YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
5 registered (DeniseC, Loo-Ann Allen, 3 invisible), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26131 Topics
322909 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#309399 - 07/07/17 08:40 PM 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions?
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
With Hallmark's Premiere coming up alongside D23, ornaments are on the minds of many of us. Hopefully D23 will reveal some Sketchbook ornaments to us (if they do that there...they'll probably reveal Hallmark 2018 ornaments at the very least).

I did hopes on another topic, so I won't repeat them here except hoping for a re-issue of the Figaro/Cleo ornament and hoping for the Sword in the Stone ornament to be released in the US.

So, here are my predictions:

We know about the Art of Snow White. Since Snow White is the 2017 Princess, I'm guessing that a different version of frilly Snow White will be the Disney Store online exclusive ornament. Not sure how they'll do it. Maybe in rags? Snow White doesn't have a lot of outfit choices. Unless they want to do a unique sculpt or maybe decorate her regular dress more...hmm...

With Snow White being the princess of the year and celebrating an anniversary (even though that anniversary should be February 2018), maybe we'll get a Snow White musical ornament. Happened for Jasmine and Belle. Probably will sing "Someday My Prince Will Come." I just want to see them make it one year without a "Tangled" musical ornament. Three years of musical ornaments, and we've had three different "Tangled" ones. Not even "Frozen" can boast this.

Speaking of anniversaries, these films have big anniversaries in 2017 and will hopefully have at least one ornament to represent the following films:
Bambi (75 years)
The Jungle Book (50 years)
The Rescuers (40 years)
Aladdin (25 years)
Hercules (20 years)

Other predictions:
-Coco ornament released around the movie's premiere (or maybe released on the Day of the Dead)
-something from "Cars 3" (I'm guessing Jackson Storm, maybe Cruz Ramirez. I think Cruz was a bigger part of the movie and should get the ornament. Definitely a Lightning McQueen ornament will come out)
-something Beauty and the Beast (I wouldn't be shocked to see the Enchanted Rose re-released, and by that, I mean the Sketchbook ornament from last year)
-Elena and Moana making their "frilly princess" ornament debut
-something for Mickey and the Roadster Racers
-something for Tangled the animated series
-more weird miniature ornaments (not a fan)

Thoughts? Guesses? Wishes?

#309403 - 07/07/17 11:10 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I hope we get something for The Rescuers. I'd love to have an ornament for that movie.

#309418 - 07/08/17 01:05 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

What I wouldn't give for a Prince John/Sir Hiss from Robin Hood ornament.

#309423 - 07/08/17 02:50 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh, I forgot:

Should get Star Wars ornaments. Probably one for the new film. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Leia/R2D2 get re-issued in honor of Carrie Fisher. That ornament's price shot way up after her death, and I do believe Hallmark's November Leia ornament was thought up/done after she died. If not, that's an amazing coincidence.

Naturally, we'll see Marvel as well as the regular stuff: Pooh, Mickey, Tink, etc.

#309431 - 07/08/17 08:15 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
the Human Head Offline
Elf

What Id hope to see:
The Three Caballeros
The Headless Horseman
Merlin
Little John

#309641 - 07/13/17 11:51 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
Vixen Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I'm wishing upon a star for some re-releases:
(unsure about accuracy of some of the years)

2012 Alice in Wonderland (tumbling/falling)
2012 Chip 'n' Dale (peanut)
2012 Rapunzel and Flynn Wedding
Aristocats Family Picture (on purple chair)
Rapunzel Tower

#309642 - 07/14/17 01:22 AM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
SorcererDonald Offline
Elf in Training

New Sketchbook ornaments were released on the Disney Store's Swedish site yesterday. Cinderella, Snow White, Tiana, Ariel, and Belle in their ballerina dresses. A Bernard and Bianca; a glass slipper; Hula Minnie and Mickey; and the lamp from Aladdin. Repeats from last year: Edna Mode; Mary Poppins; Elena of Avalor; Mickey balloon; Moana; Beauty and the Beast rose.

http://www.disneystore.se/julbutik-1

Usually what's released in Europe comes to the U.S. too, minus maybe 1 or 2. I really like all of the new ones. Very nice.

#309643 - 07/14/17 06:22 AM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Oooh! Thank you!

Love the lamp. The Rescuers is adorable. Sure enough, both of them mention the movies' anniversaries in their descriptions. Nailed the Enchanted Rose's re-issue too. That's going to rain on the parades of several ebay sellers.

Mickey and Minnie from "Hawaiian Holiday" is an adorable ornament. If it ends up in the US, we'll have to show aloha. wink

It'll be nice if the Rescuers is a US release too. The last one wasn't, so it'll be great to get a new sculpt without the Devil's Eye.

Frilly princesses are a throwback with the winter look. Those sculpts were used several years ago. I have a hunch this was done as an excuse to give Anna/Elsa a more Christmasy look with that Frozen Christmas short coming out.

The glass slipper is also a reissue from 2007. No idea if the original was really glass or if it was resin like this one.

Disney Store UK has these up too including the Pooh/Tigger/Piglet one in the banner on the Swedish site in case you want to take a better look at it. It's pretty adorable.

You think Disney Store US will surprise us next week by adding some of these on the site? I'm hoping they'll surprise us by extending the Friends & Family sale through Monday for Casey's release.

#309645 - 07/14/17 07:58 AM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
mtwnmk Offline

#309652 - 07/14/17 12:13 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
At first I was worried that Rescuers was going to be a repeat of the giant diamond again (that ornament is SO super heavy but looks great on a tree). Glad to see they have a new sculpt. Little Remy is cute. Hope we get that one.
If I recall correctly, last year Disney rolled out there ornament releases in waves, so there should be more to come in the next couple of months, right?
Surprised to see the monthly Cinderella up for sale at both sites. Guess that one wasn't very popular?

#309659 - 07/14/17 02:53 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Remy's a Disneyland Paris ornament. Makes sense. Movie's based there. They've never done a Sketchbook ornament for "Ratatouille."

I'll agree with you about the Rescuers with the diamond. Very heavy, but it catches the light well. I liked the ornament from a few years ago that wasn't sold in the US of them peeking out behind the leaf too. Kind of was hoping that would be the release.

Up house got re-released too, apparently. I can't blame Disney for reissuing it either. Again, that's going to put a damper on the secondary market sellers for a while. May not effect it much in the long run. Si & Am's repeat is already climbing up in value again.

Wonder if Scrooge will get re-issued too...

#309660 - 07/14/17 03:01 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Nice !!!!!

Not sure what I want yet, but looking forward to them.

#309693 - 07/14/17 11:40 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Really do like that Rescuers one. I think I bought the Diamond's Eye one. I wonder where it is.

#309760 - 07/15/17 08:35 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
I'd like to see some different Marvel superheroes like they did last year. A Rocket Raccoon would be most welcomed by me.

#309852 - 07/17/17 06:18 AM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

Shop now link is up for Casey but when I click it, I get Page Not Found. So frustrating.

#309853 - 07/17/17 06:56 AM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I know, right? I emailed them saying that "shop now" button was not there last night. I asked them if they were going to put it up today since it is 25% off today and free shipping, and clearly someone meant to put the ornament up or they wouldn't have activated shop now links on the ornament and the pin.

Hopefully, they'll respond back. I suggest everyone who buys these drops them a message too.

Meanwhile, they got this monster up and running:
https://www.disneystore.com/puzzles-game...440621/1030901/
$599.99 for a 40,320 piece jigsaw puzzle! I love jigsaw puzzles, but there is no way I'm paying $600 for a puzzle. Most I've paid is around $21, and it was for the Ravensburger Cinderella puzzle (which is a part of this one; the entire first row of pictures are separate 1000 piece puzzles made by Ravensburger). It was sold by a seller in the UK through Amazon because those beautiful puzzles are not available in the US, so I didn't mind paying it. Seeing the five images at the bottom gives me hope that Ravensburger will do 1000 piece puzzles for them soon.

Edit: While looking at the $600 puzzle, I got the cast member chat pop-up. Donna L. is going to contact me via telephone before she leaves since she's looking into the issue for me. *fingers crossed everyone*

Edited by luckdragon (07/17/17 07:13 AM)

#309854 - 07/17/17 07:20 AM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
While looking at the $600 puzzle, I got the cast member chat pop-up. Donna L. is going to contact me via telephone before she leaves since she's looking into the issue for me. *fingers crossed everyone*

Nice job! Hopefully it'll be up before I have to leave for work.

#309857 - 07/17/17 09:00 AM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

And I put this in the wrong thread... sorry gang! But I see the problem still persists on the website.

#309904 - 07/17/17 05:54 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

This is why I so very much want a Sword in the Stone ornament. Zach still believed in magic at this age and was thrilled when he was able to pull the sword up. (I had him try earlier in the day so he knew that it was really stuck in there.)
http://s186.photobucket.com/user/Diana3_photos/media/ZachSwordUp_zps9739161b.jpg.html?o=17

#309905 - 07/17/17 06:06 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
That is a great picture & memory. I hope they make it for the USA this year so you can do a shadow box frame for the ornament, the photo and maybe those 50th Anniversary ears. Such a cute picture~! smile

I didn't see/notice the "Stone" or a gathering of people on our last trip to WDW next to the Royal Carousel in Fantasyland . . . wonder IF it is still even there. I remember in years gone by a nice little crowd would gather and Merlin would come out and choose a child . . . and everyone would cheer when the child pulled the Sword from the Stone.

#309923 - 07/17/17 06:53 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

They stopped doing it at Disneyland, which is a shame. After the kid pulls the sword up, they were given a medallion on a ribbon. Throughout the day when cast members saw the medallion they would ask his name and then call attention and say fun things over the loudspeaker when we were getting on rides, such as, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, give a cheer for Zachary who pulled King Arthur's Sword from the Stone." People would clap. Zachary was always very quiet and shy, but I swear this made a huge difference in getting him to feel more comfortable when getting attention in public. He was just beaming all day long.
Zach just graduated from high school, so you can see I've been waiting a LONG time for this ornament. LOL.

#309932 - 07/17/17 08:42 PM Re: 2017 Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes/Predictions? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Diana*
They stopped doing it at Disneyland, which is a shame. After the kid pulls the sword up, they were given a medallion on a ribbon. Throughout the day when cast members saw the medallion they would ask his name and then call attention and say fun things over the loudspeaker when we were getting on rides, such as, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, give a cheer for Zachary who pulled King Arthur's Sword from the Stone." People would clap. Zachary was always very quiet and shy, but I swear this made a huge difference in getting him to feel more comfortable when getting attention in public. He was just beaming all day long.
Zach just graduated from high school, so you can see I've been waiting a LONG time for this ornament. LOL.

I definitely believe that something like that can make a difference in kids who are super quiet and shy . . . speaking from experience of having raised two quiet and shy kids. Even when they earn special awards and achievements you can sense & feel their being uncomfortable with the attention, even very good/deserved attention, thankfully they adjust to it more as they get older. What a special memory for you and Zach both.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator