YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
YuleLog Links
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5527 Members
14 Forums
24384 Topics
299217 Posts

Max Online: 166 @ 11/18/12 08:16 AM
Google Ads
Local Hallmark Store

Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#307087 - 04/17/17 06:42 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Three Little Pigs is up!

https://www.disneystore.com/mp/1427259/1000344/

Sadly, they raised the free shipping threshold back up to $75. frown Shame. Hopefully, they'll bring back the $50 threshold because the code for free shipping if you spend $75 is SPRING, and that's a weird code.

#307088 - 04/17/17 08:11 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Thanks~!

Looks like all the new Cars 3 merchandise is beginning to hit the Disney Store today.

Glad 3 Little Pigs was available today . . . I was half expecting it to not show up until next Monday.

#307090 - 04/17/17 10:01 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Elf VP

Loc: Texas
I ordered it today - thanks for the reminder!

Angela

#307092 - 04/17/17 10:27 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Got mine ordered! And thanks for the heads up on shipping. I wasn't at all tempted to try to find something to qualify for free shipping as a result. smile

#307096 - 04/17/17 11:32 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

DRVCSWIM for 20% off.

I added another Mouse Quote tshirt, WDW version blue/white for me and one for husband (for our next trip, he doesn't wear Disney items any other time), on sale. So now I have this, LOVE the quote, on a sweatshirt, with hidden pockets, LOVE LOVE LOVE it but doesn't get that cold here so don't get to wear too often, a raglan tee version and now a standard tshirt version. Walt's quote to "Always Remember, It Was All Started by a Mouse". smile I bought daughter the sweatshirt one too, when we went to Disney back in December, and we had several people stop us and ask 1) is it current and 2) where did we buy it. I bought online . . . but also saw it in theme park shops . . . as one of her wake-up in the morning gift wrapped presents from Tinkerbell (ole family tradition except I didn't do it every morning this trip, just a few).

Yes, I'm a Disney Addict (aka DISNERD) but then it isn't like that is a big secret around here.

#307098 - 04/17/17 12:46 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Ok, I'm putting together my shopping basket. Notice on the site it says free shipping with $50 purchase code: sunshine
I think Parks25 has expired for 25% off Disney parks items. Haven't checked yet.
Update: it has expired.
Thanks for the 20% off $50 purchase code, Deana. I made good use of it.
I bought two of the pigs ornaments, a super sale Marvel shirt for Josh, and a couple of sets of Star Wars embroidered patches on super sale (less than $2 for a set).
The sale, discount, and free shipping made this a sweet check out.

Edited by Diana* (04/17/17 01:37 PM)
Edit Reason: updated

#307099 - 04/17/17 12:48 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I thought it was suppose to expire yesterday . . . but I didn't even try . . . oooops~! blush

#307101 - 04/17/17 01:33 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

You were right, it did expire last night. I try expired codes when I remember just in case they didn't update, or in case they extended the sale (which happens once in a blue moon).

#307102 - 04/17/17 03:14 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Yay at least the 20% worked . . . I would have gone for 50 free shipping but didn't know . . . oh well after discount I was at like 76 but happy with items and amount.

Ah 2 of the Three Little Pigs ornaments . . . I too was tempted by 2 of them it is so darn cute. So far the only duplicates I have bought was the very first one Walt, the last one of that series another Walt (I think, it has been awhile) and 2 of the Snow White and Prince. smile

#307103 - 04/17/17 03:54 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Even though I really like the ornament, I'm going to pass. Too many on my Hallmark list that I'd want before this one.

#307113 - 04/17/17 07:00 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

So many replies today compared to the last few months.

Now...the dilemma...will this take the place of Ugly Duckling for my favorite...hmm... That Ugly Duckling ornament is amazing, but this ornament is brilliant too.

We're 75% done! And, honestly this is my favorite series of the limited series. Part of me is eager to see if they can top this in August with a new series, but another part of me is saying, "Do some ornaments like the Pooh ornament from last year." You know, the one with him just standing on his name. Something bland that I would be willing to stop buying.

Also, Once Upon a Wintertime finally sold out! *round of applause* To me, it's a Disney couple ornament. If I ever decide to do a tree for Valentine's Day, I would do all Disney couples.

#307130 - 04/18/17 12:23 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Personally, I'm waiting to see the ornament before I decide if it is my favorite in the series. wink

I think it has a chance at being a contender. Like you, The Ugly Duckling is my current favorite.

#307139 - 04/18/17 08:57 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, I have a tiny little confession to make . . .

1st monthly series = zero skips

2nd monthly series = zero skips

Current monthly series = several skips + one I should have skipped but didn't, so 4 skips + 1 shoulda skipped

Seems many hung around for days and weeks and in some cases months before selling out so I must not be completely alone in being less than inclined to buy a few of the designs.

As for August . . . I have a feeling next series might be a Pixar based series. Maybe.

#307148 - 04/18/17 03:32 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They allotted more to the states. UK is selling out of them fast, and on one of them, I read they only gave 100 to overseas, so the allotment here is probably 1000 (unless Disney Store Japan had a separate allotment from Disney Store UK; I believe they sell them on the Japan website).

