YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (ajfargo), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1532 Members
15 Forums
26198 Topics
323851 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#313477 - 10/14/17 01:45 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Steve Thompson pointed out in a post on facebook yesterday that "his" sculpts of this set were now available @ Disney Store. I made the comment that I had ordered mine and had been searching the website for weeks and weeks for them. Then he "liked" my comment.

Since I'm a fan of his Sketchbook ornaments, and he rarely posts about them, maybe once, maybe twice a year when they are initially introduced or a new limited series . . . I try to comment about them.

#313478 - 10/14/17 01:49 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon

You're welcome, Vixen! I think the seller just had four, so you bought one, I bought one, and Deana bought one (I think). Really looking forward to getting it!

Yep~! I bought all four of the B&TB designs from this seller. Crossing fingers and toes they arrive safely. With the code on Columbus Day . . . couldn't beat the price for all four which was barely more than what the Cogsworth/Lumiere sold for on eBay recently.

Excited to receive them.

#313494 - 10/15/17 05:26 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
So you already received your order from last week with 12.00 each less up to 25% for 100.00+ purchases?
Yup, the majority showed up (14 ornaments) in a HUGE box. I received a notice two days later that the rest (five more ornaments) were being shipped. They didn't show up two days after the first box did though, probably a weekend between the dates threw it off. The five later shippers were Bernard and Bianca, Chip and Dale, King Louie, Aristocats, and the monthly Casey at Bat.

Did anybody else order more with the two for $12 each sale and 25% off Holiday JOY code? I decided to get a few more (the $9 price is fabulous - and this way if Pascal shows up in the mall I can just do an exchange and get it at the sale price instead of buying it at full price or the $12 sale if that is still going on).

I've found the Disney ornaments go over great at Hallmark club gift exchange events. When you have a Hallmark ornament in the gift exchange, so often people will already have the ornament, or if they don't have the ornaments it's simply because they decided to pass on it so don't really want it. Or if you use a past-year's edition the values are so low that even if you paid a pretty penny for it they don't seem appreciated. But the Disney ornaments are received with surprise and oohs and ahhs. Probably just the novelty of seeing something different for Hallmark collectors.

#313507 - 10/15/17 08:18 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore

Stan, have you seen the Star Wars nutcrackers on the site?
https://www.shopdisney.com/darth-vader-nutcracker-10-1449598
lol

Thanks for the info Amanda. They do look nice.

#313558 - 10/18/17 01:07 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I'm extremely angry at the Disney Store right now. I got my Art of Snow White set and happily opened the box. The lid was upside down. The lid is dirty and disgusting. The box has scratches on the back, the lid has been removed and re-taped. One side was not even re-taped. One piece of tape has two strands of human hair attached to it. The ornaments are luckily intact, though Snow White's arm has a stress crack. Not that big of a deal (better than broken).

I've contacted them asking them how they're going to make this right. This looks like a returned item. Check out some of these pictures I took.

Upside down lid:

Dirty lid:

Box tape with human hair (you can see the old tape under it):

I asked them in the email (sent with pictures), if they saw this in a store, would they spend $200 on it?

Who packaged this order? Seriously. Usually these have a white box over the product. Mine was just loose in the box. Who looked at this and thought it was okay to ship?

#313559 - 10/18/17 02:47 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh dear. I thought mine would arrive today but so far no notification from USPS or UPS. Weird sometimes I haven't been getting them, either emails or texts, and Disney spells everything the same as every other package I receive.

That is HORRIBLE packaging. I hope you hear they are willing to cut 20-25% OR more off and send you a coupon code for that amount or an outright refund back to your method of payment.

I've never received such a shabby package from Disney Store . . . broken items yes but not obviously used & returned like that. YIKES.

#313561 - 10/18/17 05:24 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Vixen Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Chicago, IL
You're welcome, Vixen! I think the seller just had four, so you bought one, I bought one, and Deana bought one (I think). Really looking forward to getting it!

luckdragon,
I received my Cogsworth and Lumiere today. Everything looks good. How about you?

#313564 - 10/18/17 05:49 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh dear. I thought mine would arrive today but so far no notification from USPS or UPS. Weird sometimes I haven't been getting them, either emails or texts, and Disney spells everything the same as every other package I receive.

That is HORRIBLE packaging. I hope you hear they are willing to cut 20-25% OR more off and send you a coupon code for that amount or an outright refund back to your method of payment.

I've never received such a shabby package from Disney Store . . . broken items yes but not obviously used & returned like that. YIKES.

They called and said they could either send out a new set after I mailed back that one (but would not guarantee they could send it if it sold out before I returned this one) or credit me back 10%. I took the 10% since the paint jobs are flawless on these and no guarantee about the next ones having bad worse problems than a cracked elbow. Very frustrated by the whole experience. It's not the person who called's fault, and I'm guessing 10% is the most they're allowed to do. If the set had had a broken ornament or gnarly paint jobs, I might have gambled sending it back. But, the paint job on each is extremely good. At least I'll only have to look at the box twice a year (getting decor out, putting it away).

Haven't received my order from Japan. No tracking number makes it difficult. I know I have a package from Japan that passed customs, but it's a doll. And another package that passed customs in New York from Thailand, so maybe it's with those, in NYC.

#313567 - 10/18/17 06:48 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Vixen

luckdragon,
I received my Cogsworth and Lumiere today. Everything looks good. How about you?

Nothing here . . . yet. Crossing fingers & toes~!

#313568 - 10/18/17 06:51 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

They called and said they could either send out a new set after I mailed back that one (but would not guarantee they could send it if it sold out before I returned this one) or credit me back 10%. I took the 10% since the paint jobs are flawless on these and no guarantee about the next ones having bad worse problems than a cracked elbow. Very frustrated by the whole experience. It's not the person who called's fault, and I'm guessing 10% is the most they're allowed to do. If the set had had a broken ornament or gnarly paint jobs, I might have gambled sending it back. But, the paint job on each is extremely good. At least I'll only have to look at the box twice a year (getting decor out, putting it away).

Haven't received my order from Japan. No tracking number makes it difficult. I know I have a package from Japan that passed customs, but it's a doll. And another package that passed customs in New York from Thailand, so maybe it's with those, in NYC.

Last year with B&TB set . . . after receiving broken set, nothing as bad as your packaging . . . they said they'd reserve one for me . . . I didn't "trust" that so re-ordered and made them send me a return label vs. me having to pay to return it.

10% seems paltry. But I guess it is what it is. The flawless paint jobs are very high up on the priority list so that is good vs. risking receiving a broken set.

Still no package but UPS has been running as late as 7-7:30 p.m. these days and it is still October~! So maybe later tonight.

#313569 - 10/18/17 08:24 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Mine arrived about 7:30. So far looks PERFECT but I haven't removed the lid. Gotta do my second treadmill session for the evening.

luckdragon, IF I were you, I'd be tempted to order a replacement, request a postage paid return label for the messed up set . . . and then when the new set arrives, IF it is perfect keep it . . . IF not swap the lids out and return the less than perfect set.

Not sure the 10% is worth the human hair and messed up presentation of this beautiful set.

Can't wait to open mine and make sure they are ALL just right but from thru the lid the paint jobs all look really good and this time no broken little bird from Snow's hand in the yellow dress.

#313627 - 10/20/17 08:20 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Hmm...Beast in the tub must be in the US stores. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Sk...7-/382256629679

Still nothing from Japan for me. frown

#313629 - 10/20/17 09:00 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Nothing for me either. frown

As far as B&M stores . . . not one within several hundred miles of me. We lost ours ages ago and so did Nashville & Birmingham. I'm not sure IF there is still an outlet store at outlet mall near Opryland . . . they were flooded very bad several years ago and haven't been there in ages. When the kids were much younger we'd go up and have lunch @ The Rainforest Cafe and pop in the outlet store and Build A Bear. smile

#313642 - 10/21/17 03:05 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got both of my ornaments from Japan today! Both are perfect! So happy to finally get these. The Cogsworth/Lumiere ornament is better than I expected too! So cute!

