YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
YuleLog Links
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5527 Members
14 Forums
24384 Topics
299217 Posts

Max Online: 166 @ 11/18/12 08:16 AM
Google Ads
Local Hallmark Store

Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#305783 - 03/17/17 11:13 AM Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas?
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I thought I saw some sneak peeks of the Twelve Days of Christmas series... for when after they are done with the birds, but now I can't find it. Does anybody have the images?

#305784 - 03/17/17 11:16 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
beaglebabes Offline
Elf VP

Loc: WI
They are on Digital Dreambook in the older news.

#305800 - 03/17/17 09:49 PM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
Collectorjoy
Unregistered

Could you please tell me where to find the older news?

Joyce

#305801 - 03/17/17 10:05 PM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: Diana*
I thought I saw some sneak peeks of the Twelve Days of Christmas series... for when after they are done with the birds, but now I can't find it. Does anybody have the images?

Are you talking about the stuff in the 2011 KOC Dream Book? DDB has it uploaded:
http://digitaldreambook.webs.com/Dream%20Books/2011_Dream_Book.pdf

It's an article talking about the series, and it shows a sketch of the dancing one.

#305834 - 03/19/17 08:41 PM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
Collectorjoy
Unregistered

Thanks for the link Amanda, but I was referring to the article Diana was referring to above. Does anyone have a link to that article?

Joyce

#305835 - 03/19/17 08:54 PM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
It would help me to think about if I've seen it and where if you'd provide a little more detail. Was there text with the pictures? Were all the pictures on one page? How detailed were the pictures?

#305836 - 03/19/17 10:34 PM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
KCC Pursuit Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Albuquerque, NM, USA
Is this what your looking for: "For those wondering if the series will be all birds—it would be if Edythe had written the song. However, she promises to hold true to the song’s verses, so there will be more birds until 2018 with the release of her creation celebrating Eight Maids a Milking".

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~

#305837 - 03/19/17 11:00 PM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Hallmark also stated that in a reply to an ornament review a couple of years ago that they will be human starting with Eight Maids a Milkin'. The minis last year also confirmed it.

I'm looking forward to the swan. I love the little gold crown on it (kind of a subtle nod to Hallmark, probably unintentional but cool nonetheless). It also reminds me of the animated Christmas special, "The Nutcracker Prince" because there were swans with crowns. wink I have a soft spot for that animated special. It was more based on the book than the ballet, so it was the land of the dolls instead of the land of sweets. They also show how the nutcracker turned into the nutcracker, just like the book explains.

#305846 - 03/20/17 07:46 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Great series!!! Looking forward to the next six.

#305855 - 03/20/17 10:27 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: luckdragon]
Elliott the Elf Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
I'm looking forward to the swan. I love the little gold crown on it (kind of a subtle nod to Hallmark, probably unintentional but cool nonetheless).

My husband and I attended the Edythe signing in Delaware and seen the swan as a preview. It is really beautiful in person and probably my all time favorite of the series so far. You will love it.

#305868 - 03/20/17 06:27 PM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

More than likely. I really like the picture of it. White tends to pop well on Christmas trees, that's why I keep waiting/hoping for a dove for Beauty of Birds.

#305880 - 03/21/17 07:42 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Hopefully there will be a sneak peek of next years at the KOC event in August.

#305888 - 03/21/17 08:47 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks Amanda for the photo and article and Marc for the info. I thought there were more drawings of the maids/lords/etc but maybe I'm just confusing it with the mini set?

I'm really curious about the color scheme on the people characters. I'm hoping the series coordinates these so they fit nicely with the earlier birds.

#305890 - 03/21/17 09:19 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
KCC Pursuit Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Albuquerque, NM, USA
I wonder if given how poorly the miniature "12 Little Days of Christmas" sets sold if Hallmark and Edythe will revisit how to interpret the last five pieces and possibly re-concept them.

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~

#305892 - 03/21/17 09:39 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: KCC Pursuit]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: KCC Pursuit
I wonder if given how poorly the miniature "12 Little Days of Christmas" sets sold if Hallmark and Edythe will revisit how to interpret the last five pieces and possibly re-concept them.

Marc, do you think it was the design that was keeping people from buying?

There were a lot of the mini sets available on sale after Christmas around here, but I wasn't sure if that was an indication of poor sales or of over-manufacturing? Sometimes what appears on the "top ten sales" lists also appears in large quantities on the after-Christmas for-sale shelves.

I thought they were cute, but the price point had me staying clear. So for me it wasn't the design or concept, but just price-for-product that kept me from buying. The set was just about $100, and that could buy several other ornaments.

I didn't even look at them at 50% off, and only glanced at 75% off. The quantity available on shelves had me guessing they would still go lower. I bought a set at 80% off as a gift for a friend. Didn't buy one for myself until they went to 90%. However, the day they went 90% a woman came through the store with a shopping cart and bought every single set still on the store shelves (I'm guessing about 20 or so sets). I'm glad I got there early to get mine!

#305894 - 03/21/17 10:14 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Personally, I was already collecting the big series, and I just had no interest in buying the smaller versions, especially since they were not colorful and were expensive. I think the designs of the pieces were fine, and I'm sure the regular series will have more detail and definitely color.

#305898 - 03/21/17 10:51 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
I enjoy the smaller ornaments. I'm running out of ROOM!

It was the price that stopped me from buying. I purchased the whole set when they went to $2.00. Only purchased ONE set for myself.

The color is OK and will look nice as a grouping.

#305902 - 03/21/17 11:39 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I doubt they will change direction this late. But either way I plan to complete the series.

#305905 - 03/21/17 11:42 AM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: JerseyVike]
beaglebabes Offline
Elf VP

Loc: WI
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
I doubt they will change direction this late. But either way I plan to complete the series.
I agree with you. I was hoping for all birds but that was someone else at Hallmark who made the decision. Since for the 5 Golden Rings weren't actually rings, I was really hoping the rest would be birds.

#305908 - 03/21/17 04:34 PM Re: Sneak Peek of Twelve Days of Christmas? [Re: Diana*]
Barbara Harris Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Miami County, Kansas, USA
Back when 12 Days started was one of the few years when I held firm on my decision about cutting back. However, I marked the mini set for my Hold bag, then ended up not getting them. Decision was based on 'bang for the buck' - nice set but too pricey and not much visual appeal, to me.

Now, six years into the regular 12 Days series, I like them more and more and may go back for them. The swan is stunning (as is the bird in real life) and I may get it for itself. Ha! As if I could have just one and not the others.

I'm betting we will see more sneak peeks of this series going forward to keep collectors' interest high.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator