YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26325 Topics
325350 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#308625 - 06/11/17 07:46 PM D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak!
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
*drum roll* Snow White will be the featured princess for 2017. Makes sense since the movie is 80 years old this year!

So, here is a link to a picture of the Art of Snow White ornament set:
https://radiodisneyclub.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/deco-noel-2017-D23.jpg

Methinks this will be a set costing about the same as the Beauty and the Beast deluxe set. Might be called Snow White deluxe set, but I must have this! I love the Huntsman ornament and need him! Along with the witch, then I'll have all of the characters from the movie in ornament form! Yay! The set has all of the characters except the mirror, so this is a great little collection. My eye actually went straight to the huntsman when I clicked on the picture to see it.

And Bashful is my favorite Dwarf, so I love his tying his beard pose!

There was also a leaked picture of a Tangled miniature ornament set. Can't stand how the human characters look in the miniature form, so this is an easy pass:
https://radiodisneyclub.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Capture.jpg

Snow White though, I'll be eagerly anticipating.

So, who thinks they'll be getting the Snow White set and/or Tangled minis?

#308628 - 06/11/17 08:52 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
tassa09 Offline
Elf

Loc: Florida
Happy to see this set released. I'm looking forward to the witch ornament. A couple of queen ornaments have been released before but never the witch...from what I remember. I hope they are a good size as well. Not like the villains set from a few years back that were on the smaller size.

#308637 - 06/12/17 09:53 AM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I will be adding this to my want list. B&B set was what 1200 limited edition? I don't remember. And 129.00? With more ornaments, unless they shrink them . . . I'm thinking this could be 149.00 or 159.00.

Thanks for the photo, luckdragon.

#308638 - 06/12/17 12:31 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I don't have many Snow White ornaments, so I may get it.

#308640 - 06/12/17 03:06 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
I will be adding this to my want list. B&B set was what 1200 limited edition? I don't remember. And 129.00? With more ornaments, unless they shrink them . . . I'm thinking this could be 149.00 or 159.00.

Thanks for the photo, luckdragon.

Beauty and the Beast deluxe set was limited to 1200. It had 12 ornaments, this one has 13, so that's only one more. Plus, BATB had the Beast and Phillippe, both of which should be larger than any here. So, I'm hopeful they won't raise the price.

Think we might get a Snow White musical ornament too? I wouldn't mind one that played "Heigh Ho." I'm guessing she'll be the "frilly princess" of the year and will have a Disney Store online exclusive version. Like how Belle had last year's exclusive, Jasmine the year before, and Aurora the year before that. They've all matched with the Art of collections.

I really hope we get Mulan for 2018. That's the movie's 20th anniversary, the live action movie is slated for release in 2018 too, and I just really want some "Mulan" characters. I only have Mulan, Mushu, and Cri-Kee.

Originally Posted By: tassa09
Happy to see this set released. I'm looking forward to the witch ornament. A couple of queen ornaments have been released before but never the witch...from what I remember. I hope they are a good size as well. Not like the villains set from a few years back that were on the smaller size.

I've got that villains set too. I had to get it off ebay, and it took a while to find it at an affordable price. Sadly, Jafar's missing a hand, but for the price, I got a good deal. That set rarely comes up for auction anymore. Their size is akin to the Moana set and Star Wars set for those who are curious. I imagine these Snow White ornaments will be sized like the Beauty and the Beast ornaments.

I believe Lenox did an ornament for the Witch. wink She would be a fabulous edition to a Halloween tree. So would the Evil Queen, actually. I keep hoping Hallmark will revive their villains series as a Halloween series. Only doing three villains was so annoying. Back then, most of the Disney series seemed to end at three editions.

#308641 - 06/12/17 04:17 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I like Snow White in her drudgery dress! Nice! The Hunstmen is a nice addition, too. I'm very tempted to get this set.

#308642 - 06/12/17 04:27 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I was thinking B&B had only ten . . . so maybe price will stay the same.

#308643 - 06/12/17 04:41 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
tassa09 Offline
Elf

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: luckdragon

I've got that villains set too. I had to get it off ebay, and it took a while to find it at an affordable price. Sadly, Jafar's missing a hand, but for the price, I got a good deal. That set rarely comes up for auction anymore. Their size is akin to the Moana set and Star Wars set for those who are curious. I imagine these Snow White ornaments will be sized like the Beauty and the Beast ornaments.

[quote=luckdragon]

I believe Lenox did an ornament for the Witch. wink She would be a fabulous edition to a Halloween tree. So would the Evil Queen, actually. I keep hoping Hallmark will revive their villains series as a Halloween series. Only doing three villains was so annoying. Back then, most of the Disney series seemed to end at three editions.

Thank you for the size comparison! Sorry to hear about the missing hand on Jafar. Ah yes, I think I remember seeing that Lenox witch before. I really like the Evil Queen and magic mirror from a year or two ago. I was lucky enough to find the 2007 sketchbook ornaments of all the Dwarfs and Snow White on eBay a few years back and bought the more recent Dopey, Grumpy, and Happy sketchbook ones the past three years. Though, I still really want this set do to the witch and the huntsman.

#308644 - 06/12/17 05:24 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

That Magic Mirror/Evil Queen ornament is amazing! I love the detail of the skull on the books on the back of the ornament. The lenticular design really worked well too.

If anyone's interested in decent Dwarf sculpts, I'll say that the Storybook Collection Snow White set has really good dwarfs. Snow White...not so much.

Wish they would update the Storybook Classics page. I want to see that Snow White ornament and how it compares to the Hallmark ornament from 2007. That Snow White ornament is my favorite Snow White ornament ever. Snow White in her drudgery dress looks good in this set, so I'm hoping the Storybook Classics looks good.

So excited! I wish I could buy this set right now. Especially since I have that BATB live action pre-order code waiting to be used. Drat that it expires the day before the Storybook Classics ornament comes out. I'm holding out, hoping for a nice free shipping promo.

While we're here, what's everyone hoping for for the 2017 Sketchbooks? I kind of hope for a dud year since last year was amazing. But, the collector in me wants so many designs!

My top hopes:
1. Sword in the Stone - I want that ornament from a few years ago that wasn't available in the US, darn it! I hate to sound like a spoiled American, but wahhh! Americans should have had access to those three ornaments. Walt Disney was born here!
2. Tarzan - Anything. Throw me a bone, Disney! I don't want the Grolier ornament or the Broadway musical glass ball. I have the weird Ashton-Drake baby dreaming of being Jane ornament, but I want a real figural sculpt here of any character. Any of them.
3. Shang - Preferably paired with Mulan
4. Live Action Beauty and the Beast - anything that's sized for a Christmas tree. Love the Enchanted Rose from March, but it's really big for a tree. I'm not into gigantic ornaments.
5. Wreck-It Ralph - Got a new movie coming out in a few years. Maybe then...
6. Sadness - Love her! She's my favorite Pixar character, and I want a stand-alone ornament for her.
7. Musical ornaments that aren't from a princess movie - It's not just princesses that can sing. Hello? "When You Wish Upon a Star" is one of the most recognizable songs, and it's from "Pinocchio." (but I'll take a princess movie as long as the vocals are original; lay off "Tangled" for a while though unless you do Gothel singing "Mother Knows Best")
8. Copper & Todd from "The Fox and the Hound" - What's up with Disneyland Paris getting these cute ornaments and Disneyland/Walt Disney World don't?
9. Honest John and Gideon from "Pinocchio" - would have rather had them in the "Pinocchio" set instead of Stromboli. I also want Cleo, but I know ornaments of her exists (see #10). I have never seen an Honest John/Gideon ornament.
10. Figaro and Cleo's "kiss" ornament re-released - please? You finally re-released Si and Am. I need this one. Sells for like $70 on ebay, and it's not woth $70 to me.

#308646 - 06/12/17 07:54 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I'd snap up a Sword in the Stone ornament (probably a couple) and use one to do a shadow box with photos of Zach pulling out the sword at Disneyland alongside the medallion they gave him, and the official proclamation. It needs something more 3D since everything else is relatively 2D (the medallion has a bit of depth).

I'll second your requests for Tarzan and Fox & Hound.

It's not animated, but I'd like a Shaggy Dog ornament (from the original movie). Don't know why that one popped into my head!

#308648 - 06/13/17 12:51 AM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I am so tempted by that set. The ornaments look amazing. But I absolutely must cut back. Still, maybe I can cut back somewhere else?

#308724 - 06/17/17 07:51 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Okay, so according to ebay, it's limited to 850 sets. It's at D23, but hopefully they'll do like they did with the Frozen set and release some on the Disney Store website. Granted, it's a toss-up because they did not release the Toy Story limited set on the Disney Store website.

I'm not paying ebay prices. They're asking like $500-$1000 per set. I'll I can do is laugh. I would be shocked if anyone shelled out that kind of money. The most that the Beauty and the Beast deluxe set sold for was $349. I wouldn't pay $349 either.

I'll take my chances that it'll show up on the website like how the Frozen set did. Frozen was more limited too.

#308725 - 06/17/17 07:55 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Yep not paying that for it.

