YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
1516 Members
15 Forums
25881 Topics
320535 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#311507 - 08/14/17 01:30 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
luckdragon, your list is similar to mine.

Just saw this comment by Steve Thompson on facebook (the bolded part is bolded by me here).

I am so excited to share with you more of the "sketchbook ornaments" I've designed this year! I love working on classic scenes and characters you won't find anywhere but the @disneystore. More to come. But there is a pretty good selection available online starting today!

#311510 - 08/14/17 02:39 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
So far Buzz Lightyear, Grumpy and Huey, Dewey, & Lewy are on my list. A few others are maybe's.

Wish Sleeping Beauty was in blue.

#311519 - 08/14/17 07:34 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
My theory with Aurora is that because she and Cinderella are both blondes, they steer away from the blue for her, reserving it for Cinderella (even though Cinderella's dress looked more white/silver to me in the movie). I wish she was in blue too. There is a blue ornament of her raising the crown to her head.

Of all of the frilly princess ornament sculpts, my favorite facial sculpt for Aurora is the winter outfit, so that's why I'm getting her. Even though I have a Mulan, I may be tempted to get her. I tend to buy at least one frilly princess a year. I still need: Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel, Anna, Moana, and Elena. Not sure if they'll do Moana and Elena. Wish they would branch out to do Alice like this. I may get the Rapunzel one since this face is her best one too. I've yet to see a Cinderella face I like. Maybe next year. Anna's looked way too skinny in her frilly princess ornaments.

Edited to add: The Cinderella glass slipper says it is made of glass. I might buy it too. I'm waiting for reviews though. Last year, the Gus and Jaq on the blue ball said it was made of glass, and my all-time favorite Sketchbook ornament is the Ursula ornament on the purple glass ball. This looked like it was made like that one. Received it, and it was made of plastic! I was so ticked off. Left a review to warn others. And Disney Store never updated the description. I'll be waiting for reviews on this ornament or to hear from others here who buy it.

Edited by luckdragon (08/14/17 07:44 PM)

#311522 - 08/15/17 12:19 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Some tempting choices. I wish they'd had the run Disney ornament when I did the half back in 2012. With the year on it, it's hard to justify buying it this year.

#311527 - 08/15/17 07:59 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I wish they would reveal all of this years ornaments. It would be easier for planning what I can buy.

#311563 - 08/16/17 12:47 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
And I like a lot of them this year. :-) thus far

Angela

#311567 - 08/16/17 02:07 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

How soon you think they will add more? I'm hoping for some Star Wars Rogue One ornaments.

#311575 - 08/16/17 05:44 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Considering last year there were about 80 designs, we're still due another 20-some. I would imagine that we'll see Star Wars ornaments show up on September 1st because that's Star Wars Day (well, merchandise day since we know Star Wars Day is actually May the 4th). I would be surprised to not see a "Coco" ornament in November. The annual Mickey/Minnie glass bauble ornament always comes out later too. Should see an exclusive website ornament for a princess (probably Snow White). I'm hoping for singing ornaments too.

On Monday, if history indicates anything, we should see the new monthly series, so they may release more ornaments then. wink Maybe we'll get a nice solar eclipse sale gimmick.

#311646 - 08/19/17 09:02 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
mtwnmk Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Received an e-mail from the Disney Store:

Joy & Cheer: Sketchbook Ornaments Are Here

'TIS THE SEASON TO REVEAL OUR
SKETCHBOOK
ORNAMENT COLLECTION

But no other new ornaments have been added, as far as I can tell.

#311652 - 08/19/17 02:50 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

My guess is they are trying to send that to those poor people who don't obsessively check the site looking for ornaments. You know, not people like us.

#311668 - 08/20/17 01:11 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Vixen Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
My to-buy list so far:

Poisoned Apple
Aladdin's Magic Lamp
Cri-Kee
Pascal Light-Up

Still hoping for some re-issues from my back-collect list.

I'm happy to be adding some sidekicks in Cri-Kee (love the architecture of the cage) and Pascal (with the symbolic lantern). I'm always hoping and wishing for more sidekick/villain/supporting role ornaments. They're an important part of the main character's journey. By the end of the movie, I've invested in their character-be it with adoration or disdain.

