YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
3 registered (Trena, ajfargo, MarkyMark), 93 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1472 Members
15 Forums
25404 Topics
314393 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#322391 - 08/16/18 10:59 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Alabama
They also had some flat, metal superhero ornaments that were colorized. The silver outline is raised up and it looks like the flat areas were flooded with some kind of paint or enamel product.

My husband picked them up because they reminded him of some ornaments he had as a kid in the 70ís. I believe they are at a $3 price point. Because they are so inexpensive, he wants to buy a second set and see if he can use acetone or some other kind of paint remover to take them down to the bare metal to make them look more like the ones he had from when he was a kid.

Iím not sure if there were any other characters. These are the ones he brought home:

BATMAN - metal, flat, colorized

SUPERMAN - metal, flat, colorized
t

CAPTAIN AMERICA - metal, flat, colorized

SPIDER-MAN - metal, flat, colorized

#322402 - 08/17/18 09:05 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
Those superhero ornaments remind my of the "sun catchers" you could make at home from at least the 1970s and 1980s. You put the colored plastic beads into the metal frame, then put everything into the oven to melt the plastic.

#322419 - 08/18/18 12:33 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Mak-It and Bak-It. I loved those as a kid! We did a set of those that was the 12 Days of Christmas, and I really wish I had them. I've looked for sets, but they are rare and expensive.

#322421 - 08/18/18 02:58 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
Taj Offline
Elf VP

The superheroes look like pins. I am sure they are bigger than a pin. They look well dome for $3. If I see them I will get them.

#322425 - 08/18/18 07:38 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: Qui-gon Grin]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Qui-gon Grin
Originally Posted By: pxsrdh
I went to Walmart and took photos of some of the ornaments.

How nicely your WalMart is organized. The one near me last year just had the ornaments placed haphazardly on a self in a corner of the store last year.

Itís interesting that you should mention that because thereís no rhyme or reason to how those ornaments will be displayed in stores. I guess itís just a management decision.

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#322428 - 08/18/18 10:09 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: pxsrdh]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: pxsrdh

Itís interesting that you should mention that because thereís no rhyme or reason to how those ornaments will be displayed in stores. I guess itís just a management decision.

They have planograms. My store's set up is identical. Now, depending on how the store's layout is, the plan could vary, but what happens is that at Wal-Mart's headquarters, they'll have a team of people who figure out how to take an aisle and organize it, including peg spacing, shelf heights, etc. After figuring it out, they make the plan and upload it, releasing it to the stores with set dates. You all have probably seen these types of plans laying around at various retailer. I've been seeing them a lot recently in Hobby Lobby's Christmas area. I used to set aisles a lot at TRU. It's important to try to follow the plans since boxes come in with codes on them for what aisle they belong to, they're in the computer telling you which aisle in case you need to find them, and for programs like ship-from-store, it tells you which aisle to find them. In some stores (not TRU), they even pinpoint the location on the aisle (one of my former codeworkers also worked for an auto shop and the computer would tell them how many spots over from the top corner an item would be).

Now, if you have a lazy person doing the planogram or an idiot doing the planogram, then you end up with something against the plan. Plus customers screw up aisles a lot. Especially at places like Wal-Mart. One of the most annoying things you can do when shopping is to pick an item up, look at it, and then place it on a different shelf or on a different peg.

#322430 - 08/18/18 10:46 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: carstairs38]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: carstairs38
Mak-It and Bak-It. I loved those as a kid! We did a set of those that was the 12 Days of Christmas, and I really wish I had them. I've looked for sets, but they are rare and expensive.

Thanks I couldn't remember the brand name. From just doing a quick internet search on that name, it seems they re still being made. I haven't seen one though since the mid-80s I say.

Edited by Qui-gon Grin (08/18/18 10:49 AM)

#322440 - 08/18/18 04:54 PM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
VinceL Offline
Elf

Loc: North Carolina
I went to my local Walmart today looking for B-line ornaments. They have the usual aisle-end display. But, it looks like all they did was put out the ornaments left over from last year. Not all the pegs had ornaments, and the pegs with ornaments only had 1 ornament. frown

I am hopeful that they will be putting out this year's ornaments in the next couple of days.

What are the best stores to check for B-line ornaments besides Walmart?

#322465 - 08/20/18 03:23 PM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
VinceL Offline
Elf

Loc: North Carolina
I went back to my local Walmart today. It looked like they had put up about a dozen more ornaments...still a very empty looking display.

I drove about 6 miles to the next closest Walmart. I hit the jackpot. They had lots of the B-line ornaments out and many of each ornament.

There were a few labeled "Walmart Exclusive." One was BB-8 from Star Wars with a Santa hat...had to get that one. grin Also bought all 3 of the Porg ornaments that they had and got Mr. Spock and Capt. Kirk. I bought a few other Star Wars ornaments as well.

A very successful trip! smile

#322469 - 08/20/18 06:56 PM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
Taj Offline
Elf VP

I went to my Walmart this weekend. The ornaments were not displayed like the picture here. They were on the bottom shelf by the thank you cards and were laid down on the back of the box with another box stacked on top. They did not have all the choices in the picture. The superheroes were the same...in stacks. There was a plastic strip that hangs at the end of a shelf that had more superheroes. They were 3.97 at my store and not $3. They didn't have Superman. There were other ornaments of this type that were not superheroes but I already forgot what they were.

#322471 - 08/20/18 07:44 PM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
I checked them out at my Wal-Mart. There is a Dorothy from OZ. Her face doesn't look right.

I liked the PEanuts- Snoopy one. It is really cute.

#322480 - 08/21/18 09:00 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

The metal ornaments includes Disney princesses (5 or 6), Rudolph, and some others I canít remember. Our Walmart had thes3 on a separate display 3 aisles away from the rest of the bline ornaments. It was in a cardboard display that hangs on the side of the end cap.

If Iím over that way later today Iíll go in and take a picture.

#322524 - 08/23/18 09:47 PM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

Loc: The belly button of Illinois
I think someone is goosing Rich Uncle Pennybags!

hahah

Edited by kindacowboy (08/23/18 09:47 PM)

#322527 - 08/24/18 08:52 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: kindacowboy
I think someone is goosing Rich Uncle Pennybags!

hahah

Or he's reacting to the price. Your description is funnier though.

I stopped in the WalMart that is about 5 minutes from where I work. I didn't see any Christmas stuff on display anywhere in the store.

#322534 - 08/24/18 11:26 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
There are a few nice b-line(red box) ornaments. Need to check out some of the local stores.

#322537 - 08/24/18 05:47 PM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

Loc: The belly button of Illinois
I went to Walmart today but forgot to check the ornaments. I had three things on my list- It seems that is the maximum that I can remember theses days!

#322551 - 08/24/18 10:47 PM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I was going to look when I was there after work and completely forgot. Which is pare for the course. I never look year after year.

#322626 - 08/29/18 01:13 AM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

I finally got back over to Walmart. Hereís a picture of the end cap display of the flat metal colorized ornaments.

#322635 - 08/29/18 05:29 PM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

...and adding to Galloping Cat's post...here's a close up of
some of those ornaments. They are 3.25"H.

I bought the Barbie.

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#322636 - 08/29/18 05:30 PM Re: BLine ornaments you hope for this year? [Re: kindacowboy]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Hallmark fan,
Queli

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Moderator