YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 69 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26157 Topics
323423 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#309911 - 07/17/17 06:26 PM 2017 Mayor's Christmas Tree Ornament
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
I went to Crown Center the other day, and I asked the nice people at the Customer Service Center what this year's design is. They just got it finalized that day and had to be sure they could tell me before they did.

It's a skate like a figure skater would wear!

They know the event is coming up soon so they have their stock of previous year ornaments ready to go. They have run out of the green and red slips of paper that go with them to tell the history of the ornaments and what the charity does. If you buy some ornaments and don't get these, let me know and I'll send you a copy.

They know they'll be getting people turning in preorders for this year's ornaments while people are in town for the event.

If you're coming to the event and haven't been to the Crown Center Customer Service Center and need directions finding it let me know. It's tucked away in a corner so you may need some help. The best thing is it's next to the fudge store. The scent is free but getting a piece of that delicious candy isn't...

#309953 - 07/18/17 07:22 AM Re: 2017 Mayor's Christmas Tree Ornament [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
erika20_98 Offline
YuleLoggers Club Treasurer
Elf VP

Loc: Idaho
Nancy,

Thanks for the info! Are there other Kansas City exclusive ornaments this year?

#309976 - 07/18/17 11:53 AM Re: 2017 Mayor's Christmas Tree Ornament [Re: erika20_98]
happytocollect Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: ID
Yes Erika there is a Snowtop lodge ornament exclusive to KC, along with BBQ, (I think) look on Digitaldreambook.com. The Crown Center Hallmark is taking orders along with pins. Give them a call.
See you in a couple of weeks! Can't wait.
Cheryl

#310023 - 07/19/17 09:40 AM Re: 2017 Mayor's Christmas Tree Ornament [Re: happytocollect]
lindafay Online   content
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Duncan, OK USA
I pre-ordered the Snowtop Lodge. They said they would contact me for credit card info after Premiere (too busy that day!). I've been eagerly awaiting their call. I plan on picking mine up at the event.

Linda

#310034 - 07/19/17 01:30 PM Re: 2017 Mayor's Christmas Tree Ornament [Re: happytocollect]
erika20_98 Offline
YuleLoggers Club Treasurer
Elf VP

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: happytocollect
Yes Erika there is a Snowtop lodge ornament exclusive to KC, along with BBQ, (I think) look on Digitaldreambook.com. The Crown Center Hallmark is taking orders along with pins. Give them a call.
See you in a couple of weeks! Can't wait.
Cheryl

Thank you for the heads up and I went and took a look. I'll be calling the store!

#314657 - 11/20/17 03:04 PM Re: 2017 Mayor's Christmas Tree Ornament [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Bumping this up since the ornaments go on sale this Friday at 10 AM at the Crown Center Customer Service Center.

For those who don't know, the Mayor's Christmas Tree Fund is a citywide effort to help those who need it this time of year. They get help from individuals and groups, and this is one of their fundraisers.

Hallmark has made these ornaments since 1981. For several years they took an acrylic ornament that had appeared in their regular line and redid it to include the Mayor's Christmas Tree words on it. In 1986 they started reusing the wood from the previous year's tree to make the ornaments. At least one year they ran out of ornaments and used some wood left from a previous year to make the ornaments. These ornaments always come in a nice package, and since each one comes from a tree they are unique in the pattern of the rings from the tree.

Last year the shipments of ornaments ordered before this week started arriving before Thanksgiving.

Here's a picture of this year's ornament. I got to thinking today that maybe the idea of an ice skate was inspired by the fact that Kansas City was the site of this year's US Nationals skating championship.

#314715 - 11/22/17 07:11 PM Re: 2017 Mayor's Christmas Tree Ornament [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Thanks for posting. The ice skate is cute.

#314796 - 11/26/17 07:19 AM Re: 2017 Mayor's Christmas Tree Ornament [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
I received my ice skate on Friday. It is cute. When I went to the event, I signed up for one.

#314803 - 11/26/17 12:25 PM Re: 2017 Mayor's Christmas Tree Ornament [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS
Bumping this up since the ornaments go on sale this Friday at 10 AM at the Crown Center Customer Service Center.

For those who don't know, the Mayor's Christmas Tree Fund is a citywide effort to help those who need it this time of year. They get help from individuals and groups, and this is one of their fundraisers.

Hallmark has made these ornaments since 1981. For several years they took an acrylic ornament that had appeared in their regular line and redid it to include the Mayor's Christmas Tree words on it. In 1986 they started reusing the wood from the previous year's tree to make the ornaments. At least one year they ran out of ornaments and used some wood left from a previous year to make the ornaments. These ornaments always come in a nice package, and since each one comes from a tree they are unique in the pattern of the rings from the tree.

Last year the shipments of ornaments ordered before this week started arriving before Thanksgiving.

Here's a picture of this year's ornament. I got to thinking today that maybe the idea of an ice skate was inspired by the fact that Kansas City was the site of this year's US Nationals skating championship.

The ornament is very cute. Thanks for the photo.

Hallmark fan,
Queli

Moderator:  Moderator