YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
0 registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1472 Members
15 Forums
25404 Topics
314405 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#323406 - 10/06/18 02:30 PM What I got today at Debut!
TishyBaby Offline
Elf

Loc: Davie, FL
Hi all!
Didn't get as many ornament as in July (usually don't) but was able to get all I wanted. Below are my reviews:

1. Barbie Happy Holidays (both CC & AA) - both are very pretty - well painted. They had quite a few of these gone already but of course they may have more in the back.
2. Batgirl - very much like the DC doll - another well painted ornament with VERY tiny hands with separate fingers. You really have to be careful unwrapping her (no plastic container, just paper).
3. The Polar Express - adorable mini 3 piece set. Tiny details that are well painted.
4. Lil Stuffed Stocking - apparently these are very popular as I've read on Facebook quite a few stores were out very quickly. So cute too!
5. Lionel 2245P Texas Special repaint - I love the Lionel trains and this one is very pretty - beautiful gold color.
6. Batcycle (Classic) - this was on my 'after Christmas sale' list but since I discovered that I had more in certificates, I was able to get a couple extras that I had put off buying. This is perfect - great painting and it looks so 1960s!
7. Star Trek:TOS The Naked Time - another ornament with very tiny parts. I does come in a plastic container but only 1/2 of one - the top is just paper so be careful unwrapping this one too. An after Christmas sale added to today instead.
8. Stylin' Santa - the little dials on this to change the appearance of Santa are a bit stiff but I think with usage they will loosen up. Very cute and a little larger than I thought it would be.
9. Tiny Fish, Tiny Tank - this is absolutely adorable. It has a light that lights up when you push the small button on top of the ornament. Another that was on my after Christmas list.
10. Cocoa Santa (10th Ann Season's Treatings) - from what I've seen on several Hallmark Facebook groups, this was the hardest to find. Apparently Hallmark did not make many or they just didn't ship them to the stores. I got lucky and got the last one on the shelf. Mind you, this was less than a minute after the store doors opened!

Overall, I am very happy with all the ornaments. Also picked up a gorgeous 50"x 60" throw for $19.99 and the glass pumpkin candle holder with an artificial candle. Very pretty!

Hope everyone is able to get what they want!

#323427 - 10/06/18 07:08 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: U.S.A.
TishyBaby...you got a lot of very nice ornaments.

I got:
Batman (mini)
The Flash (mini)
Holiday House (mini)
The Harry Potter book
Clashing Cymbals (free)

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#323432 - 10/06/18 07:42 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
mystery hummingbird
Limited pretty parrot
Frosty friends
miniature L'il stocking

free clashing cymbals

#323445 - 10/06/18 09:54 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
VinceL Offline
Elf

Loc: North Carolina
Surprisingly, there were more people waiting in line for the store to open today than there were in July. Now that the stores have Christmas merchandise on display, I guess people have Christmas on their mind.

Just as for the Premiere in July, our local store's system for Wishlist ornaments was not broken out by date. So, all the ornaments we had put on our Wishlist (July, October, November & December) showed up on the register. I looked at the register total of over $1,400 and said something is very wrong. shocked

After multiple attempts to ring up our ornaments, they finally just ignored our Wishlist and rang them up as if we had just walked in the store as new customers. I am sure that within the next couple of weeks we will get a phone call telling us that we can come in to pick up our Debut ornaments. smirk

The good news is that all the ornaments we had ordered for October had been picked and put in bags for us.

Here's what we had ordered:
- Gleeful Goofy Disney Christmas Carolers Collection
- Charlie Brown A Charlie Brown Christmas Collection
- Linus A Charlie Brown Christmas Collection
- Merriest House in Town
- Lo N'Sno Rider
- Christmas Cat (Solar Powered)
- Stunning Snowflake Tree Topper
- Gingerbread Village (4 buildings)
- Journey to the Stars 1st
- TIE Fighter Star Wars Collection
- Porgs of a Feather Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Han Solo & Chewbacca Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Millennium Falcon Solo: A Star Wars Story
- HAL 9000 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Lite-Brite
- Chutes & Ladders #5

We had been on the fence about a few ornaments. Today, we also picked up:
- Carol of the Birds (only a few on the shelf)
- Happy Holiday Scrubs (our daughter started Vet School this year...so a little remembrance)

We received our free Keepsake Power Cord and free Crashing Cymbal ornament.

Although Hallmark doesn't offer a Senior discount, our local store does. You just have to ask for it when you get to the register.

Tomorrow will be test and play day! grin

#323447 - 10/06/18 11:03 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

Senior discount= I love that idea!!!!

#323466 - 10/07/18 11:29 AM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
hollyjolly Offline
Elf

Picked up

- Father Christmas
- Nifty Fifties Keepsake Angel Tree Topper
- Pretty Parrot
- He’s Mr. Heat Miser!
- Cookie Cutter Christmas
- Linus A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Charlie Brown A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Journey to the Stars - first in Christmas Carnival
- Hummingbird Surprise (2)
- Keepsake Powercord (free)
- Clashing Cymbals (free)

Comments:

- Love the journey to the stars and nifty fifties angel topper!
- The pretty parrot is just “okay” - wish the size was larger
- Got lucky and opened a gold humming bird first try and then got the green with the second
- Did not pick up pull string polar bear because the store was out

Hope you had an enjoyable event weekend!

#323484 - 10/07/18 02:33 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

So here's my Hallmark haul excluding the little brown bunny :-)

On sofa:
The Flash (mini)
Lite-Brite
Batman (mini)
Clashing Cymbals (free)
Sewing Machine (B Line)

On table:
Santa's Reinbeer
Season's Treatings (limited)
Holiday House (mini)

On left:
Golden Retriever

In signature photo:
The Harry Potter book

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#323486 - 10/07/18 02:53 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

great picture! Thanks for sharing.

#323487 - 10/07/18 02:54 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Great pictures as always, although your signature is my favorite.

#323495 - 10/07/18 04:13 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
I love the "little girl (Kelly?) with the Lite-Bright and The Flash used as an action figure/doll.

One thing that didn't come home with me ... Carol of the Birds. I hadn't noticed it The Dreambook but was really taken with it. It's a bit large, but still. The only reason I didn't buy it was either the store didn't get it, or it was a sell out. However there is plenty of time and other stores to get it.

Edited by Qui-gon Grin (10/07/18 04:16 PM)

#323496 - 10/07/18 04:32 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
keladewig Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Maryland Heights, MO USA
I was able to pick up the limited Jiminy Cricket (that was the only one of the limited quantity ornaments I was interested in) and the club Pretty Parrot. All of the ornaments from my wish list were available except for the Pull-string Polar Bear. My store didn't get any of those yet so they said they would call me when it came in. I also was hoping to get the Packers NFL Jersey but my store apparently decided to only order the Chiefs and the Bears. So I may look around at a few other stores to see - I assume that was a store by store decision which ones to order. Otherwise, I'll check online.

#323518 - 10/07/18 08:26 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: pxsrdh]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: pxsrdh

I burst out laughing when I saw the Flash. Looks like he's doing the backstroke (incorrect form though). lol Nice picture though! I saw that sewing machine on the B-line display. Have to say the B-line dog/cat photo holders are much more appealing to me than the Keepsake ones this year.

What I bought:

