YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 81 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26119 Topics
322842 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#305636 - 03/13/17 05:13 AM Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action)
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...424866/1000344/

A bit pricey. I have the code for pre-ordering "Moana," but I don't know if I want this yet. It's pretty, but the price seems about $10-$15 too high.

#305639 - 03/13/17 10:28 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Even lighting up, I'm with you, that seems too expensive.

I just realized that the code for Moana expires next Sunday. I was hoping to use it for this month's ornament and pin. One day short! Oh well.

#305640 - 03/13/17 10:28 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I think I'll pass. I didn't get the Cinderella Coach from that live action movie. I seem to recall it went FAST too.

And since they had a very similar ornament from the Sketchbook line this past season . . . so with that I think I'm good.

The limited edition Cogsworth and Lumiere are quite spendy too.

#305642 - 03/13/17 01:25 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: carstairs38
I just realized that the code for Moana expires next Sunday. I was hoping to use it for this month's ornament and pin. One day short! Oh well.

Yep, it does. And the Rogue One code will expire one day before the Three Little Pigs ornament comes out.

I did go research the topic on the Cinderella ornaments to see if the price was on there. Nope, but I feel like they were cheaper. And they offered free shipping with a Cinderella purchase the weekend the film came out, so I'm holding off on using my $10 off $40. Still unsure if I'll get the ornament or not.

Wish I hadn't already pre-ordered Rogue One. I could have used it when I do use the $10 off $40. Instead, they got back in stock the "Beauty and the Beast" 25th anniversary 1000 piece puzzle that I had been wanting (and every time I checked, it was out of stock), so I ordered it along with a Lion King puzzle and something else to use the $10 off $40, adding in Rogue One to get free shipping. Unfortunately, I wasn't logged in when I put the code in. So, I logged in and did not pay attention that once I logged in, it kept the free shipping code but took off the $10 off $40 code. Grr! Like an idiot, I had already paid for it. Then, I was wondering why the total was higher than I thought it should be. Yeah, well, live and learn. I started putting together puzzles as a hobby the week before my mom died as a way to pass the time and keep my mind occupied. I quite enjoyed it. At least I got the puzzle (should arrive within the next three hours, actually) because its page is now totally gone. The Lion King's page is also gone.

This is the puzzle:
https://smile.amazon.com/Beauty-Beast-Disney-Signature-Jigsaw/dp/B01M67BTP2

Nearly every puzzle on Amazon has at least one 1-star review due to missing pieces, so I'm not that concerned by the review.

#305643 - 03/13/17 02:18 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I saw all the Signature Puzzles in the parks shops back in December. Don't recall IF they were same price . . . I thought they had raised the price of the Cinderella's LEGO Castle to 349.00 in the parks but last time I saw it in stock at Disneystore.com it was also up to 349.00 from 299.00.

#305646 - 03/13/17 05:13 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
I saw all the Signature Puzzles in the parks shops back in December. Don't recall IF they were same price . . . I thought they had raised the price of the Cinderella's LEGO Castle to 349.00 in the parks but last time I saw it in stock at Disneystore.com it was also up to 349.00 from 299.00.

That's not very surprising considering it was December. Where I work, my job is basically pricing. I print/put up all of the signage and do the price changes for the store (as well as other things, but these are the two main things). In November/December, I go to third shift because there is a lot more to do. A lot of prices go up at Christmas. The week before Christmas, there were price changes every night. One night, it was over 800 items going up. A lot of times, an item's price increase was paired with a sale, making the item's "sale" price the same as its retail price back in September. Sometimes, the "sale" price was actually higher than the retail from months before. Then in February/March, a lot of those items go right back down to where they started. It happens at nearly every retailer. I can only imagine the amount of manpower it takes for Wal-Mart and Target to do price changes at Christmas. I can average around 150 price changes an hour if I book through the store. The annoying part about it at Christmas, especially in December is that the window of time with no customers in the store is quite small. At one point, you have the store closing at 2 in the morning and re-opening at 6, it's a tiny window, and when the price changes start at midnight, well you have to sometimes try to be as sneaky as you can so the customer doesn't notice you're raising prices. I would try to go to the aisles without people first, but sometimes you cannot, so my method was to go swipe the "wrong" lower price tags off and then sweep back through with the "right" higher price tags. It minimizes the chance that the customer sees the lower prices.

It sounds bad, but stores make the majority of their profits in late November-Christmas, so if people didn't buy the overpriced merchandise, there wouldn't be stores to shop at, and everything would be online.

#305764 - 03/17/17 04:57 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yep, they're doing free shipping with a "Beauty and the Beast" item. I think the shopping tote is the cheapest thing.

I went ahead and bought the rose ornament. My $10 off $40 code's going to expire, and with the free shipping, it knocked the price of the ornament closer to the $30 price tag I think it deserved. I added a Donald Duck tsum tsum to it to get it over $40 (darn those .95 price tags). I don't buy tsum tsum stuff, but it was the cheapest thing I could find at $1.99.

#305922 - 03/21/17 09:16 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
I'll pass on that one. Not my kind of ornament but I can see where others would really like it.

#306034 - 03/24/17 08:01 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Okay, so I understand now why the ornament was $40. It's much larger than the one from last year:

It's very pretty. Not sure if I'll display it on a tree...it would probably look good displayed year round. I might need to see if I could find a doll-sized table to put it on and display it next to my Precious Moments Belle and Prince dolls (the prince doll from them drives me nuts because he has brown eyes). It would probably be cute displayed with them.

The box it is in is gorgeous. I just love how the Disney Store boxes special edition ornaments. I love the foam insert, the satin lining, the plastic over that, and the well-crafted box. This box reminds me of the live action Cinderella carriage ornament with the same magnetic closure. I wish Hallmark would do this type of packaging for the premium ornaments.

#306036 - 03/24/17 10:07 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Wow, that looks pretty spectacular!

#306108 - 03/28/17 11:38 PM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Luckdragon pointed out that the new Enchanted Rose ornament has sold out. Sometimes sell outs are just a temporary thing and more will come back into stock later. But even the page is gone, which makes me suspect this one is gone for good.

#306120 - 03/29/17 10:50 AM Re: Beauty and the Beast rose ornament (live action) [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

oops I will tell myself I didn't really need it. I just wasn't going to buy without a discount code. Had about $150 in my cart, emailed Disney Store . . . got the usual canned response. Not like I will miss it but it would have looked nice with my B&B Jim Shore pieces.

Moderator:  Moderator