I'm going to have to remember this seller in case this happens again in the future where overseas gets reissues or unique ornaments. The outer carton they came in is so adorable with the cute bears and Disney characters.

#313661 - 10/22/17 09:26 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Still no package from Japan for me. frown

Maybe tomorrow~!

#313670 - 10/22/17 05:01 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh and I think I ordered a couple of days later too which factors into shipping . . . I ordered that Monday on Columbus Day~!

Whew . . . just finished inspecting my 2 huge and 1 small box of Disney Store ornaments. Does anyone else dread opening all those boxes and styrofoam etc. and the tape around each styrofoam insert? What a MESS I made with little white pieces of styrofoam all over the living room floor.

The other 3rd huge box was my Disney Play Set Figurines . . . what nice little figurines they are . . . these will be so fun to decorate cake with or kids to play with in the future down the long windy road. wink

#313671 - 10/22/17 07:11 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I'm not a fan of how the Disney Store ornaments are boxed. I usually resize the box they come in and throw out the Styrofoam. I prefer bubble wrap.

#313673 - 10/23/17 07:56 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: JerseyVike]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Woo Hoo the package from Japan finally showed up in my tracking emails from the USPS. I'm signed up for emails/texts from USPS, UPS & FedEx . . . amazing it made it from Japan to NY, NY from late afternoon drop off on the 13th to the 16th, and processed thru facility in NY on the 16th . . . but yet has taken to the 23rd to get to the USPS facility in Huntsville @ 5 something this a.m. and usually that means it will be to my little post office later this a.m. and in my mailbox by noon-ish. Not bad. Eleven days total . . . and most lengthy portion of the journey was in the U.S.A.

#313680 - 10/23/17 11:48 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh My Gosh . . . these four were worth the wait. All four are wonderful. To get these re-released B&TB Sketchbook pieces at these prices was a fantastic deal . . . and add that to the discount on Columbus Day either sponsored by eBay or PayPal, I think the latter . . . . LOVE THEM.

And such excellent packaging by the seller. Each in their box/styrofoam and then each wrapped in smaller bubble wrap and then entire interior of box surrounded by medium sized bubble wrap. A+++++.

luckdragon, this seller is definitely worth watching in the future for either Japan exclusives or older re-released Sketchbooks. Thanks so much for the tip that lead me to obtaining these 4 ornaments as I certainly wouldn't have been able to purchase at the eBay going rates here in the USA . . . each would have easily been quadruple the price I paid including shipping. I have all four for the price I would have more than likely paid for just ONE.

Made My Day/Week~!!!!

edit:

p.s. I did have to sign for the package as it was sent Registered Mail. Since mine was 4 . . . not sure IF seller sent where y'all had to sign too.

I felt like Toy Story 2 in reverse . . . getting a package from Al's Toy Barn in Japan~!!! haha

Edited by Qwackertoo (10/23/17 11:50 AM)

#313685 - 10/23/17 02:16 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

That's interesting that you had to sign. They just left mine on the porch, yet my package of two My Child dolls from Thailand and package with my new Pullip doll from Japan arrived the same day but I got the notice of they couldn't deliver since no one was home, blah, blah, blah. No worries, I swung by the post office on my way home and got them, but strange...

Glad you like them! laugh I'm still not a fan of Belle's eyes on the one. Maybe I'll go buy a fine line brown Sharpie one day to correct them.

And yes, the seller knew what he or she was doing with the packaging. To give free shipping like that with those prices, they probably barely broke even.

Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Moderator