YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
YuleLog Links
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
1 registered (MarkyMark), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5558 Members
15 Forums
24830 Topics
305875 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#314505 - 11/14/17 07:22 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
FREESHIP today. Any order. Restrictions apply. Today Only.

If you have any stragglers or items but not up to 75.00, today would be a good day to order.

#314520 - 11/14/17 10:46 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
There's yet another Enchanted Rose! Disney Parks version:
https://www.shopdisney.com/beauty-and-the-beast-enchanted-rose-ornament-1452451

I like Santa Mickey with the Castle:
https://www.shopdisney.com/santa-mickey-and-cinderella-castle-ornament-1337558
(There's also a Santa Mickey and Minnie with a teeny castle inside a glass teardrop.)

And Santa Mickey with Pluto looks very similar to the two Hallmark ornaments this year, but you get them both for under $22
https://www.shopdisney.com/santa-mickey-mouse-and-pluto-ornament-1337168

Figment in a Santa hat looks creepy to me:
https://www.shopdisney.com/figment-holiday-ornament-1336063

Nope, nope, no, no, no.

#314521 - 11/14/17 11:22 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*

Figment in a Santa hat looks creepy to me:
https://www.shopdisney.com/figment-holiday-ornament-1336063

Nope, nope, no, no, no.

Now that you mention it . . . he does look like a cross between a dragon and some prehistoric dinosaur like bird creature with that pointy mouth/tongue.

#314533 - 11/14/17 07:30 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Magical rush $7 ornaments!

#314534 - 11/14/17 07:47 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Sadly, my Cars 3 code does not work. Grr. Called Shop Disney. They said they were going to send me a new code that takes up to 24 hours to arrive. Grr. I was going to buy the Baymax and the Enchanted Rose ornament (Parks version).

Hopefully it's non-expiring since the free shipping ends tonight.

Did buy three ornaments during Magic Rush: Cinderella's slipper, Cri-Kee, and Belle in the yellow dress. Code is CHEER

Glad Diana pointed it out since I forgot to order the slipper on my last order. And now I'll have frilly dress Belle in all three dress colors (pink, blue, and yellow). I just need a frilly Cinderella, Anna, and Elena. I'm surprised Elena was not in the line-up for the frilly princesses this year. Maybe next year. Anna looks way too skinny in both versions they've done, and I've not seen a Cinderella one I've liked yet except maybe the huge dress ones from early on. I have the Giselle like that, and it's just too big to want more. Giselle's hard to find. They never do products for her anymore.

I was going to buy another Beast in the bathtub since he's so cute, but he's sold out. Oh well. Still have my original, don't really need an extra, and I have a 1990s Enesco ornament called "Beauty for the Beast" (one of the best titles for an ornament). Give that one a look-up. He's in the tub too.

Oh, and do yourselves a favor and search Sketchbook ornaments instead of clicking on Magic Rush. Clicking on it, it didn't bring up all of the ornaments and repeated several (I saw Beast in the tub, the sold out ornament three times, and Cri-Kee was nowhere in sight). I hate the new site. Trying to look at new releases yesterday was a nightmare. It had the Chip nutcracker next to itself and one in the row below. I finally just gave up and searched for the ornaments to find the new Christmas ornaments from the Parks.

#314535 - 11/14/17 08:04 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Magical Rush code is CHEER. Use it in combo with the FREESHIP. But it is not good with DRVCMEMBER or the 20 or 25% off promos (don't know why those are showing up when they expired days ago. So annoying.)

The ornaments are selling out like hotcakes. Jiminy in the rain drop (glass) is gone from the site. Beast in bath sold out. Singing Ariel sold out. Singing Moana sold out. Enchanted Rose, Up House, and more have sold out. If there is anything else you wanted to get don't wait !

#314536 - 11/14/17 08:28 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm done with Sketchbook for 2017. smile

Earlier I did order Steve the holiday tee with Grumpy/lights . . . 12.00 . . . 1/2 price and FREE shipping. Probably the cheapest order EVER @ Disney Store for me. hahahaha

#314537 - 11/14/17 08:39 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

We'll have to remember for next year that come week before Thanksgiving that the Sketchbooks are pretty much wiped out. When I searched earlier today it was 55 results, although just now it was 65 . . . and it started out around 75-77 . . . their website drives me crazy.

The new & improved Shop Disney site . . . is far from improved. Argh.

Finding the "newest" items is basically a useless function these days. And to think they fired American workers and hired via H1B Visa's . . . imported CHEAP LABOR. And this is what they produced? Please. Hire back the Americans. And pay them what they are obviously worth as their old site was quite good and functional. Rant Over. smile

#314540 - 11/14/17 09:05 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Still no replacement code and Baymax sold out. So much for "it says it takes 24 hours, but usually it shows up in minutes." Uh huh. Lies. I'll be calling again once the 24-hour period is up, explaining that waiting on the code cost me the free shipping code and the product I was going to buy sold out. This is ridiculous.

Baymax should show up on ebay eventually. Usually for a better price.

#314544 - 11/14/17 09:40 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Here are the Sketchbook sell-outs now that the promotion is over:

Beast in tub
Belle singing
Buzz Lightyear
Chip 'n Dale
Duchess and Thomas O'Malley
Enchanted Rose
Grumpy
Huey, Dewey, and Louie
Jiminy Cricket
Mickey & Minnie Hawaiian Holiday
Moana singing
Pascal
Pooh, Tigger, and Piglet
Tinkerbell glass globe (I really hope they make the Neverland sculpt from this ornament bigger and just sell that since I would love that as its own ornament)
Up house

I really wish Pocahontas and Mulan were not holding presents. I love their sculpts, but the wrapped gifts look so odd. Why would they have wrapped gifts like that? Gah! Driving me bonkers. They just needed Meeko and Little Brother with them (or Mushu).

Oh, and the limit to adding things to your bag is 50 btw. I think I was driving the site nuts trying to add things to the bag to see if they had sold out.

#314546 - 11/14/17 09:58 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Lillame Offline
Elf in Training

Some of the ones you mention Luckydragon are still available to buy such as the Up house.

Turns out I should of waited to buy all the ones I wanted this year but for Chip n' Dale.

#314547 - 11/14/17 10:59 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm glad I didn't wait on some of the ones I wanted, as many were sold out during the magical rush.

Wow that is the fastest sold out and then back in stock ever!

I would have ordered an extra Up House had it been available during the Magical Rush. It definitely had "sold out" when I clicked to look at it. Ditto Beast in the bathtub.

I checked to see if Baymax was also back in stock, but alas, he isn't. But remember how some of the Parks ornaments were in and out then in again then out again several times last year? I wouldn't give up Luckdragon... keep watching.

#314548 - 11/14/17 11:04 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be back in stock. And Disney over-refunded me for my Art of Snow White set. Told them on the return receipt that they had refunded me 10% already, and they still gave me back the total. I'll still call them though since I was promised the code.

But, you can catch some of the Parks ornaments cheaper on ebay. I think I got the Bambi/Thumper one for like $12.50. Not that I recall seeing the website have it. It's the one where Bambi is sliding on the ice with Thumper caught between his front legs. You know, the scene you would have thought Hallmark would have done for the anniversary Christmas ornament instead of doing a springtime scene with Flower.

Up House was not in stock when I posted the list. Some of the ones I posted look like they're in stock, but if you try to add them to your bag, they say they're sold out. Up House was like that, and I guess it could have been a glitch or some people may have cancelled their orders.

#314549 - 11/14/17 11:07 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh, and Luckdragon, I totally agree with you about the presents taking away from the designs for Pocahontas and Mulan. I also have a gripe about the Jasmine ornament wearing a bare midriff with a winter-themed outfit. What the heck?

#314550 - 11/14/17 11:11 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, I didn't even bother mentioning Jasmine. Don't like her with a present, but I don't care for her sculpt at all either, so even if it was Abu with her, I wouldn't be interested.

#314554 - 11/15/17 01:42 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
SorcererDonald Offline
Elf in Training

luckdragon, if you happen to have an iPhone, you can download the Shop Disney Parks App for free. It has most of the Walt Disney World merchandise on there to purchase. They have the Baymax ornament on there and free shipping until Wednesday night. They donít take Disney Store coupons but they do give the Disney Visa discount and Annual Passholder discount if you have one of those. They have sales off and on too. A 25% off sale just wrapped up Sunday night.

They have a ton of ornaments that are not on the Shop Disney/Disney Store site. Some are in-store purchase only but a lot arenít. Usually, with a few exceptions, itís mostly the ones that are only sold in the Epcot World Showcase pavilions that are restricted.

Edited by SorcererDonald (11/15/17 01:45 AM)

#314555 - 11/15/17 06:56 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: SorcererDonald]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Works for Android phones too. I placed an order yesterday and another day before. My Disney Visa code worked but not their special codes that came in the last newsletter. Oh well, still happy to have access . . . the items for Monday's order were going double the price on eBay. Whew. I would have not gotten them otherwise IF not for the app.

#314574 - 11/15/17 03:54 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Finally placed my order. Should arrive by the end of the week.

#314579 - 11/15/17 04:36 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I wouldn't have wanted to order the ornament without the code since the quality of the Parks ornaments is about the same as the Sketchbook ornaments, so they're overpriced by at least $5. I never pay full price for the Parks ornaments.

Guess what? Still no code, so I've emailed them to see if that gets faster results. Can't stand to be promised something and not have it delivered.

#314658 - 11/20/17 03:05 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Finally got my code from the Disney Store. Won't expire until 12/31/18. So, I'll save it.

If I wore makeup, I would be tempted by the Snow White products they added today. The containers are adorable. Blush, lipstick, etc.

Love the new watches for Snow White, Evil Queen, and Cinderella. But, I don't pay that much for watches (they're $129.95 each). I have a lot of cute character watches, and I don't think I've ever paid more than $30 (and that was for the Lady and the Tramp 50th anniversary watch). If I was going to go after the expensive Disney watches, I would go after the Fossil watches. Most are pretty affordable, and they have so many interesting ones. Alas, I have too many watches. Several need new bands (my nerd Stitch watch that everyone loves now needs to be replaced), and my Peter Pan/Wendy lost it's cover for the winding stem, so I need to get that fixed... I'll deal with some of the bands after Christmas. I have no idea how to figure out the size of the bands online.

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Moderator