YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
YuleLog Links
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
2 registered (Qui-gon Grin, 1 invisible), 46 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5533 Members
15 Forums
24562 Topics
301862 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#309859 - 07/17/17 09:16 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: oddsbodkins]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
oops I guess there are new things. Lots of them. On page 2 of new arrivals now. When I first saw that drone thing, the socks and such and such on the first 3 . . . it appeared there were no new items. Not the case. Haven't gotten to a Casey yet . . . maybe later on page 2 or 3 or ? edit: nope not grouped with "new arrivals" on first 2 pages.

Edited by Qwackertoo (07/17/17 09:43 AM)

#309861 - 07/17/17 09:33 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

I just completed a chat with Disney and they say this issue has been "escalated" and to check back later. Someone on the web sales team is going to see Mickey's ears turn red when he finds out this has been down for almost 8 hours!

#309862 - 07/17/17 09:48 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Ugh, this is frustrating! I was so happy to see they extended the 25% off until today (how often does that happen?) but now I'm in limbo waiting for Casey.

#309863 - 07/17/17 10:03 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

On the Monthly Ornaments pages it has now been changed:

from Shop Now . . . to . . . Coming Soon

#309866 - 07/17/17 10:14 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

Figures the only one I want out of this whole line is being a troublemaker.

#309869 - 07/17/17 10:48 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I still haven't heard back from Donna, but I did see that it changed to Coming Soon. I emailed them earlier this morning before talking with a Cast Member.

Obviously this ornament was supposed to be released today and they forgot to upload the pages for it and the pin. I pointed out in the email that by not having it up, they were cheating me out of the free shipping promo and 25% off. I asked how they were going to make this right, that I had consistently bought them every month since August 2014 (well, except Dopey/Sneezy, and we all know that story).

So annoying. I was predicting they were going to extend Family & Friends, and I was really looking forward to getting the 25% off.

#309875 - 07/17/17 11:17 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I called Customer Service and after being put on hold they told me that Casey at Bat won't be released for sale until tomorrow. ARGH!

#309877 - 07/17/17 11:29 AM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
oddsbodkins Offline

Naturally. Can't lose all that money with the 25% off and free shipping sale that ends today. Ah, Disney...

#309881 - 07/17/17 12:17 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: oddsbodkins]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I have to tell ya . . . I have never received a 100% A+ response from DisneyStore.com Customer Service. Any contact with them usually leaves me feeling less than satisfied. Whether it be chat, phone or email contact. Sometimes I do get partial satisfaction . . . but never 100%. Average, I'd give them a 2 on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the best.

At the Parks while during reservation status or actually at the resort or parks . . . usually 100% satisfaction. Well, actually never ever have a problem in the first place.

#309883 - 07/17/17 12:46 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got the email that it'll be released tomorrow. *sighs* I know that it's an answer, but it stinks that we, the collectors are getting ripped off of a deal that should have happened with the 25% off and the free shipping.

But, life can be much harder, so I can't stress over this. People are homeless, some are sick, so in the long run, missing out on saving $11 isn't so bad.

#309885 - 07/17/17 12:55 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Pre-order of Lion King with lithographs is up . . . among new arrivals IF that helps anyone get to *free* shipping.

That and a couple of reusable totes . . . a great new Lion King one and a Spidey Man one.

#309886 - 07/17/17 12:59 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, I'm debating if I want to get "The Lion King." The only DVD I upgraded to blu-ray was "Beauty and the Beast." I don't want to open a can of worms and start upgrading these, so I think I'll resist it.

I do love those cute VHS cover journals and may go ahead and buy the BATB one.

Edit: Yeah, bought it. Anyone else see these when they showed up last week? Every one of them brings back a memory:
https://www.disneystore.com/journals-bin...433391/1000359/
https://www.disneystore.com/journals-bin...433393/1000359/
https://www.disneystore.com/journals-bin...433395/1000359/

What a clever idea someone had! I donated my VHS tapes years ago since I got the DVDs. It's a nice way to remember the old covers.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the 40,000+ piece puzzle that's $600 and 22 feet long:
https://www.disneystore.com/puzzles-game...440621/1030901/

Why? Why do you need that? Although, with it showing up, I would love it if the Disney Store starting stocking those puzzles. I have the 1000 piece Cinderella puzzle (the top row of the images on the puzzle are all available as 1000 piece puzzles, so I hope the bottom row will happen one day since I need that BATB and Peter Pan puzzle). They are not sold in the US, so I had to order it through a UK seller on Amazon. Great service though. The seller sells all of those puzzles. The Cinderella one just looked so unique, I had to have it. Ravensburger makes a lovely puzzle, and I do want the Pixar puzzle that's on the Disney Store site, but Hobby Lobby has it too, so I could just get it there with a 40% off coupon (and the price is cheaper).

Edited by luckdragon (07/17/17 01:05 PM)

#309887 - 07/17/17 01:24 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Can you imagine almost completing that puzzle and realizing at the last finishing moment, you are missing/lost a piece? I saw that this a.m. It has some very nice scenes and I love puzzles, but I couldn't do that . . . for a puzzle. I'd be hard pressed to pay over 50.00 for a puzzle. I think even the largest room in my house is only like 20' wide. Where would I work it? Even IF I worked it across/thru the breakfast/kitchen/formal dining room . . . the peninsula/counter would get in the way. I certainly wouldn't work it out in the garage.

I have two of the VHS journals in my cart. Sarah uses journals a LOT. Thought it might be a nice stocking stuffer treat. One for this year, one for next? Hard to narrow it down between Lion King and B&B, as she loves them both and so do I. Alas, my left-handed penmanship is sorely lacking, gets worse with age or perhaps I care even less, and much too large for journal sized/ruled paper . . . when I take notes for our board meeting or this or that, no one can read them but me . . . maybe that is a good thing . . . until I type & publish them via pdf file(s). I'll probably get both since they are 25% off. Love stuff like this from the Disney Store and usually it is never repeated. Got her the "Looking Glass" compact mirror last year for her stocking . . . for the price it was very nicely made.

luckdragon . . . beware on opening that can of worms. I said I wouldn't and I did. VHS (masterpiece, gold) then DVD's in Platinum and ? . . . and now blu-ray and some in 3D too . . . So I've pretty much done VHS (donated them all) and then DVD and now working on blu-rays. It never ends . . . I tell ya. wink

That said, our VHS collection was huge and took up a LOT of shelf space . . . and the "be kind & rewind" on those journals . . . I'd wind up sitting on the floor when the kids were much younger, about every other week or so, and re-winding all the movies . . . all the Disney, Sing-a-longs, Winnie The Poo set/group, School House Rock, you name it . . . so yeah that brings back fond memories for me too. haha blush

#309888 - 07/17/17 01:35 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, I like the space DVDs take up much better than VHS. I do like the digital copies too, but there is something about the physical item in your hand that makes it better. There is something about the VHS though that just reminds me of childhood. I would love to see the original VHS cover for "Cinderella" as a journal. That was my family's first ever VHS tape (we had a Beta Max before that). The first release had Cinderella in her torn up pink gown with the Fairy Godmother turning the pumpkin into a coach.

So far, I'm resisting the can of worms. Just BATB since it is my favorite. I might go for Lady and the Tramp once it gets a Signature release. Maybe. I probably have at least a year to decide.

Ooh...wonder if we'll get a cool "The Lion King" ornament this year for the Sketchbook line?!

#309889 - 07/17/17 01:38 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I hope we get several from Lion King.

I've recently added a few Jim Shore pieces of Lion King to my collection, Scar is supposed to come out maybe later this year or early next year and there are several that would make great ornaments for the Sketchbook line.

#309890 - 07/17/17 01:52 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Donna from the Disney Store just called me like she promised she would. She said that she did escalate the problem with her management, and they looked into it, saying it was a mistake that the "Shop Now" buttons were put up, and that they changed it back to "Coming Soon." She said they told her to tell me to just keep watching for it to come in stock, but it wouldn't be today.

Donna was very nice, and it was the first time a Disney Store Cast Member offered to call me. I usually get canned responses.

Speaking of the Disney Store compact mirrors, I have one from Hot Topic since they had a really cute Alice one...last year...I think, and my purse is totally Alice (including the purse, a bag inside, the wallet, and even a Cheshire Cat Tsum Tsum lip balm). The compact has a blue clock face (kind of) with an Alice silhouette. They have adorable Disney compacts. Look at this cute one from "The Little Mermaid:"
http://www.hottopic.com/product/disney-the-little-mermaid-ursula-ariel-compact-mirror/10867351.html

I have no idea who is designing these for them, but that is one of the best designs I've seen in a long time. I had to spend my Hot Cash yesterday (and had $10 worth of rewards, so I saved $25 yesterday). Bought a Buzz Lightyear T-shirt and a pretty BATB stained glass pillow. I have the throw that matches the pillow, so I'll put them on the rocking chair in the living room.

I showed restraint not buying another watch. I have a Disney watch addiction (well, a watch addiction in general) and they have the best prices on Disney watches. I got this one a few months ago during a Buy One, Get One Free sale:
http://www.hottopic.com/product/disney-alice-in-wonderland-alice-silhouette-bow-watch/10770804.html

I actually bought two of the same watch, and the price was $13.99, same as now. I bought two since one was going to be free, and I figured the band would be impossible to replace since it has that odd metal piece on both ends so they had to cut the band to fit it. The metal pieces are obviously for the bow at the top. I'm not even a huge Alice fan. Not even in my top ten, I just really liked the purse and got everything to go with it. I digress though.

#309892 - 07/17/17 02:14 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I guess I should venture to Hot Topic @ the Mall or I guess now they are online too. They had something that was hot hot hot from B&B Live but I don't even remember what it was.

This is the compact I bought Sarah. I think from the "Alice Through the Looking Glass" movie . . . with the rabbit on front and almost looks like a real pocket watch at first glance.

Alice Looking Glass Compact - eBay

Since Sarah has a pet rabbit, a lop-eared named Matilda . . .that she loves dearly . . . I had to get it for her.

#309898 - 07/17/17 03:58 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I don't bother going to their stores except when I got gift cards for my cousins. They love that store. I would rather shop online. The store's crammed full of merchandise, not very well-lit, and the music's too loud. But, I'll say that the people who work there are very friendly. At least at my store.

Very pretty compact. White Rabbit's one of my favorite characters (from the animated movie). I've never seen the "Through the Looking Glass" movie. I can't even make it all the way through the live action "Alice in Wonderland." I've tried a few times, but the movie bothers me. It misses the point of Carroll's story about it just being a nonsensical world by doing a whole hero's journey and "chosen one will save us" story. Very few people seem to understand what Lewis Carroll was doing with those two novels. Walt Disney came closest to it with the animated movie. It's nonsense. That's it. Plain and simple. I would love to see someone at Disney adapt it correctly in live action and just have fun with it. Don't worry about the plot so much as have fun with creativity and visuals.

#309899 - 07/17/17 04:24 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
lindafay Offline
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Duncan, OK USA
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
http://www.hottopic.com/product/disney-alice-in-wonderland-alice-silhouette-bow-watch/10770804.html

I actually bought two of the same watch, and the price was $13.99, same as now. I bought two since one was going to be free, and I figured the band would be impossible to replace since it has that odd metal piece on both ends so they had to cut the band to fit it.

My mother bought me a watch a while back with a band cut out around the metal piece like that. I didn't think too much about it until it broke. You're right, impossible to replace. Especially with yours having the little bow.

Linda

#309901 - 07/17/17 05:02 PM Re: Disney Storybook Classics Monthly Ornament/Pin series! [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

luckdragon, When I bought the "Through the Looking Glass" compact last year, I actually thought it was from the Live Action Alice . . . I don't think I've seen the "through" version before. So many versions. Alice isn't in my top ten either. But apparently some people love and collect "Alice" . . . I sold most of my hourglass snowglobes, never had the Alice one, but it regularly fetches 500.00 plus on eBay. Yikes. Anyways, the compact is beautiful in person with a dimensional looking/feeling cut/prism glass layer on top of the Rabbit Cover.

Ordered the 2 Journals, numerous reusable totes, although I admit I forget mine half the time but Sarah NEVER forgets hers and uses them faithfully, so 2 for me, 2 for her and 1 for her best friend (also my hair person) who LOVES The Lion King more than any other Disney movie ever and of course the pre-order of the movie. The 10.00 is always a waste, I don't think there has been a promo in the last 12-18 months that I was able to use it before it expired, just worked out that way.

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Moderator