YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
YuleLog Links
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5549 Members
15 Forums
24702 Topics
303931 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#307226 - 04/21/17 11:57 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
My is scheduled for Monday, which I think will be a record fast delivery for me.

#307231 - 04/22/17 09:12 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Mine arrived yesterday or maybe Thursday as I was out most of the day & evening and perhaps it sat out there overnight??? Weird, didn't get an email or text from USPS say it was coming or had been delivered and I get notifications from all three, USPS, UPS & FedEx, on 99% of my packages. About the only time I don't is IF a seller misspells my name.

Cute~! Love it. It may be my new favorite from this series. I'd have to get out Pecos Bill again to choose #1 . . . so right now they are tied for #1 from this series.

#307241 - 04/22/17 05:19 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
It is definitely adorable and worth the price! laugh The paint job on mine is flawless. I'm still debating on if this is my favorite or if the Ugly Duckling one is. The details are great on those two.

Pecos Bill is a great ornament too, especially considering the small details that had to be hand-painted. Mickey and the Beanstalk is probably my third favorite after the pigs/swan ornaments.

#307278 - 04/24/17 04:25 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: Qwackertoo]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo

1st monthly series = zero skips

2nd monthly series = zero skips

Current monthly series = several skips + one I should have skipped but didn't, so 4 skips + 1 shoulda skipped

Seems many hung around for days and weeks and in some cases months before selling out so I must not be completely alone in being less than inclined to buy a few of the designs.

I've been buying about 3 each year from the monthly series.

Now if they did a Disney Classics open book style series, I'd buy every one.

#307982 - 05/15/17 05:54 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

"The Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord!"

Johnny Appleseed is up!

https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...429334/1000344/

You can also now pre-order "Beauty and the Beast" on Blu ray! That popped up on Friday. wink Alas, the code you get for pre-ordering will run out the day before the Snow White ornament comes out. Drat.

#307990 - 05/15/17 10:33 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Got mine ordered!

And thanks for pointing out the pre-order. The code might not help with the ornament next month, but it did get me free shipping this month, which saved me $10. And since I was planning to buy the movie anyway, that's a great thing.

#307996 - 05/15/17 03:12 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I jumped the gun on the pre-order and did it on Friday when it first popped up. It was after the fact that I remembered this ornament was due to come out today. That's what happens when you order first thing in the morning. But, I got two of the plush ornaments for 30% off (Sven and Flower, and Flower was already on sale) plus the Dumbo puzzle for 30% off. So, I'm content. I was just so excited to see it and shocked at how early the release date is. I was expecting the 13th or 20th since Bambi's release date is the 6th too. I'm not getting "Bambi" since I have the Platinum DVD, but it's weird to see them do two major releases the same day.

13th would have been nice since we would have had the code for Snow White. I think they're onto us. Now, each time, the codes end the day before the release.

#308003 - 05/15/17 11:48 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

They're on to us for sure. smile

#308010 - 05/16/17 11:59 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I got the e-mail that my ornament and pin have shipped. Scheduled to arrive on Monday!

#308070 - 05/21/17 05:40 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. *sighs*

I do want to point out that the Disney Store website has already "sold out" of the allotment of lithographs for the "Beauty and the Beast" pre-orders. Think Disney's going to possibly break another record with this movie's blu ray release? I've never seen a pre-sale sell out of lithographs this quickly. Did not even take ten days to sell out.

I'm also still shocked that The Ugly Duckling is still available. Even in spite of more than two pages of 5-star reviews. Everyone who has reviewed that ornament has gushed about it. It's so pretty.

I'm thinking we won't see a fast sell out again until Snow White. I think it's the only ornament left that can do a quick sell out. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it looks. It's so unique to see Snow White in her work clothes.

#308117 - 05/23/17 12:40 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Johnny Appleseed showed up a day early for me! Very nice, looks just like the picture. And I keep singing, "The Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord for giving me the things I need, the sun and rain and the appleseed. The Lord is good to me!"

Can't help it. Every time I think of "Melody Time," this is the first short that comes to mind, and it's the song I associate with the movie/short. Even though (spoiler alert) Johnny dies at the end, the entire short is just so filled with goodness, love, and hope and how one person can have a lasting effect on so many. It's beautiful. Wish they would do more stuff like this today.

#308123 - 05/23/17 10:45 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Mine arrived on Monday as scheduled. Looks great. And now I really need to rewatch that segment of Melodytime.

#308127 - 05/24/17 07:32 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I really like this one, but haven't ordered it. Low funds have halted my ordering it. Mostly because my Ornament Premiere list is larger then I thought it was going to be.

#308650 - 06/13/17 07:28 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Snow White and Casey's pictures are up!
https://www.disneystore.com/mn/1025033/

Awesome! Snow White looks so detailed, especially the paint work on the well! And I really like the Americana ribbon decorating the base of the Casey ornament. If someone does a Fourth of July/American style tree, he would fit right in.

And to follow up with my little series on the pins being based on vintage children's storybooks, here is
Snow White:
https://smile.amazon.com/Disneys-Dwarfs-103-42-Little-Golden/dp/B005JPUKQU
Casey at the Bat:
https://smile.amazon.com/Casey-Bat-Lawrence-American-Classics/dp/0880293578/

And, for those curious, this would probably be the book cover for inspiration for the Ferdinand the Bull ornament if they had done that ornament/pin set:
https://smile.amazon.com/Walt-Disneys-Ferdinand-Bull-Disney/dp/B005XS6A6M/
Seeing the composition of the book, I get why they may have nixed the ornament. The cover is wide like a rectangle that's longer horizontally. My hope is that they will still do one eventually.

#308652 - 06/13/17 08:26 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
I really like the Americana ribbon decorating the base of the Casey ornament. If someone does a Fourth of July/American style tree, he would fit right in.

Looks so, so good! I'm a sucker for bunting!

#308659 - 06/13/17 10:25 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: oddsbodkins]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

There is a 20% code that is good with Disney Rewards Visa that is good until July 2. I'm thinking there will also be a general public code too sometime between now & the 4th. That will help offset shipping IF I don't make it to a 50.00 order for free shipping.

#308678 - 06/15/17 12:48 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

It's interesting that the inside of both of these pins is almost like the ornament. That's something we've rarely seen in this series.

#308733 - 06/17/17 11:38 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Elf VP

Loc: Texas
These are great! Thanks for the link.

Angela

#308744 - 06/18/17 09:50 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: tiggerfan]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Snow White will probably be up in the a.m.

And a nevermind on the 20% Disney Rewards . . . that is only IF you're spending reward dollars. Ooops I spent my whole amount back in December towards our trip . . . so will take me awhile to build them back up . . . so sorry no 20% off until July 2 like I thought . . . too busy and skimmed the email in a hurry.

#308749 - 06/19/17 05:03 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
tassa09 Offline
Elf

Loc: Florida
Snow White is up! I really like the detail on the back of this ornament as well. The rope for the water bucket is made of woven string.

Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Moderator