YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (SandyT), 73 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26325 Topics
325399 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#312932 - 10/05/17 10:11 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Whoa...okay, a Japanese seller is selling several older BATB Sketchbook ornaments for a great price!

I bought one of the Mrs. Potts and Chip:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Jap...ip/272876043523

And Cogsworth and Lumiere:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Jap...re/272876043565
I've wanted that Cogsworth and Lumiere for a while. That was the one I noticed first and did a double take on it with the price. I had to check it in my Photobucket album to make sure it was that ornament.

So excited to get them! I already have the 2010 Beauty and the Beast, which the seller is selling too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Japan-ornament-Bell-And-Beast-/272876043522
I'll warn that Belle has yellow eyes on the ornament...yeah...not a fan of it, but love the movie, so I was happy to get it for about $25 last year. Usually, it sells for higher.

If you missed out on the Beast in the bathtub, the seller has that one too for the cheapest I've seen it since around the time it sold out:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Japan-Ornament-Beauty-and-the-Beast-Beast-/272876043426
If you did skip it, reconsider it. It is one of my favorite Sketchbook ornaments. Really nice, even though it kind of combines two parts of the grooming scene. Lightweight too.

99.9% positive feedback with over 2000 feedback scores, so I feel pretty confident in the seller. I do buy dolls from overseas sellers (have a Belle Pullip doll on pre-order from a Japanese website), so I don't mind doing it. It can be a long wait for items to arrive. Italy was the worst for the waiting. Took nearly 4 weeks, and the tracking number once it left Italy did me no good. I know some folks don't like to buy from overseas sellers, but I couldn't not share these links with you guys!

#312933 - 10/05/17 11:10 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I'm not fond of Belle's expression, and have a few Belle and Beast ornaments (plus there is the Parks one available this year) so that one doesn't much interest me. But the other two look fabulous! And I'll second your comment on Beast in the tub. I LOVE that ornament.

#312941 - 10/06/17 09:13 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I like the Cogsworth/Lumiere and Mrs. Potts/Chip from the Japan store better than the Parks ones. Thanks for the tip, luckdragon~!

#312947 - 10/06/17 04:24 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I have the Lumiere Parks ornament. It lights up, which is nice, but Hallmark has the best Lumiere sculpt ever with the limited from 2016. Perfection.

I'll probably end up getting the Parks ones eventually. I'm sure I have enough BATB ornaments to do their own tree. lol

Got my shipping notice from the Disney Store! Everything's been shipped except Lady, Chip 'n Dale, the Coco set, and the blu-ray (obviously). Very excited! The Coco set is not my style, but that'll give me five new characters in my Disney character ornament collection. I'm at 292 without them, so I'm excited! Once I get them as well as some Hallmark Disney ornaments (like the Dory one with her parents and the Zootopia one), I'll have over 300 different characters in ornament form! Whoo hoo! laugh

I'm very happy to be able to get those Cogsworth/Lumiere and Mrs. Potts/Chip. So expensive usually! Last sold Cogsworth/Lumiere sold for nearly $65:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Ske...e-/112591529612

Can't find a last sold Mrs. Potts/Chip, but I see the Cogsworth/Lumiere one more, so that's not shocking. Hallmark did the best job with Mrs. Potts and Chip way back in 2001 with the porcelain ornaments.

Seller's also selling Belle with the Wardrobe. Forgot to mention that one. I think that was 2012...maybe 2011. Nice piece too.

Speaking of BATB ornaments, the Jim Shore one is amazing! Bought it several weeks ago:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beauty-The-Beast-Hanging-Ornament-NEW-FAST-DISPATCH-/162698992470
I paid $29.99 for it from an American seller. I wish they would sell these in the US. Do they? I've never seen them in a retail store or at an online retailer. They're packaged/marketed as Disney Traditions, and nearly everyone who sells them is from the UK.

Edit: Got a new email. Rest of my Disney Store order (except the blu-ray) has been shipped! So, Lady and Chip 'n Dale will arrive with the Coco set. laugh

Edited by luckdragon (10/06/17 08:13 PM)

#312992 - 10/07/17 04:03 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
tiggerfan Online   content
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
ohhhhhh - need some of these. Are they recent or older ones? Somehow they seem familar.

Angela

#313006 - 10/07/17 04:57 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

The Belle/Beast, Cogsworth/Lumiere, and Mrs. Potts/Chip are 2010 ornaments, I think. Belle/Wardrobe is probably 2011, 2012, or 2013... (I'm too lazy to check). Beast in the tub is from 2015.

#313014 - 10/07/17 05:35 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I popped into the Disney store since I was at the mall for Hallmark Ornament Debut. They had the Olaf's Frozen Adventure singing ornament on the buy 2 for $12 each display rack. Singing Ariel (repeat) and Singing Moana (repeat) were also on the sale display rack. No Coco merchandise yet. So I bought two of the Frozen to get the sale price. They didn't ring up on sale, but the clerk saw it before I could even say anything and said, "These should be $12 each so give me a moment and I'll put that promo in." And then she waved her magic wand and voila!

btw just some info on sales in case you are wondering what to get early and what to wait for on sale:

There were NO Grumpy at the piano.
No Up! House.
No Beauty and the Beast rose.
There was only 1 Lady with the pink box.
There was only 1 Stitch (he's bigger than I expected. Looked good.)
There was only 1 Lilo and Scrump.
There was only 1 Alice Queen of Hearts.
There was only 1 Minnie Mouse.
Lots and lots of the Alice in Wonderland doorknob.
Good quantity of the glass ball ornaments with scenes inside, including Jimmy Cricket, Tinkerbell, etc.
Several Huey, Dewey, Louie.
Good quantity of Rescuers.
Couple of King Louie from Jungle Book.

I didn't see anything the store had that wasn't available online.

#313019 - 10/07/17 06:16 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*

I didn't see anything the store had that wasn't available online.

Appreciate the report, Diana*.

Yeah . . . we all need to watch eBay or those that are lucky enough to have a store . . . after last years Ursula/Vanessa ornament.

I don't recall IF there was one the year or two or three before that. I stayed faithful to Hallmark for far too long and missed some GREAT Sketchbook pieces.

#313084 - 10/08/17 06:14 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Promotion is now free shipping on your order through Monday. Hopefully, they do something exciting tomorrow. We'll see.

#313097 - 10/08/17 10:41 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Anybody . . . recall when searching on Sketchbook recently . . . I'd get 75 results last week or so after they added the Coco ornaments but last couple of days it has only been 74. Trying to think of which one is missing by scrolling thru "results" but none are coming to mind as missing/no longer available.

Hmmmmmmm

#313110 - 10/08/17 12:56 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
RJingle Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Bedminster, NJ, USA
Oh My Lord - I'm not even telling my daughter about these....Is Hallmark making them. I just looked at the Disney site and it says 277 ornaments.....I wonder how Hallmark will be able to support theirs. There are just too many ornaments around to buy anymore!!! I didn't even know that these came out last year. At least we don't have very many Disney stores around here....and my granddaughter collects the Hallmark PM ones.....and now Disney has them?

#313112 - 10/08/17 01:11 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: RJingle]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Anybody . . . recall when searching on Sketchbook recently . . . I'd get 75 results last week or so after they added the Coco ornaments but last couple of days it has only been 74. Trying to think of which one is missing by scrolling thru "results" but none are coming to mind as missing/no longer available.

Hmmmmmmm

I think Johnny Appleseed from the Storybook Classics sold out. wink

Originally Posted By: RJingle
Oh My Lord - I'm not even telling my daughter about these....Is Hallmark making them. I just looked at the Disney site and it says 277 ornaments.....I wonder how Hallmark will be able to support theirs. There are just too many ornaments around to buy anymore!!! I didn't even know that these came out last year. At least we don't have very many Disney stores around here....and my granddaughter collects the Hallmark PM ones.....and now Disney has them?

The Disney Store site shows several different lines. Most are sold in the Disney Parks and sold year round. The Disney Store line is called the Sketchbook ornaments. They started in 2007. You can see them all here:
http://s754.photobucket.com/user/luckdra...rt=4&page=1

They're resin ornaments instead of Hallmark's artplas. They tend to cost less, but their secondary market values tend to be higher than Hallmark Keepsakes.

#313119 - 10/08/17 02:16 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Ah that must be the one . . . I hadn't been paying close attention to the last monthly ones so hadn't missed it but was thinking which 2017 Sketchbook could it be~!

Thanks, luckdragon~!

#313120 - 10/08/17 02:19 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: RJingle]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: RJingle

IF one subtracts all the Ears and Shoe ornaments and NOW the latest the Purse/Handbag ornaments from the 277 . . . it would be greatly reduced.

I like purses, especially expensive ones . . . but buying the ornaments in the color theme of the various characters/Princesses . . . not so much. Same as the shoes and mouse ear ones . . . I thought the "ears" ones were nice when they first came out, I think they were supposedly even limited . . . and then Disney flooded the designs . . . I can't imagine keeping up with that collection . . . glad I never bought any.

#313142 - 10/08/17 03:48 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I am still tempted to get some of the ear ornaments, especially the ones themed around various attractions. But for the price, I just can't go there.

#313156 - 10/08/17 04:25 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Did you see they have race cars too now? I am a figural fan. Iíll admit I have several of the cute plush ones. Havenít paid full price for any of them (theyíre overpriced).

#313201 - 10/08/17 08:54 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: carstairs38]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: carstairs38
I am still tempted to get some of the ear ornaments, especially the ones themed around various attractions. But for the price, I just can't go there.

Our local Disney Store, which is an outlet one, was selling some of the ear ornaments in, what I call it, the out-dated, overstocked or unloved Disney theme park merchandise area. Stuff that didn't sell at the parks and they are trying to unload at their stores. They usually have older ornaments or ones that no one was buying and they had several there.

I picked up some Haunted Mansion and various character ornaments the last time I was there and they had a bunch of the ear ornaments. They're usually on sale because they're trying to get rid of them. That was at the end of August when the Sketchbook ornaments showed up and I stopped in to buy those.

Edited by MeowRalphMeow (10/08/17 08:54 PM)

#313208 - 10/08/17 11:16 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Rytee Offline
Elf in Training

I think the pascal hanging from the light-up lantern ornament has been sold out for a few days online. He was the only one on my list i wasn't able to get during the sale.

#313215 - 10/09/17 07:29 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Rytee]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow...the Columbus Day sale is just the free shipping offer. That's a total change from last year. Last year, they had some different categories on sale (like the Sketchbooks were $10 each if you bought 2 or more), plus percentage off deals based on how much you spent. 20% was the highest point last year.

$8 each with last year's Columbus Day sale, $9 each with this year's pre-Columbus Day sale. Still showing that early October is the key time to buy.

And man, I am HATING the new site format. If you try to look at new products and sort them by new, it'll work for a bit, then stuff starts repeating. I knew when I got the Grumpy shirt two lines down from where I first saw it, that the repeats had begun. I don't get how this is difficult to code. If you go to a category, even a large one, they won't repeat, so why is it that new releases do that?

Waiting for Friday. Hoping to get a new Animator's ornament set. If not, at least last year's had Belle and Pocahontas (Pocahontas is my favorite animator's doll). Not sure why I keep hoping for more stuff to spend money on...

Originally Posted By: Rytee
I think the pascal hanging from the light-up lantern ornament has been sold out for a few days online. He was the only one on my list i wasn't able to get during the sale.

Good eyes! I think he was there when the sale started on Thursday morning... He's the ornament people on Instagram kept going gah gah over and taking pictures of the most. Grumpy disappeared temporarily, so keep your eyes peeled. He might show back up. wink

And welcome to the boards!

#313221 - 10/09/17 08:07 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore

$12 each is the sale.
and free shipping ends today.

I wonder if there will be a better sale before some of the ornaments are sold out ???

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Moderator