YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
4 registered (keladewig, JerseyVike, susan in florida, 88eggs), 88 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26131 Topics
322925 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
#313223 - 10/09/17 08:18 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: luckdragon

Good eyes! I think he was there when the sale started on Thursday morning... He's the ornament people on Instagram kept going gah gah over and taking pictures of the most. Grumpy disappeared temporarily, so keep your eyes peeled. He might show back up. wink

And welcome to the boards!

Ditto on the new site shopdisney vs disneystore.

Yep, Pascal was on there early various % sale day as he was one I was on the fence about and delayed the purchase kind of like the Uncle Scrooge last year only to never return . . . so we'll see on Pascal/Lantern.

#313241 - 10/09/17 10:07 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I have the Lumiere Parks ornament. It lights up, which is nice, but Hallmark has the best Lumiere sculpt ever with the limited from 2016. Perfection.

I'll probably end up getting the Parks ones eventually. I'm sure I have enough BATB ornaments to do their own tree. lol

Got my shipping notice from the Disney Store! Everything's been shipped except Lady, Chip 'n Dale, the Coco set, and the blu-ray (obviously). Very excited! The Coco set is not my style, but that'll give me five new characters in my Disney character ornament collection. I'm at 292 without them, so I'm excited! Once I get them as well as some Hallmark Disney ornaments (like the Dory one with her parents and the Zootopia one), I'll have over 300 different characters in ornament form! Whoo hoo! laugh

I'm very happy to be able to get those Cogsworth/Lumiere and Mrs. Potts/Chip. So expensive usually! Last sold Cogsworth/Lumiere sold for nearly $65:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Ske...e-/112591529612

Can't find a last sold Mrs. Potts/Chip, but I see the Cogsworth/Lumiere one more, so that's not shocking. Hallmark did the best job with Mrs. Potts and Chip way back in 2001 with the porcelain ornaments.

Seller's also selling Belle with the Wardrobe. Forgot to mention that one. I think that was 2012...maybe 2011. Nice piece too.

Speaking of BATB ornaments, the Jim Shore one is amazing! Bought it several weeks ago:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beauty-The-Beast-Hanging-Ornament-NEW-FAST-DISPATCH-/162698992470
I paid $29.99 for it from an American seller. I wish they would sell these in the US. Do they? I've never seen them in a retail store or at an online retailer. They're packaged/marketed as Disney Traditions, and nearly everyone who sells them is from the UK.

Edit: Got a new email. Rest of my Disney Store order (except the blu-ray) has been shipped! So, Lady and Chip 'n Dale will arrive with the Coco set. laugh

Anyone on the fence or waiting to buy these 4 B&TB from Japan ... bought the 4 today with the code PROMONYCC today via eBay (never have used a code on eBay before, first time for everything haha) and saved 17.84. Yay~!!! Pretty much gets them down to barely over the 16.95 USA costs of a Sketchbook ornament and the free shipping on all 4. Yay~!

And yay that I ordered majority of my Sketchbook 2017 last week with the 25% off plus the 2 fer 12.00 each promo making them about 9 bucks each.

#313249 - 10/09/17 01:07 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Nice job!

I noticed in the pictures, they have 2017 charms on the ornaments. So, I went and checked. Disney Store Japan has all of these ornaments on their website (although Cogsworth and Lumiere has sold out on their site):
https://store.disney.co.jp/c/c5078/

Disney Store UK has the Beast in the tub as well as the Belle singing at the fountain.

US Disney Store? Zip. I'm not trusting these to show up in the US. No American listings for the 2017 versions, no reports of them in the stores. I doubt they're saving them to release later. This was probably just in response to the live action movie's popularity, but they decided to not give the Americans the option of them. *sighs* The movie must have done extremely well in Japan for them to release that many Sketchbook ornaments for one movie (7 ornaments is a lot for a single movie). But, given how expensive these are, I'm happy to get them. Now, I need a re-release of Figaro/Cleo... Also wish they would do a Sketchbook Gaston besides the one that came in the Deluxe set...

While I was on the UK site, I saw this:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/chip-n-dale-hanging-ornament-476335772798.html

Adorable! It's not a Sketchbook since Sketchbook ornaments don't have the little clips like that, but it says it was made for the Disney Store. I guess, maybe for the UK store.

#313252 - 10/09/17 02:29 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I was just watching Pinocchio yesterday . . . watching in date release order . . . must be due to come back out of the Vault soon . . . as my DVD was a much older "Gold" one unless it came out in recent years & I just missed it.

Maybe they'll re-release Cleo/Figaro then.

