YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 70 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26119 Topics
322843 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#308144 - 05/25/17 05:52 AM Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Today marks the 40th anniversary of the theatrical release of "Star Wars," so the Disney Store has released several limited edition items including a new ornament set.

https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...429328/1000344/

Limited to 2700 sets. I'll admit that I bought one. Hallmark's sculpting is better, but the price here is quite nice since it works out to half the price of a Hallmark ornament, and you get that really cool box. Seriously, click the link just to see the box.

#308145 - 05/25/17 09:15 AM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Tempted, but I'm leaning towards passing on this set. Already have many of these characters on my Star Wars tree. The price is very good number of ornaments included. I like the box they come in.

#308162 - 05/25/17 09:42 PM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I didn't finish reading your post before clicking the link and I was thinking, "This box is GREAT." Then I came back and read all of your post. Ha ha. My son's girlfriend works at Disneyland and I'm going to ask if she gets a discount on purchases from the Disney Store. :-)

#308166 - 05/26/17 10:10 AM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I was tempted for a few seconds. I don't buy Star Wars or Star Trek . . . sold my 1991 Enterprise years & years ago for a nice little profit.

Thought it would be nice to get for son-in-law and daughter but they have so many ornaments . . . I decided NOT.

Although I was very tempted to get them the Star Wars Monopoly game. They love having friends over and playing games, both board and card games . . . so I may get that.

#308181 - 05/26/17 09:22 PM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Meh, she only gets 20% off. I'm going to cross fingers they do a 25% off sale soon before it sells out. I won't cry if I miss it since I have those characters, but it is a nice set and the packaging is fabulous.

#308223 - 05/29/17 03:52 PM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
Pretty nice set but since I have a multitude of ornaments with these characters, I think I'm going to pass on it. Nice presentation though.

#308226 - 05/29/17 11:07 PM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
The packaging is wonderful on this for sure. I'm passing on the set, but I do love the packaging.

#308227 - 05/29/17 11:15 PM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: Qwackertoo]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Although I was very tempted to get them the Star Wars Monopoly game. They love having friends over and playing games, both board and card games . . . so I may get that.

Did you have to mention the Monopoly game? So very tempted by that. And did you see the Star Wars Risk game?

#308234 - 05/30/17 09:14 AM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Oh no, I didn't see the Risk game. Thanks. smile

#308239 - 05/30/17 09:41 AM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They sell those board games for cheaper in stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Amazon (Amazon's price is more than $10 cheaper than the Disney Store's). They also have Star Wars Clue, Star Wars Operation, Star Wars Trouble, Star Wars Bop It, Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out how you adapt Star Wars to Clue...

I've got the 1990s Star Wars Monopoly that covers Episode IV-VI, so I'm good to go there. This is the one I have:
https://smile.amazon.com/Monopoly-Original-Trilogy-Collectible-Pewter/dp/B0053Y7ZGA
I bought mine from ebay years ago for around $20. Rough box, but everything else was present and in good condition. This was back in the early days of collector Monopoly sets when they used to always put in 8 tokens, instead of six.

From my collection of Monopoly games, I'm always very wary of Monopoly sets that don't say "collector" on the box and aren't in the traditional long box. Collector editions in long boxes have pewter tokens. I have two collector editions that are in a different box shape: Disney (from probably 2000) and Lord of the Rings. The boxes did not say pewter tokens on them, and I didn't know that was important when I bought them. At first, everything was fine. Then, you start noticing a smell. A nasty, rank smell. Then, the tokens start to turn soft. Some get to the point where they can bend and even break. They also start to lose details on the tokens. I feel fairly confident that whatever this mystery junk they made the tokens with in the early to mid-2000s is no longer in use, but I only look for Monopoly sets with pewter tokens now. They've proven they hold their shape.

Incidentally, when I play my Disney Monopoly, I use tokens from my Disney/Pixar Monopoly. When I play LOTR, I use tokens from my Chronicles of Narnia Monopoly. Not quite equal, but the tokens are of objects like swords instead of characters, so it's not too noticeable.

I have a slight Monopoly problem...

Oh, and to bring it back on topic, my ornaments should arrive by Saturday!

#308280 - 06/01/17 12:04 AM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
I have a slight Monopoly problem...

Like wanting to have a monopoly on the Monopoly games?

I have a few different versions around my place, not nearly as many as you do. Since I haven't played in years, I haven't bought any for a while. Not that I'm not tempted.

#308284 - 06/01/17 08:07 AM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
My favorite monopoly game version is Lighthouse-opoly. Instead of street names, they are lighthouse names.

#308302 - 06/01/17 05:02 PM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

My favorite is the Muppets:
https://smile.amazon.com/Muppets-Collectors-Monopoly-Board-Game/dp/B00009AVNU/

I have a lot though: LOTR, Star Wars, Muppets, Disney, Disney/Pixar, The Chronicles of Narnia, Pirates of the Caribbean, A Christmas Story, Peanuts, I Love Lucy 50th anniversary, The Wizard of Oz (my first & the original with 8 tokens), Back to the Future, The Office, The Big Bang Theory, 80th anniversary, probably some more... I also have some -opoly sets like Bible-opoly, Dog-opoly, and Mayberry-opoly.

My Star Wars set came today! They're smaller ornaments. If you have the Moana set, that's about the size they are. I was pleasantly surprised with the detail work on the paint. I hated that they did the circle stickers on the sides of the pretty box where you had to cut the circles in two places to open the box. I have a box cutter, but still. Pretty box could get ruined by that. The downside to the size is that if you have the other Disney Store Star Wars ornaments, these are not in the same scale. Bummer.

#308325 - 06/03/17 03:59 PM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I agree! I wasn't happy with the circle stickers either. And they are definitely smaller. My husband mentioned that he thought the Hallmark ones are more detailed and appear to be better quality. And I wasn't sure why C3P0 has one silver leg (from the knee down).

However, the box is gorgeous and I am happy I got the ornaments.

Angela

#308331 - 06/03/17 05:31 PM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I found out that they're the size of the Villains set from years back. Around the size of Moana's set. I was expecting them to be the size of the Beauty and the Beast set.

C3PO's leg is silver in the movie. wink That's my favorite ornament of the set. The metallic paint is lovely. Resin takes to metallic paint better than artplas, in my opinion.

#308332 - 06/03/17 07:04 PM Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Ornament Set [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
Oh, right... I remember that now. Thanks!

Moderator:  Moderator