YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
YuleLog Links
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
2 registered (JerseyVike, 1 invisible), 48 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5549 Members
15 Forums
24704 Topics
303973 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#312180 - 09/07/17 12:26 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Something similar happened to me. I loaned Song of the South to some people and was returned an empty case. I didn't check at the time, and couldn't remember who had borrowed it last. I figure they had the dvd disc left in their player and just returned the empty case. Bummer. I don't think the disk was labelled very well either, so if they spit it out at the some later time they may not have recognized what it was.

I'm pretty glad about no new monthly series. One reason the sell-outs affected me last year was that I reserved some ornaments to buy each month over the Christmas season to get the monthly releases with a few ornaments to reach the free shipping. This year I think I'll just make one big purchase when the 2 for $10 sale hits with 20% off. (Unless there are some MUST HAVES that I'll risk buying earlier with the hope I can get the sale price adjusted within the two week date).

#312218 - 09/08/17 06:01 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I'm hoping they aren't replacing it with the blind box monthly series. Their choices haven't been too bad for that series, but I can't do waterglobe ornaments. Have had some in the past, and they just lose water eventually.

I don't mind a break from the series, and it means that the Snow White set's price won't be as hard to deal with.

Keep on checking ebay. The only ornament we haven't seen is the doorknob ornament (which is two-sided).

As for "The Goldbergs" it is now in syndication, so local stations may start playing it. I've seen ads that the local CW will be airing a couple of episodes daily. If you want to check it out to see what the show is, I would watch one of these episodes: "Call Me When You Get There" (season 1, episode 7), "Kara-Te" (season 1, episode 11), "DannyDonnieJoeyJonJordan" (season 2, episode 10), "Barry Goldberg's Day Off" (season 2, episode 14-considered the best episode). The show is based on Adam Goldberg's childhood with his crazy family. He took a lot of video of his family as he grew up, and at the end of the episode you see a clip of something that inspired part of the episode. Some people hate that the show doesn't follow a chronological order. IE: In one episode, Erica's having a sleepover where she and the other girls watch "Troop Beverly Hills" on VHS, a tradition they started when they were younger, but that movie wasn't in theaters until 1989, so they wouldn't have watched it annually in the 80s. The show's set in "1980-something" and by doing that, they can just pick and choose what they want to have in an episode, even if "Return of the Jedi" has just been released in theaters but they say something about "Back to the Future" in the same episode (Jedi: 1983, BTTF: 1985). The episode usually ends on a heartwarming moment, and sometimes you just need a show that makes you smile. It started at a time in my life when I really needed it, so I'm just addicted to it. Hits the nostalgic part of my brain too.

Edit: Oh, and the fans of "The Goldbergs" are called the Goldnerds. wink

Edited by luckdragon (09/08/17 06:03 PM)

#312219 - 09/08/17 08:03 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
mtwnmk Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

I went to the mall tonight. I was shocked when I ventured into the Disney store. They were unpacking and putting out
the Sketchbooks. Some were still not unpacked when I left.
In addition to those already online, I saw the keyhole, a 2nd upright Moana, A Bolt and Mittens in a blue open vehicle with sidecar, Groot (similar to this year's Hallmark design), Elsa, Anna & Olaf in an arch.
I was somewhat puzzled by the material used for some of the ornaments-very plastic-y: Cri-Kee's cage, Rescuer's leaf, Poisoned Apple, Jiminy Cricket's outer waves, Maleficent's flames.
Grumpy is quite large and Lady is so darn cute.
If I have occasion to head that way over the rest of the wekend, I'll try to stop & see what else has been added on the empty hangers.
I also noticed that there were no clear plastic dividers between the ornaments in each row. The salesclerk said that they decided not to use them as last year adults were dropping them on the floor creating a real mess and safety hazard.

Edited by mtwnmk (09/08/17 08:27 PM)

#312241 - 09/08/17 10:31 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Nice! I did a search on Instagram and found the picture of the Frozen ornament. It's a musical ornament:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYvxwdUAjM4/?taken-by=essentiallydisney
Have to ask how Anna is holding Olaf without gloves...Elsa, I kind of get, but wouldn't Anna's hands get too cold? I'm obviously overthinking this.

Moana ornament:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYyK-fKAdD1/?taken-by=essentiallydisney

Groot:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYy9QXTArUz/?tagged=disneychristmas

#312282 - 09/11/17 04:09 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Okay, they did add some ornaments today:

Olaf's Frozen Adventure musical ornament
Doorknob ornament
Puppy Dog Pals ornament
Moana frilly princess
Merida frilly princess
Groot ornament
Cassandra and Rapunzel ornament (I guess this is from the television series since it has that weird style about it).

They also added the Marvel limited edition set. It's showing as sold out, even though the photo hasn't been uploaded, so I think this is a mistake, but maybe it did sell out. If I had wanted it, I would have bought it from ebay when that seller was selling it for $5 below box price with free shipping. I would appreciate it if they put the picture up though for my Sketchbook ornament album. *pokes*
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...435971/1000344/

And they added an Olaf's Frozen Adventure limited edition set:
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...443143/1000344/

I'm already sick of this holiday special. I'm sorry, but they're just too into this. I'll buy the musical ornament but not the set. Too much Olaf in the set. I like Olaf as a character and the voice is good, but I can't stand to look at Olaf. Does that make sense? The ornament of him with Anna where he has a lollipop for a nose is just so weird. Skipped the "Frozen Fever" set when it was available, so I'll skip this.