When do you think it will be released IF you have a good guess?

I'm not sure what day of anniversary of Snow White is or ? other special date of his award for the movie or ?

#308726 - 06/17/17 08:07 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm not sure. I would guess September or October. I stalk the website daily for new items since it only takes a few seconds to check, so I'll let folks know.

Could be as early as July or August though. Art of Aurora was a July release (July is unlikely in my opinion). Art of Jasmine was an August release, if I'm remembering correctly.

Frozen set had high prices when it first came out. It slowly dwindled down to around box price. Same with the Toy Story set. Those looked hideous to me, so I never sought them out. Two of the ornaments were Woody and Buzz, and the other two were Woody and Buzz based on concept art. Those concept art ones...yikes! Glad their designs changed.

I will be watching ebay to see when someone gets these in hand and takes pictures. Someone might take a picture of the price tag on the back of the box, so we could get a head's up on the price.

#308727 - 06/17/17 08:07 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

p.s. I remember years ago when they did release maybe 250 of the 1,000 total limited edition Hallmark D23 ornaments, Mickey & Pluto in the car . . . you had to be a D23 member to buy them from Disneystore.com .

IF they do have some for Disney Store, hope they don't do that. I was a member the Charter Year but gave it up since 98% of their benefits are exclusive to Disneyland and NOT Disney World.

#308728 - 06/17/17 08:09 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I usually try to check for "new items" on Mondays but not every Monday. Sometimes I check during the week too but not faithfully like you do or as early either. smile

#308730 - 06/17/17 10:12 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, I have no life. wink

It's habit to wake up, eat breakfast, turn on the computer, check the Disney Store website. Unlike what they say, I have seen zero evidence that new products can appear at any time on any day. Nope. Most appear on Mondays. They do release some Tsum Tsums usually on Tuesdays, and sometimes they have a special day they release stuff like for a movie's premiere or an anniversary, but everything's added in the wee hours of the morning, regardless.

#308732 - 06/17/17 11:36 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I love this set!

#308751 - 06/19/17 07:18 AM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
SorcererDonald Offline
Elf in Training

I've been collecting Disney ornaments for a couple decades now, and these will definitely be must haves for me!

The reason why they are on eBay already is people who bought Sorcerer tickets to the Expo had the chance to enter into a lottery system for the opportunity to buy a percentage of these and other things before anyone else can.

The catalogue spread all over the Disney fan sites. The retail on this set is $199.95. crazy

It's a lower LE size than the Aladdin ornament set they first released at the last Expo (that set didn't sell out there), but it's 4x the $$$. Hopefully it makes it to the Disney Store website. I have no idea when that would happen if it does, but I'm guessing any time after the Expo is possible.

#308774 - 06/19/17 05:14 PM Re: D23 Sketchbook "Art of" ornament collection picture leak! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Greedy little buggers, aren't they? To go from $129.95 with the Beauty and the Beast set to $199.95 with this set? As cute as it is...that is going to be something I'll really have to think about. Yeah, Beauty and the Beast sold out relatively quickly and has a demand on the secondary market, but will customers be willing to spend $200 on this set? For around $30, you can find the Storybook Snow White set to get all of the dwarfs. Yeah, the Snow White ornament's not that great in that set, but the dwarfs are good, and there are a lot of nicely sculpted Snow White ornaments. We also have seen great Evil Queen ornaments and the prince paired with Snow White from the Moments That Made Disney series is excellent.

I wonder if they're looking at the Beauty and the Beast's secondary market value and that's why they're suddenly going, "Let's make some more money." If these ornaments are the same size as regular Sketchbook ornaments, then I can see the price being worth it, but they probably will be the size of the BATB set. "Beauty and the Beast" is my favorite Disney movie, so I didn't mind spending $129.95 for the set. Snow White...umm...I like parts of the movie and think it's beautiful to look at, but it's not even in my top twenty-five. Snow White's the weakest princess (in my opinion), but she's counter-balanced with one of the strongest Disney villains...hmm...

*sighs* Why you gotta be like this, Disney?

Edit: Beauty and the Beast's set came out the second Monday in September 2016. Art of Jasmine came out in August 2015. Art of Aurora came out in July 2014. So, there is no rhyme or reason behind these except the pattern that they get a month later each year. I doubt that'll happen here.

Do you have any links to these fan sites? I would love to see Art of Snow White merchandise. Even though I don't care for her as a princess, I do like Snow White merchandise. I'm weird like that. And an idiot since I'm already complaining about this product's price yet I'm looking up other products to possibly spend money on...

Edited by luckdragon (06/19/17 05:26 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator