YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
YuleLog Links
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
3 registered (ILuvChristmas, 2 invisible), 45 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5565 Members
15 Forums
24883 Topics
306519 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#313320 - 10/10/17 01:11 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Anyone need Ben Ali Gator & Hyacinth Hippo? HURRY!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-in-the-Box-D...t-/202078067357
BIN $10.50. Insane price for one of my favorite Sketchbook ornaments!

Edit: It sold. Hope someone here got it! Seller had no clue how valuable that particular ornament is. Rare.

Edited by luckdragon (10/10/17 01:48 PM)

#313326 - 10/10/17 03:49 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Cute~! Twasn't me~!!!

#313329 - 10/10/17 04:38 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I was tempted to buy it to see if anyone here wanted it since I figured it was going to go fast. But, I chickened out. It's a beautiful ornament in person. Better sculpt than Hallmark's Fantasia ornament. But Hallmark put the correct colored skirt on Hyacinth Hippo...so...

Hopefully the ornament went to someone who has wanted it for a long time.

Folks, let me know if there are any in particular you are looking for. I search Disney Store ornament fairly regularly on ebay. It's how I've managed to score a few deals myself.

#313336 - 10/10/17 07:29 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Wow! I don't recall seeing that one. Great sculpt and great price.

#313340 - 10/10/17 08:28 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Was there a Pooh/Tigger/Piglet ornament online before? I don't see one now, but did see one in the store today. Pooh has on brown ice-skates. Tigger is on his shoulders and head, and then Piglet is riding on top of Tigger. Pooh is wearing a Santa hat and a red and white striped scarf. Tigger has a red scarf. Piglet is wearing a green and white striped scarf. Is this one new this year, or a repeat from a previous year? The painting on them was kind of messy so I passed.

Also passed on exchanging my Lilo and Scrump for another. The two they had in stock weren't much better than the one I wanted to return.

Even though it was a stock day, they didn't have any Pascal and the Lantern. Did have two Up! houses, one Beauty and the Beast Enchanted Rose, a Grumpy at the Piano. They do not seem to be really piling on the stock like they have in year's past. Maybe this is to cut down on breakage?

Received a 20% off promo code card and was super excited thinking I could use it on top of the $10 sale currently available online (not in the store... those were still marked $12 each when you buy two), but unfortunately it doesn't start until October 16th.

#313341 - 10/10/17 08:36 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Yep, there had been a Pooh/Tigger/Piglet "piggy back/shoulders" ornament. I didn't buy it but did notice it because it reminded me of some newer Jim Shore pieces with same characters/pose and also he has one same pose with either Fab 4 or 5.

Is search for Sketchbook still showing 74 as the result?

That is what it was last time I looked yesterday sometime.

Lucky you having a local store.

#313357 - 10/11/17 12:21 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Well, it's a good 25 to 30 minutes away, but yeah, I realize that is still better than for a lot of people who don't have a store at all.

Thanks for the info on the Pooh ornament. So then so far there hasn't been a store-only exclusive this year...

#313362 - 10/11/17 07:54 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Ornaments are back to $12 each when you buy 2.

Still haven't placed my order. Probably wait for a new sale, or at least free shipping.

#313371 - 10/11/17 08:10 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*
Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Well, it's a good 25 to 30 minutes away, but yeah, I realize that is still better than for a lot of people who don't have a store at all.

Thanks for the info on the Pooh ornament. So then so far there hasn't been a store-only exclusive this year...

Here, 25-30 minutes is the norm for pretty much any store. Of course that is 25-30 minutes minimum traffic . . . but always at least 20 miles away for anything other than a grocery store, gas station or drug store~! So many times Amazon Prime is so much easier. Seems I get a package(s) from either USPS, UPS or FedEx almost daily, even now on Sundays from USPS~!!! blush

#313372 - 10/11/17 08:19 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*

Also passed on exchanging my Lilo and Scrump for another. The two they had in stock weren't much better than the one I wanted to return.

So you already received your order from last week with 12.00 each less up to 25% for 100.00+ purchases?

Usually I get mine very quickly . . . but seems I have 1 package arriving today and 2 of them tomorrow . . . as they are coming from Ontario CA instead of the usual Memphis TN.

So that is maybe why you received yours so much faster this time around~!

Crossing fingers for good paint jobs on all of mine~! I was tempted to order a few extra's last night but kinda forgot about it . . . with the 10.00 each and then 10% off with DRVCMEMBER code . . . but alas I did not . . . what with the Japan order too . . .

#313373 - 10/11/17 08:22 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
I was tempted to buy it to see if anyone here wanted it since I figured it was going to go fast. But, I chickened out. It's a beautiful ornament in person. Better sculpt than Hallmark's Fantasia ornament. But Hallmark put the correct colored skirt on Hyacinth Hippo...so...

Hopefully the ornament went to someone who has wanted it for a long time.

Folks, let me know if there are any in particular you are looking for. I search Disney Store ornament fairly regularly on ebay. It's how I've managed to score a few deals myself.

luckdragon, I should probably take a looksie @ your Sketchbook photo album and see what "would love to have's" from years gone by before I started buying Sketchbooks. That could get expensive YIKES . . . thanks so much for the generous offer of helping find them~!!!!

#313386 - 10/11/17 01:55 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Received 2 boxes from USPS today. Not much.

One box had my Villains Play Set Figures . . . wonder what kinda of cake I could make using those? Hmmmmmm Planning Coconut for the Frozen but am drawing a blank on the Villains . . . something chocolate would be too dark. The Villains set will be nice . . . haven't received other ordered sets.