What's shocking to me is that the pins aren't selling out. I would have thought the pins would have sold out before the ornaments, but that's not the case. I don't know if it's the pin collectors not knowing about this or just the fact that the ornament collectors do know about this and have figured out the release date pattern...

It could be that people don't know these characters/stories as well. That's the biggest draw to me: they're different! They're unique, they're special. You're unlikely to see them again. I'm sure Steve Thompson had a lot of fun designing them because it's not a princess (besides Snow White), Mickey (yeah, yeah, ignore the first), Pooh, Lightning McQueen, etc. I would love to know who came up with this concept for this particular series, especially pairing them with a pin. But this might be why Mary Poppins sold out her pin quickly compared to the others. The character/story is better known. Snow White's pin will probably sell out before these other pins. I'm not sure how the ornament will do (I'm happy to see her in rags since that's different). It would be kind of fun if Snow White was always a part of the monthly series (she could be the Ratzenberger of the monthly ornaments; and please tell me you folks get the reference ;)). So far, that movie has been part of each series.

I wonder if the next series will have pin complements or if they'll maybe do a vinylmation complement? Maybe a plush? Or a mug? Or they may go back to just ornaments.

#307149 - 04/18/17 05:08 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
and please tell me you folks get the reference ;)). So far, that movie has been part of each series.

Yep . . . got it. smile

After several years of no trips absence from WDW . . . pin collecting just isn't what it use to be in my opinion. Last trip and most recent trip, I didn't purchase a single pin. I traded a few but found it was very difficult to find any pins I was even interested in trading for.

The designs have gone down in quality, for a majority of them, some are just too tiny . . . to enable the designers/artists to create the designs of years gone by details. And of course the prices are higher so harder to fork out the $$$.

I love the pins I have . . . but don't see my collection growing anytime in the foreseeable future. Which is sad . . . that was always such a fun family activity and some trips we spent an easy two or three hundred on pins alone from our souvenir dollars budget in addition to other things from the parks.

I'm guessing there are some special releases and limited editions that may still be a great pin, but we miss most all of those as we just aren't there when they are available but oh well . . . my pin display cabinets are very full with little room remianing for additions.

#307157 - 04/19/17 12:59 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Of course, I got that reference. (I love the joke they play on themselves at the end of Cars during the credits about that, too.)

My take on the pins - designs like this, while cool, are hard to wear. Plus, they don't have a lot of pins on the site since it's usually a park thing. I think between the two, that helps explain the lack of sales for the pins.

What I'm finding interesting about this third series is that it isn't showing up on Amazon. After the first couple, none of the ornaments have shown up there, so I haven't been able to link my reviews up. Not that it's stop me from reviewing these ornaments. And only the first pin showed up.

I'm wondering if, with the slower sales, they will have a fourth series or if this is going to make them think people are growing tired of these ornaments.

#307159 - 04/19/17 07:22 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: carstairs38

My take on the pins - designs like this, while cool, are hard to wear. Plus, they don't have a lot of pins on the site since it's usually a park thing. I think between the two, that helps explain the lack of sales for the pins.

Very true. Also hard to display IF you feature your pins behind a glass type shadowbox . . . do you display them open or closed or buy two of each and display one open & one closed? That would get very expensive.

Love some of the spinner pins, a Farewell Main Street Electrical Parade from 2001 is one of my favorites in my collection and at one time was expensive on the secondary . . . and apparently still is, mostly 80.00 range but there is one BIN for 49 bucks, but I'd never sell mine.

MSEP-ParadePin

Other pins have come & gone . . . there were a set of 4 during the 100 Year Celebration . . . those pins were HUGE and not really traditional cloisonne/metal pins . . . they had batteries and on certain rides and attractions would start going off with lights and such plus $ price tags each . . . we bought a couple of them, maybe 3 out of 4 designs (Tree of Life, skipped it), but trip before last I had husband replace batteries and added them to my trader lanyard . . . was glad to get rid of them and person was THRILLED to find them and trade me. Then there are dangles and there were some that you could add little "attachments" to which added up $-wise. So some pin styles come & go . . . so that said . . . I don't think I have any pins like these that open/close in my collection. And 14.95 is on the upper end of pin prices with the exception of maybe the jumbo pins.

#307160 - 04/19/17 07:24 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon

It could be that people don't know these characters/stories as well. That's the biggest draw to me: they're different! They're unique, they're special. You're unlikely to see them again. I'm sure Steve Thompson had a lot of fun designing them because it's not a princess (besides Snow White), Mickey (yeah, yeah, ignore the first), Pooh, Lightning McQueen, etc. I would love to know who came up with this concept for this particular series, especially pairing them with a pin.

True. While I'm familiar with most all of them, I'd never heard of Lambert the Lion.

#307224 - 04/21/17 10:46 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Has anybody received their package from this latest order yet?

#307225 - 04/21/17 11:00 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Mine is do to come in tomorrow. wink

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Moderator