YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
YuleLog Links
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
3 registered (ILuvChristmas, 2 invisible), 45 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5565 Members
15 Forums
24883 Topics
306519 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#311438 - 08/12/17 02:34 PM 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments
sgrigby1 Offline
Elf in Training

I have 5 Member Exclusive ornaments and they are not in the 2017 database. Does anybody know if there is a way to enter them manually?

#311452 - 08/12/17 11:44 PM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
Barbara Harris Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Miami County, Kansas, USA
Yes, there is!
...oh, never mind. I am still using my 2015 edition until a couple more ornaments arrive. But maybe this will still work...

- Go to "Work With Collection"
- Toward the top of the screen in the group of options, is a "New" button.
- Click on that and you will get a blank screen.
- Now you can easily enter your ornaments and even add photos!

There is certain info having to do with market value that is not available but otherwise you've got the full deck.

Perhaps some of this has changed in the 2017 edition, but at least this will give you a place to start looking. Good luck!

#311454 - 08/13/17 03:58 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Sean didn't have all of the information he needed to put these in the 2017 edition, but he has said that they will be in the 2018 edition. I have sent him all the information he'll need.

He is considering producing a file that people could run to add these to the price guide.

If he doesn't offer the file, next year you'll want to add the record from the price guide, update it with your information, and delete your record that you created for each ornament. That way the records will update going forward.

#311460 - 08/13/17 11:01 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I'm still using the 2013 version, so I've been manually entering all the ornaments we've bought since then.

#311474 - 08/13/17 05:43 PM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
Santa's Helper

I just checked the 2017 version of Yulelog and the process that Barb described above is still the same.

#311495 - 08/14/17 08:07 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
Barbara Harris Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks for checking, Nancy!

#311497 - 08/14/17 08:57 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
sgrigby1 Offline
Elf in Training

Thanks for thr info.

#311520 - 08/14/17 09:12 PM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
Collector Joy Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Illinois
Sgrigby1, I entered mine on the 2017 program and copied a picture of the ornament from ebay. Had to save it to my computer and then copied it off the clipboard.
Hope this helps you a little, Barbara's instructions are exactly how I did it.

Joyce

#311521 - 08/14/17 10:22 PM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
Barbara Harris Offline
Santa's Helper

Yes, Joyce, to the picture process. Google images is also a good source. I love that YuleLog offers that option.

My pet project right now is going backward through my collection and adding/fixing all pictures I can. I'm back to 1999...still a long way to go, but it's rather enjoyable to get a visual review of my whole collection. And thrifty, too. On my "want" list were three ornaments that I found were already in my inventory!

#311523 - 08/15/17 01:39 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: Barbara Harris]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Barbara Harris
Yes, Joyce, to the picture process. Google images is also a good source. I love that YuleLog offers that option.

My pet project right now is going backward through my collection and adding/fixing all pictures I can. I'm back to 1999...still a long way to go, but it's rather enjoyable to get a visual review of my whole collection. And thrifty, too. On my "want" list were three ornaments that I found were already in my inventory!

Are you finding any that Yulelog has added the pictures for that weren't in there at some time previously? I found that after the 2012 rewrite many of the older ornaments that were reissued lost the picture on the first year, only to have it appear on the second year. I sent Sean a list of those and they may have been fixed in the 2016 version but may not have been fixed until 2017. I also found some that said that if you had a picture you could send it to Todd; between the two of us those have now been cleaned up also. ;-)

#311524 - 08/15/17 07:12 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
Barbara Harris Offline
Santa's Helper

Nancy, I only purchase YuleLog updates on the odd-numbered years. If a picture disappeared then reappeared, I'd never know it! :-)

I'm hoping to see that the Price Guide pages that had incorrect or no pictures have been revised to include correct pictures. I run across this mostly with the older ornaments and occasionally among newer ornaments.

#311526 - 08/15/17 07:51 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I know at some point I'll have to upgrade, but I'm worried I'll lose the info and pictures I've added. I went through my entire database and added pictures, added info, corrected info.

Has anyone had a problem with losing pictures or info they added?

I'm still running the 2013 version, but I also manually added all the ornaments with pictures from 2014 thru 2017. If I upgrade will they be lost?

#311535 - 08/15/17 11:46 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
MicheleB Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Monroe Township, NJ
Stan,

You will have to save the file using the utilities button and not the save button when you quit the program. I ran into this problem a while back and that is what I had to do then. I continue to do that now every time I exit the program. I never use the save when quitting. I always save with the utilities button.

