward to this, but I hadn't followed closely enough to realize it was going to be a musical. Now I absolutely can not wait!!!

I do wish they were going to include at least "Me" from the Broadway version, but I am still so jazzed.

#304558 - 02/04/17 05:07 PM Re: Official final Beauty and the Beast live action trailer dropped! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
I'm looking forward to seeing it. It looks pretty well done. I'll probably go to that Thursday night premiere where you get the poster. I don't know if it's a movie poster or not. I already have a couple from the new film. Can't get enough Disney movie posters though.

#304578 - 02/04/17 09:02 PM Re: Official final Beauty and the Beast live action trailer dropped! [Re: MeowRalphMeow]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: MeowRalphMeow
I'm looking forward to seeing it. It looks pretty well done. I'll probably go to that Thursday night premiere where you get the poster. I don't know if it's a movie poster or not. I already have a couple from the new film. Can't get enough Disney movie posters though.

Speaking of posters, Disney Movie Rewards has a poster up for 500 points:
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/rewards/beauty-and-the-beast-2017-poster-8409

They also have a print of Beauty and the Beast art by Paige O'Hara (original Belle). She does have art that comes up on the Disney Store website sometimes:
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/rewards/beauty-disneygraph-8385

#304675 - 02/06/17 03:43 PM Re: Official final Beauty and the Beast live action trailer dropped! [Re: luckdragon]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
I've got tickets for the special D23 Be Our Guest luncheon just prior to a preview screening of the new BatB in Denver. I'm looking forward to seeing this live action version of BatB with all the wonderful music from Alan Menken and the late Howard Ashman. IMHO, the live-action Cinderella was lacking because Disney decided to leave out most of the original music from the animated version.

#304839 - 02/11/17 09:06 PM Re: Official final Beauty and the Beast live action trailer dropped! [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: luckdragon

Speaking of posters, Disney Movie Rewards has a poster up for 500 points:
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/rewards/beauty-and-the-beast-2017-poster-8409

I saw that a couple of weeks ago. I already have one of those. It's pretty nice but I really miss the days of movie posters using artwork instead of photoshopping images together. Sadly, the studios don't want to shell out the money to commission artwork anymore.

Moderator:  Moderator