YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
3 registered (Trena, ajfargo, MarkyMark), 93 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1472 Members
15 Forums
25404 Topics
314393 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Hooked On Ornaments

Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#323508 - 10/07/18 05:58 PM Mystery Hummingbird
Elliott the Elf Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
So, how are people fairing in regards to the hummingbird mystery ornament?

My home store originally did not receive stock of them so i quickly stopped into another and picked up one. I was not expecting to get lucky and told myself I was only going to buy the one.

I could not believe my eyes when I opened it up and received the gold on my first purchase. I ended up buying a second for the other color.

#323509 - 10/07/18 06:25 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
Moley Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Arkansas
I am smiling with glee that you got both. I wanted the purple and green one. Had I gotten the golden one first, it was going to a friend but I only got the purple and green. I don't think it was my lucky day yesterday as our store does honor Wish List requests and mine was turned in first but they left out(by accident) the Season's Treatings limited. They might still sell me the display but they have to find the box for the store's inventory/sale policy.

Anyway, I love your story.

#323511 - 10/07/18 06:50 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
JimmyJoBob Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: WV
Congrats. The gold was my first open, so I was shocked. I got the other as well.

https://www.facebook.com/capitalcollectors

#323514 - 10/07/18 07:28 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I only bought one and was going to stick with whichever I got since it wasn't important to me to have both. I got the purple. But, that's fine since the gold is closer to the original than the purple.

#323515 - 10/07/18 07:34 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
Happy Birthday Gozzinta Offline

Loc: Des Moines, IA
I got a gold one, too, on my first buy. Are we all lucky or is the chance of getting a gold one higher this year? Does anyone know what the the probability is?

#323522 - 10/07/18 09:18 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
Heidi Offline

Loc: SC
Woe is me. I've opened 3 and they were all the purple and green. Now do I go back and try again? Gave one to my mom who loves birds.

#323553 - 10/08/18 09:42 AM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Heidi]
Sue Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, Maryland
On Saturday, I opened two Mystery Hummingbird boxes from two different independent stores as soon as I got them out to the car. Both were green or should I say silver? My third was gotten at my local club sponsor store. When I had gone there on Friday to make sure my wish list bag included the mystery ornament the store manager pick up a grey box of them and open it and pulled one out to put in my bag. I did not have the heart to open it on Saturday after being disappointed twice already so I waited until Sunday night and was overjoyed to find that Wendy the store manager had happened to pick the right box!! Yippee!

PS, I always go to the two stores where I turn in a wish list on Friday to make sure certain ornaments are not forgotten (mistakes can happen).

Sue
Pasadena, Maryland

#323556 - 10/08/18 10:22 AM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
Elliott the Elf Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
I am really happy for you Sue!!! So glad you got a gold one. I really had an internal discussion with myself to not get overly eager about the hummingbird in hopes that I wouldn't be too disappointed when I didn't get it.

My conversation with myself must have worked because I was in shock when I opened mine. I was so excited and I had to wait to tell my husband. He wouldn't have appreciated a phone call at work about an ornament. LOL

#323558 - 10/08/18 10:25 AM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
We bought only one and received the purple repaint.

#323609 - 10/08/18 07:12 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
Taj Offline
Elf VP

I got 2 but haven't opened them yet.

#323612 - 10/08/18 08:45 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
Collector Joy Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Illinois
I purchased 4 of the Mystery Hummingbirds and got the biggest disappointment, they were all green and blue. I really wanted a Golden one, but I feel after buying 4 that's enough.
I don't want to put out any more money on Hummingbirds unless I knew it was a Golden one.

Joyce

#323614 - 10/08/18 09:14 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
phoenix Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: IL
I bought 6; one was the golden one, five were purple. I have never been lucky at picking the Mystery boxes with the rarer colors. I really wanted the golden hummingbird so was willing to buy more boxes than I normally would. 3 is my limit to this stupid Hallmark guessing game.

#323617 - 10/08/18 10:25 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: phoenix]
sparkle Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Oregon
I usually buy 4 and do get the golden whatever. Didn't feel so lucky this year so just went to ebay and bought. I was able to get both versions for not much more in price. Two less ornaments, but have the two I wanted.
Happy for all the Yuleloggers that got lucky!

Carol

#323639 - 10/09/18 04:16 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: sparkle]
dragon Offline
Elf VP

Loc: MA
I didnít get to Debut til Sunday afternoon and only picked up a few ornaments. When I opened them at home I noticed that even though the hummingbird was sealed with the clear stickers one of them had a small piece of clear tape over it. Sure enough, when I opened it up the black bag was torn open. frown and had the blue/green/ purple bird.

I called the store back and asked to talk to the manager. As soon as I started explaining she said ď Let me guessĒ and told me they had noticed a guy huddled in to a back corner and were afraid something like this had happened.

So, they are holding an unopened one for me to come pick up. Itíll probably be the same color but at least Iíll have an honest chance of getting the gold one!

Karen

#323641 - 10/09/18 05:14 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

Loc: The belly button of Illinois
I picked up two and apparently my luck has run out because no gold for me after being very lucky with them for the past two rounds!

#323706 - 10/11/18 08:53 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
I only purchased one. I did not get GOLD!

#323710 - 10/12/18 12:08 AM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Alabama
I actually like the purple one better so I just purchased one. (It was purple). I was disappointed but my friend was; I had told her Iíd trade with her if it turned out to be a gold one!

#323716 - 10/12/18 01:16 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: Elliott the Elf]
beaglebabes Offline
Elf VP

Loc: WI
Does anyone have a gold they would like to trade for the purple? I ended up getting two purple

#323721 - 10/12/18 06:32 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: dragon]
dragon Offline
Elf VP

Loc: MA
Originally Posted By: dragon
I didnít get to Debut til Sunday afternoon and only picked up a few ornaments. When I opened them at home I noticed that even though the hummingbird was sealed with the clear stickers one of them had a small piece of clear tape over it. Sure enough, when I opened it up the black bag was torn open. frown and had the blue/green/ purple bird.

I called the store back and asked to talk to the manager. As soon as I started explaining she said ď Let me guessĒ and told me they had noticed a guy huddled in to a back corner and were afraid something like this had happened.

So, they are holding an unopened one for me to come pick up. Itíll probably be the same color but at least Iíll have an honest chance of getting the gold one!

Karen

Follow up to this story, I got back to the store today and they were very apologetic. They said about 6 boxes had been hit, a customer told them a man had been behind a tall case doing something with ornament boxes but was gone before they got to him. To add insult to injury, he apparently have taken a roll of tape from the wrapping paper area, broken that open and used it to tape up the boxes!

So I opened the box when I got out to the car....and got the green and gold hummingbird! Happy camper here!

Karen

#323722 - 10/12/18 07:41 PM Re: Mystery Hummingbird [Re: dragon]
Moley Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Arkansas
That's the best story ever, dragon! I love that you and the store outwitted The Sneaky Taper. Surely he was on a security camera somewhere. Better for him that he never gets a jury of Hallmark Ornament Enthusiasts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator