YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1503 Members
15 Forums
25710 Topics
318577 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#325890 - 01/15/19 11:25 PM Another Hallmark closing
beaglebabes Online   happy
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Elf VP

Loc: WI
The Party Shop and Dorothy's Hallmark in Warsaw IN is closing. They have been around for 40 years.

#325891 - 01/16/19 02:20 AM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: beaglebabes]
Karen Fain Offline
Elf Manager

Warsaw Party Shop Announces Closure Due To Retirement

WARSAW — Established in 1978, The Party Shop has been serving the community for over 40 years. They take pride in offering a great selection of Hallmark cards and gifts in the area. But now, the team has decided to retire and the store is closing.
“Over the years you have generously allowed us to serve your card and gift needs,” said a press release announcing the closure. “We have sincerely enjoyed working with each and every one of you and we are grateful for the many wonderful friendships that have evolved.”
Starting on today, Jan. 14, storewide retirement sale begins with prices from 10 to 75 percent off. All inventory and fixtures will be sold.
Although this decision has been difficult, The Party Shop family would like to express their sincere gratitude for allowing them to serve Kosciusko county for over 40 years.
The Party Shop is located at 3418 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. They are open from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sundays.

#325893 - 01/16/19 08:25 AM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: Karen Fain]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
Originally Posted By: Karen Fain
Warsaw Party Shop Announces Closure Due To Retirement

WARSAW — Established in 1978, The Party Shop has been serving the community for over 40 years. They take pride in offering a great selection of Hallmark cards and gifts in the area. But now, the team has decided to retire and the store is closing.
“Over the years you have generously allowed us to serve your card and gift needs,” said a press release announcing the closure. “We have sincerely enjoyed working with each and every one of you and we are grateful for the many wonderful friendships that have evolved.”
Starting on today, Jan. 14, storewide retirement sale begins with prices from 10 to 75 percent off. All inventory and fixtures will be sold.
Although this decision has been difficult, The Party Shop family would like to express their sincere gratitude for allowing them to serve Kosciusko county for over 40 years.
The Party Shop is located at 3418 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. They are open from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
is this Warsaw, Poland? wink

#325894 - 01/16/19 09:01 AM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: debbieg]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: debbieg
is this Warsaw, Poland? wink

No that Hallmark is still open. laugh laugh laugh

#325897 - 01/16/19 09:28 AM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: beaglebabes]
Dr. Redbird Offline
Elf

OMG, will so miss going to the Hallmark museum! It was always a stop for us as we travel to visit relatives in Indiana. Best wishes to David and the rest of The Party Shop team.

#325908 - 01/16/19 05:11 PM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: beaglebabes]
beaglebabes Online   happy
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Elf VP

Loc: WI
Debbieg, didn't you see where I put the sate after Warsaw IN.

#326130 - 01/27/19 05:54 PM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: beaglebabes]
RCarp Offline
Elf VP

Loc: California
If I remember right, he had a huge museum of every hallmark ornament ever made!! wonder how they will liquidate that? That is really sad, I used to call David to get ornaments I couldnt find around here, a very nice man! Good luck to them.

#326140 - 01/28/19 11:14 AM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: beaglebabes]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
Originally Posted By: beaglebabes
Debbieg, didn't you see where I put the sate after Warsaw IN.
LOL IN as in Indiana!

#326413 - 02/09/19 05:36 PM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: beaglebabes]
Designer Nan Offline
Elf

So sad to hear this wonderful store is closing. I called to see if they had a few ornaments that I am missing from my collections, and my conversation with Dorothy was lovely. We had a wonderful chat! They are sending me a few pieces that they had!I am hoping someone buys the museum and keeps it going! If you are looking for some special ornaments, give them a call. They are very helpful!

#326419 - 02/10/19 05:22 AM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: beaglebabes]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: beaglebabes
The Party Shop and Dorothy's Hallmark in Warsaw IN is closing. They have been around for 40 years.

I’m so sorry to hear this. I used to love going to The Party Shop to see the museum :-(

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#326431 - 02/11/19 10:29 PM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: beaglebabes]
thsrocks Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Louisville, KY
My girlfriend and I visited this past Saturday. Their sale prices are slightly underwelming. 10% off cards. 20% off giftware. 75% off 2018 Keepsake ornaments. 50% off original box price of ornaments 1985-2018.

They do accept phone orders. They do give crown reward points. They do not accept any coupons or reward certificates. There is no official closing date. I am guessing it is whenever the lease runs out.

My girlfiend visited this location ten years ago. She commented how store was not as well lit as her previous visit. The lighting in the "museum" area did not do justice to the comprehensive ornament collection displayed in wood with glass covered cases mounted on the walls in the area where the older ornaments, Merry Minatures, and accessories were for sale.

I would urge potential visitors to call ahead to see if the discounts are higher if you are going to shop for current merchandise. The sale began January 14.

This strip mall appears to be in trouble. The K-mart was not busy at all Saturday afternoon and is the anchor store for this mall.

We visited the Edinburgh Outlet Mall and Teresa's Hallmark in Greenwood, IN (a two story marvel) and found a few items we purchased.

#327919 - 05/02/19 05:11 PM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: beaglebabes]
thsrocks Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Louisville, KY
Mark's Hallmark, based in Louisville, KY is now down to one Gold Crown Store in Jefferson County. They abruptly closed their Oxmoor Mall store over the weekend after an apparent disagreement with mall management.

They have announced they will make sure all ornament orders are filled at their Gardiner Lane Shopping Center location. There will be some merging of store staffs over the next few weeks.

There are two corporate Gold Crown operations, two Ann's Gold Crown stores, the aforementioned Mark's, and one non-Gold Crown store in The Mall St. Matthews serving the largest city in the commonwealth.

And so it goes..... whistle

#327980 - 05/05/19 12:47 PM Re: Another Hallmark closing [Re: beaglebabes]
Mary Lynn Offline
Elf Manager

Kennedy's Hallmark Store in Lake City, Minnesota has been sold, and the new owners will not carry Hallmark products. Their last day is June 12th.

Edited by Mary Lynn (05/05/19 12:48 PM)

Moderator:  Moderator