Begs the question though: If we can get a limited set for "Olaf's Frozen Adventure," can we please get a limited set for some other Disney Christmas cartoons? Namely "Mickey's Christmas Carol." Maybe "Prep & Landing." Does "Prep & Landing" still run at Christmas? Hmm... I have the DVD of both of their specials, and I enjoy them.

#312283 - 09/11/17 10:56 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I haven't seen Olaf's Frozen Adventure, but love the coloring in that set. Such a pretty blue. I may get it.

Oh, and btw Luckdragon - as a gal that grew up in Wisconsin with lots of snow every winter... there are times you forgo the gloves for brief moments. And sometimes (this is weird) there will be snow on the ground but the air doesn't feel as cold anymore. I guess the snow is actually melting a little bit, but there'd be so much on the ground you wouldn't really notice. This would be when you don't bother with the fuss of gloves (they take awhile to put on and off and if you are doing it a lot it gets annoying.) I have made snowballs without wearing gloves, and I've made little snowmen without gloves. Your hands are cold briefly and then warm up. So I have no problem with Anna picking up and holding Olaf while not wearing gloves.

#312284 - 09/11/17 04:53 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I don't know about y'all . . . but searching on All New Arrivals and sorting by Newest isn't pulling up current newest stuff. Don't know what has happened to their search lately? And before this I didn't have to click on Newest but now it selects "most popular" within New Arrivals. Argh. I really don't have time for that when I'm checking early in the mornings.

#312286 - 09/11/17 05:24 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I have to get up so early on Mondays, I figure it out once the broken image links show up. lol They seem to be after the first few rows and in alphabetical order. *shrugs*

Still waiting for Art of Snow White. Wish that the other Disney Store sites would just let US residents order from them. I would be buying some of those cute Disneyland Paris ornaments. ebay sellers want way more than the retail price and want a huge amount for shipping. Sorry, but I buy dolls from international sellers. I've bought from sellers in France, UK, Italy, Australia, and Canada. A doll's weight and size is much bigger than these ornaments, and the shipping they want has been higher than what I've paid to have a doll shipped to me. I'm not paying that for international shipping unless it was from the Disney Store UK site. People in Europe can purchase from the Disney Store US site. I just want the same benefit.

#312288 - 09/11/17 06:11 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, it is aggravating in that I shop/buy from multiple categories and not just ornaments.

Clicking on New Arrivals and sorting by Newest isn't rocket science. Disney can afford to hire the very best website people.

#312310 - 09/12/17 09:06 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I may add the Groot ornament to my list.

#312313 - 09/12/17 09:28 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I don't even know who or what Groot is. haha

#312318 - 09/13/17 12:43 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
I don't even know who or what Groot is. haha
He's from Guardians of the Galaxy. It's technically baby Groot, as most of the movie he's a giant tree alien and I don't want to post any spoilers here.

#312333 - 09/14/17 07:55 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
erika20_98 Offline
YuleLoggers Club Treasurer
Elf Manager

Loc: Idaho
Diana*,

When do the ornaments usually go on sale for the 2 for $10 and how do we get the extra 20% off coupon?

#312340 - 09/14/17 03:13 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: erika20_98]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: erika20_98
When do the ornaments usually go on sale for the 2 for $10 and how do we get the extra 20% off coupon?

Luckdragon tracked the info...
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Columbus Day was the big sale day last year. Sale was that the ornaments were on sale for $10 each, and you got 20% off orders of $75+. So, if you spent $75+, you got the ornaments for $8 each.

Of course, there is no guarantee that Disney will do the same, but I'm sure hoping they do. And as noted above, you don't need a coupon, but be sure to use the promo code that will be listed on the Disney site for the 20% off and free shipping.

#312400 - 09/18/17 04:06 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
ajfargo Offline
Elf

Loc: Fargo
There are a few more that showed up today. And there is a 20% off sale as well. I think I will wait until October to see if they do the BOGO sale.

Allen

#312402 - 09/18/17 07:37 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Still only like a few so far. I'll wait for a $10 sale.

#312411 - 09/18/17 05:43 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Lillame Offline
Elf in Training

Oh no, are they starting to sell out already? I'm not seeing Grumpy!

#312416 - 09/18/17 08:18 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Lillame]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Lillame
Oh no, are they starting to sell out already? I'm not seeing Grumpy!

That is my must have so far from the 2017 line. After seeing it, then I came across a similar 2 piece figurine by Jim Shore, the organ animals are stacked one higher . . . and the a WDCC piece of the same and stacked even one more higher . . . hope it isn't sold out already.

Disney Store website has undergone some pretty significant design/functionality changes in the last several days . . . and maybe not for the better . . . I think the search function is even worse . . . IF that is possible.

I bought the Redhead from the Pirates ride (Disney Parks) via the Disney Store about 2 weeks ago and have since received it and see it is now gone too.

#312417 - 09/18/17 10:12 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Stuff goes in and out of stock on the website sometimes. I buy their Signature puzzles, and it's a catch and mouse game of when they have them in stock. They'll usually have at least one design in stock and at least two out of stock at any given time. Speaking of which, they are dragging their feet with the "Aladdin" 25th anniversary puzzle. I'm not paying nearly twice the price on Amazon. They haven't popped it up yet. Frustrating.

I'm not concerned at this point; they probably sold out of an initial shipment. Rare to see something sell out completely before a sale. And they did get the Si & Am ornament back in stock after its first time selling out. A few others went in and out. Even some of the limited monthly ornaments did that a few years ago.

Some folks here have local Disney Stores, so I'm sure someone would be willing to help out if the ornament is gone for good from the site.

#312432 - 09/19/17 08:36 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Grumpy's in stock again.

I'm still holding out for the sale.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Moderator