#311538 - 08/15/17 12:24 PM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
susan in florida Online   happy
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
I haven't upgraded since 2000. I have manually added the ornaments EVERY YEAR.

My problem is I had a MAC that is so old that I only keep it because I have the ornament program on it. Otherwise it would be in a trash can already.

I no longer use a MAC. Even with directions the idea of moving it off a MAC and onto the new computer just blows my mind.

I would rather take three times as long to enter the ornaments every year than even try.

#311539 - 08/15/17 12:31 PM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: MicheleB]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: MicheleB
Stan,

You will have to save the file using the utilities button and not the save button when you quit the program. I ran into this problem a while back and that is what I had to do then. I continue to do that now every time I exit the program. I never use the save when quitting. I also save with the utilities button.

I may try this in the next couple years, but I'm still nervous about an update. I spent many hours getting all the data, the pictures, removing duplicates, etc., corrected.

#311546 - 08/15/17 12:50 PM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: Barbara Harris]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Barbara Harris
Nancy, I only purchase YuleLog updates on the odd-numbered years. If a picture disappeared then reappeared, I'd never know it! :-)

I'm hoping to see that the Price Guide pages that had incorrect or no pictures have been revised to include correct pictures. I run across this mostly with the older ornaments and occasionally among newer ornaments.

I think that I sent Sean pictures for ornaments that had no picture or had the wrong picture up through 1999. I hope that helps people like you who are entering older ornaments. Let me know if you find some and we'll see what we can do. I don't think Sean has a good idea about where to go to get pictures.

Some day I'll get back to going through the price guide, item by item by year to see what's messed up and/or missing. I think I got to 2003 before I had to pursue other issues in my life. I know I didn't even think about going back to that when I was trying to get this year's update verified because more people tend to use newer records than older ones, and those of us who do use the older information just want to throw up our hands and say "I give up!"

#311551 - 08/15/17 09:47 PM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: MicheleB]
Barbara Harris Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: MicheleB
Stan,
You will have to save the file using the utilities button and not the save button when you quit the program. I ran into this problem a while back and that is what I had to do then. I continue to do that now every time I exit the program. I never use the save when quitting. I also save with the utilities button.

Michele, thanks so much for this tidbit of info. This is the first year I will have a lot of ornaments manually entered - my 2016s - plus the pictures I've added from the vintage years. I will definitely do this!

#311559 - 08/16/17 07:36 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
MicheleB Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Monroe Township, NJ
You're welcome.

#311561 - 08/16/17 10:16 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
Sandy Dandy Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Shelby Twp Mi
Barb Harris, Do you know anything about the 2004 Chess Set given away on the white board at the event in KC.

Sandy

#311562 - 08/16/17 11:51 AM Re: 2017 Member Exclusive Ornaments [Re: sgrigby1]
88eggs Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-Coordinator
Elf VP

Loc: Illinois
Sandy: Here are the chess set details, as posted on Hooked on Hallmark. It is currently sold out, but retails at HOH at $169.95.

Intricate craftmanship and whimsical detail make the Hallmark Christmas Chess Set a delightful addition to any tabletop. A regal Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus defend one side of the board with the help of the elves. The other side is defended by the king and queen of the polar bears with the helf of a variety of snowmen. Sculpted by seven Keepsake Studio artists, the beautifully crafted chessmen are stored inside two decorative "books" that open to form the chessboard.
Artist: Sculpted by 7 Studio artists
Santa's Team
King: Robert Chad
Queen: Tammy Haddix
Bishop: John "Collin" Francis
Knight: Robert Chad
Rook: John "Collin" Francis
Pawns: Kristina Kline, Tracy Larsen, Tammy Haddix, and Robert Chad

Polar Team
King: Tracy Larsen
Queen: Kristina Kline
Bishop: Julie Forsyth
Rook: Tammy Haddix
Pawns: TammyHaddix, Julie Forsyth, and Kristina Kline

Additional Item Information:
Includes board and 32 chess pieces. The Hallmark Christmas Chess set is handcrafted and wood. The Christmas Chess set was produced in limited quantities and was ONLY available to 2004 Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Club members.

Size: Board:12" W x 13" W
Pieces: appx 1" H to 2" H
Dated: No, Not Dated
Power Source: N/A

Ted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator