YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
1 registered (Ry_Guy_AZ), 110 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1472 Members
15 Forums
25404 Topics
314405 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#323256 - 09/29/18 03:22 PM Saw the Christmas Keepsake puzzle at Hallmark today!
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Only 550 pieces. Boo! I like 1000 pieces (or 750). 550 are too quick to build.

Anyway, it's Mary's Angels:

http://i68.tinypic.com/af98c4.jpg

#323257 - 09/29/18 03:40 PM Re: Saw the Christmas Keepsake puzzle at Hallmark today! [Re: luckdragon]
Moley Online   content
Elf Manager

Loc: Arkansas
Oh wow, I love the 550. I am not in the 1000 league. That is such a charming picture of the angels. Thank you for posting it.

#323268 - 09/30/18 12:13 AM Re: Saw the Christmas Keepsake puzzle at Hallmark today! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I'm wishing the two puzzles from last year were 550 pieces instead of 1000. That's much more what I have the time and patience to do.

#323269 - 09/30/18 02:09 AM Re: Saw the Christmas Keepsake puzzle at Hallmark today! [Re: luckdragon]
beaglebabes Online   happy
Elf VP

Loc: WI
Yup I picked mine up at the Madison signing and had Robert Chad sign it. I am glad it is only 550 pieces and I don't have the room to make a 1000 piece puzzle. And I used a 40% off on the puzzle!

#323271 - 09/30/18 12:29 PM Re: Saw the Christmas Keepsake puzzle at Hallmark today! [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: carstairs38
I'm wishing the two puzzles from last year were 550 pieces instead of 1000. That's much more what I have the time and patience to do.

You would like what Ceaco launched this summer. They have what's called "perfect piece count" where they selected their most popular designs and let you choose the design and either 300, 550, 750, 1000, or 1500 piece count. Then they print and cut that puzzle for you. I was thrilled since they had a beautiful design that's only been available in 1500 piece, and I was able to get it made in 1000. It's not that I don't think I could put together a 1500 piece, I just know that it won't fit the table I use. I also got a 1000 piece puzzle made from a design that had only been available in 300 piece before. I hope they'll add more designs since I want the Thomas Kinkade Disney 300 puzzle images available to convert to 750 to add to my collection of those puzzles. "Princess and the Frog," "The Lion King," "Fantasia," and "Lady and the Tramp" are the ones I want, but they haven't made them in 750 yet. They just keep selecting new designs. The do 2 releases a year in that series with 3 designs per release. I keep hoping they'll convert them, but so far, nothing.

And yes, I know way more about that than I probably should... Ceaco's a really good company though. They put inspector tags in each puzzle. When I put together the Thomas Kinkade Dumbo 750 piece puzzle earlier this year, it was missing one piece. All I had to do was take a photo of the UPC with the inspector tag and email it to them. Within a week and a half, they sent me another copy of that puzzle. Haven't put it together yet to see if it has all of the pieces, but I kept the one with the missing piece, so even if it missing another, odds are that it won't be missing the same.

I was also happy to see Barnes and Noble now has the Disney Ravensburger puzzles that I used to have to order from England. Not the cute movie poster one, but the ones that are one movie each with the film strip around the edges. That movie poster one is one of my all-time favorites. Out of all of the puzzle companies, you cannot beat the quality of Ravensburger. Granted, the first puzzle I ever put together by them was a Christmas puzzle we sold at Toys R Us that eventually got marked down to $3 (and was 1000 pieces, which is my preferred piece count). It wasn't missing pieces, but it had 3 extra pieces (belonged to that puzzle too). They were perfect matches. Unlike my Disney Signature Lion King puzzle. It had an extra piece too, but it didn't fit where it should have. Quality's not as good. Still, that indicated to me that Ravensburger can have missing pieces if I ended up with extras, they had to come from someone else's puzzle. It's not a puzzle I particularly like though. Artwork's kind of blah and difficult to work, but it was $3.

I'll stop talking about puzzles. They've become a kind of new hobby passion of mine. Well, I've been a puzzler for more than a year, so it's not super new.

#323273 - 09/30/18 05:05 PM Re: Saw the Christmas Keepsake puzzle at Hallmark today! [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
And yes, I know way more about that than I probably should... Ceaco's a really good company though. They put inspector tags in each puzzle. When I put together the Thomas Kinkade Dumbo 750 piece puzzle earlier this year, it was missing one piece. All I had to do was take a photo of the UPC with the inspector tag and email it to them. Within a week and a half, they sent me another copy of that puzzle. Haven't put it together yet to see if it has all of the pieces, but I kept the one with the missing piece, so even if it missing another, odds are that it won't be missing the same.

I was also happy to see Barnes and Noble now has the Disney Ravensburger puzzles that I used to have to order from England.

You are aware they purposely took out that exact same piece in the puzzle they sent you just to drive you crazy, right? wink

I spotted those puzzles at Barnes when I was in there Friday night. Tempting, but at the price ($25?), I couldn't justify it at all.

#323274 - 09/30/18 06:20 PM Re: Saw the Christmas Keepsake puzzle at Hallmark today! [Re: luckdragon]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
I love the Mary's angel puzzle it is so cute.

#323601 - 10/08/18 06:24 PM Re: Saw the Christmas Keepsake puzzle at Hallmark today! [Re: susan in florida]
Sue Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, Maryland
Bumping this up for the puzzle picture. I had not seen this when I made my post.

Sue
Pasadena, Maryland

Moderator:  Moderator