Here are some of my hopes for future Disney sidekick/villain/supporting role ornaments:

Jasper and Horace (101)
Magic Mirror (Snow White)
Armoire (Beauty Beast)
Fifi The Featherduster (Beauty Beast)
Hades (Hercules)
Stromboli (Pinocchio)
Honest John and Gideon (Pinocchio)
Anastasia and Drizella (Cinderella)
The King (Cinderella)
Fairy godmother (Cinderella)
The Ancestors (Mulan)
The Emperor of China (Mulan)
King Triton (Little Mermaid)

#311721 - 08/21/17 08:33 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

No new ornament series posted today. Is one coming in the future or is there no series this year? We shall see.

#311723 - 08/21/17 08:51 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Don't know. I was surprised myself. But, last month, Casey came out on a Tuesday, so maybe they're switching the release dates?

In the meantime, I was searching for ornaments for others on ebay and stumbled across the Chip 'n Dale Sketchbook ornament of them with the peanut. $21.99 or best offer. Had been up for 8 days with no watchers, so I submitted a $20 offer, got accepted, and it's been shipped! Been wanting that one, but it's really expensive. $20, I can live with. So, happy Sketchbook news for me regardless!

#311724 - 08/21/17 09:42 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

Congrats!

#311725 - 08/22/17 12:09 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Congrats!!

#311726 - 08/22/17 08:05 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Hoping more Sketchbook ornaments are added soon.

#311741 - 08/22/17 09:15 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Vixen Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL

In the meantime, I was searching for ornaments for others on ebay and stumbled across the Chip 'n Dale Sketchbook ornament of them with the peanut. $21.99 or best offer. Had been up for 8 days with no watchers, so I submitted a $20 offer, got accepted, and it's been shipped! Been wanting that one, but it's really expensive. $20, I can live with. So, happy Sketchbook news for me regardless!

Luckdragon,
Wow! That's a great acquisition. That ornie is on my list as well. Congrats!

#311765 - 08/23/17 03:29 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

Luckdragin, what year did that chip n dale sketchbook ornament with the peanut come out? I am trying to determine if I have it as it looks very familiar.

Angela

#311766 - 08/23/17 03:45 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

It's from 2012. The seller actually had it listed as a 2012 Hallmark ornament. I got the ornament today, and I was impressed that they got the year right because there is no indication of the release year on it. It's from one of those years where they didn't put the charms on the ornaments with the year on them.

Very cute ornament though:
2012 Chip 'n Dale

Why are Chip 'n Dale just so darn cute? I kind of want the ornament of them on the acorn-shaped bell now...with that one and this year's, I'll have all of the Sketchbook Chip 'n Dale ornaments except the first one in the glass globe. I'm not into the glass globe ornaments. I'll make an exception for this year's Chip 'n Dale since I love "Pluto's Christmas Tree," but I really wish it was just a figural instead of encased in the globe.

#311782 - 08/24/17 09:08 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I need to find my 2012, maybe 2013 too, box of Sketchbook ornaments. I resisted them for too long and missed some good ones. I resisted due to they were resin and so HEAVY. Now it seems they are still resin but not as heavy . . . same as many of my Jim Shore Disney Traditions pieces. Older ones much heavier, newer 1/2 or 1/3 the weight of original pieces of similar size.

I've pretty much gone thru ALL of my ornaments this late Spring earlier Summer but still yet to enter all the adds/deletes in Yulelog and type up a list of the Sketchbook and my Disney Parks ornaments with character(s) holding the mini-Mickey Icon dangle/ornament, still missing just a couple, hope to get them this year, they are indeed hard to find.

I'm pretty sure I have at least 2 of the Chip and Dale on the dark copper looking bell. Also the Alice Drink Me but they have since re-issued that one.

This year . . . those with nearby Disney Stores, I'm not one of them, we've lost ALL of ours within 200+ miles, for an "in-store exclusive" like they had last year - - - Vanessa - Ursula with the full length mirror. Or watch eBay for something to pop up stating exclusive. Already seeing 2017 Sketchbook on eBay for 25-30.00 each. Really? I guess. Maybe for international shipping but other than that . . . WHY? Same as those Villains USPS stamps for triple the retail price.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Moderator