The other contained ONLY 2 ornaments. The Chip & Dale Glass "bauble" and the Aristocats. The Aristocats chair was broken off from the base. Will wait for boxes scheduled for tomorrow and ? to assess all the remaining ornaments . . . before calling for replacement(s).

#313393 - 10/11/17 07:02 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got all of my Disney Store order in two different boxes today! Everything was great, even the Frozen ornament had good eye placement on those tiny characters. Got some Hallmark order stuff today.

I ordered this set of tea towels: https://www.hallmark.com/gifts/kitchen/kitchen-linens/carolers-tea-towels-set-of-2-1MJB4632.html

It arrived, but the second towel wasn't the one pictured. It was from this set:
https://www.hallmark.com/gifts/kitchen/k...2-1MJB4631.html

And if you read the product description, the towel pictured and the towel received don't even match the description. Very strange. Wish it had been the other towel, but at least the carolers are right. I guess the towel I got is more year-round than the one I was expecting.

Coco set was really well-done. Very similar to the Moana set. The precision in painting the small details is impressive. I plan to review it on Youtube once I see the movie.

Huey, Dewey, Louie hangs crooked (tilts sideways on Huey's side), and the placement of the metal rod with the eyelet is so strange.

Very pleased with the Chip 'n Dale one! Wish it wasn't in the glass bauble and had just been a figural, but it's pretty.

I wish the water on the Rescuers was more like the water on the Ugly Duckling or Lambert, but it's still a nice sculpt.

Aristocats is very cute. Smaller than I expected. The Aristocats ones tend to be harder to find on ebay. I would love to have the one with the whole cat family on the chair. Have all of them but that one. Hope one day they do Scat Cat. And the geese.

Lady's adorable. Been wanting Hallmark to do that ornament for years. Thank you, Disney Store!

The Frozen one's fine. Detailed, etc.

Grumpy's got wonderful details. I would say better than the Frozen one.

Aladdin's lamp is great, but I'm miffed that this is the only ornament for this movie's 25th anniversary (minus frilly Jasmine). The movie's called "Aladdin," you would think Aladdin would have an ornament. I would have picked him gripping the edge of the carpet as he and Abu are trying to fly out of the Cave of Wonders. I also would have reissued the "A Whole New World" ornament. I remember this movie was huge when I was a kid. It was the first Disney movie to get a direct-to-video sequel (I consider "Saludos Amigos" to be the first Disney movie with a sequel, and then "The Rescuers").

#313414 - 10/12/17 08:53 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Deana pointed out that the Art of Snow White set is available online today!

https://www.shopdisney.com/art-of-snow-white-ornament-set-limited-edition-1435793

I had to rationalize its price as, "Well, with no monthly ornament series, that saves me over $240 a year." It's like getting this set for free. laugh

#313429 - 10/12/17 01:18 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Elf VP

Loc: Texas
Wow, it's gorgeous!

#313438 - 10/12/17 06:26 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Nice! And ebates is offering double rebate (4% instead of 2%). I wish the 20% off was working now...

#313439 - 10/12/17 06:42 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I'd watch for a code IF you order. Within two weeks of it's ship date and try to get an adjustment. Wonder how
long they will last???

Edited by Qwackertoo (10/12/17 07:46 PM)

#313445 - 10/12/17 10:02 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Vixen Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Chicago, IL
luckdragon,

Thanks for the tip on the Cogsworth and Lumiere ornament from the Japanese seller-I bought one too--fingers crossed for a smooth transaction.

Since I waited for Columbus Day to buy my ornaments, I missed Pascal with Lantern which is my favorite of the 2017 line. I've been in contact with my semi-local store checking on new shipments for Pascal with no luck so far. So, I checked EBay again and just purchased Pascal for $18.99/free ship. I can live with that price…I would have paid out 9.75% in sales tax, used gas, dealt with mall frustration not to mention my time. Website may replenish, but I'll be glad to have this ornament in hand.

#313453 - 10/13/17 09:29 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Okay, today it is 25% off select Holiday merchandise. ONLY the merchandise here:
https://www.shopdisney.com/25-off-holiday

The buy 2 or more Sketchbooks for $12 each is still going on, so you can get them for $9 each.

The Star Wars limited edition ornament set does count for the sale. It is the only ornament set that counts (besides the frilly princess set, but I think it's cheaper if you buy those individually).

Stan, have you seen the Star Wars nutcrackers on the site?
https://www.shopdisney.com/darth-vader-nutcracker-10-1449598
lol

I'm loving this:
https://www.shopdisney.com/bambi-retro-sign-1447734

But, I just bought the Snow White set yesterday, so I'll have to wait. Maybe it'll get reduced as we get closer to Christmas... There's a retro ceramic tree, and it has images of the plush ornaments on it. Love those plush ornaments! You can get them much cheaper on ebay (I scored Bambi for $1 and some change plus shipping several weeks ago). I have the Mr. Christmas one from QVC, and love it, so I need not buy this one. Hallmark's doing one next year. Nice that retro is in, since that's my favorite decorating style!

You're welcome, Vixen! I think the seller just had four, so you bought one, I bought one, and Deana bought one (I think). Really looking forward to getting it!

#313474 - 10/14/17 12:16 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Deana pointed out that the Art of Snow White set is available online today!

https://www.shopdisney.com/art-of-snow-white-ornament-set-limited-edition-1435793

I had to rationalize its price as, "Well, with no monthly ornament series, that saves me over $240 a year." It's like getting this set for free. laugh

Can't afford not to buy it! smile

I'm passing, but it is indeed gorgeous.

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Moderator