YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
1516 Members
15 Forums
25881 Topics
320535 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#311889 - 08/30/17 06:22 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I guess we'll see the Star Wars Sketchbook ornaments on Friday.

#311894 - 08/30/17 06:35 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
We should see Star Wars, but there are definitely others coming up. Should be able to check Disney Store UK around 7 PM EST on Thursday to see the Friday releases.

Saw this one on ebay today:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Doo...7-/122676593003

Doorknob got his own ornament!

#311913 - 08/31/17 06:02 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, it's disappointing folks. Disney Store UK just launched the Force Friday merchandise. Guess what the 2017 Sketchbook Star Wars ornaments are? The Rey ornament and BB-8 light-up ornament. Repeats.

Maybe they'll do new stuff closer to when the movie comes out.

#311920 - 09/01/17 08:25 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I was hoping for some Rogue One ornaments.

#311976 - 09/02/17 10:21 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
This year, I'll have to remember to wait and go to the Disney Store the first weekend in October. Last year, I bought a bunch in September and then they went on sale in October. And, just past the number of days where I could have gotten the difference back.

#311977 - 09/02/17 10:33 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm hoping they will have more ornaments on Tuesday. It would be great if they had the entire 2017 line by then.

#311998 - 09/02/17 03:22 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: MeowRalphMeow]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Originally Posted By: MeowRalphMeow
Last year, I bought a bunch in September and then they went on sale in October. And, just past the number of days where I could have gotten the difference back.
They allow you to take old receipts to get a sale price difference? What is the number of days for that?

#312002 - 09/02/17 04:10 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I think it is two weeks from ship date. Not receive date. But don't quote me on that.

I'd never done that before . . . until after D23 and they had the Jim Shore Pirate on a Canon . . . nothing worked on it 20% off or my usual 10% Disney Visa code . . . then they had some code, maybe F&F, there have been so many lately hard to remember them all, so on a whim I tried it and it worked . . . so sent the little contact us with order number and other pertinent info and got my 20.00 gift card code (it was actually maybe 18 and some change and they rounded it up).

But yep, they do . . . but it is a very short window.

ETA: Actually my shipment arrived the very same day the "new code" that worked was activated.

#312016 - 09/02/17 06:37 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I'll help folks out. Columbus Day was the big sale day last year. Sale was that the ornaments were on sale for $10 each, and you got 20% off orders of $75+. So, if you spent $75+, you got the ornaments for $8 each.

The first sold out ornament for 2016 happened the very next week after Columbus Day.

#312074 - 09/03/17 08:14 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks for that info Quackertoo and Luckdragon.

Out of curiosity... did the ornaments that were marked sold out early last year ever come back into stock, or were they real sell outs?

#312091 - 09/04/17 10:39 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

IF I recall correctly, the Scrooge McDuck was the first sellout, early sellout, and it NEVER came back in stock. Prices range 29.95 to 59.95 on eBay so I'm hoping it returns for 2017 whenever they finally release the remaining line.

Don't recall when others sold out. Most hung around at least thru early-mid November but Scrooge was the exception.

Maybe luckdragon remembers other sellouts & timeframe.

#312095 - 09/04/17 01:14 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Did a quick check on the old topic from last year. Scrooge, Chip n Dale, and Si and Am sold out together. Chip n Dale came back at one point before selling out a short time later.

I only mentioned the sell-out dates to point out that we're pretty safe waiting until the good sale.

#312097 - 09/04/17 02:10 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks! I think I'll wait for the sale but shop early on the sale date.

#312117 - 09/05/17 07:42 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Still no new Sketchbook ornaments.

#312128 - 09/05/17 12:00 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

According to last year's topic, they did not add any more until the last Monday in September.

#312151 - 09/06/17 08:48 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Not until the last Monday in September? Argh! To quote Tom Petty, "The waiting is the hardest part."

#312152 - 09/06/17 09:48 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah...it's a pain. If there's any light, I think the Beauty and the Beast deluxe set came out the second Monday in September, so we might see the Art of Snow White come out on Monday for those who want it.

I really hope they do offer it. Bambi was much more limited, and they offered that, but who knows how they decide these things? Art of Snow White is available on the UK site, and I'm going to be ticked if the Americans don't get the opportunity. Yeah, yeah, yeah we can be D23 members, but I can't afford to travel to D23, so I don't want a membership.

Found a seller last night selling the plush Bambi ornament for $1.43 plus shipping. He was also selling some of the Lady and the Tramp Tsum Tsums for $3.60 each, so I bought the ones he had (Lady, Peg, and Trusty) as well as the Bambi ornament. I really love the plush ornaments, but they're so overpriced! All of mine were bought during a sale period. I've got: Brave triplets, Eeyore, Sven, Flower, and Owl.

"Cars 3" went up for pre-sell today! I'll be waiting for a free shipping promo to hit, then I'll pre-order it. That'll save me another $10 in November with the code.

I'm on cloud 9 right now since I went to Amazon and saw that they were recommending "The Goldbergs" season 3 DVD. Hallelujah! I love that show, and I would watch the first two seasons on DVD over and over again when my mom was really sick and I needed to escape. I was so sad when September 2016 came and there wasn't a season 3. They're releasing seasons 3 and 4 on DVD on September 12th, so I pre-ordered both as an early birthday gift for myself. Over the moon excited! I have all of seasons 3 and 4 on my DVR, but I really wanted the DVDs for them. I mean, I don't mind buying digital seasons sometimes, but I tend to like the physical discs better. "The Goldbergs" is ranked right behind "I Love Lucy" and "Lost" for my favorite shows of all-time, I love it so much. There isn't a single actor or character I can't stand, which is so rare in a television show for me. It reminds me of being young. I was born in the early 80s, so I grew up with these shows, movies, toys, etc. Such a nostalgic trip. It's like a lighter version of "The Wonder Years" (which I also love).

#312159 - 09/06/17 12:17 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

The last Monday in September is the 25th. Columbus Day is Monday, October 8th. That's two weeks apart. So if I wait until the week in between to order the ones I'm nervous will sell quickly, I ought to be able to take them in a week or so later and get the sale price adjusted, right (if they hold to the same time line for sales)?

Last year I ordered about 16 ornaments when they went on sale in late September from $17 to 20% off (about $13.60 each). I thought that was a good sale price, but then they went to two for $12 each about a week later, and then just a few days after that they went to two for $10, and then they had a 20% off purchase over $75 sale on top of that, bringing the ornaments down to about $8 each. I could have saved over $140 by just waiting a few weeks. That's a painful lesson in trying to be patient.

I also was really off about predicting what would sell out quickly. Never would have guessed Scrooge McDuck. The princess Ariel sell out also surprised me, I thought most of the princess-styled ornaments hung around into late December. And the Limited Edition variant Belle was around for a long time, but I thought that would sell out quickly. It's so hard to predict Disney sales.

This year I'll have to be better about visiting an actual Disney store to pick up the in-store exclusives.

#312174 - 09/07/17 12:09 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
The Goldbergs is that good? I haven't been interested in it, but when you list two shows I love (well, until the final season of Lost proved they had no clue what they are going), I might have to find a way to give it a try. Because I need another TV show to watch.

In all of this discussion about Disney ornaments, the one thing we've haven't discussed is that it appears we don't have a limited series this year.

#312179 - 09/07/17 09:25 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Diana*, yep I was off base on sellout(s) last year too. I was doing my priority strategy with my 2 per "most" of the designs and totally missed Scrooge but was OK on all the rest.

Mark, yep, so far it looks like no new ltd. series. Whew. I'm kinda glad kinda sad. This last series, I did skip several. Many were characters I was just not familiar with and I have all or almost all of the older shorts/cartoons collections that were issued in the tins, some limited some not . . . although I haven't taken the time to actually watch them all from start to finish.

I am going to try to watch all the Disney feature classics in alpha order and then the Pixar before our late Nov. early Dec. trip to WDW. Was watching one the other day that was on the Sunday Night selection on the Disney channel and realized I have missed many scenes over the years with kids and multi-tasking duties . . . while there are some that I had on VHS before kids, very few, that I watched over & over back in the day.

Rambling . . . the other day I organized all my DVD's on a tall 5 shelf bookcase, complete with little Brother PT labels on each shelf for Disney A to whatever and whatever to Z and same for Pixar . . . Holiday . . . music DVD's and "other". Then added on 3 of the shelves these battery operated LED light units (about the size of a surge protector strip) that are motion activated as this bookcase sits in the corner behind the patio door so kinda darker corner of the room. Somehow over the years of Sarah @ college & co-op semesters . . . she'd "borrow" DVD's in a Vera case that held many and lost my Beauty & The Beast DVD, platinum release I think . . . probably left it in a friends DVD player one night while having a movie/study night as most semesters she'd forgo cable TV unless it was FREE . . . thank goodness I had a duplicate on that one. I'll just have to deduct that from her inheritance . . . haha JUST KIDDING. smile

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Moderator