YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
3 registered (DeniseC, chele64, foodlady), 71 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1515 Members
15 Forums
25849 Topics
320159 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#326034 - 01/21/19 04:39 PM 2019 Product Shop and In-store Ornaments
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
The vice president of my local club has been talking to the manager of one of the stores that sponsors our club. We've been confused by what Hallmark has been saying (like that never happens, right?) about the club pieces this year. If you listen closely to the video you can hear a comment about this but you don't exactly know what they mean.

There are six KOC members only pieces this year. It sounds like that's all. If you watch the video you see that blue one show up and the one with the puppy, kitty and Mary's Angels is included elsewhere. That much is true. Two ornaments come out in April when the product shop opens, two more come out in July (Premiere) and two more come out in October (Debut).

We're used to seeing in-store only ornaments released at Premiere and Debut. That is changing this year.

For all six of the members only pieces, you may be able to buy the same ornament in the store as you can buy from the product shop. Notice I said "may." We don't know now if the store will be able to place an order like they do for regular line ornaments or if these will be like the limiteds and allocated. I believe that the in-store ornaments have been allocated in the past. If your store runs out you may have to visit another store or order it online.

They are all six pictured in the flyer you can pick up at your store to use to renew or join the club. My local club sponsor's store had theirs available and many were shared at our local club meeting on Sunday. That flyer is like what we've received in the mail in the past but won't be receiving this year. If you can't get a copy or just want one to have to look at you can send me an EMail at ncope75 at juno.com and I will send you a copy in a file (not the actual flyer). I printed it off on 8 1/2" x 11" paper and the font was really small so I'd suggest printing it on 11" x 17" paper after you enlarge it if you want to have a printed copy. The flyer talks about how you have four ways to join/renew: by mail (with a $5 charge discussed in another thread), online, in-store, or by calling 1-800-HALLMARK. They did a decent job of putting a calendar in there that tells what happens and when.

#326036 - 01/21/19 05:26 PM Re: 2019 Product Shop and In-store Ornaments [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Washington State
If they are transitioning to selling club ornaments in store only, I really hope they rethink that. It will just create more hardship and cost for those who have lost their stores and shop online only now.

Lisa

#326047 - 01/22/19 07:43 AM Re: 2019 Product Shop and In-store Ornaments [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Sounds a bit confusing.

I hope they keep the club exclusives for online purchase only and they still have Limited Quantity ornaments at Premiere & Debut.

Wasn't there a another Inside Story ornament in the club video? I though that was a club exclusive as well.

#326053 - 01/22/19 11:15 AM Re: 2019 Product Shop and In-store Ornaments [Re: JerseyVike]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
Wasn't there a another Inside Story ornament in the club video? I though that was a club exclusive as well.

There was a blue Inside Story ornament in the video, and the tree with a puppy and kitten wasn't there. I thought maybe that one would be an in-store exclusive but now I'm thinking it may be an event piece.

I think this plan is a way for people who don't have a store nearby to get a piece that others are buying at stores and also a way to help stores to sell more ornaments that previously were online only. I guess we'll see what Hallmark does next but this is their plan for this year.

#326055 - 01/22/19 02:18 PM Re: 2019 Product Shop and In-store Ornaments [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
DeniseC Online   content
Elf VP

Loc: Sequim, Washington
The renewal form lists 6 ornaments in the KOC Product Shop
-
Christmas Windows, O Tannanbaum (both available in April), Clever Cockatiel, Blue Chiffon Fashion Barbie (available July), Mickey Marionette and Sugaar Plum Fairy (available in October).

On the Hallmark website I no longer see O Tannenbaum. I am not sure what's up with that.

Also on the video it shows a blue Inside Story with two little gingerbread men.

DeniseC

#326056 - 01/22/19 03:04 PM Re: 2019 Product Shop and In-store Ornaments [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
AnneTx Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Austin,Texas,USA
I am still seeing the original six with O Tannanbaum on the KOC club website. Maybe Inside Story will be an event piece for the convention.
https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornament-club/

Moderator:  Moderator