YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
YuleLog Links
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
2 registered (Elliott the Elf, 1 invisible), 74 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5577 Members
15 Forums
25110 Topics
310097 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 05:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#314689 - 11/21/17 04:53 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Magical Rush on "Holiday Decor" but the ornaments aren't on sale (I checked on the Frozen music and boxed set, as well as Baymax).

#314763 - 11/24/17 08:20 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Lillame Offline
Elf in Training

Ornaments are what, little over $6 right now for Black Friday? Also, it looks like several are back in stock.

#314787 - 11/25/17 03:42 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

The price must have changed because the ornaments are listed at $10 each plus 20% off which puts them at $8.

However, the Olaf's Frozen Adventure ornaments are 20% (including the big limited set), and the Coco and Star Wars ornaments as well. I think this is the first time all of these are hitting a sale.

#314789 - 11/25/17 08:12 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
They were like $8.47 at one point on Friday and then you got 20% off. I didn't bother ordering any. I think once Friday was over was when they increased the prices since it wasn't Black "Friday" anymore.

But, I got a mystery offer today from Hot Topic. It was going to be 30%, 40%, or 50%. I got the 50%, so I went to get some blind bag keychains and then looked around. Searched Beauty and the Beast, and the watch I stalked from March through October before giving up hope it would ever be in stock again was suddenly back in stock! YAY! Naturally, I bought that. The keychains weren't enough to definitely secure an order from me, but that watch sealed the deal. I've also spent so much at Hot Topic, that I was boosted up to VIP a few months ago. Now, I get shipping for $2, which is pretty sweet.

Watch:
https://www.hottopic.com/product/disney-beauty-and-the-beast-charm-watch/10800886.html

I have the Alice watch that is just like that. Interesting thing is that that one is now permanently sold out (ie the page no longer exists).

#314790 - 11/25/17 08:59 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I FINALLY received my ParksShopDisney order(s) today. Whew. Took forever. I was getting worried as one item was now only available in stores @ WDW and some were reporting one of the pair broken. The Chip & Dale tall full size nutcrackers. So very, very well done. Not cheap or tacky at all. These will go GREAT with with my Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald from about maybe 10-15 years ago from The Disney Store which were also very nicely done. So now I can put Mickey, Minnie and Goofy together at one end of fireplace, and Donald & Chip & Dale on the other on years that I go all out and use lots of Disney. I mix it up. Don't always do Disney. Give it a rest some years but years we have a December visit I enjoy really putting in the effort.

Also a few other items in another shipment.

Sooooooooooooooooooo S-L-O-W. Ordered the 12th and 13th of Nov. Shipped Fed Ex Smart Post and just arrived today. One of them, the one with the nutcrackers just sat & sat & sat with absolute zero movement on the tracking thus adding to my doubts as to its arrival and in perfect condition.

Whew.

p.s. forgot to add the items, even though they were ParksShopDisney, they shipped from Memphis TN, so about 225 miles . . . took THAT long. I could have driven over one afternoon and picked them up instead.

Edited by Qwackertoo (11/25/17 09:17 PM)

#314839 - 11/28/17 02:25 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Put up some more decorations, and from all the problems with the Art of Snow White set, I hadnít really looked at them. Besides a few problems with eye colors, it really has nice sculpts. Better than the Beauty and the Beast set (I think they got a bit caught up in textures of the charactersí clothing in that set). The Snow White with the candle is so simply done, that it is really quite beautiful. Iíve never cared for Snow White as a character, but Iíve always liked her design.

Oh, and itís not to say I donít like the BATB set, I do, but some of its sculpts were disappointing (Gaston and Lumiere come to mind). The Wardrobe is pretty excellent and the Beastís face is flawless. Iíve yet to see the Disney Store do a bad sculpt for him and wish they would sculpt him for Hallmark.

#314868 - 11/28/17 06:25 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Magical Rush had ornaments back at $7 when you used all the promo codes. They also had a nice selection of tall mugs and latte mugs at $7.

#315540 - 12/20/17 11:26 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Good sale going on right now. I broke down and bought Olaf's Frozen Adventure ornament set for $27.98! You can get the Coco set for that price too. Great for Halloween trees as well.

Also bought a couple more Sketchbook ornaments: Cruz Ramirez (new character for me) and the Donald Duck jack-in-the-box.

Then, I found the limited edition Kylo Ren and Rey action figure set for half price. Score! Even if it's "Force Awakens" and not "The Last Jedi," it's still a good deal. Limited to 1000 and still in stock? Weird. The retail price was way too high. I can live with under $40.

I have a few action figures. I have all of the Diamond Select Muppets action figures (and have pre-ordered series 4, but it keeps getting pushed back, but series 3 went through that bull last year too). Also have a Jareth action figure by McFarlane. Couldn't resist the pairing of Rey and Kylo. Action figures are just small dolls anyway, so since I collect dolls, they fall into that category. Sorry guys, but they are dolls. By definition, a doll is a small model of a human figure, often used as a toy. So...action figure=doll.

#315575 - 12/24/17 09:51 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I noticed the Last Jedi ornament set is also on sale and am sorely tempted to get that and Olaf's Frozen Adventure set. They are finally doing a good sale on the individual Coco Miguel singing ornament, as well as the individual Olaf's Frozen Adventure singing ornament.

Looks like I missed the Coco set, I can't find it in search. I've been on a trip and am now trying to catch up with stuff.

#315611 - 12/25/17 09:28 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

So, they got "The Last Jedi" set back, but now "Coco" disappeared. Interesting...

"Olaf's Frozen Adventure" set sold out (it's actually showing a sold out banner). Hopefully my set arrives in good condition. I kind of hope this is it for "Frozen" ornament sets for several years. I would rather see the other movies get sets. Like the pleasant surprise that was the Pinocchio set a couple of years ago. I would love to see a "Fantasia" set, actually. With an ornament representing each segment. That would be lovely. I feel like it should be getting released again on blu-ray soonish, shouldn't it? "Lady and the Tramp" is set to come out of the vault in February, and I would ADORE an ornament set for that movie! "The Lion King" deserves an ornament set too. Maybe in 2019 for the anniversary (that may be the live action movie's release year too). That would be ideal.

I really like "The Last Jedi" set. Highly recommend it. The ornaments are sized the same as the "A New Hope" set. Though, after seeing the movie, I wish Rose had been in the set instead of the Praetorian Guard. I guess they wanted to add in a villain type character. Praetorian Guards remind me of Captain Phasma. Cool-looking characters that are under-utilized. Yeah, slight spoiler if you haven't seen the movie: Phasma still isn't used that much. Like a friend said, obviously she was meant to sell action figures, and that's it.

Edit: And the action figure set I bought sold out too. Glad I happened upon this sale.

Edited by luckdragon (12/25/17 09:40 PM)

#315636 - 12/26/17 08:11 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

If you are in a Disney store, the sets of Coco, Frozen, and Last Jedi are ringing in about $35. But if you have a screen shot of the online sale of $27.87 they'll price match it. I showed them this discussion and a screen shot of the Last Jedi priced at $27.98 and they honored it for Coco and Frozen Adventure (Last Jedi was sold out in store or I would have bought that one, too). I think all three sets are showing as sold out online now. Not much in the single ornaments, either, online and instore. I'd say 50% of the ornaments on the rack in the store were broken, so if you are buying off the rack be sure to really look the ornament over for breakage.

#315692 - 12/28/17 03:02 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got my order today, and I really need to start reading descriptions. I thought my action figures would be about six inches tall. Nope. Theyíre about the size of Barbies. Well, the price tag was more a bargain than I thought. Numbered certificate too. Why canít the limited ornament sets have numbered certificates? I always love numbered certificates for dolls.

#315713 - 12/29/17 06:52 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, I found Coco and Olaf's Frozen Adventure ornament sets at a different Disney Store, and they wouldn't accept The Last Jedi screen shot to price match. Pooh. Said it had to be the exact same product. It's a store pretty far away from me that I popped into while on a Hallmark search, so I don't feel like driving all the way back out there with my other store receipt to get them.
They also had the anniversary Star Wars ornament set in a badly damaged (crumpled corner and stickers removed... I think somebody used and returned after Christmas) AT FULL PRICE. Could not believe that one. Not even part of the 40 or 50% after the holidays sale. I thought Disney Stores were all pretty similar but this just goes to show how managers can still exert influence over the places.
Luckdragon, had to laugh about your action figure description. Last year we bought a lot of the Rogue One figures (about 6" high in the $10 to $12 each range on sale... so bigger than the typical 3 3/4" toys) and there was a sale online for a Darth Vader (only $5) and I assumed it was the same scale... nope! Darth Vader was gigantic! Quite the surprise that the bigger piece was 1/2 the price of the smaller sets.

#315714 - 12/29/17 07:13 AM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

That's surprising that they wouldn't match the price. Usually Disney trains their employees to go above and beyond.

A former assistant manager where I work used to be an assistant manager at a Disney Store (back when we had Disney Stores). She said that the company had high expectations for managers to make guests happy. One other cool thing she said they did was that they wanted their employees to know the Disney movies and characters, so they had a library of Disney movies in their break area. A movie was always playing, and you could borrow them to take them home and watch them.

Great bargain on the Darth Vader for that price! Glad to see I'm not the only one not reading descriptions. wink

Oh, and I did some research on eBay and found out the set of action figures were made for D23.

#316172 - 01/08/18 05:11 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Magical Rush (code Magical) takes another 25% off the already low prices. There isn't much left, but what they have - including musical Coco - come out to about $5.25 each. Great deal.

#316585 - 01/18/18 07:30 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

There's a Magical Rush right now for free shipping. Ends at 6 PM PST. I've been waiting for a free shipping promo to pre-order "Coco," but there are still a few ornaments available.

#316588 - 01/18/18 08:15 PM Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
oops missed it by 14 minutes. Darn.

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Moderator:  Moderator