#313258 - 10/09/17 04:47 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I am SO glad I ordered at the 2 for $12 each plus 25% off and free shipping sale. $9 each is just a fraction over half off. I would have been very disappointed otherwise with the sale they have today (2 for $12 each and free shipping). It kind of hurt at checkout, but it's better to get at these prices than to wait and get on eBay.

Pascal was another I decided to wait on, too. Surprised to hear it's getting a lot of attention on Instagram. I guess that character is more popular than I thought. There were a couple at the Disney store, so I'll keep an eye on the store if I decide I need one.

Oh Deana, now you have me very tempted to get those Japan Disney ornaments with that discount code! Where did it come from? I think Ibotta may still have an eBay rebate; will have to check and see. I have done very little eBay purchasing this last year. It even kind of feels weird to get on there once in awhile to look around. LOL.

Do we know when the last of the US ornaments were revealed last year? Is there still hope there may be more releases in the near future?

btw - I looked through all the Frozen musical ornaments on the shelf at the store and found one that was mostly ok and one that was "Well, it's the best of the bunch" but a little disappointing. They had problems ranging from "weird eyes" to "no nose" to "scattered drops of stuff in bad places". They all had painting outside the lines on the shoe area. I wonder if they rushed that one through so that it doesn't have as good of a paint job than many of the other Sketchbook ornaments?

#313259 - 10/09/17 05:02 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Diana* The code was right there "click here for more" info on the auctions themselves.

At first I was afraid it might only work on one . . . so added all four to cart . . . added code and voila discount on all four.

I think the only catch is you have to pay via PayPal which is how I pay for 99.9% of my eBay purchases. Added a new card recently to get my spending/miles but today added it to PayPal too . . . so really No Catch to the promo.

Good Luck~!!!

#313264 - 10/09/17 05:40 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*
I am SO glad I ordered at the 2 for $12 each plus 25% off and free shipping sale. $9 each is just a fraction over half off. I would have been very disappointed otherwise with the sale they have today (2 for $12 each and free shipping). It kind of hurt at checkout, but it's better to get at these prices than to wait and get on eBay.

Ditto~!!!! So glad I didn't procrastinate that day~!!!!

AND it doesn't hurt as bad IF you broke it into several orders with increments of 100.00+. hahaha Just kidding. I did it just to break up the orders to not have a HUGE overstuffed box and perhaps breakage. Other than that . . . no rhyme nor reason . . . I sometimes do that with Macy's etc. etc. on breakable/fragile orders.

#313274 - 10/09/17 09:04 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
I was just watching Pinocchio yesterday . . . watching in date release order . . . must be due to come back out of the Vault soon . . . as my DVD was a much older "Gold" one unless it came out in recent years & I just missed it.

It was rereleased earlier this year (January 17th) as part of the Signature Collection on DVD and blu-ray. The Gold release was in 2000.

#313275 - 10/09/17 09:35 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Lillame Offline
Elf in Training

I was really hoping for a better sale today. Bummer.

I got my three must-haves for the year: Grumpy, Chip and Dale and Groot. I wanted a few others but I try to limit myself to only a few sketchbook ornaments a year being on a student budget and to ensure they all fit in the tree (although now I don't have to worry about the monthly anymore.. hmm). SO HARD TO RESIST!!

#313278 - 10/09/17 10:11 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: MeowRalphMeow]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: MeowRalphMeow
Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo

It was rereleased earlier this year (January 17th) as part of the Signature Collection on DVD and blu-ray. The Gold release was in 2000.

Thank you for this information~! smile

#313283 - 10/10/17 12:00 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, somebody must be buying those themed Mickey Ear Hat ornaments and Shoe ornaments, as they've added themed Handbags. And not to make it all girlie, there are Racers. I'm glad there is something else for somebody to throw their money at Disney since they don't appeal to me beyond a mild, "Oh, isn't that creative how they...?"

Ugh. Just discovered this on QVC. Hallmark's gone to the shoe side.
http://www.qvc.com/Hallmark-Set-of-4-Princess-Pump-Ornaments.product.H212192.html

And wait, for the guys:
http://www.qvc.com/Hallmark-Set-of-4-Superhero-Sneaker-Ornaments.product.H212193.html

It's just such a corny concept to me, and they do so many of them. I can just imagine that 2/3rds of the Disney Christmas stores' ornament stock are just shoes, purses, ear hats, and race cars.

I know there is a market for these, and I'm glad I'm not a fan. This would be so difficult to keep up with.

#313288 - 10/10/17 03:29 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
ajfargo Offline
Elf

Loc: Fargo
Some of the ornaments are marked down to $10. Looks like it is for today only.

#313299 - 10/10/17 08:22 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

You know what...I think Columbus Day was 10/10 last year, so that might have been why we had the $10 Sketchbook sale... And then they had the % off deal that they did not do this year (except doing it the Thursday-Saturday before).

#313303 - 10/10/17 09:47 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Ugh - those shoes aren't even attractive. The Disney ones are more detailed, and the sneakers could have been interesting but there is something off with the shape. So glad I'm not a fan of these. I agree Luckdragon... far too many produced to keep up with. And I wouldn't want my tree overrun (omg there is a pun in there) with shoes.

#313304 - 10/10/17 09:53 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh, and after hearing Deana mention for years about ebates I finally joined and saved a little over $7 on my first Disney purchase (almost enough for a free ornament). They currently have a 2% rebate on Disney (was 4% over the weekend), 1% of QVC, 1% on eBay, and 6% on Kohls. If anybody shops online at those places and wants to save a little more, they have a new member referral going on. I think you get a $10 bonus after your first purchase, and I get a bonus for referral. Win/win. Use this link: https://www.ebates.com/r/DIANA4333?eeid=28187

#313306 - 10/10/17 10:22 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh, and after hearing Deana mention for years about ebates I finally joined and saved a little over $7 on my first Disney purchase (almost enough for a free ornament). They currently have a 2% rebate on Disney (was 4% over the weekend), 1% of QVC, 1% on eBay, and 6% on Kohls. If anybody shops online at those places and wants to save a little more, they have a new member referral going on. I think you get a $10 bonus after your first purchase, and I get a bonus for referral. Win/win. Use this link: https://www.ebates.com/r/DIANA4333?eeid=28187

Glad you finally signed up. I just checked my lifetime rewards balance . . . $1,333.43. Not bad for an extra click of the mouse.

I also sometimes do MrRebates . . . lifetime 957.18.

Again not bad and a few more hundred bucks from upromise. Use to LLBean, Anthropologie and Parisian now Belk didn't have the others, only upromise so I'd do that one for them. Usually 5% but sometimes around Christmas many stores double it thru upromise to 10% so that adds up nicely. Edited to add: Just checked and almost another 700.00 with upromise . . . easy money between the 3 for stuff I was going to buy anyways~!!!!

And it is so easy . . . quarterly deposit to your PayPal account and then after it arrives a quick transfer to your bank account if you so desire.

A handy tool for finding the best rebate % or codes or mileage (pretty much all of them) . . . is to click on a site called www.evreward.com THEN type in where you are shopping to find the best codes/rebates to use. Although the new (well I added it maybe 6 months ago) app/button on my computer to automatically remind/click thru ebates . . . guess I should check to see IF there is one for MrRebates too. Now you don't even have to remember, your computer/phone reminds you.

Edited by Qwackertoo (10/10/17 10:50 AM)

#313315 - 10/10/17 12:34 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

WOW Deana! It really does add up!

Received my first shipment. I thought it had everything (it was certainly big enough), but there were four ornaments missing so that must be in a second shipment.

I was so happy to see that some of the white ornament boxes had closable lids, but then dismayed when the old "tape the heck out of it" boxes showed up. For all the griping people do about Hallmark boxes and packing with tissue, they don't use twice the space of the ornament, the boxes are MUCH smaller, and they generally respect keeping them in pretty condition. I can pack two to three Hallmark boxes in the space of one Disney box. And I don't have to retype it every time I take the ornament out and put it back.

#313316 - 10/10/17 12:44 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, but the regular Disney Store doesn't sell them in boxes, so the box presentation is not important to Disney with the Sketchbook ornaments. My battery-operated ones, delicate ones, special sets, and monthly ornaments stay in their boxes. I toss the other boxes.

Cogsworth and Lumiere sold out from the seller in Japan, and that's the one that sold out on the Japanese Disney Store website. My fingers are crossed that mine make it safely overseas.

#313318 - 10/10/17 01:02 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, but the regular Disney Store doesn't sell them in boxes, so the box presentation is not important to Disney with the Sketchbook ornaments. My battery-operated ones, delicate ones, special sets, and monthly ornaments stay in their boxes. I toss the other boxes.

Cogsworth and Lumiere sold out from the seller in Japan, and that's the one that sold out on the Japanese Disney Store website. My fingers are crossed that mine make it safely overseas.

You and me both~!!!!

#313319 - 10/10/17 01:04 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

WOW Deana! It really does add up!

I thought some real numbers would give you the motivation and encouragement to always try to remember to "click thru" one of the rebate sites~!!!

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >

Moderator:  Moderator