Queen of Hearts - Really nice, but I still wish there was an Alice playing croquet that matched it. I don't understand why they didn't just do Captain Hook as a limited to match Peter Pan and save this one to match Alice another year.
Season's Treatings 10th Anniversary - Been wanting hot cocoa for the series for years. Definitely like it better than the Yule Log Cake from the last anniversary.
Lil Stuffed Stocking - Pretty popular in my area (I was back there today to get a Jim Shore ornament with a $5 off $20 coupon). I was impressed by how you could kind of see through it.
Holiday House - If you haven't looked at it, give it a go. I love that the colors change!
Tiny Fish, Tiny Tank - Also popular in my area. The light's very bright, and it's just very unique. I like the Christmas tree in the tank. They don't do much for fish owners, so if you have a fish tank, this would be adorable. I think they should consider a full size version too. Maybe with a little clam on the bottom that opens and closes exposing a lump of coal instead of a pearl...
A Creature Was Stirring #4 - I like the third one that came out in July better, but it's still cute. The candle holder part looks like it's curling like a mouse tail.
Petite Penguins #3 - I realized when writing a review for .com, that all of these have had a red accessory. The first one had a red popsicle, the second was wearing a red Santa hat, this one has a red peppermint sled, and next year's has a teacup with red as a featured color. Interesting. This one's cute, of course.
Family Game Night #5 - Even though this is identical to the box art on the game I grew up with, I wasn't thrilled with this one when it was announced/shown. It is much nicer in person and won me over. The series is really hitting its stride. I've liked all of them, but I think Monopoly is the hiccup since the bas relief of Uncle Pennybags looks odd. I love that they printed the kids on each side of the playing pieces instead of just the front.
Partners - Love! Hate that someone left that one star review on Hallmark.com that lowered the rating because they thought it would be the same quality as the Cinderella Castle (yes, the $99.99 Cinderella Castle) and were disappointed it was done in plastic (you know, like what...80% of them are...not to mention it's advertised as plastic). I never bought the Disney Parks one since something about it never looked right, and I thought it was overpriced. Very pleased with this one, and the size is amazing! Speaking of size, I noticed the Elsa one. Jeez her train makes that ornament way too big in my opinion.
TIE Fighter - I still haven't tested it out. I hear it barely does anything, so I hope next year's final editions help or maybe it unlocks scripts in the others. The sculpt's really nice. I can't complain about the sculpts on any of them.
The World Es Mi Familia - Wrong song, but they did an amazing job on the sound! I have the Disney Store singing Miguel ornament that came out last year, and it plays the same song. I'm sure that one's sound quality isn't as good, though Disney got the correct outfit (but Miguel looks like a Muppet in their sculpt...it's odd). Yeah, it would be nice if they had used the correct song, but my dog's reaction to this ornament was freakin' adorable! I wish I had had my phone out to record her. I started playing it to check to make sure it was working, and I see her head peeking around the corner of the couch (I was sitting on the couch, she was on a dog bed). I see a snout come into view, so I lowered the ornament down to her level. She laid there staring at it as he sang. It was adorable (and she's seen the movie before, not that she actually watches the television, but she was in the room while it was playing). It sold out at Debut at my store.
Lite-Brite - I still haven't tested it, but I'm very pleased by the look. Even though I would have preferred the classic clown face, I understand why they picked the winter-themed picture. I feel like this was one of the patterns the Lite-Brite came with.
Porgs of a Feather - I loved the Porgs in "The Last Jedi." They are just so cute! I would have preferred them with Chewbacca, but I understand why they didn't do that. Chewbacca was going to be part of the "Solo" set of ornaments, so I get why they did R2 instead. Lightweight and a nice sculpt/size.
A Girl's Best Friend - Anyone else notice this is an unofficial series? In 2015, they did Belle with Phillippe. In 2016, they did Rapunzel with Maximus. Both of those ornaments are also called A Girl's Best Friend. Last year, they did Minnie and Fifi with the same title, but I don't consider it part of this. I guess it technically is. Anyway, this is the best of the princess/horse unofficial series. Even though Mulan's left foot seems to be disconnected from her body. Luckily, that's the side that'll face the tree. Hopefully, we'll get Merida and Angus next. Maybe Anna and Kjekk too.
Regal Reindeer - Lovely!
Hummingbird Surprise - Only bought one, didn't really have a preference. Got the purple, as I expected I would. Lighter weight, but I like that.
Nifty Fifties Keepsake Angel Tree Topper - Like this wasn't coming home with me. Been wanting it since we got the bubble lights. Perfection!
Ralph and Vanellope - Vanellope's eyes should be brown and are way too big. I think the Disney Store did a better job (though, wrong eye color on her), but I love "Wreck-It Ralph" and needed this.
Clashing Cymbals - Free is free, but it is now my second favorite after the drum.

I also did an online order. I hadn't put Pull String Polar Bear on my Wish List but wanted it. Stores here had sold out, so I ordered that along with Storytellers Goofy (to get another free cord) and the Dwarfs one that's been sold out here. Plus a gold ornament stand (same that they had last year, I just wanted a spare). I had a certificate that kept changing from a $20 to a $5 when typed into the register, so I used it online without an issue. Interesting about the polar bear. The reindeer last year had plenty in the stores at Debut. And I kind of like the reindeer better since the color's unique.

#323532 - 10/08/18 06:01 AM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
Happy Birthday Elliott the Elf Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
My purchases for this past weekend included:

A creature was stirring
A sweet sled (Petite penguin)
Beer Stein ornament
birch branch owl
Chutes and Ladders
Cookin up a little yum
Darryl rides again (for husband)
He's Mr. Heat miser
Hummingbird Surprise (bought 2 and got one of each)
Journey to the Stars
Mary Poppins Disney
Old World Santa
Pretty Parrot (KOC)
Regal Reindeer
Special Delivery

Merle Dixon LE (for husband)
Jimminy Cricket LE
Blushing Bride Taz LE

Missed out on Season's Treatings which I wanted since I collect that series. frown
...I will have to keep looking. Maybe I will get lucky and find one since I don't want to pay ebay prices.

#323533 - 10/08/18 06:11 AM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: Elliott the Elf]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: Elliott the Elf
Missed out on Season's Treatings which I wanted since I collect that series. frown
...I will have to keep looking. Maybe I will get lucky and find one since I don't want to pay ebay prices.

Just wait until next Monday. Hallmark's website should have the limited ornaments up on that date. I went back out looking on Saturday after reading all the posts about how many people wanted them. I would have just charged box price, tax, and shipping, but they were all gone. Still, hold off on ebay until you can see if Hallmark will sell them. I would check first thing Monday morning.

#323535 - 10/08/18 07:34 AM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
Happy Birthday Elliott the Elf Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Thanks luckdragon, I will have to watch for it.

As sad as it may sound, I have come to the realization that I just don't "need" to collect it if I have to pay high prices. If I can't find it than I don't need it.

One of the many reasons I will purchase ornaments at cost for others on here... kind of a pay it forward event for when i may want something.

#323539 - 10/08/18 08:14 AM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks Susan, Mark, Qui-gon Grin, Luckdragon for your comments :-)
I had lots of fun taking those photos.

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#323561 - 10/08/18 10:35 AM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
We got these on Saturday:
- Hummingbird Surprise
- Chutes and Ladders
- Are You my Mother
- Sweet Sled
- Everlasting Light
- Nifty Fifties Tree Top Angel
- Star Wars Tie Fighter StoryTeller
- Porgs of a Feather
- Clashing Cymbols
- Seasons Treatings 10 anniv Limited
- Pretty Parrot
- Signature Anchor ornament
- Santa's Reinbeer

#323566 - 10/08/18 11:24 AM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
fourof5 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Pacifica, California, USA
I did some damage with the limited ornaments, and some add-ons that my sister and niece asked for.

Enterprise in metal - 1 for each of us - I loved it
Serenity Ship (from Firefly)
ruby slippers
Limited: Jiminy Cricket (three stores to find it)
The Red Queen
Cocoa Santa -they red teapot (they had dozens) I adore it !!
Mrs Taz
- just missed out on the Lionel Train - that one went really fast at the stores. Still looking for that one and one that I couldn't find anywhere; the 1936 pickup truck. I found out after I got home from shopping that it is a limited from premiere! Going to keep looking for that one, if anyone spies one - let me know, my niece is wanting to give to her boyfriend...

Happy Shopping everyone !!

Kathleen Tullius

#323602 - 10/08/18 06:40 PM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: pxsrdh]
Sue Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, Maryland
pxrsdh, I always love to see photos of your Barbies with Hallmark ornaments that look as though they were designed specifically for them! The Harry Potter picture is especially ingenious with the posing. I never get tired of seeing these.

Sue
Pasadena, Maryland

#323633 - 10/09/18 07:31 AM Re: What I got today at Debut! [Re: TishyBaby]
JamieG Offline
Elf

Loc: Chamblee, Georgia
Picked up these six:

HAL 9000
Riddler
Lite-Brite
Chutes & Ladders
Nifty Fifties Topper
Tiny Fish Tank

I have a fair number of darker ornaments like HAL 9000 and Lite-Brite, so I'm setting up a white tree this year to give those ornaments more of a background contrast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator