YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
1 registered (JAS51), 88 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
1481 Members
15 Forums
25500 Topics
315509 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#323383 - 10/06/18 11:26 AM Limited Ornaments at Debut
gshawen Offline
Elf

Loc: Ky
Our store got in only one of the season treating's ornament. They told me they had 14 total ornaments that were suppose to be for sale today that did not show up. Anybody else run into this at Debut?

#323384 - 10/06/18 11:55 AM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
Moley Online   content
Elf Manager

Loc: Arkansas
Our store got in two. I was first on the Wish List and they do allow limited ornament requests but mine got overlooked. They were so apologetic and I told them I appreciated what they do for customers. Maybe they can get from another store but I think I am out of luck on this one. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep an eye out online. That was the hot one this year. Hot cocoa! Yum and durn. smile

#323385 - 10/06/18 12:09 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
sweetdcb Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: MN
My store had one Season's Treatings on the shelf. I don't know if there were any in the wish list bags. I managed to score it as I was the first through the door so I was happy. There were quite a few unhappy customers as many in the store were there for that limited. I felt bad for the employees. I got my wish list items and checked out. I forgot about the Teensy Nutcracker free gift for club members so I will have to go back.

Darcy

#323397 - 10/06/18 12:33 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
oddsbodkins Offline

My store called yesterday to say that only half of my ornaments were filled. Ordered the ones missing online (Link and HAL 9000). This the first time they've failed to fill my list.

#323398 - 10/06/18 12:42 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Walking Dead seemed to bomb the most. Wish lists took everything but Walking Dead, Riddler, and Lionel.

I got my two: Seasonís Treatings and Queen of Hearts. According to what the manager said to angry customers, they got in fifty of the Seasonís Treatings. On Facebook, Iím seeing much lower numbers. Store had at least 400 wish lists as well.

#323399 - 10/06/18 01:04 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: sweetdcb]
carstairs38 Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: sweetdcb
I forgot about the Teensy Nutcracker free gift for club members so I will have to go back.

Darcy

That ornament is for the local club members, not the KOC members, so your store won't have it unless they have a local club.

My store only had Mrs. Taz, Walking Dead, and Queen of Hearts on the shelf. Glad I had put some on my wish list (I usually don't) because I got the three I wanted - Queen of Hearts, Riddler, and Seasons Treatings.

#323400 - 10/06/18 01:38 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
APAL2016 Offline

Loc: SC
I got to the store early to be the first in line since you can not put limited ones on your wish list. It was too hot and muggy to sit outside so I asked if they needed any help - they had me put out the limited ones. There were 14 Season's Treatings and 6 Jiminey Crickets - there was plenty of the other limited ones

#323402 - 10/06/18 02:00 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
kmitch Offline

Loc: Conway, AR, USA
Has the local club ornaments come in?

#323403 - 10/06/18 02:09 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: kmitch]
nancyj Offline

Loc: Blacksburg, VA
Our local club minis did not come in yet.

#323405 - 10/06/18 02:26 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
kmitch Offline

Loc: Conway, AR, USA
Thanks!!

#323409 - 10/06/18 02:38 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: carstairs38]
sweetdcb Offline

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: carstairs38
I forgot about the Teensy Nutcracker free gift for club members so I will have to go back.

Darcy

That ornament is for the local club members, not the KOC members, so your store won't have it unless they have a local club.

My store only had Mrs. Taz, Walking Dead, and Queen of Hearts on the shelf. Glad I had put some on my wish list (I usually don't) because I got the three I wanted - Queen of Hearts, Riddler, and Seasons Treatings.

Well that explains the Teensy Nutcracker. I didn't look that close to the fine print. My store has struggled with a local club. Everyone on the boards are so knowledgeable about all the ins and outs of Hallmark.

Darcy

#323422 - 10/06/18 05:28 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
I got to my Hallmark store in the mall at 9:30 am, and I was the only customer. There were 5 Season's Treatings on the shelf. I'm not sure how many were already in customers' Wish List bags, since this store set aside the limiteds into Wish List bags. I had forgotten to drop off my October Wish List. [Yes, I have a July list, an October list, a November list, and a December list. Since the assistants had no other customers, I just called out my fifteen October Debut ornaments and they filled my basket for me. What service! I even had time to open the mystery boxes. My lucky streak from the San Diego signing continued as my first hummingbird mystery box was the gold one :), and the second one was the beautiful blue one!
Later, I drove to the local franchise store and they were sold out of the Season's Treatings LE ornament.

#323426 - 10/06/18 07:01 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: U.S.A.
My store had the same problem with the Season's Treatings and the
mini candy stocking, but I had a great time being there and
looking at the Debut ornaments.

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#323450 - 10/07/18 02:03 AM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: sweetdcb]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: carstairs38

Darcy

Well that explains the Teensy Nutcracker. I didn't look that close to the fine print. My store has struggled with a local club. Everyone on the boards are so knowledgeable about all the ins and outs of Hallmark.

Darcy

I wouldn't expect the store that sponsors a local club to distribute the local club ornament. The store doesn't know who should get one, and distribution for every club I've ever heard of controls who gets one. The club determines who gets one based on criteria they set. For example, many clubs prioritize members whose names were on the roster submitted to Hallmark the previous January to get one before members who joined after the roster was submitted. The roster is used by Hallmark to determine how many ornaments each club gets, and it makes sense to give those members whose names were on the list first chance.

I strongly believe Hallmark made a mistake that is causing problems by listing the Teensy Nutcracker in For Keeps earlier this year. People are going to visit stores looking for it, the associates aren't going to know anything about it (unless someone trained them to say "you have to belong to a local club to get one" and anything else they choose to include, which makes the customer think the associate doesn't know their job very well), and it's going to create some hard feelings that shouldn't happen.

#323560 - 10/08/18 10:29 AM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I haven't received either any local club info or ornaments. I hope clubs with no sponsor store still get them.

#323567 - 10/08/18 11:29 AM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
Betty Peach Offline

Loc: Longmont, CO
My store got an email this morning saying the Teensy Nutcrackers would start shipping in mid-October to the sponsor stores. For those clubs without a sponsor, the ornaments will be sent to the club president.

Betty

#323608 - 10/08/18 07:09 PM Re: Limited Ornaments at Debut [Re: gshawen]
Taj Offline
Elf VP

Tons of Queen of Hearts all over but the others came in short supply. I got the ones I wanted but had to travel to find them.

Moderator:  Moderator